Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > Legend of Orion: Rising Hope (open)
First | Previous | Page 48 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50
Legend of Orion: Rising Hope (open) [CLOSED]
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#2351 Posted: 23:52:08 05/03/2019
Quite far away from the ship, Huntress remained at the black market, looking at the goods but remaining near her seat for any signs of Dex or the wolf man. She knew she was most likely in a dangerous situation now, but there was no turning back. Even though she wasn't afraid of that oversized dog or the dastard Blue, her life was already threatened, so there wasn't anything else that could be done except go though this ordeal. At least king Seraos had a letter along the way, including a mood marble that indicated her emotions and a copy of the map that lead to the lake where she encountered the trio of men, so that if anything happened to her, her majesty would know.

Quote: A Guy
Ilasi was highly distracted by the spectacle before them, not even noticing Maverick attempting to calm Dahlia down for a few moments. "What is that?" she asked in bewilderment, not expecting an answer. Her attention soon returned to the present, however, and she joined Maverick in comforting Dahlia, by petting her soft, pleasant fur.

Maverick smiled at Ilasi, really glad for all her support. He once had only Shade and Angora as friends, but now he had the very loyal Ilasi, willing to help even in matters of the understandably troublesome Shade. He wanted to look at this creature that looked too similar to Shade, but he knew he had to keep Dahlia calm.
"Well now, this was rather unexpected. This is more adventure than I'm use to." he said jokingly, trying to relieve the tension that was felt everywhere. He briefly looked around to see if he could spot Angora again, but she seemed to have disappeared among the crowd of sailors. She appeared however when this female dragolet called to her. Maverick almost stopped focusing on Dahlia when he heard what the creature said. He was in an almost complete state of shock...

Quote: Spyroconvexity
She turned to Angora. “Step forward child. You have indeed shown great compassion to my son and I thank you for all you have done. Your compassion and trusting in my son are the key to him fully controlling his power. In time his power will become more stable with your compassion and love.” Then Zera image became fully clear. She was wearing golden armor that covered her entire body. This armor gave off an shining aura. She then turned to Sere and Latnok. “That compassion must come from you as well. He is fighting his instinct every step of the way and the captain in charge of him has only made things worse. Yes he has killed many but only because he is untrained in the way of the Dragolet. You see he was separated from us when our planet was destroyed by its own star going supernova. We have been searching for him for many thousands of years. Until we detected a faint siginture of a Dragolets primal power only unlocked by severe trauma from great pain and suffering.”

Angora stepped forward, but remained near the sailors. She didn't want to be entirely seen. What this dragolet said was becoming too much to handle. Not only were there more like Shade, this one turned out to be his mother. She wanted to say something, but her throat was a knot. What could she say anyway? How much she has suffered for supporting Shade? How much she was hated for caring about him? Or how betrayed she felt for Shade being unable to control himself and have the Guardians always take their anger on her? She didn't look at Zera, but it was clear with the troll's face that she was feeling anything but happiness. What next? Angora had been trying so hard to surpress her emotions, but now, it was all a blender...
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8585
#2352 Posted: 23:56:50 05/03/2019
As Latnok stepped forward-- Raclaw began to step forward out of curiosity, but stopped short of the new creature and allowed Latnok to approach alone. And as the now identified Dragolet began to 'speak', he watched and waited. Chester retained his place on top him; the little Beagle wouldn't turn down a good view.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8609
#2353 Posted: 00:04:45 06/03/2019 | Topic Creator
She turned to Angora once more. “Please promise me you will keep by his side. No matter what happens.”
---
SC
A Guy Emerald Sparx Gems: 3639
#2354 Posted: 00:24:09 06/03/2019
All of the crew watched and listened in seeming captivation as the creature spoke. None who weren't addressed directly at the moment would be saying anything - instead leaving the floor open for whoever was involved.
Sere simply nodded as he considered everything the dragolet had to say. He didn't have an immediate response, feeling something more calculated was fitting for the occasion. Latnok had no compunctions about stating his feelings on the matter, however.
"You're asking me for compassion? Well, as certain others here can tell you... you are asking the wrong person," Latnok said solemnly, as he stood firm. There were many others who would never understand exactly what he was; the best he could do was explain it now.
"Compassion... I know of compassion, but I don't know compassion. Didn't receive any as a child. Didn't need it. All I needed was strength. Strength got me to where I am now. Compassion - I forfeited all right to such a thing when I took the step to become what I am today. A weapon for my fellow man.
"And that is what I am, make no mistake. That was what I had to give; and so I gave it. In order for me to be as effective as possible, I can't allow feelings to cloud my judgment. I don't have the liberty of doing what people say is the right thing; I have to do what is necessary. Wasteful decisions based on morality? That's a luxury others have. Not me.
"And so, now what? Putting others at risk on a wing and a prayer of it working out, despite my knowledge of everything that has happened, would be a disservice to them. Some would call me a monster; perhaps they'd be right. But doing such a thing would go against everything I am and everything I stand for.
"Do you think I want to just kill Shade? I would prefer not to; I don't go out of my way to hunt things that aren't a threat in some way, shape, or form, save killing animals for food. But Shade is a threat, as shown by the hundreds he's killed - and even now, he is still unstable, despite his claims to the contrary. Try to see this from my perspective; what would keep people safe? If you were dealing with a monster that killed hundreds and couldn't be controlled, would you want to keep trying? Would you be okay with watching more people die as punishment for your failures when you could've just taken one life and stopped such a thing from ever happening again?
"Compassion is for some - I, however, have no..." Latnok gave a quick look back at Raclaw and Chester. No... use? Maybe that... that wasn't quite right. They were friends. It wasn't quite the same.
"...no use for it. and I can't afford it, even if I wish the world was a place that would allow me to. At the end of a day, I am a tool for my fellow man; and every person who dies because of poor judgment on my part in pursuit of a lofty goal of morality is a brand of failure on me and what I am. There is nothing personal - but that is the truth of the matter."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2355 Posted: 00:37:05 06/03/2019
Now Angora was feeling insulted. With that last comment, the knot was finally loose. She gave a very brief glare at Latnok, one that lasted much less than a second. Even with Raclaw's help, he still have some twisted view of the world and what he believed to be right or wrong. His morals were truly conflicted, but she decided to just ignore him and proceeded to answer Zera.
"No matter what happens? No matter WHAT happens!? What about YOU? You're his mother, aren't you? Isn't that YOUR responsibility? Do you have any idea the hell I've been through for helping and supporting him? The deaths he caused because HE couldn't control himself? Cause he ignores my advices? Almost everyone hates me for always taking his side..." she glanced at Sere and Latnok momentarily before continuing.
"He can't control himself, not even for MY sake! Not even for how many times I defend him! And then he said he could finally gain control after the blood moon, but news flash! Another outrage! He LIED to me! He said after the blood moon, he could finally control himself, but it wasn't the truth! I try to help him, but all I get in return is suffering! As if being a troll wasn't hard enough!" Angora vented harshly, rubbing her eyes constantly to avoid giving her tears a chance to flow. She didn't care who was listening. She wanted everyone, especially this holographic dragon who didn't even have the decency to show herself in person, to know how sick and tired she was of always helping Shade and have all her efforts spat in her face. She was already hated for being a troll, and defending somebody who caused so many deaths already was just adding fuel to the fire.

Still holding Dahlia, Maverick watched and listened how Angora gave her speech. Even from that distance, he could feel the anguish in her voice. She had suffered so much in the past, and now she was suffering in the present as well. Even though he didn't have any tears, his own eyes were watery. It pained him to see his beloved friend this way. He wanted so badly to give her the hug she so desperately needed, but he didn't want to leave the panicked dirt buffalo to be handled by Ilasi alone. She wasn't going to be able to control her all by herself. Dahlia was very strong...
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:46:28 06/03/2019 by Felines
#2356 Posted: 00:38:07 06/03/2019 | Topic Creator
“So you claim to have no use for compassion yet you have a dragon who willingly gave himself to you and share special memories and adventures together. Tell me is that not compassion in physical form?” She said. “All shade asks is just a little like you show your friend. Just enough so he knows you won’t just out right kill him. Your leader has shown it yet you choose to hid your compassion for your friend.” Zera said. “You see my kind thrive on compassion of others. It brings out their true power. Yes I know the world isn’t perfect but we try to do what we have.”

She then looked at Angora. “It wouldn’t be right for me to come to him and take him from everything he loves and cares about. He alone chooses his own path. He is trying so hard to fight his instincts and drive to fight. That drive is a downfall of my kind unfortunately. He had no knowledge of this primal power until the leader of that camp caused his outburst. Fortunately I suppressed it forever. I can assure you by the throne of the past kings and queens he will not have another outburst.” She gave a bowe to Angora.
---
SC
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:47:39 06/03/2019 by Spyroconvexity
#2357 Posted: 01:04:22 06/03/2019
Angora was so conflicted right now. There goes another promise, one from another stranger.
"That is a line I've heard before..." Angora said quietly, so done with being told everything would be alright. In other times, she would've taken this dragolet's appearance and assurance as a hope spot, but with everything that has happened, she wasn't sure what to think anymore. She wasn't very sure how well she could handle Shade, or if it was the truth that he wouldn't have any other outburst or if it was just another stinking lie. There was still the matter of the stranger in the orb and his suppose promise, an offer she was still willing to take despite Zera's assurance.
"So what now...? What should I do? Just... keep supporting him? Endure all the hatred of the world? What the heck. I have nothing else to lose. Some here already hate me too much to turn back. I barely have anybody..." she said gloomily, looking around in hopes of finding a familiar face... and she found it. At last, she had noticed Maverick, and gave a brief, yet genuine smile, and the same went to Ilasi, who was currently helping him. Seemed like he managed to do very well without her, and that made the troll very happy for him.

Afterwards, Angora looked at Sere, knowing the next move was up to him and the sailors. Would they accept Shade on this journey? What will happen from now on? Zera already said so herself that Shade's primal powers acted up because of the captain, and if she could create holograms like this, Angora was certain she witnessed the event, but knowing Sere and Latnok, she knew they would remain stubborn and keep blaming Shade for everything. However, everything was very different now with this dragolet's sudden appearance. What now? What were on the Guardian's mind right now? Angora was almost certain she knew given how predictable they tend to be, but perhaps there was a surprise in store? It was very difficult to tell what was going to happen now...
---
#2358 Posted: 01:13:33 06/03/2019 | Topic Creator
“Not support him....just give him the will to keep trying.” Zera said. “That is all I ask.”
---
SC
#2359 Posted: 01:21:40 06/03/2019
Angora scoffed, believing Shade had many chances of that, but always missed them due to his strong and defiant personality and carelessness. Still, her influence was probably what was keeping him from going insane and beyond redemption, so she nodded.
"Ok. Ok..." she replied rather indifferently, being no mystery how tired and frustrated she was of the whole situation.
---
#2360 Posted: 01:34:37 06/03/2019 | Topic Creator
Zera smiled. “That’s all I can ask of you.” She then turned to Latnok and Sere for their answer.
---
SC
#2361 Posted: 01:35:01 06/03/2019
Raclaw listened as his best friend and 'owner' spoke-- knowing and sensing that the beloved Latnok had come to feel *some* level of compassion. Even if the compassion was only reserved for his own two companions; the compassion was there nonetheless or at least something resembling it. And as the so-called Zera all but confirmed Latnok's claim and bond over him, he gave a slight smile somewhat pleased that he wouldn't have to break the news to any stranglers himself. It was true and he wasn't ashamed of it -- he was Latnok's dragon and Latnok was his human. He and chester otherwise remained quiet and let the situation play out. This dragon or dragolet rather wanted Latnok and he would respect the creature's wishes.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:36:29 06/03/2019 by redwes
#2362 Posted: 01:41:10 06/03/2019
Sere, though he was going to respond, had nothing much more to say after Latnok had had his turn. Instead, he stood, analyzing everything he had heard.
After several moments of pause, Sere finally had something to say. "As this is a risk all of my men are taking, they will decide on the matter," he said. Turning towards his crew, he called out.
"We will come to a consensus. Before then, however, all who do not feel strongly one way or another and choose to abstain from such a vote, you are dismissed for now. Return tomorrow at the usual time to check in with the ship." On this command, a little more than a third of the crew got up and made their way off the ship. It would seem that apathy was in no short supply, despite everything that had been said. Leoquin was among them.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2363 Posted: 01:47:45 06/03/2019 | Topic Creator
“I await the answer.” With that she closed her eyes and in a flash of amber light she was gone.

“Well that was a sight to see. Who would of known Shade was a prince. Heck who would of known he wasn’t truly alone.” Icestorm said.
---
SC
#2364 Posted: 02:02:10 06/03/2019
As much of the crew left noticeably including Leoquin-- Raclaw, Chester, and the nearby Risar all remained put. The two four-legged companions each held their own opinion, while Risar's thoughts were just a tad conflicted. He wouldn't hesitate to do what needed to be done if Shade shown himself to act up again, but he was also aware that they had possible means of controlling him. The large Minotaur had once seen Raclaw put the Dragolet into a coma and the claimed fur dragon had shown that dragons *could* control their powers under the right circumstances. He was the second in command, however, and 'one way or the other'-- he would make an decision.
---
#2365 Posted: 02:25:04 06/03/2019
As nearly everyone left, Angora remained on the exact same spot, her ears droopy and breathing shallowly. It was all too much to process. All of the sudden, Shade's own mother, or at least a dragolet that claimed to be her appeared, asking a practically impossible task from her. What did she know about dragolet and tradition? She was just one little troll. Why do such heavy burdens always came her way? Darkmatter, Shade, her own species, so many things that were weighting her down. Why was everything happening to her? Why was she always stuck with the hardest tasks? Why such an insignificantly sized troll was destined to suffer this much?

With the dragolet's departure, Dahlia finally managed to calm down. She looked serenely at Angora, then at Maverick, who returned the gaze and then turned around to give the same gaze to Ilasi. With the dirt buffalo finally mellowing down, Maverick got up, and finally did what he had wanted to do for a while... give Angora the hug she so urgently needed. He wanted to say something, like everything would be alright, or that he would never abandon her... but he didn't think anything was appropriate at the moment. Angora didn't returned the hug, but welcomed his nonetheless. Even in all her anguish, she was glad that there was at least one person who supported her all the way. Who has always been there for her and has always defended her even if it meant pain for himself as well. Maverick had Ilasi now, but she knew she could still count on him, on his friendship. Even if he wasn't going to pay attention to her as much as before, his friendship, his support, and even his patience was all she needed. Maverick didn't care f they looked ridiculous, or if people started making fun of them. He didn't even care if the Guardians were preparing to make a rude, insensitive comments at them for the display. Angora needed the affection. She needed that hug, and nothing was going to stop him from giving it to her.

From the same spot, Dahlia looked at the two of them, wanting to join in but knowing this was a very sensitive moment between the two friends. She looked at Ilasi, and bowed her head, leaving it on the floor in depression. She could sense the sadness in them, especially Angora, and it made her gloomy herself.
---
#2366 Posted: 17:28:21 06/03/2019
With those abstaining from the vote no longer a factor, Sere was free to move on. "Of those who remain, who are in favor of accepting Shade?"
Ilasi raised her hand immediately. After a brief hesitation, other hands would follow - including Latnok, who seemed to raise his almost begrudgingly. Sere took a mental note, as he took a tally of everyone and their decision.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2367 Posted: 17:41:40 06/03/2019
As the vote was called for-- Raclaw raised a paw, while Chester offered a confirmative bark. The two were slightly surprised to see that Latnok was seemingly in agreement concerning Shade, although Raclaw was well aware that Latnok would also be the first to execute Shade should the need call for it. For Shade's sake, he just hoped that they would first go through the alternative options; he recalled the time when he had put Shade (and himself) into a coma. It had been effective, even if it did involve putting himself at risk.

Nearby-- Risar watched the others and begrudgingly raised his hand as well. While a completely 'under control' Shade might've been more ideal under certain circumstances, the large Minotaur was confident that they had the means to stop Shade if necessary.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:48:36 06/03/2019 by redwes
#2368 Posted: 17:45:13 06/03/2019
As would be expected, Maverick and Angora both raised their hands, the former stopping the hug at that moment. The little troll looked at him adoringly for a moment, very grateful for all his help and support. She didn't know what she would've done without him. Despite still feeling some despair, she nevertheless felt much better than before. Maverick looked around to see who else raised his hand, and was rather surprised to see Latnok raise his as well. It was quite unexpected. He then looked at Ilasi, who was already raising her hand. It almost looked as if she raised it even before Sere was done with the sentence. He have her a warm smile in gratitude, very happy that Angora wasn't his only ally in this ugly ordeal. He wanted to make it up to her somehow. But while he gazed at the mermaid, Angora's attention was focused on Latnok. Maverick was surprised, but she was completely shocked. He voiced his dislike for Shade very heavily, so why did he took that vote? Did this female dragolet coming out of practically nowhere has truly influenced him? He was the last person she expected to vote for Shade to be on board.

Throughout the whole hand raising, Dahlia looked around, confused as to why all of these humans and humanoids had their front paws high up the air. Was it some form of ship tradition that she had missed? Did they do it while she was below deck and this was the first time she got a chance to see it? She didn't understand what was going on, but looking at all the hands made her wish she could be petted already. All the hands just reminded her how great they felt when they were rubbing against her.
---
#2369 Posted: 17:55:23 06/03/2019
After several moments, it became apparent that, of those who remained, those supporting Shade being on board were a majority. It wasn't clear whether most of the men were moved by the dragolet's request, or were simply looking forward to the money; but there was a majority nevertheless.
"Very well," Sere announced. "Shade will remain on board with us, and all of the conditions to such a thing, including increased pay, will be in effect. For those who do not wish to accept this, I will give you the opportunity to end the contract and collect what you are owed. Besides that, we are done for today. Report here tomorrow for further details."
Though there were those who remained who didn't support the notion, none of them felt strongly enough about it to end their contract over it. Soon the crew began to disperse.
Ilasi let out a sigh of relief, as she resumed her previous petting of Dahlia. "Well... I'm glad that's settled," she said. "That went a lot better than I expected it to."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2370 Posted: 18:28:48 06/03/2019
The dirt buffalo was finally pleased and calm, glad that at least one of these humans decided to pet her and not the air above them. Angora and Maverick watched as the crew dispersed, and the hybrid couldn't be happier. Not only would he have his two old friends again, he also had Ilasi. Angora and Shade would accompany them on this new journey after all, and that meant the quest will be much more worthwhile, and of course that Ilasi would have more chances to bond with the two of them. In the midst of his happiness, he lifted Angora and smiled.
"Hey Angorita. Feels like such a long time when we last saw each other. Isn't it great? This is amazing! We get to be together again, just like the last journey. Only this time hopefully, no more of Oscurito's silly tantrums. Come on! We must celebrate. What do you want to do, hmm? We can do whatever you want." Maverick said ecstatically, making Angora jealous that she couldn't feel some of the same happiness. She looked at Ilasi and lowered her ears, not certain what she voted, but correctly assumed she wanted Shade on board. However, she was certain she did it for Maverick's sake, not hers or anybody else's.
"I'd love to Maverick, but I have a few errands in Redwater. Kept myself busy you know, to have something to do. Plus there's this restaurant I want to try." Angora said, trying to create an excuse to leave.
"But Angorita, I can cook for you. Come on." Maverick insisted, but Angora simply left his arms.
"Thanks Maverick, but we'll have plenty of time for that and other things. We'll be on the ship together again, remember? I want to enjoy dry land as much as I can. You go ahead and spend some time with Ilasi and Dahlia. I'll catch up." Angora assured, turning around to leave, but not before giving a small smile to Ilasi and nodding. Angora still believed the mermaid didn't like her, especially since she believed their last conversation was a disaster, and knew the mermaid, deep inside, hated when she drew Maverick's attention away from her, so the little troll was going to let them be for now.
"Well... ok Angora. See you later then?" Maverick said as she left, with Angora moving one ear in response instead of actually answering him. Maverick knew her very well. He knew something was troubling her. Perhaps everything she had to process? Whatever it was, he was going to give his dear friends some space to meditate things. Like she said, there would be plenty of times to hang out now that they would be journeying together.
---
darknessdawn Yellow Sparx Gems: 1476
#2371 Posted: 18:57:01 06/03/2019
OOC: HI GUYS. It's been a while, glad this story is still going strong!
---
Dark is not Evil, and Light is not Good.
Star the Zoroark at your disservice.
#2372 Posted: 19:13:36 06/03/2019
OOC: Hey. You interested in rejoining?
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2373 Posted: 19:19:20 06/03/2019
OOC: Maaaayyyybe? It all depends on a few things. Such as if I can decide on what characters to use. I've got a pair in mind, but whether it'll work or not depends on the other things. I'll also need a plot summary, obviously.
---
#2374 Posted: 19:28:01 06/03/2019
OOC: Hey darknessdawn-- welcome back! You're free to come back anytime! smilie
---
#2375 Posted: 19:30:21 06/03/2019
OOC: Heheheh, thanks guys. I don't know why, but I seem to become quite popular with RPers. Anyway, I've got a couple characters thought up, but could use a little guidance in finishing them up for this RP.
---
#2376 Posted: 19:45:01 06/03/2019
OOC: Shortest summary I can give is that, after an incident involving Aelinon troops (a nation composed of humans, mermen, and a race of sapient, aggressive humanoid lizards known as galuds), Shade and friends were put on trial. Got off the hook, with a court order not to fly. After a disastrous encounter with Blue, Shade violated such an order to seek help for Angora. Some time later, when Angora is in Redwater (city akin to London or New York City), Shade loses control of his powers again, killing hundreds. Thrown on trial again, and he and Angora are sentenced to death in the arena. Both are spared after fighting in the arena, albeit with Shade still remaining a prisoner. He is returned to the custody of the Ardent Guardians as they, with a mercenary crew, begin their trip to Falcon's Beak. After an event which they believed would stabilize Shade's powers, they return to Redwater, only for such a thing to be proven to not be the case later. With some subsidizing of pay from Aelinon, Sere's crew votes to give Shade one more chance before they execute him and leave it at that.
Meanwhile, the nation of Aelinon has been attacked several times by a force which seems to connect to the elven nation of Silvianesti. After a failed regicide attempt on Seraos, the young king of Aelinon, they have been issued an ultimatum to withdraw all troop presence from the demilitarized zone between them, and to give them the heads of every single member in the chain of command involved in the attempted regicide, or Aelinon would go to war, and would not stop until every last person in Silvianesti is dead and there is no trace their nation ever existed.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2377 Posted: 19:46:25 06/03/2019
OOC: I'll PM you guys the character sheets I've got so far. *proceeds to send separate but identical PMs to you guys*
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:53:07 06/03/2019 by darknessdawn
#2378 Posted: 19:56:46 06/03/2019
OOC: Oh-- Raclaw is claimed by Latnok now, but that's a more minor detail. And awesome! smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:57:08 06/03/2019 by redwes
#2379 Posted: 20:09:10 06/03/2019
OOC: OK, well, here they are! Shorter than the usual, but I can reveal more later. Or now. Either way.

Name: Helen (modified version of her real name, which has two 'l's)
Species: Fiendish Houndoom
Good or evil: Good (barely)
Appearance: A Houndoom with batlike or dragonlike wings unusually sharp fangs, and Houndoomite on a collar she wears. Her wings are enough to allow short flights, though she's clumsy in the air.
Personality: Vicious and bad-tempered, even those she's fond of should be careful around her, as she can go from cheerful to enraged in a heartbeat. The only being she truly loves besides herself is Spike. Despite her fiendish origins, she hates demons and other evil creatures. Oddly enough, when happy, she's quite affectionate.
Weapons: Fangs, fiery breath, other Houndoom stuff.
Elements: Fire and darkness, obviously.
History: Helen was born to a Houndoom mother, and never knew her father. Since the only evidence of her heritage is her fiendish looks, it was guessed her father was a fiend of some sorts. As a child, she ran away from home, upset to the point of snapping by the cold way everyone treated her. After returning, a change for the worse was noted, as her moods were more violently unstable then ever, and some claimed she met a demonic patron who unlocked her true power. She was soon banished for her near-constant temper flare-ups.

Name: Spike
Species: Celestial Togekiss
Good or evil: Absolute pure GOOD
Appearance: A Togekiss with a halo and a glow like some depictions of angels.
Personality: Extremely gentle and forgiving, he's too kind for his own safety. He's deeply in love with Helen, and is the only known being who can soothe her intense, barely-controlled rage. Only cruelty can elicit true anger from him.
Weapons: Magic, almost exclusively.
Elements: Light and air, of course.
History: Like Helen, Spike only knows his mother, not his father. Unlike Helen, his angelic looks resulted in kind treatment towards him. While they only met recently, they were actually born in the same village.
---
#2380 Posted: 20:22:40 06/03/2019
OOC: It'll be great to have you back darknessdawn smilie

Angora left, not actually having planned to go to a restaurant, only using it as an excuse to get away from Maverick, but the excuse soon became a reality when she realized how hungry she was. She wasn't feeling picky, so she chose the first restaurant she found, which happened to be a sushi bar. After seeing how many people were looking at her funny, she realized she forgot her hood, which she proceeded to immediately put on to avoid being recognized. It's been a while since she fought in the arena, but she believed some would still remember her. There was also the risk of racial prejudices, so she didn't take any risks.

Ordering a quick meal, Angora took a while to eat, having so many things in her head. This female dragolet... Shade's mother? She dared to appear after so much time? How couldn't she sense her own son until now? And how could she ask of her to take care of him when she has failed miserably so many times? What kind of mother was that? Then again, Angora's own mother hadn't been the best either, but that wasn't the issue right now. Angora was feeling so used. This dragolet was practically asking of her to babysit of her son, if she was really his mother, Zera was skipping the motherhood responsibility and letting Angora do all the job herself. Couldn't she see she was just a little troll, who has made her son get captured so many times? Who has failed to prevent him from killing so many people and was now looked as a monster?

It was all too stressful to Angora. In an effort to forget about everything for a while, she suddenly remembered about the behemoth... a decision she now wasn't certain of. She believed the beast would still view her as food if she dared to visit him again, but chances were that the guard she spoke to earlier was going to tell him about her and her possible visit, and she didn't want to be seen as someone who broke her promises... even if she didn't actually make one. She doubted very much she would make any difference in the monster's view of her, but perhaps if he could see she was brave enough to visit someone that was once moments from killing her, then just maybe, it would earn her some respect, as well as a better image. Her reputation was so stained because of the Guardians and some unfavorable gossips that Angora became desperate and somewhat obsessed to improve how others saw her... no matter how far she had to go or whom she had to meet to accomplish it.
---
#2381 Posted: 20:25:49 06/03/2019
OOC: UH WAIT DO I JUST START?
---
#2382 Posted: 20:31:01 06/03/2019
OOC: Well, your characters won't look too out of place among all of the other frequent unusual sights in Redwater.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2383 Posted: 20:50:25 06/03/2019
OOC: OK, sorry, just been a while. Heh. I'll just sorta SQUEEZE them in out of nowhere.

Helen and Spike entered the town, Helen looking more down than ahead. It wasn't like she needed to worry about bumping into anyone; People gave her a wide berth, giving her more than enough room to walk without looking. Spike simply sat on her back, occasionally fluttering his wings or adjusting his position. Suddenly he spoke. "Looks like people don't trust you here either, Helen."
The fiendish canid growled. "Of course not. I'm the spitting image of a demon, and nobody likes those. Not even demons like demons."
"Well, maybe if they'd just try to get to know you-" Spike said, trying to comfort the short-tempered Houndoom.
Helen snarled at him, a relatively minor outburst for her. "NOBODY wants to get NEAR me!" Suddenly she started sniffing. "I smell something I'd like to have."
Spike looked down. "What do you smell?"
Helen looked up with what could possibly be a grin, baring her fangs in an attempt to smile. "FOOD!"
Spike sighed. "How do you stay lean when you eat so much?"
"Fast metabolism." Helen shrugged, nearly knocking Spike off.
"Okay, question two: How are we going to buy food here?" Spike queried.
Helen shrugged a second time, successfully dislodging the Togekiss. "We'll find a place that serves EVERYBODY. I hear there are some REALLY nice places to eat." She continued walking.
Spike struggled upright and rushed to catch up, adjusting his now-tilted halo before taking to the air. "I doubt they'll let you in without an argument, especially considering the scene we're making."
Helen glared at him. "Where there's a will, there's a way!"
"Oh, you're FULL of those, aren't you!"
"That's kinda YOUR fault, you're ALWAYS spouting those pearls of 'wisdom'."
---
#2384 Posted: 21:10:09 06/03/2019
Though Ilasi would never admit as much, she was secretly happy that Angora did not want to stick around any longer. Once the rest of the crew had left, She, Maverick, and Dahlia were the only ones left in the immediate area, aside from those around Sere - who himself was heading out, as he would soon be delivering news of their consensus to the appropriate people.
"We... we still need to resolve the matter of you working on board the ship," Ilasi said. "I don't believe that we've ever come to a conclusion on that. And I do believe you got a letter? Probably a reply from Shade. I do wonder if he read anything I wrote to him..." Ilasi was ready to head out with Dahlia to one of the merfolk dwellings; there would still be time in the day for that sort of thing yet, however.

Meanwhile, Latnok took a seat on the deck by his two furry companions. He didn't expect himself to vote the way he did - but there was some part of him, somewhere, that wanted to believe. He wanted to believe that there was some merit to everything that he heard. That Shade could be "fixed." It would be the easier solution to just have the dragon killed - the safe solution. Maybe... it was worth trying, however.

Seraos, meanwhile, was in his castle in Tal Rogas - a place built more for practicality than for comfort and lavishness. As he attended meetings with his generals, he kept on hand the equipment for Huntress that had been delivered to him. He really couldn't help but wonder what Huntress was intending to get up to, suc that she felt it important that he had a read on her vitals - most likely some sort of infiltration. He only hoped she didn't get herself caught in anything she couldn't take care of.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2385 Posted: 21:12:25 06/03/2019 | Topic Creator
The same zera voice came to Latnok and Sere. “Thank you for accepting my son. I will be forever greatful.”

Ooc: welcome back friend! Your characters are accepted!
---
SC
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:21:39 06/03/2019 by Spyroconvexity
#2386 Posted: 23:04:36 06/03/2019
OOC: Remember darknessdawn's characters SC.

After eating, Angora left the restaurant, paying for the meal and giving a decent tip to the waiter. Some of the customers were whispering, though she wasn't certain if they were talking about her or Redwater's current situation. Whatever it was, she wasn't going to stay to find out. She left quickly, waiting for a carriage to take her as near the behemoth's pens as possible. She didn't know what time it was, but she figured it was late afternoon. The behemoth she wanted to meet was said to return later tonight, but this was a step she wanted to get out of as soon as possible, even if it meant waiting for him herself. If the carriage was slow enough, then maybe nightfall would be upon her by the time she arrives to her destination. She waited for a carriage to arrive, being alone as she waited. The nearest people were sitting on a bank several feet away, and taking advantage of this brief solitude, she spoke to her orb, not getting it out of her pocket to avoid unecessary attention.
"Well now, I bet not even you expected this turn of events, did you? That dragolet... expecting me to take care of Shade... she'll probably take him away once I'm done doing HER job! But I believe in Shade. I know he wouldn't want to return to a mother that never claimed him even after finding where he is. I know I wouldn't..." Angora whispered to the orb quietly, making sure nobody was around and give the impression she was talking to herself. She didn't believe the stranger would answer, but he was probably listening anyway, so Angora continued.
"At least Shade will be with me on this journey. I won't have to be worried all the time thinking on how he's doing in awful Aelinonian captivity. I can keep an eye on him all the way. Possibly tomorrow, the ship will be on the move again, and I'll finally be able to get there..." Angora commented, still feeling uneasy about the 'transformation' and knowing nothing about what that meant, but she wasn't going to waste any more time asking him what that meant given he never wanted to elaborate on that, so she concluded her comment and remained there waiting for a carriage.

Though Ilasi would never admit as much, she was secretly happy that Angora did not want to stick around any longer. Once the rest of the crew had left, She, Maverick, and Dahlia were the only ones left in the immediate area, aside from those around Sere - who himself was heading out, as he would soon be delivering news of their consensus to the appropriate people.
"We... we still need to resolve the matter of you working on board the ship," Ilasi said. "I don't believe that we've ever come to a conclusion on that. And I do believe you got a letter? Probably a reply from Shade. I do wonder if he read anything I wrote to him..." Ilasi was ready to head out with Dahlia to one of the merfolk dwellings; there would still be time in the day for that sort of thing yet, however.

"Right, the letter..." Maverick repeated, having forgotten about it despite having it visible in his pocket. He didn't know he needed an established job to return to the ship, although he didn't think that was an issue now. Still feeling happy despite worrying about Angora, Maverick hugged Ilasi, lifting her off the floor before putting her down again.
"The work can wait. I wanted to say gracias for that Ilasi! I'm so happy you decided to help us have Oscurito on board. I know this hasn't been easy on you, but I'm so glad for your support!" Maverick commented ecstatically, pleased beyond words. In that tremendous a,lung of happiness, Maverick almost gave Ilasi a kiss on the lips, but he managed to realize what he was doing and stop in the nick of time before it could happen. To dissimulate, he grabbed Ilasi's hand and kissed it instead, his face so red that he looked like he was sitting on boiling water.
---
#2387 Posted: 00:16:30 07/03/2019
The orb was dormant for now; it would appear that whatever conditions would typically get it to respond to Angora were not currently being met. Was it listening and just not responding, or did it not hear at the moment?

Ilasi herself had her face turn red. Maverick had finally given her a kiss! On the hand - but a kiss nonetheless. She didn't bother to make a futile attempt to hide her blushing, her face turning deep red as she gave a smile of pure elation.
"Uh... Maverick..." she eventually managed to say. "Is it okay if... if I kiss you? Just a little..." Even with such an action, Ilasi still felt incredibly nervous; if there was ever going to be a moment, however, this would be it... Was Maverick going to go for something a little more direct? Did he just stop himself? She hoped to let him know that she would welcome such a gesture.

Elsewhere in the city, two certain pocket monsters, were they attentive, would be able to identify a poster advertising a rather unique inn. Latnok, Raclaw, and Chester would know of it as the Easy Eyrie - a place designed to accommodate unique creatures of all shapes and sizes (within reason, naturally.) The poster highlighted the wide variety of food available, the friendliness of the staff, and the many different kinds of rooms to be had, to accommodate creatures that liked warmer or colder places, or different kinds of environments to simulate forests or grottos.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2388 Posted: 01:03:42 07/03/2019
Angora didn't mind the silence, not really expecting for the stranger to answer her anyway. She was certain he had something to say on the matter, but given how mysterious he was, there was no shock there. The sky was turning orange when a carriage arrived, lead by a younger woman than the last one.
"Where to?" she asked.
"Near the arena. Or the behemoth pens if you can." Angora explained, with the woman finding it strange why anyone would want to go to either places. The behemoth homes were close to the public, and there was no activity in the arena at the moment, but it wasn't in her place to ask questions to the customers, so being true to her word, she lead Angora to the pens. She was the only one in the carriage, so it was no trouble. The people on the bank were apparently sightseeing since they didn't get in.

As the woman lead Angora near the place, the troll gave her a generous tip and let her be on her way. She couldn't understand why it was mostly women the ones leading these carriages, but she assumed it was either because it was one of the most accessible job for them or perhaps a way to attract men to use them instead of their own transports. But enough pondering about that. Angora walked to what seemed like a dry forest, but it was far from deserted. From there, the arena could be seen clearly. There were some people around, by their outfits, no doubt guards. Both galuds and humans. She went to the nearest one, a human, removing her hood as she approached him.
"Excuse me, pardon me sir. Sorry to trouble you. I know the behemoth pens are not open to the public, but I... I want to see one in particular. Gregory? Greg? Gregor? That's what one of the guards called him. Can I see him please?" Angora asked very politely, expecting anything to happen. Whether she was allowed access or not didn't matter anymore, but she really wished she could do it...

Ilasi herself had her face turn red. Maverick had finally given her a kiss! On the hand - but a kiss nonetheless. She didn't bother to make a futile attempt to hide her blushing, her face turning deep red as she gave a smile of pure elation.
"Uh... Maverick..." she eventually managed to say. "Is it okay if... if I kiss you? Just a little..." Even with such an action, Ilasi still felt incredibly nervous; if there was ever going to be a moment, however, this would be it... Was Maverick going to go for something a little more direct? Did he just stop himself? She hoped to let him know that she would welcome such a gesture.

Maverick felt like he could cook an egg on his checks. Ilasi was taking his goof off remarkably well. Could it be that, this is what she was after, after all?
"I... Well... I... suppose. I... I'm sorry Ilasi. Lo siento. I... I didn't want to come off as too strong or disrespectful. I thought... you know... I was being... rude?" Maverick stammered, feeling incredibly ridiculous. He had believed Ilasi wouldn't have taken so well if he had gotten caught in the moment and gone for the original kiss. He felt so silly right now. He had believed Ilasi would be mad, but she was... welcoming it? Was that what she had been waiting for? He never expected her to have such strong feeling for him. He never experienced that kind of care before, not in the romantic sense at least, so Maverick was trembling like a leaf, trying very hard to stop but being unable to do so...
---
#2389 Posted: 01:46:56 07/03/2019
The human soldier didn't seem to have any particularly strong reaction to Angora's presence, simply looking at her. "According to messages, Gregor is scheduled to be here within the next two hours," he said. "From there, he'll be resting here, and will be on cleanup duty at the arena tonight. If you're trying to meet him for gods know what reason, you'll have a window of several hours to check back here." The sentry waited for any further requests from Angora, not dismissing her immediately.

Despite her own embarrassment, Ilasi had to give a bit of a giggle at Maverick's suggestion. "Rude? Oh, no, never! I... I was honestly... hoping for such a thing. For a while. But... I did't know whether you wanted to, or simply saw me as someone to hang out with. But, uh... if we're going to make this, uh... this 'arrangement' official... uh, not that I'm saying that. That's not necessary at all! Uh... if... well... just wanted to give it a try, you know..." Ilasi's nervousness eventually got the better of her, as she floundered after what she felt was an overstep.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2390 Posted: 02:12:35 07/03/2019
Maverick was equally blushing, understanding now what Ilasi had wanted from him all this time. Now he felt like an awful man.
"I... I didn't know. I just... didn't think you saw me that way... you know? I'm... well, you know how some call me. Just a troll loving freak. I'm just... someone with mixed ancestry. I... you know, didn't want to embarrass you or anything. I... I wanted to remain a gentleman, but I always did something wrong. I just don't know, you know, how to treat women. I didn't want to be offensive or too forward." Maverick explained nervously, trying awkwardly to explain why he had been acting a certain way. It really was surprising how open Ilasi was to a relationship with him of all people. He really had thought she was looking for something or someone else, maybe someone like herself... someone like Leoquin perhaps, though that was a thought he kept to himself.

In that while, Dahlia had retreated considerably far from the pair, knowing too well this was a very sensitive moment for them. She was initially upset at Maverick for making Ilasi stop the petting, but this was more important, so she didn't mind anymore. She was respectful to them, and gave them more than enough space for them to be by themselves.

The human soldier didn't seem to have any particularly strong reaction to Angora's presence, simply looking at her. "According to messages, Gregor is scheduled to be here within the next two hours," he said. "From there, he'll be resting here, and will be on cleanup duty at the arena tonight. If you're trying to meet him for gods know what reason, you'll have a window of several hours to check back here." The sentry waited for any further requests from Angora, not dismissing her immediately.

Angora didn't like the idea of waiting two full hours for the behemoth. She couldn't even begin to imagine how scary those beasts were during the night. It was bad enough at the light of day, but she has come this far, and she refused to turn back. Improving her image, but at the same time lose her fear of the giant was top priority for her at the moment.
"Two hours... can I see him then? Can I wait around here? I don't think another carriage will show up for a while, so I have nowhere else to go. I'll just be sightseeing. I promise not to get in anyone's way." Angora assured, realizing this must've felt like a very bizzare request for the guard, but she had good reasons to go along with this. As skeptical as she was, she found the courage to keep it up.
---
#2391 Posted: 02:43:32 07/03/2019
Spike, being more observant than Helen, noticed the poster. "Hey, Helen. This looks interesting!"
The Houndoom looked up and sighed with relief. Good. I won't have to worry about a place to sleep either. "Well, what are we waiting for? Let's GO."
The diverse duo rushed towards the inn... Helen stopped rather suddenly outside, and shivered. I know they'll accept most, but I look even more demonic than most Houndoom. Will they accept me? The mere thought elicited a darker mood, and her stance changed to something more feral, more predatory than before. Low to the ground, she moved as if stalking prey, red eyes glowing slightly. Spike noticed it, and immediately became worried; For good reason. The last time she was like this, people got hurt. Her temper was already close to boiling over, and he carefully studied her, hoping nobody would remark on her appearance. A single comment, and she could snap.
Suddenly he moved ahead of her. He was a better negotiator/diplomat anyway, so he usually was the one to speak with other people. He gently told her "Let me do the talking. You stay back, and try to keep that short temper under control."
She snapped at him (accidentally proving his point) "I do NOT have a short temper!" Nevertheless, she obeyed. The Togekiss was supernaturally compelled, which was why he was so helpful with her.
---
#2392 Posted: 03:09:59 07/03/2019
Meanwhile-- Raclaw and Chester would enjoy some lite petting before the trio of companions decided to regroup at the inn; the Easy Eyrie would always be an welcome sight. However, it wasn't the *only* sight and some of the crowd could be seen gawking at seemed to be some kind of hell hound. Hell hounds weren't entirely uncommon, although rare enough that some of the more foreign visitors would state nonetheless. Raclaw, himself, would know it well having experienced much the same as a Fur Dragon companion. The creature wasn't alone and something else appeared to be flying (gliding?) in front of it. This creature was a little less obvious in origin and caused a larger number of people to GO gawk at it. Raclaw, by comparison, was getting less attention then he normally did as the trio began to walk past the unusual pair.

Both Raclaw and Chester (who had been on his back) couldn't help but to briefly stare themselves. The Fur Dragon/Beagle duo and their human Guardian were now basically regulars-- and many of the passerbyers had gotten used to their presence. The two pocket monsters, on the other hand, were new in town and got the full attention of curious minds.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 03:22:04 07/03/2019 by redwes
#2393 Posted: 03:18:14 07/03/2019
OOC: By the way, I have a drawing of Helen now. It's right here: http://www.furaffinity.net/view/30728105/

Spike approached the front desk and, somehow ignoring the crowd, perched ON the front desk, adjusting his halo until it was straight. "Uh, hello. I'd like accommodations for me and my friend, Helen. She's the Houndoom back there." He gestured.
Helen, however, wasn't being any more cooperative than she usually was. She glowered at everyone, particularly the new arrivals. Finally, she stepped into their path, blocking them. Spike noticed, and swallowed, visibly nervous. Helen, don't pick a fight. Please.
She proceeded to hold herself in a combat-ready position, eager to take out her seemingly endless rage and frustration on the newcomers. "Hello, there."
Spike called "Helen... Control yourself. This isn't an arena, even if the crowd's big enough." His voice caused her to pause... Briefly. She circled them, her glowing red eyes flashing briefly in an unnerving way.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:25:27 07/03/2019 by darknessdawn
#2394 Posted: 03:30:41 07/03/2019
Latnok raised an eyebrow. The sight of a hellhound and whatever fairy thing was accompanying it wasn't exactly unusual, even if he never did see those particular variants before. A talking hellhound, however, was most unusual, and indicated some level of intelligence.
"Hello yourself," Latnok replied. "I would take it a bit easy, people tend to get a bit riled up when they see aggressive hellhounds - and handling the sort of thing is among my jobs. Do you have an owner, or are you autonomous?"
Meanwhile, at the front desk, the receptionist grabbed a notebook and a quill as she prepared to write. "Sure thing," she said. "What sort of accommodations are you looking for? Anything in particular? Warm environment, trees, things along those lines."

The soldier gave Angora a verbal shrug. "You're free to do whatever you want around here," he said. "I wouldn't cause trouble, but I don't think anyone particularly cares if you just exist around here."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2395 Posted: 03:40:12 07/03/2019
Spike quickly turned back to the receptionist. "Uh, relatively warm. She likes warmth. And, um, a roost for me. Don't worry about any special lighting, Helen can see in total darkness, and I've got THIS." He prodded his halo, which wobbled in midair. He then turned back to Helen. Come on sweetheart, don't push it.
Meanwhile, Helen tilted her head, confused by Latnok's question. "Uh, owner? And what's a 'hellhound', anyway? I'm a Houndoom… With a trace of fiendish something-or other." A light went off in her head, and she suddenly cowered. "W-wait... You're a human!" She tried to play at being friendly, though her vampire-like fangs and lack of anything resembling patience made it a poor act at best. Uh, what do humans like to do with dogs? Oh, Arceus... I've gotten myself into a bigger mess than ever. She slowly moved away from the human, moving backwards. "Uh... Woof?"
---
#2396 Posted: 03:42:29 07/03/2019
As the hell hound-like creature blocked their path-- Raclaw could immediately feel the intense anger radiating off them. "Relax... we're all friends here.," Raclaw said in a gentle tone raising a paw as if to tell the obviously intelligent hell hound to stop. Chester remained quiet, never having dealt with a hellhound before. "It's obvious that you're intelligent. We don't expect you to play dumb on our behalf.," he then said as Chester kind of turned his head funny at the creature's attempts at acting 'normal.'
---
#2397 Posted: 03:45:55 07/03/2019
The soldier gave Angora a verbal shrug. "You're free to do whatever you want around here," he said. "I wouldn't cause trouble, but I don't think anyone particularly cares if you just exist around here."

Angora raised an eyebrow at his response, not the least bit surprised by the treatment.
"I know. I'm just going to look around. I won't cause any trouble." she assured rather indifferently, not fond of the treatment but but still remaining cordial, even if he didn't exactly deserve it. Despite her 'victory' in the arena, there was still some prejudices against her, particularly her kind. No shock there though, and Angora didn't care. She would remain there and way for the behemoth's return, still stubborn enough to want to complete this goal she set upon herself. As she thought about their last meeting, she remembered the meat she had brought to the beast as a peace treaty, and realized she didn't bring any gifts this time. Would he be upset about it? It was too late to get him something, and Angora thought it was better this way. She already gave him something in their last meeting, and she didn't want the behemoth to believe another gift was an attempt on bribery. She would meet him, have a brief conversation with him, and hopefully, she would be able to improve her image somehow, maybe even gain a bit of respect for this bold, and quite insane move.
---
#2398 Posted: 03:57:08 07/03/2019
Helen forced herself past the feeling of her own heart pounding like never before. She resumed her typical glower, though she avoided Latnok's eyes. Something about him frightened her, and she'd never been truly afraid before. Her voice was harsh as she spoke now. "So, what are you?" she asked, directing the question at Raclaw and Chester.
Spike did a double take. Did Helen, a Houndoom who never cared about the identities of those she lashed out at. Why start now?
Helen then proceeded to show her usual personality again. "I'd like to know just who you are, to manage intimidating ME, the half-demon of fire." She chose this title in an effort to show she didn't fear Latnok, human or not. "I've fought dragons and demons before without fear, so I'd like to know just what about YOU knocked me off balance." Her tone and mannerisms seemed almost calculated to challenge them.
---
#2399 Posted: 04:00:43 07/03/2019
Latnok found the creature's attempts at playing a typical dog to be comically droll. "Oh... no need to hide from me," he said. "I won't hurt you. As long as you don't hurt anyone else, that is. Rather curious that you've never heard of a hellhound. You know? Big, scary, carnivorous canids? Dark orange, red, or black fur? Have a thing for being aggressive? You know... like you, except apparently not... Anyway, don't worry too much about it. That's the sort of creature most people around here will think of when they see you - so just keep it cool and they'll probably assume that you're no trouble and someone is taking care of you." Something gave Latnok the impulse of reaching out to pet the "Houndoom", though it was something his better judgment prevented him from doing.

"Oh... you were always so considerate..." Ilasi said, as she looked down. "Sometimes I thought that maybe you just wanted someone to filll the space because Angora wasn't there, and that was all I was... I always had the hope, but didn't have anyway of knowing for certain."
Her face lightened up after a brief moment, however. "Sometimes you need to just relax a bit," she said. "Think of yourself for a while... only sometimes, however! There is, uh... still so much to do... so, uh, anything in mind?"
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2400 Posted: 04:09:44 07/03/2019
Helen tilted her head. "Back home, we call those Houndour or Houndoom… Depending on the level of maturity they're at. And don't tell ME what to do!" Keep it cool? Who does this guy think he is, giving ME orders?!
Then she heard Spike. "Helen, get you tail over here and SIT!" The Togekiss' voice carried an authority she couldn't resist. As she sat next to him, she immediately facepawed. Oh, Arceus. I must look like an idiot. Spike looked mildly amused. "Weren't you JUST being a defiant lady? Now you're such an obedient little pup." His tone was affectionate, but didn't keep Helen from going redder and redder from embarrassment.
"Oh, for Arceus' sake... Can we WAIT on the teasing? We're in public... H-h-how embarrassing can this get?" The Houndoom couldn't bring herself to be angry at Spike, she never could. Probably the only reason he was still alive, honestly. He brought out her embarrassingly sweet, gentle, and affectionate.
---
First | Previous | Page 48 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me