darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon > Do you dislike or hate The legend of Spyro Trilogy?
Page 1 of 1
Do you dislike or hate The legend of Spyro Trilogy?
Arnold Jackson Blue Sparx Gems: 542
#1 Posted: 08:42:58 05/10/2018 | Topic Creator
Hey guys, What's your opinions The Legend of Spyro? Do you like, Do you dislike or Do you hate The legend of Spyro? Also, what about other options for other parts like Cutscenes, Story, Plot and Music?
#2 Posted: 12:27:54 05/10/2018 | Topic Creator
Quote: Drawdler
meh

the art is the first two is still sturisingly good, ten especially with its atmosphere, but really none of them play very well
Dotd art is so bad its good lmoa
Story in all is meh the first two had some cool moments though and ten's had good buildup tension but dotds just sucked

I will give dotd credit for having more move variety and unlockables though. Anb was way too midless, and i appreciate ten trying to change that, but it was more frustrating than challenging for me. It sits in a weird spot where its too simple and imprecise to make me wanna invest more but because its trying to be hard you kinda have to. Dotd had a lot of lame moments still, burned lands sucked completely, and its definitely not great, but id consider it more balanced and replayable purely in gameplay.

Anb ds is decent
Dotd ds is boring
The gba version of anb sucked, ten ds sucked
First two mobile games were kinda bad but not awful but dunno about dotd because i couldnt play it

TEN GBA HOWEVER IS A SERIOUS HIDDEN GEM
Legit one of the best spyro games ever and deserves way way more love; even in the spyro community its fairly overlooked, let alone outside of here

So, Are you telling me The legend of Spyro story and Cutscene are Worst?
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7660
#3 Posted: 15:36:59 05/10/2018
i'm not interested in these games at all tbh
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#4 Posted: 18:51:23 05/10/2018
Only the Krome games and not that much over being high quality or anything. It's just great art direction and writing that could've been interesting without the budget constraints and higher ups meddling
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#5 Posted: 06:22:51 06/10/2018 | Topic Creator
Quote: Jaggedstar
i'm not interested in these games at all tbh

So, you do not have interest legend story?

Quote: FedUpWolf
I like the story, and I have a soft spot for the art in the first two Legend of Spyro games by Krome Studios. I like both classic Spyro and the Legend of Spyro. It's Skylanders that I'm not interested in.

Hmmmph...... I like your opinion comment

Quote: Bifrost
Only the Krome games and not that much over being high quality or anything. It's just great art direction and writing that could've been interesting without the budget constraints and higher ups meddling

Are you telling me, You dislike The legend of Spyro looks realistic?
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#6 Posted: 17:47:56 07/10/2018
I love it; the characters, the story, the setting and especially the music. It's a big part of my gaming childhood.
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#7 Posted: 19:27:17 07/10/2018
I like the art design, story, combat, characters and the soundtrack of the first two games. smilie
DOTD in the other hand ... I like some of the gameplay ideas like the coop gameplay, puzzles, more free roaming and the level selection map.
The first half of the levels were good (my favourites are the twilight falls and valley of avalar).
The story tho ... too many plot holes ... and the art look off comparing to the first two games.

TEN PS2/Wii is my fav of the trilogy.
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:28:05 07/10/2018 by XSparxX
#8 Posted: 06:20:18 08/10/2018 | Topic Creator
Quote: Ice Dragoness
I love it; the characters, the story, the setting and especially the music. It's a big part of my gaming childhood.

I like your opinion Comment

Quote: XSparxX
I like the art design, story, combat, characters and the soundtrack of the first two games. smilie
DOTD in the other hand ... I like some of the gameplay ideas like the coop gameplay, puzzles, more free roaming and the level selection map.
The first half of the levels were good (my favourites are the twilight falls and valley of avalar).
The story tho ... too many plot holes ... and the art look off comparing to the first two games.

TEN PS2/Wii is my fav of the trilogy.

YOU DISLIKE THE LEGEND OF SPYRO LOOKS REALISTIC DETAILS?(NOT REALISTIC DESIGN)
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6071
#9 Posted: 02:38:18 12/10/2018
Honestly, I think I just hate it's general fandom (not all LoS fans, just most). The trilogy itself was enjoyable for me when I didn't take it seriously, but the fandom overall takes it WAY TOO seriously (which is impressive, because LoS takes itself too seriously as well). When left to my own devices, I found it unintentionally hilarious but mediocre if taken at face value (but it said some rather unsettling things unintentionally if you read between the lines, like the dragons being big giant fantasyland racists who think they're better than everyone else :D).
#10 Posted: 05:11:16 12/10/2018 | Topic Creator
Quote: Razz
Honestly, I think I just hate it's general fandom (not all LoS fans, just most). The trilogy itself was enjoyable for me when I didn't take it seriously, but the fandom overall takes it WAY TOO seriously (which is impressive, because LoS takes itself too seriously as well). When left to my own devices, I found it unintentionally hilarious but mediocre if taken at face value (but it said some rather unsettling things unintentionally if you read between the lines, like the dragons being big giant fantasyland racists who think they're better than everyone else smilie).

ARE you telling me, Dragons cannot fly can make better defeat giant?
#11 Posted: 06:25:57 20/10/2018
Haha yes? I think so anyway. :D The flying mechanic in DotD was absolutely wretched. Invisible walls everywhere and it's not even close to being as good or as fun as flying in the older games. It could have been fun, but not being able to explore and play around with the mechanic killed it. And nobody wants to hear me rant about how bad the character designs in DotD are again (they are very bad and that is not realism in any way). XD

But now that you bring it up, the golem fight would have been pretty awesome if they'd made it a big puzzle you solved without flying. That would have been so cool!
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#12 Posted: 14:13:12 20/10/2018
Quote: Arnold Jackson

Don't put words in my mouth. DOTD could make realistic work, but they didn't make anything work when they couldn't even translate concept art into the model right.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#13 Posted: 17:12:41 21/10/2018 | Topic Creator
Haha yes? I think so anyway. smilie The flying mechanic in DotD was absolutely wretched. Invisible walls everywhere and it's not even close to being as good or as fun as flying in the older games. It could have been fun, but not being able to explore and play around with the mechanic killed it. And nobody wants to hear me rant about how bad the character designs in DotD are again (they are very bad and that is not realism in any way). smilie

But now that you bring it up, the golem fight would have been pretty awesome if they'd made it a big puzzle you solved without flying. That would have been so cool!

So, dragons cannot fly anyway in area game be boring? If you say explore and play around with the mechanic killed, The flying dragon are going exit level inside area without finishing mission in the list. I know you wanna play game dragon can fly anywhere to battle monster. But, that's happened passive game development.

Quote: Arnold Jackson

Don't put words in my mouth. DOTD could make realistic work, but they didn't make anything work when they couldn't even translate concept art into the model right.

Why The legend of SPyro realistic concept does not work? child did only played classic spyro before legend spyro released.
#14 Posted: 00:26:39 22/10/2018
Why did you make this topic if all you're going to do is argue with people when you asked us if we dislike the games and we say we do?
#15 Posted: 15:58:40 24/10/2018 | Topic Creator
Why did you make this topic if all you're going to do is argue with people when you asked us if we dislike the games and we say we do?

Oh, My apologies. I will create a new right topic.
Spyro Cynder123 Gold Sparx Gems: 2585
#16 Posted: 03:35:03 11/03/2019
I do like the games because they brought me so much more than just a game

for me I love the art, the story and the gameplay I grew up with this Spyro I took my Dsi everywhere I go and played it
I still play them to this day but what I really love about this game is

It inspired to draw...
I made fan characters that I made into there own things and made worlds and other stuff based of this Trilogy
I just don't like the legend of Spyro

I LOVE it
---
I love Spyro Cynder games and I`m a big fan of Spyro Cynder THERE ARE SO AWESOME I`m REALLY BIG FAN OF SPYRO AND CYNDER and i like pie to :3
- Me 2012
Akame Yellow Sparx Gems: 1584
#17 Posted: 18:40:41 04/10/2020
I remember REALLY not liking it when it first came out, simply because it was so different from what I'd played so far. I couldn't believe how weird it was hearing the famous VAs, lol.

With the repetitive and boresome gameplay of ANB, I was put off for good. I didn't get TEN, but with the announcement of free-flight in DOTD I was interested again. I never got TEN even years later, I think I've cooled off on "hating" the TLOS games - I don't feel strongly about them. I find them mismanaged and underwhelming, the story seems basic (could have been good with better execution) and the gameplay is so boring.
#18 Posted: 16:38:41 18/06/2021 | Topic Creator
Quote: Akame
I remember REALLY not liking it when it first came out, simply because it was so different from what I'd played so far. I couldn't believe how weird it was hearing the famous VAs, lol.

With the repetitive and boresome gameplay of ANB, I was put off for good. I didn't get TEN, but with the announcement of free-flight in DOTD I was interested again. I never got TEN even years later, I think I've cooled off on "hating" the TLOS games - I don't feel strongly about them. I find them mismanaged and underwhelming, the story seems basic (could have been good with better execution) and the gameplay is so boring.

That's good to see that. That would be cool just put into full passion game product instead half baked.
IndianaViola Green Sparx Gems: 368
#19 Posted: 17:26:48 28/01/2023
Personally, I like the trilogy.

A New Beginning was easy. Well, if you experiment with the available breaths and memorize everything and whatnot, it gets easier to progress.

I own the off-brand XboX version (well, it's a straight-to-CD download), and a legit PS2 version that came with the Language selection screen at the start of the game.

The Eternal Night was grindy in places. Levels where you're required to use DragonTime to progress is annoying at best, and tedious at worst.
But hey, at least the storyline isn't messing around. (At least IMO) Being able to play as Dark Spyro after you complete the challenges is rewarding, not gonna lie. And, off-screen ambushing enemies (Which I hate BTW) will get a taste of their own medicine.

There are some underlying issues with the games. Pacing is noticeably rushed, and the back-to-back combat is cumbersome and tedious. HECK! The blundertails or the twin scorpions boss are the worst. No thanks, I'd rather fight the Elite enemies in DoTD WITHOUT ARMOR. Besides TEN's red flags, it's still a good game if you look past them.

I currently own the Wii version. I'm hoping to get the PS2 sometime this year.

And now onto Dawn of The Dragon...

Where do I start?

Cynder's dialogue is HORRID. Christina Ricci just read the lines of the script in a rather basic tone without much emotion, depth, or character. Sometimes she comes off as rude or brazen.
Sparx's VA in this installment doesn't fit his character at all. I'd rather have David Spade or Billy West.

And I'm sure we all agree that they overdid the voice filter for Malefor. Me, and a lot of fans didn't understand him at first until the second or third time listening to his dialogue. Even WITH subtitles on.
Mark Hamill is legendary, such a shame that his performance is overlooked by these issues.

The rest of the VA's are okay.

Obviously, due to a new director for this game, a lot was scrapped or retconned. And the art direction was totally different than from Krome studios.
Although I gotta give credit where credit is due, the graphics are stunning in levels like Twilight Falls, Valley of Avalar, and Dragon City. On the PS3 and Xbox 360 version, the aforementioned levels have more additional and detailed foliage, props, and structures than what the PS2 and Wii versions have to offer.

The models for Spyro and Cynder... YIKES.
Let's just say, cartoony and semi-realistic art styles do not mix well. At least, how Entranges did it was uncanny. Models for the cheetahs and elder Guardians were copy-pasted.
Again, a lot of stuff was left out.

And the end cutscene before the credits... I hate this particular kind of fanservice. Shoehorned romance; The bane of my existence.
No offense to SpyroXCynder shippers, but a thing like that needs a lot of exploring and growth in order for a relationship between the two to form.
It's fine if you like the pairing, just know that it's rushed.

I own the Wii version, as well as the PS3 one. I prefer the latter.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:20:07 29/01/2023 by IndianaViola
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me