Forum

Skylanders Academy

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Academy > Dawn of the Age of Rise of Spoiler Thread 3: Uprising: Genesis - A SA Thread
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Dawn of the Age of Rise of Spoiler Thread 3: Uprising: Genesis - A SA Thread
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#1 Posted: 21:47:47 27/09/2018 | Topic Creator
*drawn out ding*If you haven't watched Season 3 yet, leave now. We're talking about it.

In a world...

You know it, I know it. It's here.

It might be the final season, it's unclear. But it's happening.

Everything you know is about to change.

You have to do this! Using the spoiler tags in the first page!

NO! NOT THE IMAGES OUTSIDE OF TAGS!

Accept the challenge of discussing this Season 3...

We've worked so hard for this! The spoilery videos should be hidden knowledge!

I know what to do, hold on!

*BWAAAAAHHHH*

Dawn of the Age of the Rise of Spoiler Thread 3: Uprising: Genesis - A Skylanders Academy Thread

[User Posted Image]

It's amazing... Flynn is so buff now.

*BWAAAAAHHHH*

THIS FRIDAY - SEPTEMBER 28TH
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:49:19 27/09/2018 by Bifrost
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#2 Posted: 22:48:04 27/09/2018
They did state they planned something for next season so Season 4 is pretty much confirmed
Glitchy Witchy Blue Sparx Gems: 911
#3 Posted: 13:55:34 28/09/2018
I hope they'll get another season. There was some stuff I was a little unsure of, but in general, I think it's a great set up for (a) future season(s).
---
''Ah'm all about, hilarity!''
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#4 Posted: 14:11:06 28/09/2018
I feel like someone on the writing staff has daddy issues. There’s been, like 5 jokes about troubled childhoods and it’s only Episode 3
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#5 Posted: 15:27:58 28/09/2018
Holy ****, Academy! Add “disowning your child because they’re gay” joke to the pile of wtf jokes in this show
#6 Posted: 15:51:17 28/09/2018
Eon is kind of hot shirtless...Kind of
Edit :
This season is kind of long it’s the same thing every episode kind of disappointed
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:51:51 28/09/2018 by KingMed
fyra Platinum Sparx Gems: 6412
#7 Posted: 15:59:45 28/09/2018
It’s just random plots related to failed plans of darkspyro.....sounded better with the idea of darkspyro to begin with.
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
#8 Posted: 17:22:59 28/09/2018
Dark Spyro and the finale episode were the only good things this season Team B and Team C barley had any screen time which is lame + They hinted at a couple of things that we never got + They made it seem like crash is going to be more involved which he haven’t and he got more annoyingsmilie
I just wish that this season didn’t drag this much.
Oh yeah and they acted like Kaboom isn’t a Skylanders although he was frozen in the first episode and went on missions a couple of times like WTH
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#9 Posted: 18:06:56 28/09/2018
I quite liked it, and hopefully we'll get Season 4!
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#10 Posted: 18:24:08 28/09/2018
This season is boring tbh, every episode is about Dark Spyro & Kaos fails + random plots that added nothing in general, also 0 screen time to the others Skylanders except the main team of course.
The last three episodes were good, I hope in a S4 with a more serious plot this time, if there'll be a S4...
The last episode looked like a goodbye to us honestly... "Skylanders Forever!" :'(
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
#11 Posted: 18:39:07 28/09/2018
This season focused a lot on Dark Spyro and Slow Plot Devolpment...I wanted to see The B-Team Finally graduate , Dark Spyro Visiting Strykor in the castle , More Fight scenes , More of Cynder , Crash and Coco , Exploring back stories .... All that this season did was make me like Dark Spyro more than regular Spyro and for him to die actually made me upset smilie ...Dark Spyro was so intresting I hate that he’s gone.
The animation this time looked so much better, the fight scenes were nicely done although short , I liked the fact that they reveled that some Skylanders decided to join the side of evil when Strykor got corrupted....When they had that picture of Wash Buckler fighting with Strykor I got pretty excited and I hopped to see him his personality could easily fit that of a bad guy...They also missed a chance to introduce Pendergast during the race.
I know that they didn’t want to keep on adding Characters randomly but I was a bit disappointed TBH smilie
Archae Emerald Sparx Gems: 4182
#12 Posted: 20:04:14 28/09/2018
Well, this weekend, BINGE WATCHING!

(Going to be otherwise pretty dull.)

smilie

I just want to see Strykor get his butt kicked.
---
Gunter glieben glauten globen...
#13 Posted: 23:12:56 28/09/2018 | Topic Creator
They really blew their budget on that rocket castle scene huh.

Still. Until episode 9, it was pretty bad. I don't mind the Dark Spyro self sabotage shenanigans because they were all very funny, but the Kaos sideplot had no reason to exist and indeed leads nowhere until he straight up takes a new plot from Spyro, and the lack of existence of the cadets was infuriating - Kaossandra talks about promoting them all to teachers when they've been giving classes to these guys all along, for god's sake.

And... Is it me, or is the finale adding to the hints from the Reignited spoilers that Skylanders may be backstory to the entire Spyro franchise? I won't specify because well it's spoilers for a different thing entirely, but it certainly sounds like it.

Also, Flynn is the best new feature of this season, and this is suprising considering you all know how unbearable be became to me the last two games. They actually made him... a character. With real flaws and conflict.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:33:48 28/09/2018 by Bifrost
#14 Posted: 23:38:11 28/09/2018
I hate the fact that no one says anything about Eon being Kaos’s Dad although Eric confirmed that last year on Twitter...even when The Skylanders ask Eon about being Kaos’s Uncle he goes along with what they’re saying and lies to them m right after stating that there won’t be any secrets between them * Face Palms *
#15 Posted: 23:40:03 28/09/2018
NGL, I'm not a fan of Eon being Kaos' father. Uncle is fine, but Father it just too much.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#16 Posted: 23:51:00 28/09/2018 | Topic Creator
Quote: KingMed
I hate the fact that no one says anything about Eon being Kaos’s Dad although Eric confirmed that last year on Twitter...even when The Skylanders ask Eon about being Kaos’s Uncle he goes along with what they’re saying and lies to them m right after stating that there won’t be any secrets between them * Face Palms *

Actually, the implication is that Kaossandra cheated on Strykore, and the filler episodes flip flop if she told Eon at the time of the season or before, I think the ending of Eon knowing it all along was the inconsistent part. It's kind of kid-unfriendly to say that until Strykore was defeated and unable to interact with the others.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:51:32 28/09/2018 by Bifrost
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#17 Posted: 03:13:44 29/09/2018
okay.

i'll make this easier by starting with what i didn't like.

one thing that bothered me was that they constantly shoved comedic anecdotes into some of the more serious scenes. examples being SE's more mature dialogue and eon vs strykore. i do understand that this is a kid's show, but just because it is a kid's show doesn't mean they have to patronize the audience.

another gripe i have was that there was.. so much filler. some episodes had pieces of story at the end but were filler until that point. the season picks up at E9 though.

and as for plot elements-

eon being kaos' father was predictable. it was interesting, yes, but predictable.

coco was only in the second half of the finale for 5 minutes lmao

also.. where was sprocket during the final fight!? i thought they were gonna flesh her out in S2 to be a main but i guess not.

flynn was actually.. very enjoyable. not gonna lie.

dip spyro was nice. hearing jason ritter again was a plus.

jet-vac's daddy issues being a running joke was kinda funny.

-

so.

if this is truly it for us... i'd say this was a fun ride. S3 may not have been everything we wanted, but it could have been worse. i really do hope there's a S4, but at this rate i don't think we're gonna get it. but what we have is.. great.

skylands forever.
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#18 Posted: 10:57:48 29/09/2018
Where was Cynder in the whole final fight?
She dissapeared suddenly even Kaos said "You are only 6!" but Cynder wasn't there.

Quote: Bifrost

And... Is it me, or is the finale adding to the hints from the Reignited spoilers that Skylanders may be backstory to the entire Spyro franchise? I won't specify because well it's spoilers for a different thing entirely, but it certainly sounds like it..

Um okay? I've never heard something like that! smilie
Now I'm really curious about it ...
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 11:13:39 29/09/2018 by XSparxX
#19 Posted: 11:23:19 29/09/2018 | Topic Creator
Also, as said in another thread, the official twitter lied super hard about several parts of the plot and appearances that never happened. I get a little more why people are angry, I had forgotten about those responses altogether..

These showrunners gave an attempt but it's so painfully obvious they forgot a whole chunk of the cast. Stealth Elf mopes about having no mentor and an important keepsake? Then it's not Ninjini and the magic bottle??? Ugh.
---
#20 Posted: 11:57:49 29/09/2018
King Pen and Crash acted totally out of character -.-

Golden Queen's, Cynder's and Malefor's brief moment were ... dissapointing
And no one cared about Cynder until they needed her for something .. wow.

I only enjoyed Flynn, the dynamic between the main team and Dark Spyro, Kaossandra, Dark Spyro, Dark Spyro vs Spyro (best fighting animation in the whole series) and the ending.

The whole Strykore plot was also dissapointing. I thought he would be more dangerous. The only thing he was doing the whole season was to be a flying head and talking to Dark Spyro.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 12:00:40 29/09/2018 by XSparxX
#21 Posted: 13:10:25 29/09/2018 | Topic Creator
Crash was *more* in character, since they made him crazier like in his original series. King Pen has no excuse.
---
#22 Posted: 15:34:19 29/09/2018
Yeah he was more like his gaming counterpart because they made him more crazier and less cooler but not to his SA counterpart in S1, because of that I think he was out of character. :/
King Pen is a shame.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:34:36 29/09/2018 by XSparxX
#23 Posted: 16:47:02 29/09/2018
remind me to take some screenshots when i have the time, there's one part from the beginning of S3E4 that's just begging to be memed
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5357
#24 Posted: 18:41:39 29/09/2018
“Hey Spyro, I’m sorta not dead and I suddenly know where your family is!”

How did this season feel rushed and drawn out?

Fight scenes were cool though.

“Oh no Cynder is trapped in the underworld! Let’s leave her for 12 episodes so we can solve a petty dispute between Eon and Kaossandra.”

Also the Golden Queen showed up for less than half an episode and wasn’t even the main focus.

I had a lot of gripes, but it was still enjoyable.
---
Soon.
#25 Posted: 19:12:23 29/09/2018 | Topic Creator
The original intention was actually to kill Eon and make him a ghost like the games ever since the pilot, Eric was shut down because killing the mentor character was too sudden for kids. But yeah, it did feel rushed, but it's because it's a package that comes with them trying to put the kaos father plot to an end at the finale rather than the first episode and moving on to setting this up.

Like, Eon says he's the father right away, episodes are spent on the squabble being visibly two parents trying to raise a kid without actually being near them, final episodes are about Eon passing the duties to Kaossandra because he thinks he's not going to make it. You'd barely have to change most of the season to make it fit better.
---
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#26 Posted: 19:16:11 29/09/2018
Quote: Bifrost
And... Is it me, or is the finale adding to the hints from the Reignited spoilers that Skylanders may be backstory to the entire Spyro franchise? I won't specify because well it's spoilers for a different thing entirely, but it certainly sounds like it.

Bifrost, can you tell me where to read about this? You've made me curious.

Anyway, I just finished Season 3 and I have a lot to say about it!

I liked it better than Season 1 and less than Season 2.

+ smilie! Yes, he literally stole the show, but it was so interesting to explore Spyro's alter ego. His new voice was cool too. However, his constant failings teetered between exciting and tiresome, as I feel like we could have got to episode 13 much more quickly without them.
+ Surprisingly, Flynn. I actually really liked him, his jokes, and everything really.
+ Stealth Elf's outfit in Episode 7. I know everyone has about ten thousand figures of her by now, but I would totally buy another if she had that red bandana and sunglasses!
+ The ending was satisfying to me, in that it could easily set up Season 4 or be the show's complete finale. I hope it's not the latter.

- The ending was also so frustrating! Season 2, for goodness sake, set up the search for Spyro's family, yet Season 3 stalled this story thread for another year, or even forever.
- Uhhh, so everyone was fine with Cynder chilling out in the underworld the entire time? In Episode 12, Spyro is more scared of Malefor than he is upset that he left her there while he was evil. And where were the other cadets? I just feel like a lot of characters were criminally underused. A step backwards from Season 2 in my opinion.
- Season 3 was also round 3 of spot-the-cleverly-reused-assets-and-locations. I know it can't be helped (thanks, budget) but it's so limiting.
- The humour continues to be completely hit or miss for me. The 2014 and Buckingham Palace mentions, for example, were awful, but I did like the Gladiator(?) reference. FREEDOM!!
#27 Posted: 19:20:58 29/09/2018
[User Posted Image]

you have the big gay, portal master.

- - -
#28 Posted: 19:50:19 29/09/2018
[User Posted Image]
Not my best work, but it’s true.
---
Soon.
#29 Posted: 19:56:39 29/09/2018
looks like someone took parenting lessons from lusamine and ghetsis
#30 Posted: 20:05:44 29/09/2018 | Topic Creator
Quote: ZapNorris

Eon did say "all of the business", zap

Quote: yelvy

Bifrost, can you tell me where to read about this? You've made me curious.

I'll say it in vague words so someone avoiding Reignited spoilers can have an easier time. There's the spoilers thread there with the achievements. One of these achievements, is an interesting endgame picture. This picture shows something that's a very strange reference to place. If it's in the final game, it could mean the series are more connected than we think. Here's the actual info for everyone else, possible Reignited spoilers ahead:

Gnasty's Loot has a Trap Team poster right next to a crystal dragon. TT specifically and not Spyro's Adventure is odd, because that game is all about crystals that can trap characters; a friend of mine suggested this might be a cheeky way to create a theory Gnasty learned the spell from how Traptanium works without stepping on Insomniac's boundaries. This, along with the Academy ending, could mean Skyro is the progenitor of purple dragons in Dragon Realms and the Classic one is named after him, and Skylanders is a far off legend.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:09:13 29/09/2018 by Bifrost
#31 Posted: 20:48:10 29/09/2018
Thanks, Bifrost!
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#32 Posted: 22:21:13 29/09/2018
Okay time for some quick thoughts:

Let's talk about the bad first: The plot structure felt a bit messy overall. With the almost entirety of the first half having episodes with the same basic structure, it made the Netflix curse feel more prominent, even if it was technically the same as before. Cynder's plot being suddenly remembered at the end and most side characters being straight up forgotten felt too weird. Kaos' plot felt very hit or miss, with the charm of the Doom Raider being unfortunately absent, without Golden Queen or Broccoli Guy. And well that cliffhanger that probably won't be resolved.

Now about what I did like: The humor and dialogue, as usual, felt on point. The character interactions were all fascinating, the animation was top notch, the few fighting scenes looked great, Flynn's a great character, the Dark Spyro undercover agent plot was a lot of fun, the soundtrack finally had something, and I feel like the finale felt really satisfying.

Overall I think it was a good Season. The weakest of the three, for sure, but still a lot of fun. I'll give it the Flynn Chin Seal of Quality:

[User Posted Image]
---
Bruh
#33 Posted: 23:00:11 29/09/2018
Question: What happened to Strykor?

Kind of vague...
---
#34 Posted: 23:03:50 29/09/2018 | Topic Creator
Quote: Archae
Question: What happened to Strykor?

Kind of vague...

Sent back to the Endless Void. And no, they didn't do anything to stop him from coming back like last time, but it did take a hundred years the first time so track record is good.
---
#35 Posted: 23:57:49 29/09/2018
This season was good , but there aren’t any lighthearted episode there aren’t any episodes that I can watch on their own like belly of the beast and prison break...all of the episodes are tied together this could of have been a good movie , but not a full season there isn’t any diversity smilie
#36 Posted: 15:58:12 30/09/2018
^That is one thing I really like about this season. It's more story driven.
---
#37 Posted: 17:54:16 30/09/2018
Yeah, I'm really only here for the full story and Spyro and his friends. Those completely irrelevant episodes always rubbed me the wrong way, especially when they were filled with humour I just didn't get!
#38 Posted: 18:56:33 30/09/2018 | Topic Creator
Still, I think the main problem is that the non-plot parts are ENTIRELY filler. Weekend At Eon's and Three Sides to Every Story could've used WAY shorter ways to show Dark Spyro's struggles but instead it's wasted on protagonist hijinks and more kaos pirate.

Two chunks that could've been used for a Kaossandra episode(and not a Stealth Elf episode in disguise like Road Rage) and a cadet episode, like Split Decision did amazingly by being half cadet development half actual plot.
---
#39 Posted: 19:22:52 30/09/2018
The Kaos pirate plot was so pointless.
They should had focus on more important plotlines

Stealth Elf and Spyro/Dark Spyro chemistry was the best like always. I love them both since Imaginators.
I still don't get over how they only give Coco, Cynder, Malefor and the Golden Queen 5 minutes of screen time.
What was even the point to introduce Coco?
I thought Cynder and Malefor would play a more bigger role in this season.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:23:09 30/09/2018 by XSparxX
#40 Posted: 20:00:44 30/09/2018
Oh, I loathed the Kaos pirate stuff so much. I've never really cared for the Doom Raiders anyway (The only Skylanders game I skipped was Trap Team, so go figure) but adding his constant incompetence to the mix was even worse!

It reached the point where, in Episodes 12 and 13, I groaned whenever they turned up, just because they were stealing screen time from the characters I'd been waiting for all Season to re/appear (Cynder and Coco, namely).

Like I said before, it baffles me as to why those characters were completely sidelined. It's jarring going from Season 2 to 3 now because people like Cynder, Sprocket and Malefor go from pseudo-mains to cameo roles.

On a positive note, I remember absolutely loving Split decision last year. It's a shame I never got round to Season 2 on my rewatch before the 28th came around!
#41 Posted: 20:27:19 30/09/2018 | Topic Creator
The Doom Raiders just got shafted too fast. They get scared by Kaos and suddenly they're back at their pre-season 1 level, including arrest? Dreamcatcher uses her powers a grand total of once except for jokes - and NONE OF THE OTHERS do anything when it comes to battling in the ship.

Broccoli Guy also pretty much proved why he's indispensable to the team. None of their scenes were funny compared to the sheer amount of times they played off of him in the first two seasons. Eric had a good reason to replace Krankcase, and this is why.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:27:45 30/09/2018 by Bifrost
#42 Posted: 21:50:32 30/09/2018
It sort of annoys me how Stealth Elf was working pretty hard to figure out what was up with Spyro but then it’s pretty much given away to her.

Also the Doom Raiders are only there for fanservice and you all know it.
---
Soon.
#43 Posted: 01:46:46 01/10/2018
Drobot, Stump Smash, and Shroomboom got namedropped in S3E5. and apparently they're held in high regard.

Shroomboom's probably out there as a space pirate, riding in a stolen warship or something, good on him
#44 Posted: 11:12:25 01/10/2018 | Topic Creator
They're also all three shown in the S1 intro. Yet, Food Foght somehow lost his rank between the first two seasons by the power of plot.
---
#45 Posted: 16:14:02 01/10/2018
Wash Buckler is shown to be an evil skylander
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:14:19 01/10/2018 by KingMed
#46 Posted: 17:15:53 01/10/2018
Quote: KingMed
Wash Buckler is shown to be an evil skylander

Given that fact he's the only Skylander on that side, and also having another pirate, I'm thinking that very well might just be a mistake.

In fact if anything, this was Wash Buckler BEFORE he became a Skylander. Since the battle with Strykore was with the very First Skylanders, being the Giants.

My guess Wash Buckler was orginally a villain, but changed over to good. Makes much more sense and goes with his backstory.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:28:29 01/10/2018 by HeyitsHotDog
#47 Posted: 21:19:51 01/10/2018
One thing that bugs me, I'm on episode 4, and so far not even a MENTION of Cynder!
---
#48 Posted: 02:42:12 02/10/2018
Quote: Archae
One thing that bugs me, I'm on episode 4, and so far not even a MENTION of Cynder!

well, uh

have fun waiting until the finale for any mention of her
#49 Posted: 17:57:37 02/10/2018
No ones cares about her until the plot demands it.
---
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me