Forum

Skylanders Academy

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Academy > Dawn of the Age of Rise of Spoiler Thread 3: Uprising: Genesis - A SA Thread
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Dawn of the Age of Rise of Spoiler Thread 3: Uprising: Genesis - A SA Thread
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#51 Posted: 13:35:34 05/10/2018 | Topic Creator
I'd just take the time. The season is more disappointing at what it doesn't do than what it does. What it ends up committing to is good, the problem is that it's at the expense of a ton of better things.

The battle in Split literally is the best action scene in the entire show, but it shouldn't have taken 11 episodes to get there.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#52 Posted: 14:58:17 12/10/2018 | Topic Creator
They did too much of Kaos, which is something even the games didn't do wrong. But not by making him annoying or anything, the pirate episodes just spread Horvitz' impact too thin. From Days of Future Crash onwards he's a great character, which just means that they could've spent the other episodes having him actually attack the Skylandes and play off of way better characters than the Doom Raiders -GQ.
---
Star Dragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 5323
#53 Posted: 18:32:55 17/10/2018
Just finished the final episode. Full spoilers ahead:
Overall I was very disappointed with this season.

Positives:-
I did enjoy the first and last three episodes. Probably because there were actual battles in those episodes.
I liked how they did the ending of the final episode. A slight cliffhanger if another series happens otherwise a nice goodbye if it's the end of the show.
The Doom Raiders weren't as annoying. I've never really liked them from the start though and I'm glad that they didn't include Broccoli Guy this time as I hate the boring personality they gave him in the show.

Negatives:-
The Dark Spyro plot was really drawn out and Strykore didn't do much. Kaosandra also had too much screen time.
I had a feeling it would be revealed Strykore wasn't Kaos' father but I'm not sure how I feel about it being Eon.
No cameos from other Skylanders. All we got were Flynn and Coco.
I wanted the cadets to have more screen time and take part in some of the major battles, like in the final episode against Kaos.
On the subject of cadets, I was hoping to finally see Flashwing in action but she was only in one episode for five seconds!
No one thought about going to save Cynder sooner?

OK think I've finished.
---
What! Marco sent you here? I've got a restraining order against him! - Rapunzel, Spyro 3
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:54:17 17/10/2018 by Star Dragon
Deliciouschurro Green Sparx Gems: 339
#54 Posted: 07:49:50 11/11/2018
How do you go a whole Season with Flynn and not have him say "BOOM" once? =/
#55 Posted: 13:17:05 11/11/2018 | Topic Creator
By writing him well and not like a walking joke that literally brought every scene down with him?

Seriously, Flynn is so good in Academy, because he's the same character but put where he works, not just whenever they need to distract the player.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:17:49 11/11/2018 by Bifrost
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me