Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 48 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50
Legend of Orion: Dark Times (open) [CLOSED]
A Guy Emerald Sparx Gems: 3639
#2351 Posted: 23:50:31 09/10/2018
On board, Sere ordered some men to bring the acquired treasure to one of the storage rooms. Though it took some time, the men eventually had all of the treasures moved to the room, as Sere had ordered. Sere determined that he would probably be up a while; he would have to count what they had, appraise their value, then figure how best to distribute it. Sitting down, he set to his task, determined to have it done by morning, after which he could get some sleep...
---
I'm just... a guy...
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#2352 Posted: 03:02:04 10/10/2018
As Angora cleaned the battlefield, she would sometimes be asked for first aid kit and medical supplies, all while avoiding the constant questions and harassment of the children. The sailor whose knee she healed was keeping a close eye on her from the ship, wanting to observe her every move and see if she would use magic again, although it was hard to see with so many kids surrounding her. He took food from Maverick without even looking at him, so he simply assumed the sailor was too busy surveilling the progress of the island.

The distribution was done, so Maverick got ready to head to the kitchen again to fetch food for the prisoners, but then he remembered his beloved Dahlia. She would eat first, but then reminding himself of mounts, he asked Latnok another question before heading below deck.
"Señor Latnok? Should I feed Shade and Veris as well?" he asked, them being the only two who hadn't eaten yet, though he wondered if the wyvern was going to feed off the fatalities.
"And also señor Raclaw, you had food, but I know you can't pick cups. Want me to get you a specific drink? Also, I need you to tell me what kind of food would you want me to fetch to Chester." Maverick asked, taking advantage of him already being there to ask both Raclaw and Latnok the questions. Unlike Angora, Maverick did noticed that Raclaw couldn't pick the drinks with those paws, and he heard from the other sailor's gossiping that the fur dragon drank more than just water. As for the beagle, he didn't dare bring him food, thinking it would be too strong for him or that he would simply be pleased with the scraps.
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8578
#2353 Posted: 07:52:39 10/10/2018
"Some rum would be fine.. and thank-you for asking.," Raclaw started to say appreciating Maverick's observation skills and consideration towards the delicate Beagle. "As for Chester-- any meat will do so long as it's not too spiced and is cut up into manageable portions. He's.. he's not too picky and is willing to try anything.," Raclaw said with a smile looking down at his four legged friend. From what he had been told, Chester had been previously fed little more than table scraps and hadn't yet experienced the editable wonders of the world. Raclaw, in comparison, at least had some variety and had full-sized portions while still on the farm. From one former pet to another, the two could at least agree that properly prepared food was a glorious thing. 'And the rum helps too.,' Raclaw briefly thought to himself between pauses. Eventually, he and Chester would have to try some exotic meats-- such as actual rainbow fish again. He briefly got lost in his thoughts thinking of an particularly mouthwatering memory. He wondered if the Guardians might be able to obtain some for him, even if only for one more time.

Across from the other side of the deck, Risar was watching the water while he winded down for the night. He occasionally glanced at the trio-- knowing that Chester was probably glad to not one but two powerful protectors. Both Latnok and Raclaw had more than proved themselves capable of defending themselves, of protecting others, and perhaps more importantly.. earning his respect. For a human, albeit an well armed one, Latnok had handled him exceptionally well. And despite the different form factor and lack of any such armor-- Raclaw had also handled himself exceptionally well. The arrow wound to the wing was almost to be expected with the fur dragon's almost improvised looking style of fighting; using a strategy of both air flame-based attacks and ground assault-based attacks via the use of his artifact-like tail apparatus.

As Risar thought about Raclaw's tactics, an idea came to mind that fur dragon might be able to use. He awaited Maverick's response and for the hybrid to presumily leave the scene, so that he may share his knowledge with the trio. He had seen the fur dragon's... apparatus (not knowing what else to call it) take the form of armor and he had more recently seen it take the form of a very powerful tail spike. As he had heard a young child once say upon being faced with two very different but both very appealing items-- 'Why not both?,' he thought to himself. With all that fur (and feathers?), he was sure that Raclaw could use all the protection he could get-- just in case someone managed to get a lucky blow. He didn't doubt the fur dragon's ability to defend himself, but knew well the value of having good armor.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 07:58:16 10/10/2018 by redwes
#2354 Posted: 09:46:38 10/10/2018
Latnok looked at Maverick, his disapproving glance hidden behind his helmet. "Don't push it," he said. "Veris has more than likely had his fill on the battlefield, and Shade can start eating regular meals again when Angora wants to stop disrespecting us and our crew. If she won't show any respect for her sake, I'll get it out of her any way I can. Either that or she can stay off our ship. You know, I've had many opportunities to just have her tossed off - but I've chosen not to take them. Do you know why? Because I don't want to. I would rather she just shape up and know her place, like every other member of the crew. But she makes that extremely difficult when she openly disrespects them immediately after I warn her against doing so - right in front of me. That sort of behavior is absolutely terrible for a group environment, and I intend to correct it. Now, have the prisoners eaten yet? Feed them and go to bed."
---
I'm just... a guy...
cyndego Platinum Sparx Gems: 6382
#2355 Posted: 11:10:18 10/10/2018
Dex and Sapphire had spend sometime with the Dwarf in a nice looking Bar inside the league building. And now they where all at the hall where the meeting was hold. Everybody waited for the leader of the league to show up and start the whole thing...... but after sometime the first vice leader came walking with a golden dagger with rubies all over it. He slowly took the stage. " Whats the meaning of this!" Somebody Shouted (The vice leader was a elf, and the dagger he was now holding was the mark of the leader of the league).

The vice leader started to speak "I am here to tell you that our leader is dead. And because of this I have taken over. We need a new way and a new strategy to become even more powerfull. We need to start working with the brotherhood and become a True power which nobody can Mess with. So I tell you there is not going to be voting for a new leader, because I am taking the possition and I will be taking us to new even greater success!"

The other vice leader walked to the stage to "This is not How this works. And you just come here with the mark of the leader and tell us you are the new one. And working with the brotherhood? You have become mad" he said

The first vice leader did not react at all " I warn you, Obey all of you or there will be serious sanctions"

Almost everybody stood up from their places "No way, you dont belong here anymore and you will pay what you have done to our leader"

"Very Well then" the first vice leader said taking out a Sword and killing the second vice. At the same time doors to the hall opened and a massive group came in

"They are from the brotherhood" Sapphire quickly said to Dex, but it was not very necessary because soon one window broke up a there he was again...... "Kill them all" Blue shouted and a massive battle started
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
#2356 Posted: 13:07:39 10/10/2018
"Sure thing señor Raclaw." Maverick said with a smile to the fur dragon, a smile that quickly vanished when he heard Latnok's response. He wanted to leave without saying anything, but he believed it was time to say something even if he received some retialation in exchange.

"Señor Latnok, my apologies, but I've been observing Angorita from time to time ever since we've gotten here, and I believe you're being too harsh with her. She has done every chore and has obeyed your training terms. Sure, I'll admit she still has a temper and that she still has long ways to go, but she's trying. Compared to how she was before when she was with you at the caves, she has improved quite a lot. Instead of keep treating her badly, can't you help her to continue improving?" Maverick asked in a polite and respectful way, using a tone so kind that distinguished him so well from his bullied friend. He has seen that Angora has tried to be polite, in her own and slow way, but all she ever got in return was more insults and belittling. It was as if Latnok refused to acknowledge her genuine attempts to be nice. Nevertheless, he wasn't trying to scold Latnok, just give him some honest advice, but knowing him and his exaggeratedly thin ego, Maverick knew he was taking a risk in saying those words.
---
#2357 Posted: 13:13:40 10/10/2018
"Hmm." Latnok pondered for a few moments how best to explain his point of view to Maverick.
"I don't know if you are aware of this, Maverick, but we're on quite an important mission. We hired crew because we needed experienced seafarers. And we hold all of those men to a standard. They all follow that standard. I don't give anyone special treatment. None of our men disrespect me or Godfather Sere - especially not right in front of us. And we need that, because it gives us the faith that they will listen to us when it counts.
"What you are asking me to do is to give Angora special treatment. And I will tell you right now - 'trying' isn't good enough. A mission like this isn't the time to be 'trying' to put in a better effort. I don't need someone 'trying' to act properly, just like I don't need someone 'trying' to fire a bow well when they're backing me up. I need them to do it right. I need her to meet the exact same standard as the rest of the crew. If she can do that, without any sort of passive-aggressiveness, then that's great. Otherwise, she has no place here, and you can follow her."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2358 Posted: 13:26:52 10/10/2018
"Special treatment? I didn't say you should give Angora special treatment." Maverick assured, though not surprised at Latnok misinterpreting something. He has gotten so determined, he even stopped calling Angora with her nickname.
"All I'm saying is that you should be a little kinder. Angora has stopped with the insults and hasn't tried to cause any mutiny. Yet everything she does is disrespectful to you. Is it because of something she does with her body? I don't think that's fair señor Latnok. Every one has to move they body once in a while to let off some steam. Just because you two had a rocky past, doesn't mean you have to give up on her this quickly. You say trying isn't enough? For someone like her, it is. I should know. But you're expecting Angora to change overnight. Can't you see how hard she's trying?" Maverick declared, wanting Latnok to open up and follow his advice. Maverick didn't have the best of beginnings with Angora either, but he never gave up on her, and they were now practically like siblings.
---
#2359 Posted: 13:40:52 10/10/2018
Latnok was growing more and more irritated with Maverick challenging him."YES, respect is in even body language," Latnok said. "Body language, in fact, is a huge part of it. Actions speak pretty loudly. Do you think anyone else in the crew is disrespecting me, or disrespecting others in front of my face, like that? I'll tell you right now - they aren't. Because Angora seems to be the only one who can't understand.
"I know you will never understand, though. Angora is too precious to you to see things from the point of view of people who have actually been doing this for a long time. This is our ship. She will meet the same standards of behavior as everyone else. And if you are unable to accept that your princess might actually have to show the same amount of respect everyone else does, and you want to keep questioning me, you can get off our ship. Otherwise, you will continue to do as you're told and act like everyone else does."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2360 Posted: 13:53:29 10/10/2018
Maverick shook his head in disappointment, feeling pity rather than anger for Latnok. Just like before, he was being an egocentric, unreasonable being. He just selfishly claimed this as his a Day Sere's ship, and was expecting everyone else to act however he felt like it, even if he was being wrong and unfair. How cruel it was for him to punish Shade for something that Angora supposedly did. Unlike the troll, Maverick knew when to stop a conversation it was obvious wasn't going anywhere.
"Fine señor Latnok. Have it your way. Perhaps one day, you'll understand. Now if you excuse me, I still have some chores to do." Maverick said in the same, respectful tone as before, even though he didn't think Latnok deserved it. His ego was just so delicate! Every little thing was disrespectful to him. Maverick attributed his mean attitude to his position, which made him believe he could treat anyone however he pleased. It was an attitude that reminded Maverick so much of his late father. He also couldn't stand some simple body language. Even a yawn from sleepiness rather than boredom was punishable.
---
#2361 Posted: 14:17:12 10/10/2018
"And maybe one day, when - if - you ever become some sort of leader, instead of just your father's whipping boy, or Angora's whipping boy, you will understand why every respectable organization demands its members respect their superiors," Latnok berated harshly. "Until then, you do what you're told, and she will do what she's told, or you can leave. Let me see any sign of disrespect from her again, or any questioning from you again. See if my patience for your disrespect extends any further than it already has." if Maverick wanted to play the moral high ground, he had a lot to learn...
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2362 Posted: 14:50:34 10/10/2018
"Yes señor Latnok." Maverick simply answered as he headed below deck, with the same respectful voice, having far more patient and politeness than Angora. He believed that Latnok was simply abusing his power cause he had this obsessive idea of law and order. He understood Latnok's rules, but believed he didn't care for other people's emotions or expressions. He may have more experiences in battle and life, but Maverick was more patient and compassionate, and was willing to listen to other people's problem, something that Latnok apparently lacked.

He went to the kitchen and prepared food for the prisoners, although he left the tray on the table since he still had to go to the main deck to bring Raclaw's rum as well as Chester's food and water. He cut the pieces of meat into portions he was certain would please the cute beagle. As he did so, Maverick felt like he needed to talk to somebody... and he knew exactly who.
"Oh mother. If only he could understand. Latnok is not a bad man, he is just so lawful and strict, he forgets his own heart. I can understand rules and order, but he takes it way too far. He's too easily offended. He doesn't want to see or attempt to understand other people's feelings. It's always his way and nobody else's. I tried to give him friendly advice, yet he won't take it. He's too impatient and proud. If only he could see there was more to life that rules and respect. But... well anyway, I didn't give up on Angorita, and I'm not going to give up on him. I know that underneath all that rude and hard exterior, there is someone kind and understanding." Maverick expressed, feeling like his mother was listening wherever she was. He feared Latnok may be a losing battle, but he was still better than his father, so perhaps there was a change for him to stop being so stubborn and see beyond his own nose for a change.
---
#2363 Posted: 15:38:13 10/10/2018
With Maverick out of his sight, Latnok took a seat on the deck. If it were up to him, he would've left Angora and Maverick back at Redwater. Sere was too forgiving, in his opinion - he didn't question it, however. He knew his place. Why was it so hard for the others? Angora trying to be passive-aggressive, Maverick questioning him and insinuating that he didn't know what he was doing... he had protected them thus far, but with the recent encounter with Maverick, his patience had run out. He was determined to see them off the ship the first time they did anything questionable.

Meanwhile, Ilasi was headed to bed after witnessing the whole spectacle between Maverick and Latnok. She couldn't help but feel a sense of... disappointment? Maverick was so loyal to the troll, but was she really worth it? As rude as Angora has been to her, even after remaining polite and open, Maverick not only condoned her behavior, but asked others to, as well? Was this the man she cared about before? Something had to be wrong...
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2364 Posted: 16:01:30 10/10/2018
After his little talk with his mother, Maverick finished Chester's meal and Raclaw's drink. He left the prisoner's tray behind for later serving. He returned to the main deck and gave the food and water to Chester plus Raclaw's rum, served in a bowl that would be very easy for him to carry.
"Here you go my fluffy friends. Enjoy." Maverick said with a smile and small bow, leaving them immediately to eat in peace while he proceeded to return below deck to finish up the last bit of his task. As he headed to the stairs, he involuntarily looked at Ilasi in the eyes before she headed to bed, and once again blushed. However, this was accompanied by a single tear, which he rubbed quickly before it could reach the cheek. Embarrased to no end, Maverick quickly disappeared below the stairs, hoping Ilasi didn't noticed the silly display, even if the chances were unlikely. He then put his back against one of the hallway walls.
"Ugh, what the hell was that all about Maverick? That was so stupid! Why did you cry? It's so pathetic!" Maverick said quietly, flustered at how he acted. He then sighed.
"It's no wonder she'd rather hang out its that Leoquin! Get a grip Maverick! You still have things to do!" the fawn man then said to himself, heading to the kitchen. Ilasi's presence was making him blush, but was also making him sad. Was it due to her hanging out with Leoquin? Because of him ruining their friendship before it could start properly? Or was it because she was still upset with him? Maverick didn't know the answer, but nevertheless tried not to think too much of it. He went to the kitchen, took the tray, and headed to the brig where the prisoners were being kept. They were very restrained, so he didn't fear being attacked. While he gave a small, kind smile to the restrained people, he couldn't help but to still feel sad about this whole ordeal.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:03:00 10/10/2018 by Felines
#2365 Posted: 18:07:46 10/10/2018
The prisoners, seeing the food Maverick brought them, immediately came to life.
"Hey, look fellas! This one has food for us!" one called out, as the others began chatting amongst themselves for a brief period before they quieted down.
"He doesn't look too scary. Not like that other guy, anyway. Could've sworn he looked like one of those Ardent Guardian fighters, but those guys are monster hunters."
"If anythin', I wanna stay tha hell outta tha way o' that minotaur fella. I saw wha' he could do - men were like nothin' to 'im."
"Hey, you with the hair! Let's get some food here! I'm hungry!"
"Hungry? You ate right before the battle! Hey, food guy! Here!"
Before long, the whole brig was rife with calls for feeding.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2366 Posted: 18:52:06 10/10/2018
Maverick obliged with his fake smile, and soon every individual prisoner he their portion. Like with the sailors, he didn't look for any conversation. Their descriptions were barely insults to him, and they were tame compared to Leoquin and the Guardians. The fame of the latter was really getting them, not that there was anything surprising about that. He was glad when he left the brig. Now with both sailors and prisoners fed, Maverick was finally off duty... except for one important individual...

It was then that Maverick could finally smile honestly.
"Dahlia! How are you my sweetheart? Want a belly rub? Oh look at you, all dirty and messy. Mavericky will make it all better." he said happily, as he started to groom her, with the dirt buffalo playfully head butting him occasionally. They have really created a very strong bond.
---
#2367 Posted: 18:56:58 10/10/2018
"Thank-you.," Raclaw kindly said to Maverick before he once again departed the deck. Laying down next to the seated Latnok, he began to take a few sips from the bowl that had been perfectly suited for for someone of his statue. Chester stood between him and Latnok-- and began to chow down on the almost diced portion of meat offered to him. Raclaw offered a slight smile and began to think about the immediate previous conversation, when Risar shifted from his position on the opposite side of the deck and moved to approach the trio.

"Risar been thinking, watching. Your artifact-- it can take multiple forms can it not? First armor, than spike, than flat-- one offers protection, other offers offensive capability. Risar doesn't know its limits, but.. been thinking. Why not armor and spikes? Some degree of protection and some degree of offense. You've been lucky so far and I don't doubt your capabilities, but a little armor always helps-- just in case.," Risar offered eyeing the now seamless band that tightly rested against the fur dragon's tail. Raclaw briefly thought about what the minotaur's idea, but wasn't sure if there would be enough material for such an concept. "Well-- it might be worth a shot. Thanks Risar.," he responded with a polite nod. Risar offered a nod in return and and briefly waited to see that Raclaw would do. Otherwise, he planned to get some sleep soon and prepare for the days and weeks ahead.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:26:48 10/10/2018 by redwes
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8600
#2368 Posted: 20:32:38 10/10/2018 | Topic Creator
Shades stomach growled a little indicating he was hungry. He saw a rat and quickly pounced on it and ate it. He didn’t like it much but at least he had a little something.
---
SC
#2369 Posted: 20:44:59 10/10/2018
"Hmm, I doubt it could cover his whole body..." Latnok thought out loud. "But perhaps it doesn't have to. You see, Raclaw and I share a mental link. In combat, I can utilize an ability which allows me to see into the future for the next few moments, allowing me to reliably dodge and counter my opponents' moves. Now, normally, there are many possibilities, and you have to filter out the right one. Perhaps, if Raclaw was able to tap into the mental link to be able to share that vision with me, he could adapt his armor appropriately."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2370 Posted: 20:47:21 10/10/2018
Maverick enjoyed this brief moment of happiness with his dirt buffalo, forgetting about Latnok, Sere, Ilasi and even Angora herself. This was a moment for mount and rider alone. But while he was playing and grooming his beloved pet, Amgora continued c,eaning up the island, already gotten used to the children's company. More impressively, the kids even started to help with the cleaning themselves, motivated by the small yet strong Angora. The little troll even seemed to be befriending a nine year old girl.
"It's really impressive. You're so tiny, yet so strong at the same time. And you're working for these bunch of scary guys. I mean, they just saved us from those ugly pirates, but they're still scary. Aren't you scared?" the little girl said, taller than Angora but much weaker. Nevertheless, it didn't stop her from helping. Despite being curious, she didn't ask what Angora was, thinking that would be ruder than calling her small.
"You'll get use to it kid. You work with what life gives you. It will be happy, it will be sad, it will be depressing, but you just keep moving on like a fireproof armor, and always have faith that there is something better in the future." Angora answered, finally speaking to one of the children for the first time. She found children annoying, but she kinda liked this little girl.
---
#2371 Posted: 21:08:06 10/10/2018
"Latnok is right-- he already has access to the results of some of my mental abilities. There's no reason why I shouldn't be able to effectively do the same thing and.. and foresight should allow us to adapt the armor as needed. It's worth a shot, although we would need someone to test it on.," Raclaw said in agreement and looking at the minotaur. "Risar can test, but Risar may also break you-- are you prepared?," Risar responded somewhat reluctantly knowing that being gentle wasn't exactly his thing. He looked at Latnok awaiting a response. Meanwhile, Raclaw started to focus on the mental link and more especially-- that of Latnok's abilities. He also briefly thought to how to shape the artifact using what they knew so far about its limitations.
---
#2372 Posted: 21:12:58 10/10/2018
Latnok, in preparation, began tapping into his foresight - nothing happening immediately, but the fun hadn't started yet. "If Raclaw is comfortable with the test, then you're free to proceed," he said. "I'm ready - Raclaw, can you see the vision I see? The filtered vision - the one I've analyzed as the right path. Wait, I have an idea. I'm going to wave my hand. Let me know what you see in the vision." As he said he would, Latnok waved his hand at Raclaw briefly. "What did you see? Did you see that I would wave my hand? If so, you have the right vision."
---
I'm just... a guy...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:31:46 10/10/2018 by A Guy
#2373 Posted: 21:34:42 10/10/2018
As Latnok illustrated the ability-- Raclaw briefly saw numerous visions inadvertently tapping directly into Latnok's mind and briefly gaining access to the ability. Several images flashed through his mind, as he was presented with all the different possibilities all at once. "I saw the hand, but I also saw much much more. Is this how foresight works?," he said as he briefly looked at the other people milling around the ship. Someone was climbing a ladder-- and he saw the possibility of that person falling; breaking a bone or two in the process. However, he also saw that same person climbing without issue which much closer matched the immediate eventual reality. He observed someone mopping the deck and observed an similar incident with a fall. "Wait-- try it again and let me focus.," he then said getting to grasps with the concept. Risar watched and observed as the fur dragon seemingly saw into some kind of beyond.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:37:05 10/10/2018 by redwes
#2374 Posted: 21:43:30 10/10/2018
Latnok nodded. "Yes, that's it. Many possibilities - you do it enough, however, and you get a feel for what will actually happen, and that's the vision you need to respond to. I've spent countless hours practicing it - you want to have it down perfectly when it comes to life-and-death situations. Here, I'll try it again. Try to focus on what I'm focusing on, if that helps." With his foresight active, Latnok waved again once more, before putting his hand down. "How about that time? That any better?"
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2375 Posted: 21:47:46 10/10/2018
After a while, since they were on an island, Maverick decided it was better to take Dahlia out of that tight enclosure and let her experiment some freedom. He lead the dirt buffalo through the hallways near the kitchen, up the stairs and finally to the main deck. It was night already, but it didn't matter. At first, Dahlia was glad to breathe in fresh air even though she was a diurnal creature, but she soon started to panic when she spotted Veris and Shade. They were both creatures that preyed on her species, so it was a predictable reaction.
"Easy easy! Woah! Easy girl! There there. I'm here. Come on girl. Don't worry about anything." Maverick said to the frantic animal as she bellowed and kicked. She almost hit one of the boxes with the salvaged good, but thankfully, she didn't reach it, and Maverick could calm her on time before any damage could be done. He covered her eyes with his hands and then headed to the plank, giving a small smile to everyone present, even Sere and Latnok. He wondered where Ilasi was, but right now, he didn't want to think about her. He wanted to let Dahlia frolic around for a while before they had to leave again.

It was already night, and most of the children had curfew, so one by one, they left, finally giving the space Angora craved. But the little girl remained with her for a little while more, wanting to help this strange yet tiny and adorable creature...
---
#2376 Posted: 21:56:58 10/10/2018
Quote: A Guy
Latnok nodded. "Yes, that's it. Many possibilities - you do it enough, however, and you get a feel for what will actually happen, and that's the vision you need to respond to. I've spent countless hours practicing it - you want to have it down perfectly when it comes to life-and-death situations. Here, I'll try it again. Try to focus on what I'm focusing on, if that helps." With his foresight active, Latnok waved again once more, before putting his hand down. "How about that time? That any better?"

Raclaw nodded and focused directly on Latnok, filtering out all the other visions that immediately came to mind. From there.. he was quickly able to follow Latnok's focus and saw the hand. It waved frame-by-frame within his mind and he felt as if he could intervene at the moment-- allowing for ample time to bite, breath fire, or another course of action should he see it fit. He decided to test this-- putting his paw forward at the appropriate moment and attempting to stop Latnok's hand from falling about three fourths of the way down. Risar watched, not expecting the fur dragon's actions but impressed none-the-less. Chester watched as well, anticipating what Raclaw would do.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:57:27 10/10/2018 by redwes
#2377 Posted: 21:59:42 10/10/2018
As Raclaw put his paw forward, intercepting Latnok's hand, he stood still for a moment - then he gave a nod and a smile (which, as usual, was invisible under his helm.) "It seems you have a handle on how it works," he said. "Good job. Ready for some more arduous testing?"
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2378 Posted: 22:13:06 10/10/2018
"I'm ready.," Raclaw said with a nod looking at both Latnok and Risar. The minotaur began to draw one of his great axes, but stopped instead opting to a draw a fist and charging at the fur dragon with little notice. Raclaw at first saw numerous visions-- of Risar striking with his axe, of Risar charging like a bull and striking with his horns, and finally... *clank.* The loud sound of hard fist verses metal could be heard as the artifact seemingly adapted and immediately covered the desired spot with armor. As it formed-- it went up Raclaw's tail only forming a couple skeletal 'rings' for support. From there, it followed up up Raclaw's back forming two more harness-like rings. And finally-- a small section of armor appeared right where Risar's fist struck; doing little to no damage to ether the fist or the armor. "It.. it worked.," Raclaw said feeling the new skeletal structure that had formed as well as the new moderately sized piece of armor and now protected his side; right above the shoulder as well as a bit under his left wing. Risar, meanwhile, immediately withdrew his fist and shook it off.
---
#2379 Posted: 22:59:04 10/10/2018
Maverick had been a little worried that Latnok would forbid him to leave the ship, but it seemed like he was very busy with Raclaw,mor probably didn't mind, so he walked away while still covering Dahlia's eyes. The animal then felt the soil of the land, and got very happy.
"There you go Dahlia. Don't get in trouble now." he said as he let the dirt buffalo go, avoiding the people still cleaning the battlefield and disappearing into the foliage at the distance. This seemed like a nice place to release her, but Maverick has tried any times to do that and she always found her way back to him. Right now, he was glad she could have this moment of freedom, and as she disappeared into the foliage, he spotted Angora and went to her.

"Hey Angorita. Nice job with the cleaning." he said encouragingly, looking that she was in a better mood than before.
"Hey mister. You're a friend of her? You're funny... and..." the little girl said blushing, fascinated by Maverick as well. She found him quite handsome, not a face or an appearance she expected among this scary group of sailors and creatures.
"Oh hello there little lady. Seems you made a friend Angorita." Maverick said as he kissed the little girl's hand as if she was a princess, showing his gentleman side.
"More or less. She's been helping me with the cleaning. There were other children here, but they already left." Angora explained, smirking at Maverick's annoyingly polite manners.
"Wow, you two are friends? That's awesome! You have to be the strangest pair I've ever seen, but that is so cool!" the girl said ecstatically, eyeing Maverick's long arm hair. He then offered it to her so she could touch to her heart's delight, and was jumping of joy when she felt how soft it was. Angora smiled and chucked at the display. So this was the innocence of childhood, something that was denied to both her and Maverick. If only they had met much sooner, perhaps things would've been very different...
---
#2380 Posted: 23:28:06 10/10/2018
"Excellent! Just wonderful!" Latnok exclaimed. "Just one more tool in the fight. You know, Raclaw, I have quite a lot of faith that we can supplement each other in many different things well. I haven't been this happy to work with someone else since... hmm, I don't know. Since my first time joining the Guardians, I guess? Anyway, we seem to have the whole thing down - if Damon can tap into what you get from me as well, he should be able to handle the artifact while you and I focus on the fight. What do you think?" Though Latnok decided not to say as much, he was eager for the chance to test out the newfound coordination methods in the next battle. What the next battle would be, however, he could not say.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2381 Posted: 00:17:17 11/10/2018
Angora and Maverick continued bonding with the little girl, having quite a great time. Angora wasn't usually fond of children,mbut she and this little girl were hitting it off quite well. The child then spotted Veris on the ship, as well as the moving horns of Risar and the practicing Raclaw. The ship had many interesting creatures, as well as scary. However, there was one in particular that got the attention.
"Hey, that one over there, is that a griffin? They're not like in the books I've seen." she commented, finding Raclaw adorable despite his current condition.
"No, he's actually a fur dragon. Very rare species actually. They do look similar to griffins, don't they?" Maverick declared, concurring with the girl. Then, she was about to ask something, when she heard her parents calling.
"Alya! Alya! Come back here! It's getting very late." a woman was heard calling, followed by a man repeating nearly the same sentence.
"Drat! My parents are calling! Hey, are you going to stay here? I... I want to see the ship up close tomorrow. And... if you want, I can ask my parents to let you sleep here if you want to vary your rooms." Alya offered kindly, and offer that both Maverick and Angora were considering.
"That's very kind of you little lady. But we're fine for now. Perhaps we'll take on your offer later." Maverick said kindly, not minding sleeping in a normal bed for once. And Angora was of the same opinion. They then looked at Alya returning to her parents, receiving a big hug from them. Even though Angora looked neutrally at them, Maverick was sad that he never had a loving family like that one. Just a child with his two parents. Nothing else could be asked.
---
#2382 Posted: 00:41:24 11/10/2018
"Excellent! Just wonderful!" Latnok exclaimed. "Just one more tool in the fight. You know, Raclaw, I have quite a lot of faith that we can supplement each other in many different things well. I haven't been this happy to work with someone else since... hmm, I don't know. Since my first time joining the Guardians, I guess? Anyway, we seem to have the whole thing down - if Damon can tap into what you get from me as well, he should be able to handle the artifact while you and I focus on the fight. What do you think?" Though Latnok decided not to say as much, he was eager for the chance to test out the newfound coordination methods in the next battle. What the next battle would be, however, he could not say.

"Agreed.," Raclaw said with a slight nod and a gentle smile. "Damon--?," he then started to ask over the mental links. "Don't worry about it-- I've got this. If you can handle the offence, than I can certainly handle the defence. After all, it's in my best interest to keep you alive. Without you under that collar, there's no me and.. and you Raclaw are a curiosity that will sate my interest for a lifetime.," Damon spoke over the links revealing part of the reason for having helped the fur dragon as much as he had. Wanting to remain alive, albeit in form of an collar-processing entity, was certainly a valid reason and also offered a vague insurance that Damon presumily wouldn't do anything to harm his host. It was also true that Raclaw was rare specimen and that even without his more unique 'traits'-- he was already a member of a very rare and possibly endangered species. Damon couldn't have asked for a better host of a dragon. "Risar impressed-- Latnok right. You two make a very good team.," the minotaur complimented as Raclaw reverted the artifact to its initial form-- that of the seamless gold band. Chester offered an happy bark in agreement.

"In the spirit of supplementing, I may be able to offer something in return.," Raclaw than started to say thinking of Damon and how he had been able to warn Raclaw of many of the incoming threats simply by using his telepathic senses. "Do you remember how Damon was able to warn me of many of the incoming threats? Well-- it's no foresight, but I am able to get a general sense of the area merely by scanning it. Think of it as a more general foresight, less focused on the individual and more focused on the battlefield as a whole-- where they are, how many there are, who is friend, and.. who is foe. Take this ship for example--," something clicked in Raclaw's mind and a new 'image' was sent via the links. "This-- this is what I see when I expand my senses or what Damon may see even when my attention is elsewhere. Perhaps this may further enhance the foresight and allow you.. allow us to use it to a greater effect.," he then said as Latnok began to interpret what he was seeing.

It was a sensation similar to foresight, although not quite the same. If it worked, Latnok would be able to sense everyone on the main deck and instantly 'see' who they were. The sole crew member mopping the deck wasn't just a person anymore, but rather an unique soul with their own distinctive 'signature.' Every single person or creature on board was distinct and each signature could be tracked and found, so long as Latnok knew what to look for. Those with stronger ties to Raclaw, such as Chester or Shade, stood out above the rest and could presumily be tracked from even further. And for a brief moment, it would almost seem as if Latnok could read any one of those individuals minds. Raclaw would explain and answer any questions concerning what exactly Latnok was seeing-- and how it compared to the Guardian foresight. Foresight handled the future, while Raclaw's native telepathy was quite ample at handling the present. Theoretically, the two could be combined providing both a sense of the present and a sense of the future.
---
Edited 6 times - Last edited at 08:07:49 11/10/2018 by redwes
#2383 Posted: 13:10:24 11/10/2018
As Latnok focused, he could feel his sense of awareness grow - and extend to things within his area. He felt a good sense of where everyone around him was now, and was even able to distinguish between them. "This... is amazing," he said. "I know where everyone is - I know everything happening around me. Between this and foresight, I feel that we could effectively be able to respond to any situation on the battlefield without being taken off guard. I would like to give this a practice run sometime - I daresay that there will be an opportunity some time in the future." Latnok stood a while to bask in the feeling of knowing - he always despised unknowns going into battle, and this was one more tool to use to always stay a step ahead.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2384 Posted: 16:20:35 11/10/2018
"Agreed and I would very much like the same. Until now-- I've never used my abilities much for combat, as I've never had the need to. However, I see the potential and combined with your foresight... you and I could revolutionize the battlefield.," Raclaw said agreeing with the Guardian and thinking of the possibilities. With him and Latnok effectively being partners and sharing a powerful bond with each other-- the battlefield would indeed change. While one provided an ample sense of the present; the other provided a sense of the future. Just one of those abilities in and of itself would be useful to any warrior, as they had both shown in the immediate previous conflict. Combined however-- and he hadn't been this excited to try something new in a long long time.

Chester and Risar stood by-- one eating and the other merely watching as the two experimented. Regardless of whatever would eventually become of their relationship; it was clear that the two had almost been made for each other. That much was obvious to the minotaur and although Risar knew very little about Raclaw's exact circumstances, it was obvious that he and Latnok shared a very powerful bond. Mind link aside, the two only seemed to compliment each other and the fur dragon seemed more than happy explore that possibility. With one being a human and the other being a dragon; he wondered just how far the two would take that bond. Whereas the two would make powerful allies on land-- they might make even more powerful allies in the air. He was both curious and slightly envious of whatever would eventually become of Latnok and Raclaw. However, he wouldn't dare suggest such an action to Raclaw; a fur dragon to which he had only seen carry the injured and his beloved Chester thus far. Bodies and dogs were one thing, but to trust someone to that level-- would be something else entirely. That wasn't an idea he would force upon the two, but rather something that he would let happen naturally should it happen at all.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:22:11 11/10/2018 by redwes
#2385 Posted: 17:21:48 11/10/2018
From the island, Angora and Maverick had watched from a distance Raclaw's training ever since Alya left. The fawn man then looked at the little troll and smirked. It didn't take time for Angora to figure out what was on his mind.
"Tonight? No no, not tonight! He's already training Raclaw. Besides, I... kinda had a good time today. I don't want to ruin this day. I want to go to sleep without any conveniences." Angora excused, knowing Maverick too well to know what he was thinking.
"But just imagine it Angorita. You can learn so much, more than you already know. I know you're not a fan of the teacher, and I really can't blame you, but that shouldn't be an obstacle for your learning." Maverick suggested, trying to motivate Angora to learn, even if she had to ask Latnok herself. Angora however, wasn't going to have any of it.
"It's just not going to work! Alright? He hates me! You of all people know that! You have seen so yourself! I stopped with the insults, yes? But now he scolds and belittle me for simple body languages! There is just no way to please him! Everything I do is disrespectful to him! Can you believe he hit me with a wave of insults for not saying you're welcome on one occasion? I can't do absolutely anything without him stepping on me like a cockroach! I get scolded for everything! I scoff, it's bad! I exhale, it's bad! I avoid eye contact, it's bad! If I look like I'm glaring, it's bad too! I talk any way, it's worse! Everything I do is bad! It's like he, and now even Sere himself want to find whatever excuse they can to insult and belittle me at every turn! Oh, but they're allowed to do it cause everything is their rules, their way! To hell that I destroyed that Darkmatter! To hell that Aelinon wrongfully imprisoned us for crimes we didn't commit cause they were too lazy and racist for a proper investigation! They only remember the bad cause it's the most convenient to them! And those Guardians were more worried about their REPUTATION than US! Why are they such bullies? Why are they such monsters? They're guardians, you know, GUARDIANS! The name says it! They're suppose to guard and protect! But no, that's just for show! A stage name! They kill and bully! They always pick on the ugly troll cause it gives them pleasure! And if the troll vents and expresses herself, even when she's suppose to do it privately, it's horrible! Why don't they just say it? Angora, you're not allowed to express your hurt feelings. Keep them bottled up so they can torture you and be just a quiet, mindless little zombie with no feelings that do whatever we say." Angora blurted, full of hatred and frustration, tears flowing without stopping. Not only were Latnok and Sere picking on her, they allowed others like Leoquin to do so as well, and in his case, he did seemed to sadistically enjoy it, going as far as giving her and Maverick offensive nicknames.

Maverick didn't know what to say. Angora was too deeply hurt. Now he was feeling bad for suggesting to have classes with somebody that has brought her so much misery. He sat down and offered his lap, with the heartached little troll dropping her head on his chest when she did, continuing to cry ceaselessly. He was quite angry himself. The deal for going on this ship was that they wouldn't interrupt on Shade's training, not them abusing their power like that. He patted Angora on the head as she continued to sob, even going as far as to hug him. Pride and stoicism didn't matter anymore.
"It's alright Angorita. Let it all out. I know what it's like to have so many against you. Many don't understand our friendship, but I don't care. You have a very noble heart Angorita. And I am so lucky to have seen it in action time and time again, and if nobody else wants to see it, well, it's their loss. I'll be there for you Angorita. You will never be alone again. I... I apologize for not going with you when you left my father's ship, but fate was kind enough to reunite us again, and I won't make the same mistake. No use pushing me away Angorita. I know you want me to make my own life and be happy, but I'll never be truly happy knowing you're out there, all alone and without a friend or a family." Maverick said as he returned the hug, showing how increasingly loyal he was to the emotionally beaten troll, and explaining why he dismissed Angora's attempts to have him leave her behind. Right now, he was all she had. Angora embraced him tightly, not knowing what she would ever do without him. It was thanks to Maverick that she was able to endure this painful ordeal and maintain her delicate sanity. If it wasn't for the blatant difference in species, their embrace could easily be mistaken for a big brother consoling his bullied little sister.
---
#2386 Posted: 18:13:17 11/10/2018
With the trial of the combination of abilities done, Latnok had plenty of time to think. He considered the whole situation with Maverick and Angora - while Maverick was capable of being compliant, Angora seemed rebellious. Why? Why couldn't she just do the exact same thing everyone else was doing? Was it literally impossible for her? One thing was certain, however - after all of his experiences with her, his patience had run out. He would see them off the ship the next time they questioned or disrespected him or anyone else or caused trouble with the crew.
With his resolve on the matter having been determined, Latnok called out to the lone sailor on the deck. "Hey, you. Get our friend Shade here some food."
"Yes, sir," the sailor said, as he dropped what he was doing to obey. That was simple - no complaints, no body language, nothing but respect and obedience. Why was it so hard for Angora?
Keeping Shade starved would be pointless at this point - Latnok did not intend to give any more chances, so he wouldn't need to deny Shade meals to encourage Angora to be more respectful . There were so many men here he could count on to just do what Sere wanted without question or hesitation when the moment came - how could he trust someone who couldn't even avoid displaying contempt of any sort to not just do their own thing when it counted?
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2387 Posted: 19:01:43 11/10/2018
Unaware of everything else going on, troll and hybrid took this time to vent. They were off duty and off the ship, so this was a time for them to vent to their heart's content, especially the former. It was about two minutes later that Angora stopped crying.
"Oh boy, sure feels good to take that off my chest." Angora commented as she broke the hug to pace around and let out her remaining negative energy. She was even nervous about Latnok or Sere appearing out of nowhere and use her current venting as leverage to keep bullying her and make her feel like she did something wrong.
"Listen Angorita. I know these people have caused you much misery, heh, as if you hadn't had plenty of that already. I understand how that is, but don't think about them. Think about you and your family. I know it's hard to interact with señor Latnok, but just think of how much advantage you can have from his knowledge. Besides, señor Latnok isn't a bad man. And neither is señor Sere. They're just... a little obsessed with rules and ideas of respect, that's all." Maverick assured, still seeing them as good men despite all the bad times they have caused them.
"A little?" Angora repeated with a smirk.
"... I see your point." Maverick commented, leading to a chuckle from the both of them.

"Oh well, maybe you're right Maverick. Heh, as usual. Maybe we should get used to this lifestyle however we can and make the most of it." Angora said after a while, deciding that Maverick was making sense. It wasn't going to be easy, but she has been through worse than this.
"That's the spirit Angorita. If you need to vent a little more, you can. I've heard from a few sailors that we may stay here for a few days, so we can play with Alya whenever we're off duty and have a lousy day." Maverick said with a wink, knowing this was a child Angora liked, even if she wasn't ready to admit it.
"Nah. I think I discharged plenty today. I think I'm ready." Angora said, walking towards the ship and getting ready to talk to Latnok. When she got on it, her mood improved greatly when she saw Shade was being fed. Perhaps Maverick was right about those Guardians after all. She only wished they weren't so downright abusive with their scolds and punishments...
---
#2388 Posted: 19:25:24 11/10/2018
As Latnok continued his pondering, he thought of his plan for the morning; he would be up early in the morning to assist the villagers in several matters. Rumor had it that the islanders had a problem with a creature known as a cattlejacker; a large, mole-like creature which unburrowed every so often before grabbing livestock and running back underground before anyone could react. Regardless of what the creature actually was, he had to investigate. What to do with Shade during that time? Should he drag Shade with him? With his injuries and large size, he may just be a liability. Speaking of bringing others along, maybe a hunting dog wouldn't be too bad...
As he thought, he caught Angora and walking across the gangplank out of the corner of his eye - that gave him an idea. "Hey, Angora," he called out. "There's nothing to do right now, so go to bed. I have things to do tomorrow morning. You and Maverick will be responsible for Shade, and will be held accountable for him. Feed him, take him out, do whatever, I don't care; but I swear to the gods, if I hear about him acting up, there will be hell to pay."
---
I'm just... a guy...
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:19:53 11/10/2018 by A Guy
#2389 Posted: 20:26:31 11/10/2018
As Latnok pondered the coming day, Raclaw and Chester remained nearby-- the Beagle having finished up his meal. The two simply relaxed and pondered many things, such as their futures. Bored, Chester looked looked up at Raclaw and eyed the golden artifact that rested on his tail. The little Beagle was still rather curious about the artifact and wondered if it could do other things besides armor and weapons. "Hey Raclaw--," the little dog began to bark. "Yes?," responded with a single whine-like noise. "That artifact of yours-- can it form... something fun? Like a ball?," Chester asked with a tone of both boredom and curiosity. "Maybe, although it would still be attached to my tail. Perhaps something else... like this?," Raclaw responded in a playful tone as he lifted his tail-- and a large beagle-sized ring formed directly from the bottom of the artifact. As he stood up and moved his tail, the little Chester began to jump through the loop and two repeated the playful process. He gave a smile as he watched his furry four legged friend play.

Meanwhile, Risar had headed off to get some sleep for the day. He gave a simple nod to Latnok, Raclaw, and Chester before departing from the playful scene. He wouldn't personally own one, but he could see the appeal of having a dog. At the very least, they provided companionship and the occasional laugh. He gave what almost looked like a smile, before turning and heading to the lower decks.
---
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 20:43:40 11/10/2018 by redwes
#2390 Posted: 21:34:47 11/10/2018
As Latnok continued his pondering, he thought of his plan for the morning; he would be up early in the morning to assist the villagers in several matters. Rumor had it that the islanders had a problem with a creature known as a cattlejacker; a large, mole-like creature which unburrowed every so often before grabbing livestock and running back underground before anyone could react. Regardless of what the creature actually was, he had to investigate. What to do with Shade during that time? Should he drag Shade with him? With his injuries and large size, he may just be a liability. Speaking of bringing others along, maybe a hunting dog wouldn't be too bad...
As he thought, he caught Angora and walking across the gangplank out of the corner of his eye - that gave him an idea. "Hey, Angora," he called out. "There's nothing to do right now, so go to bed. I have things to do tomorrow morning. You and Maverick will be responsible for Shade, and will be held accountable for him. Feed him, take him out, do whatever, I don't care; but I swear to the gods, if I hear about him acting up, there will be hell to pay."

Angora looked quite surprised and pleased that Latnok would be kind enough to suggest her to go to bed instead of sticking her up with more chores, but then demonstrated he was still the same, harsh Latnok she knew with that last, brash sentence.
"Sure, yes. Of course." Angora said in a normal, polite tone, not acting up on his antagonism. She has cried and vented so much, she was starting to tolerate it.

She had to make a few pauses before speaking again.
"I didn't come here for that. Listen, I... I was wondering if you could teach me more magic. Your terms." Angora asked, stammering very little but having struggled to say those words. Her time with Alya and her venting with Maverick really did amazing things for her, and her rude, snotty tone had vanished. She wasn't scoffing anymore, and she even dared to look at Latnok in the eyes in a meek way, almost scared of him. For Angora, it was no different than looking at a demon, but if she could only prove that she genuinely wanted to learn and not just please him, then perhaps this was for the better.
---
#2391 Posted: 21:43:33 11/10/2018 | Topic Creator
Shade heard Angora finally put her pride behind her. He smiled and continued to silently watch.
---
SC
#2392 Posted: 21:58:25 11/10/2018
Latnok gave Angora a look of incredulity underneath his helm. This... was this the same Angora he was speaking to? Not only was she polite - which, after sufficient experience on board the ship, could be possible, eventually - but she went out of her way to ask him to teach her magic. Something had to be up...
"One moment, please," Latnok said. Reaching into his nearby bag, he fished around in the hyperspace pocket before he pulled out a familiar device - the resonating chime. In tune with his magic, he rang it - and a very soothing melody came out, one that could almost be felt at the very core of your being.
Angora didn't change. There was no shapeshifting involved. This was the real Angora. "Hmm... sure I can teach you some magic," he said in a soft, easy tone. "I'll teach you something tomorrow afternoon when I get back. If there's anything you have in mind, let me know - otherwise, I'll think of something." Regardless of whether she was pushed into it by Maverick or not, Angora seemed to be legitimately trying to be a pleasant person - and that spoke volumes to Latnok.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2393 Posted: 22:03:45 11/10/2018
Raclaw briefly paused what he was doing with Chester and watched as Angora actually asked for Latnok's help-- with the Guardian actually accepting and doing do without berating his former companion. Chester looked at Raclaw and wondered why the fur dragon had stopped, but soon found his answer upon following his friend's graze. The two quickly continued-- with Raclaw planning to tire the Beagle out before going to bed.
---
#2394 Posted: 22:14:04 11/10/2018
Angora scowled when she looked at the strange device, wondering just what in the world was that. She was a bit startled with the sound and raised her ears like an alert cat, but quickly calmed down when she realized there was nothing wrong about it.
"I have nothing in mind. I've been practicing by myself for a while, but I don't call off spells. I just think of something in particular and it usually comes that way." Angora explained, still with the same polite tone and normal breathing, explaining to him beforehand that her magic worked more with imagination rather than spell incantations. Perhaps that was the reason she couldn't nail the lessons before? At least Latnok stopped with the antagonistic remarks, so that really helped. She was relieved that she won't have to train with him tonight, but it still made her rather uneasy that she still had to go through the step. Nevertheless, she now knew she could calm herself with Maverick, and now that they were on an island, she could leave the stress of the sea and calm her temper properly. She started to wonder if it was really the ship an ocean the thing that got her into such a bad mood before.
---
#2395 Posted: 22:25:40 11/10/2018
"Well, that may work for some of the simpler spells - the more complicated ones will require you to know exactly how they function, however, at least if you want to get them right without spending outrageous amounts of time on them," Latnok cautioned. "But there will be more on that later. Get to bed. Prisoners will have chores in the morning, so just handle Shade."
Latnok still had one more request he had to make of Raclaw. "Hey, Raclaw, can you ask Chester if he's up for a little hunting tomorrow?"
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2396 Posted: 22:47:26 11/10/2018
Chester was midway through jumping another loop when Latnok posed the question; and Raclaw gave a nod indicating he understood. "Last loop.," he barked as he raised his tail higher than he had before. Pausing before commiting to the jump, Chester briefly leaned back on his back legs and sprung into the air-- making the job and landing safely on the deck. Just then, Raclaw retracted the loop and reverted the artifact back to its initial 'tail band' form. The seamless band once again rested towards the tip of his tail, with no visible attachments or weaponry. "Hey listen-- sorry for cutting you off there, but Latnok has a request. He wants to know if you would be up for a little hunting tomorrow morning. Some fresh air, a chance to get off the ship-- what do you say?," he asked the Beagle in dogspeak using various barks and other dog-like noises. "Hunting? I can't say that my old masters ever took me hunting, but.. but I would be willing to try. And.. and I have a good nose!," Chester barked back in an excited tone. He started running around and under Raclaw-- and looked up at Latnok. "It's confirmed-- he's willing.," Raclaw said with a big grin upon seeing the Beagle so excited.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:47:53 11/10/2018 by redwes
#2397 Posted: 23:02:28 11/10/2018
"Then it sounds like we have a plan," Latnok said. "We leave at dawn tomorrow morning. Get some sleep now. If the creature's anything like the typical cattlejacker, it most likely has a cave network. I'm sure we're all getting used to those by now - from there, it's just a matter of finding where it is, which is where Chester comes in handy. Once we find it, it won't put up much of a fight - some fight, but not much. If that's everything, then I'm going to turn in for the night." Latnok looked at the others as he said the last part, waiting to see if anyone else had anything to say.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2398 Posted: 23:02:53 11/10/2018
"Ok." Angora responded calmly, with a small, involuntary smile. For now, she was more than happy that she would be able to spend some time with Shade like the old times. She was going to make sure nothing happened this time. Shade acted up those two times because she wasn't with him, but maybe if he could see she was there for him, he would be under control.

Having permission to be with him, she headed towards the glancing Shade, glad to see him with a full belly, or at least for the most part.
"Hey big guy. Looks like we'll be spending some time together. Now then, don't be naughty, or I won't be afraid to spank you." Angora remarked with a mix of joke and seriousness, knowing that he was partly at fault for being in this situation. Nonetheless, she wanted to help him, even if it meant receiving the support of the Guardians.

Meanwhile, Maverick was visiting Alya and her parents, wanting to get to know them. They didn't like her little girl talking to strangers, especially the weird creature that was Angora, but they appreciated him taking the initiative to talk to them so they could know him better. He even talked about the girl's wish to visit the ship. While they forbade it at the beginning, enough persuasion from the visitor and the daughter was enough to convince them, but only if their little girl didn't hung around the vessel for too long. Maverick promised to be her tour guide and protector while there. Thinking that Angora would be training for a while, Maverick decided to stay there for a while and bond with the sweet little girl, while the kind parents were warm enough to treat him with some tea and dumplings while he was there.
---
#2399 Posted: 23:07:53 11/10/2018
"Then it sounds like we have a plan," Latnok said. "We leave at dawn tomorrow morning. Get some sleep now. If the creature's anything like the typical cattlejacker, it most likely has a cave network. I'm sure we're all getting used to those by now - from there, it's just a matter of finding where it is, which is where Chester comes in handy. Once we find it, it won't put up much of a fight - some fight, but not much. If that's everything, then I'm going to turn in for the night." Latnok looked at the others as he said the last part, waiting to see if anyone else had anything to say.

Raclaw simply looked at Latnok and gave a nod, motioning for Chester to follow. "Come on Chester-- you'll need all that energy for tomorrow. You heard Latnok, we're getting up bright and early.," he said looking down at the beagle with a smile as Chester happily followed.
---
#2400 Posted: 23:50:48 11/10/2018 | Topic Creator
Shade chuckled a little. “You know I won’t.”
---
SC
First | Previous | Page 48 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me