Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Selfies of you in your favorite things to wear
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Selfies of you in your favorite things to wear [CLOSED]
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6059
#1 Posted: 23:26:19 06/05/2018 | Topic Creator
I did once post a picture of me wearing one of my favorite shirts in one of the post-a-pic topics a long time ago. Came to regret it, now I never post my face on dS ever again.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
TheFlyingSeal Diamond Sparx Gems: 8512
#2 Posted: 23:30:50 06/05/2018
Quote: Seiki
I did once post a picture of me wearing one of my favorite shirts in one of the post-a-pic topics a long time ago. Came to regret it, now I never post my face on dS ever again.

What happened, if you don't mind me asking?
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
#3 Posted: 23:56:44 06/05/2018 | Topic Creator
Quote: TheFlyingSeal

somePerson took a number of people's pictures from the topic (including mine) and used them in some meme video without asking anyone if they were ok with it. Didn't expect any real punishment for it, but Mods didn't even give a slap on the wrist or a "please don't in the future" and instead just told those of us who'd had our pictures used that it was our own fault for posting pictures to begin with and sP was completely justified in using them as a result.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#4 Posted: 23:57:47 06/05/2018

somePerson took a number of people's pictures from the topic (including mine) and used them in some meme video without asking anyone if they were ok with it. Didn't expect any real punishment for it, but Mods didn't even give a slap on the wrist or a "please don't in the future" and instead just told those of us who'd had our pictures used that it was our own fault for posting pictures to begin with and sP was completely justified in using them as a result.

yeah i also murdered your family too
willspyro Ripto Gems: 5862
#5 Posted: 23:58:24 06/05/2018
I can't believe you even remember that after all these years lol
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#6 Posted: 00:00:33 07/05/2018

"Yeah, it's your fault that he bullied you because you let him bully you"

I mean, what kind of ***** excuse is that?

No matter what, nobody should just grab random photos and throw them out for everyone and their Mothers and Fathers to see.

What would happen if some ****head went to the Post a picture of yourself topic and took random photos and put them into a video on youtube, is it the people who posted the picture's fault for posting the pictures in the first place?
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
Thunderdragon14 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8087
#7 Posted: 00:02:41 07/05/2018
why are we butthurt go away

i like taking selfies in dressing rooms and then send it to all my friends and ask them if i look ugly
i wanna go post a selfie in 1 of my favorite shirts brb
---
Quote: Alydol
go back to whining about your fish
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:05:34 07/05/2018 by Thunderdragon14
#8 Posted: 00:02:47 07/05/2018 | Topic Creator
Quote: Sesshomaru75
I mean, he was. :/

Regardless of who may be right or wrong, it means I choose not to post a picture of myself anymore.
---
#9 Posted: 00:04:36 07/05/2018
He wasn't "bullying" him, though. :/ He made the meme for several users with absolutely no malicious intent whatsoever, and literally no one else complained. If you're that sensative to something as trivial as that, that's a you problem, not SP's.

Oh

The way Seiki described it, I thought it was some huge forum scandal or something

I don't have a problem with SP, he's a great user(or she) I just think he should actually get other's permission to post photos on the internet, and I hope he learned that lesson.
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#10 Posted: 00:06:32 07/05/2018
Quote: King-Pen Krazy

No matter what, nobody should just grab random photos and throw them out for everyone and their Mothers and Fathers to see.

What would happen if some ****head went to the Post a picture of yourself topic and took random photos and put them into a video on youtube, is it the people who posted the picture's fault for posting the pictures in the first place?

i literally put his face on an office depot ad
#11 Posted: 00:07:40 07/05/2018
Quote: somePerson

i literally put his face on an office depot ad

Oh my god I really need to look more into things

Are those videos even public?
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
willspyro Ripto Gems: 5862
#12 Posted: 00:07:47 07/05/2018
[User Posted Image]

tbqfh
#13 Posted: 00:11:24 07/05/2018
Oh my god I really need to look more into things

Are those videos even public?

Only if you have the link, and I'm pretty sure that they get deleted after a while.

Ahhh

K

Jesus, I am terribly stupid sometimes, Sorry guys
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#14 Posted: 00:15:57 07/05/2018
To defuse the situation a little bit and explain the situation that I was able to gather:

Seiki posted a picture of himself in the selfie topic. Because it was the holiday season, somePerson took the faces of those who posted their pics in the topic and used them in those annual elf dancing videos that people typically do with pictures of their family and friends. He did this with a bunch of pictures, so nothing was specifically targeted. It was all in good fun, and the majority of the people found it light-hearted and humorous.

However, Seiki had a problem with it because somePerson used it without permission. While that is a good reason to get upset, the reason why sP didn't get punished is because darkSpyro doesn't have any rules or guidelines when it comes to image sharing and use. Because it was a photo taken and posted by the person in it, it doesn't technically break any privacy laws for sP to use it in a publicly approved video that is even used as advertisement.

If you want to follow copyright rules, sP legally is still in the right, because he uses it as a parody. Again, his intent wasn't to "bully" or target anyone, I think he just wanted to use the silly elf dancing program that is family friendly but requires photos.
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
#15 Posted: 00:19:04 07/05/2018 | Topic Creator
I do understand that there was no malintent on his part and don't hold a real grudge over him for it or anything. It just served as a lesson to be more careful what I post when it was like the only time I'd ever actually posted a picture of myself and was originally kinda nervous about doing so in the first place.
---
Pokemon2 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3814
#16 Posted: 00:24:42 07/05/2018
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
If I take a selfie again, I would absolutely wear my favorite clothes.

But it's only IF I do.

Which your favorite clothes are tank tops and shorts.
---
Moved to TimDrake, talk to me there.
#17 Posted: 00:25:34 07/05/2018
I do understand that there was no malintent on his part and don't hold a real grudge over him for it or anything. It just served as a lesson to be more careful what I post when it was like the only time I'd ever actually posted a picture of myself and was originally kinda nervous about doing so in the first place.

Yeah bro, I totally understand. I still don't think that you should avoid posting pictures of yourself all together - love yourself! Show the world how beautiful you are! Here's an idea: in the future, put a disclaimer with your photos. Say something like "please don't use my photo without permission," so that way this doesn't happen again.
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#18 Posted: 00:30:23 07/05/2018
Quote: Pokemon2

But it's only IF I do.

Kinda weird how you remember that BUT there was a favorite clothing topic, recently, right? Guess you remembered everyone's huh?
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Pokemon2 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3814
#19 Posted: 00:32:25 07/05/2018
Quote: Pokemon2

But it's only IF I do.

Kinda weird how you remember that BUT there was a favorite clothing topic, recently, right? Guess you remembered everyone's huh?

Yes I do, that topic is why I made this one
---
Moved to TimDrake, talk to me there.
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#20 Posted: 01:23:46 07/05/2018

I was not aware of this.

Technically, it's legal. But in any case, it's an ethically horrible thing to do on an Internet forum. somePerson should be Ripto'd. There is no reason he should still be here.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:27:49 07/05/2018 by Metallo
#21 Posted: 01:27:04 07/05/2018
Quote: Metallo

I was not aware of this.

My gut tells me this is illegal, but let me look it up first to be sure. None of you can sue, of course (unless you registered your photo as copyright)

In any case, it's an ethically horrible thing to do on an Internet forum. somePerson should be Ripto'd. There is no reason he should still be here.

I'll admit it, I totally blew my top when I read it as well, just look at the other posts here and then you'll see
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#22 Posted: 01:30:47 07/05/2018
Using someone's image or likeness without their permission is a slippery slope ethically and legally. Sure, it wasn't offensive and he didn't mean anything by it, but since they let it slide, what's stopping anyone else from doing it maliciously?

The mods should be ashamed of themselves for using that dumbass argument. You can't hold someone responsible for someone else's actions.
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 01:42:52 07/05/2018 by Metallo
#23 Posted: 01:31:32 07/05/2018
Using someone's image or likeness without their permission is a slippery slope ethically and legally. Sure, it wasn't offensive and he didn't mean anything by it, but since they let it slide, what's stopping anyone else from doing it maliciously?

The mods
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:34:51 07/05/2018 by King-Pen Krazy
#24 Posted: 01:34:02 07/05/2018

The mods

You're missing the point.

The precedent has been set that this sort of thing is okay and will not only be tolerated, but those who oppose it will be shouted down. That's a bad precedent.
#25 Posted: 01:35:55 07/05/2018

The mods should be ashamed of themselves for using that dumbass argument. It's no different than justifying sexual assault based on a victim's clothing.

It is incredibly insulting to compare the hardships and trials sexual assault victims have to deal with to using someone's photo on a dancing elf video.
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
#26 Posted: 01:36:33 07/05/2018
...Are you okay?

No, I'm not okay. This is wrong and it should not have been allowed.

The mods should be ashamed of themselves for using that dumbass argument. It's no different than justifying sexual assault based on a victim's clothing.

It is incredibly insulting to compare the hardships and trials sexual assault victims have to deal with to using someone's photo on a dancing elf video.

Of course. I meant the logic.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:39:39 07/05/2018 by Metallo
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8179
#27 Posted: 01:39:48 07/05/2018

Uh not even logically.

Taking someone else's picture without permission is like taking 1 lolipop out of a jar full of lolipops. Not people wanting to force themselves onto others.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
#28 Posted: 01:40:55 07/05/2018

No....the logic that was used is still not the same...

There's still a big difference between excusing rape because someone was wearing an outfit, which is a SUBJECTIVE SENTENCE, to posting a picture of yourself on the internet and having it be used on a harmless video simply because they were unaware of internet photo sharing laws.
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
#29 Posted: 01:41:03 07/05/2018
Quote: Trix Master 100

Uh not even logically.

Taking someone else's picture without permission is like taking 1 lolipop out of a jar full of lolipops. Not people wanting to force themselves onto others.

I mean, it kind of depends
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#30 Posted: 01:41:35 07/05/2018
lol remember when metallo posted a picture of a snake he killed. i guess thats ok though smilie
#31 Posted: 01:42:00 07/05/2018

Uh not even logically.

You know what I mean. You're telling someone that they should be held responsible for someone else's actions. That's wrong and you know it's wrong.

I do see what you're saying and I'll edit my post accordingly. I didn't mean to divert it.
#32 Posted: 01:43:44 07/05/2018
lol remember when metallo posted a picture of a snake he killed. i guess thats ok though smilie

Alright, I'm not gonna even ask
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#33 Posted: 01:44:27 07/05/2018
This is not a moral or political issue. This is an ethical and legal issue.

This is not my usual philosophical or ideological stuff, there are real, tangible consequences for doing things like this.

somePerson, someone could've very well attempted to sue you for this. They would've lost, of course, but this sort of thing can be a big deal. Don't downplay it.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:46:20 07/05/2018 by Metallo
DirtPrincess Green Sparx Gems: 276
#34 Posted: 01:45:20 07/05/2018
Incredibly rude, nobody has asked Pokemon2 what their favorite thing to wear is.

Pokemon2, what's your favorite thing to wear?
---
Change my mind - Taylor Swift
#35 Posted: 01:48:40 07/05/2018

Uh not even logically.

I mean, it kind of depends

Yeah it kind of depends on what you use the picture on but I still would not compare it to sexual assault or rape. But considering the selfie and photographs are more around public domain than copyrighted material, ya can't really do a lot about it.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
Thunderdragon14 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8087
#36 Posted: 01:48:48 07/05/2018
honestly i just came here to post a selfie in my favorite clothes but we turned this into a stupid debate over someP putting someones face on an elf video for 5 min and now we talking about suing and whatever
why do we care so much damn lol get over it
---
Quote: Alydol
go back to whining about your fish
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:49:09 07/05/2018 by Thunderdragon14
#37 Posted: 01:50:19 07/05/2018
lol remember when metallo posted a picture of a snake he killed. i guess thats ok though :)

Dude, I'm not attacking you as a person. This has nothing to do with morals. I am saying that what you did was barely legal. People go to court for **** like this every day.

Regardless, you shouldn't have compared the two at all. It shows how much you'll reach to make a "point", when there's absolutely no point to be made in the first place. :/

As someone who has been sexually assaulted myself (More than once, if I must add), the fact that you compared the two, regardless of what "logic" you saw in it, honestly disgusts me.
I lost a lot of respect for you after last night, but now I think I have next to none. :/

You're right. I'm sorry.
#38 Posted: 01:51:28 07/05/2018
Quote: Thunderdragon14
honestly i just came here to post a selfie in my favorite clothes but we turned this into a stupid debate over someP putting someones face on an elf video for 5 min and now we talking about suing and whatever
why do we care so much damn lol get over it

Yeah, Let's get back to the topic at hand

I've never actually taken a selfie
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
DirtPrincess Green Sparx Gems: 276
#39 Posted: 01:52:21 07/05/2018
Not to derail this topic even further, but Metallo didn't compare sexual assault with using someone's picture without their permission at all?
I don't agree with the point he made as I don't see what someperson did as a big deal, but he's not equating it to assault. Chill out.

On the actual topic, I haven't posted any selfies here but weirdly enough most of the selfies I've taken are in comfy clothes. Usually whatever I'm wearing to bed.
---
Change my mind - Taylor Swift
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:54:11 07/05/2018 by DirtPrincess
#40 Posted: 01:53:23 07/05/2018
What I'm saying is that the mods should not have just brushed this off and dark52 should've been made aware of it. This could've been much worse than it was. Thankfully it wasn't, but it could've been.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:53:53 07/05/2018 by Metallo
#41 Posted: 01:53:57 07/05/2018
Alright if the fighting is done I'll ask JCW to clean up this thread.
---
icon from Empoh
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me