darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > The BEST Way To Revive This Franchise
Page 1 of 1
The BEST Way To Revive This Franchise
truegamer64 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1334
#1 Posted: 17:53:02 28/04/2018 | Topic Creator
this game was a flop, straight up. and we haven't heard anything about a new game since then. but, i think i know the best way to revive skylanders...

copy fortnite - free to play, micro transactions

fortnite is the most popular game right now, and is free to play, with micro transactions that dont even give in game advantages. if skylanders had micro transactions that would allow you to buy characters in-game, this game would be revived. another thing is to lower the price of just about every figure you can get

ok so imagine this: skylanders 7, free to play
you can either download the game to your console or buy it in store, for a much cheaper price. why would anyone buy in in store? because it will come with a portal and 3 figures. you can have that option to buy the full game + portal for $10 total
so digital version + 3 digital characters = free
in store version + portal + 3 figures = 10

now you can also buy figures in store. let's say the price of a regular core character is $4. you can either buy that character in store for $4, or buy in ingame using the micro transactions. the in store figure would also come with a code, that you could type into the game in case you didn't buy the portal, you could still use it
this also eliminates the problem of not being able to find a certain figure, well now every character is always available in game

another thing i would like changed is the way characters are released. from when i used to play, they used to release the game alongside wave 1, then wave 2 VERY shortly after. wave 3 would be around december, wave 4 around april, and wave 5 spread out during spring/summer. i would never really care about waves 3, 4, or 5 just because when i had waves 1 + 2 i already completed the game, or at least what was available of the game. instead of waves, they could release maybe 15 characters on the day the game is released, then release anywhere from 2-4 characters every week
skylanders 7 should not be like the other ones. this game should have constant updates. fortnites getting updated every week. i know the way to success is not to copy, why play a fortnite copy when you can just play fortnite? but this is different. epic games is creating a new formula for how new games should work. constant updates keep players, thats a fact. so there shouldn't be a poster with all characters for that game, they should just release new characters and levels from surprise
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:54:47 28/04/2018 by truegamer64
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#2 Posted: 19:35:09 28/04/2018
The problem of having spent about 2000 bucks until this game and being told to spend more still stands.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#3 Posted: 04:32:11 30/04/2018 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bifrost
The problem of having spent about 2000 bucks until this game and being told to spend more still stands.

you’re acting like you have to buy everything. imagine if the next game only required one character from each element to 100%, using elemental gates. you wouldn’t have to buy anything else you can just use what you have.
#4 Posted: 11:29:58 30/04/2018
The only game where you HAVE to buy new figures is Superchargers. The issue is locking too much extra content behind them and having little to no content unless you use figures, or with Imaginators, nerfing every non-new character far too much.
---
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5683
#5 Posted: 12:03:22 30/04/2018
You never had to buy new figures for any game, SSC included. To access everything--everything that matters, at least--Trap Team and especially Imaginators were the worst offenders. For TT you had to buy ten Trap Masters and eleven Traps, and Imaginators needed you to buy ten Senseis or more along with ten Creation Crystals--and neither are including the adventure packs!

SSC has a remarkably low bar for completing the game, as you only 'need' to buy two additional Vehicles--which, as Zap so clearly noted, have not sold well, and thus are cheap and easy to find. Especially in comparison to STT and, to an extent, SI.

On-topic however, I don't think the free-to-play mechanic would work well due to consumer trust in Skylanders.
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:05:34 30/04/2018 by zookinator
#6 Posted: 12:36:01 30/04/2018
Oh yeah, forgot about Instant Hot Streak for Digital Owners. Still, tons of missions locked behind having both vehicle and figure. TT actually had a lot of ""free"" content, but from SG ownard we were still looking at less and less time to complete the story mode, give or take some challe ges.
---
Halvmorke Emerald Sparx Gems: 4391
#7 Posted: 13:13:09 30/04/2018
They were more like mini-games than actual missions. SC is, after Giants, the less greedy in the whole franchise, and that's a fact.
---
Elite: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Senseis: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
ViDeOmAnCiNi Platinum Sparx Gems: 7055
#8 Posted: 13:21:05 30/04/2018
So totally on board with a game only and NO further figure/portal/crystals/etc purchases. I've said this all along that they needed to build a larger, software only release that encompassed ALL of the current figures and plastic products to solve the entire game. That way people would buy up all of the remaining stock and they *could* re-release popular items although I'd just rely on Amazon/Ebay/Fakebook for acquiring any of them if need be. IMHO

-v
---
♫ "Many dreams come true and some have silver linings, I live for my dream and a pocketful of gold" ♫

FiUSAwS:G! http://bit.ly/R3L1lb
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#9 Posted: 14:16:39 30/04/2018
you are finally getting a spyro game, and that was what everyone wanted instead of skylanders in 2011. but you all now want a revival of the skylanders game that was a exploitative wallet robber *shakehead* i will say this i am happy the skylanders games are gone and hope they never will return.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#10 Posted: 15:37:52 30/04/2018
TBH, I think Skylanders has potential to come back, but very possibly with out the toy aspect.

And Sess is right, in fact we all know this, the fact that Skylanders has SO MUCH untapped potential. TBH I think it'd be best as an action platformer that is started to become. Imagine Skylanders with SMO-esqe levels. Oh baby that gets me goin'.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8506
#11 Posted: 16:27:38 30/04/2018
I think what Activision will do if they want to revive Skylanders is do a Tony Hawk/Guitar Hero thing where they let the series die for 3-5+ years, do a comeback game, and see how it does. I think Activision might separate Spyro from Skylanders (Spyro isn't a draw to Skylanders anymore, Giants and Swap Force made that abundantly clear, and on the flipside of that, Spyro didn't save Skylanders from declining from Trap Team to Imaginators), but I could see a Skylanders 7 releasing in 2020-2022, but man, the next few years will be barren for Skylanders fans.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:03:02 30/04/2018 by JCW555
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5337
#12 Posted: 14:07:20 15/05/2018
I think they should limit it to ten new figures, with a very minor gimmick that makes them stand out while not being overbearing. Then they should make all the figures in the series (including the ten new ones) available digitally through an online store.
---
Boop me if you see this.
EmperorKaos Emerald Sparx Gems: 4392
#13 Posted: 21:33:43 20/05/2018
well the point of skylanders was the toys so digital part kinda ruin it

and original spyro is just a bunch of stealth mini games idk how well that one will age
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#14 Posted: 22:38:23 20/05/2018
Quote: EmperorKaos

and original spyro is just a bunch of stealth mini games idk how well that one will age

Ok, sorry... What...?

I don’t want to derail this conversation, but either I misunderstood what you said or you have very faint memories of those games.
They couldn’t be more different than how you described them.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:52:20 20/05/2018 by Drek95
#15 Posted: 23:44:58 20/05/2018 | Topic Creator
Quote: CountMoneyBone
you are finally getting a spyro game, and that was what everyone wanted instead of skylanders in 2011. but you all now want a revival of the skylanders game that was a exploitative wallet robber *shakehead* i will say this i am happy the skylanders games are gone and hope they never will return.

i’m finally getting a spyro game? no you’re finally getting a spyro game. i didn’t grow up with spyro and don’t care for it. i’m posting this on a skylanders sub-forum because it’s about skylanders

they already started to separate from toys to life with the switch version. and if they every do an online store with digitial characters im sure the figures would still be an option
#16 Posted: 14:05:58 21/05/2018

I have no idea what Spyro game you played, if it was Spyro at all. You might be thinking of Ape Escape.

Also, it's Skylanders, not Toylanders. It's about floating islands and heroes, not the figures.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:06:21 21/05/2018 by Bifrost
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#17 Posted: 15:26:26 21/05/2018
If they come back it won’t be TTL for sure and the figures will most likely be in game or they will do a complete reboot and ignore the banished to earth part.
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#18 Posted: 18:09:27 21/05/2018
Bear with me here, but I'd like to see them pull a Legend of Spyro in a few years to appeal to the original Skylanders audience who've grown up.

I'm not saying "darker", but something more serious, less linear and potentially toy free.

Or, you could reinvent the toy aspect. Bigger, well-made figures that are actually worth the money, and less of them at that. Perhaps you really could play the game with only one - a sort of avatar for your character, a mix of a classic 'corelander' with a dash of imaginator freedom.

That said, I can't see Skylanders ever coming back. I feel like it's left fans bitter, between overpricing and overall just missing its potential.
Halvmorke Emerald Sparx Gems: 4391
#19 Posted: 20:29:53 21/05/2018
Quote: Bifrost

I have no idea what Spyro game you played, if it was Spyro at all. You might be thinking of Ape Escape.

Also, it's Skylanders, not Toylanders. It's about floating islands and heroes, not the figures.

Disagree. It's been crystal clear since the beginning that the bussiness was in the toys rather than the games, and that saling figures is what made the money. So, from an economical viewpoint, Skylanders hasn't any sense at all without the toys.

And just to make it clear, I'd love it not to be that way, but things are the way they are.
---
Elite: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Senseis: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#20 Posted: 20:32:57 21/05/2018
A more mature Skylanders game would be nice TBH three years from now the franchise is going to celebrate it’s 10 year anniversary they need to show growth...imaginators felt very childish and boring and I’m kind of getting bored of them introducing 40+ characters every year and then ignore them the following year. I want a game that focuses on lore and character development.
#21 Posted: 21:01:44 21/05/2018
Quote: Halvmorke

Disagree. It's been crystal clear since the beginning that the bussiness was in the toys rather than the games, and that saling figures is what made the money. So, from an economical viewpoint, Skylanders hasn't any sense at all without the toys.

And just to make it clear, I'd love it not to be that way, but things are the way they are.

I know it's toys first in business terms, but I'm thinking of the IP itself. The toys can be removed with an excuse and it doesn't really stop being Skylanders; while removing the team and making it just one character, for example, would remove a lot of the identity.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:02:01 21/05/2018 by Bifrost
#22 Posted: 21:56:08 21/05/2018
They can make more money if they made the game actually good instead of mediocre and focus on 10 characters rather 300 because 300 characters are going to limit many things and will be more memorable for non skylanders fans.
EmperorKaos Emerald Sparx Gems: 4392
#23 Posted: 17:08:34 22/05/2018
Quote: Drek95

Ok, sorry... What...?

I don’t want to derail this conversation, but either I misunderstood what you said or you have very faint memories of those games.
They couldn’t be more different than how you described them.

try run all the way till the end on a lvl and see how long it takes
lvls only get bigger if you play the minigames to get the orbs or eggs
#24 Posted: 18:00:29 22/05/2018
How is Skylanders any different...? In fact, Skylanders has a timer, speedrunning in Spyro became a thing much later.

And in the second paragraph you're just talking about Yooka-Laylee. Please at least watch some gameplay before you start assuming everything wrong.
---
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#25 Posted: 00:21:40 13/07/2018
I miss skylanders smilie Id love a new game that worked with our existing stuff. We dont need reposes, just make it 10 new figures one for each element or do 20..2 for each. If one had to then 10 new and 10 repose but ya.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:22:27 13/07/2018 by SlayerX11
ExcitonKnight Gold Sparx Gems: 2745
#26 Posted: 07:04:05 28/07/2018
Preferably not at all tbh
---
Merry Christmas ya filthy animal
ViDeOmAnCiNi Platinum Sparx Gems: 7055
#27 Posted: 13:34:08 30/07/2018
I'll say it again... they just need to produce a really good game w/o any dumb gimmick(s) that supports ALL of the past figures and combine them in different ways to solve the puzzles. They would probably end up having to re-issue many past figures if the game was good enough to get beyond us core 'Landers fans.
---
♫ "Many dreams come true and some have silver linings, I live for my dream and a pocketful of gold" ♫

FiUSAwS:G! http://bit.ly/R3L1lb
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me