Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > What's your favourite Spyro videogame? And why?
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
What's your favourite Spyro videogame? And why?
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#51 Posted: 20:40:56 06/01/2019
dotd is my favorite Spyro game for all the wrong reasons. the parodies that came out of it, the laughably bad art direction on the DS version, the infamous moment where sparx’s model doesn’t work properly. i will give dotd one thing, though. it gave me one of my favorite Spyro comics.

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

YotD on the other hand
-most of my favoirte levels come from yotd
-the baby dragons are seriously the cutest
-i liked playing as other characters (save for sparx)

now if only they’d fix the thing in lost fleet in reignited
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:43:28 06/01/2019 by parisruelz12
cowolter Red Sparx Gems: 48
#52 Posted: 09:42:07 15/04/2020
Spyro 2 is the best in the trilogy, and one of my favourite games of all time. All the levels are so memorable, and the worlds have such a great serine ambience to them that the other 2 games just don't seem to quite nail.
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3900
#53 Posted: 13:21:43 15/04/2020
ohhh it's hard for me to pick any one favorite. spyro is my comfort franchise for better or for worse...

insomniac era - spyro 3 - my first memories of spyro come from this game, so there's a special place in my heart for it. one of my earliest memories of spyro is accidentally starting a new game in spyro 3 because i could read very little and had no idea how to use a ps1.

mid-era - etd - it (rightfully) gets so much hate. again, i have good memories playing it with my dad for the first time. we accidentally got to the ripto portal early via glitch (i think...) and ran into the cryptic "your work is you, don't let you down" line. last time i played it, it was fun to hunt for glitches, which isn't something i usually encounter when i play other games.

tlos - etn - i was obsessed with it when i was in 1st/2nd grade. i don't know why it stands out more than anb for me. i think my investment in the story increased, especially because of the mysterious chronicler. when i played it last, i was surprised by the downer ending, but i'm not sure why that didn't stick out for me the first time around. also the gba version is a blast.

skylanders - sa - i was so so so so excited when this came out. i was in 5th grade at the time, and still the target audience. i wrote an article about it for school and made up a song to the tune of "camptown races". i played it with my sister (who is not much into videogames). it was both a frustrating and beneficial experience playing co-op.
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me