Forum

Skylanders Academy

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Academy > SA Spoiler Discussion Season 2 Edition: Revenge of Spoiler
First | Previous | Page 4 of 5 | Last
1 2 3 4 5
SA Spoiler Discussion Season 2 Edition: Revenge of Spoiler
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#151 Posted: 01:48:29 07/10/2017
Ok, but seriously, why does everyone want to eat the ****ing Mabu this season?
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#152 Posted: 02:23:29 07/10/2017
Zap, Eon didn't commit Genocide. He literally says he sent them to another realm. No killing done.

Loved this season. The finale is fan-friggin-tastic

Pros

I love all the characters, new and old. Great development for most of them, even Bad Breath!

The story choices. Near all of them I think are great. With the exception of Malefor being Cynder's Daddy. Still not a bad relationship between them though.

Expanding on the characters like TfB and VV would NEVER do. Spyro's parents? Kaos' dad? THE SKYLANDERS HAVE FAMILIES? THAT'S SO COOL!

Animation seems to have gotten nicer, moves better too.

NO SPYRO X CYNDER! HUZZAH!!!!

Jokes are GREAT. Oh my God. When the guy Mabu tried to swipe Malefor, I found that so damn clever.

D A R K S P Y R O

Strykore is pretty cool too. Looks like he's Eon's twin brother. Great design.

Cons

Music is bad, like it's composed well, but it's so bad when you hear it. It's clearly done on a computer and sounds awful.

Wish we saw more Skylanders, like, at least 6-7 more would have been great. Same goes for the places in Skylands. Lots of Falling Forest....again.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 02:49:09 07/10/2017 by HeyitsHotDog
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#153 Posted: 03:12:00 07/10/2017
^ he also said he has no idea if they're alive or not. so it's like a 50/50 chance mate
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#154 Posted: 03:42:12 07/10/2017
GOD DAMN IT ACTIVISION WHY DON'T YOU ACTUALLY MAKE THE GAME STORYLINES THIS ENJOYABLE?! *facedesk*

So, yeah, I watched the season. I don't care if it seems like a budget show, I really do like it. And I've pretty much moved on from cartoons, save for this one. I'm not sure what it is, but the show's just fun, even during its more serious moments. Somehow, someway, Eric and co. were able to balance out the ensemble cast with a mere 13 episodes. Everyone got their moment in the sun... except for Wolfgang, who basically had not a damn thing to do the entire season. But I don't really care; I'm not particularly attached to the character.

Of course, I'm a bit disappointed the season basically went with a similar format to season 1 (everyone gets one episode of focus, semi-slice of life stories, but it all comes together in the finale) although there's at least a bit more episode-to-episode continuity. Like with the games, Kaos gets a very strong character arc. But unlike the games, so does Spyro. Hell, even Eon gets one and Chris Diamantopoulos continues to do a perfect job voicing him.

Cynder's absolutely adorkable and this take on Malefor is miles better than what DotD gave us (not that that's a very high bar). He and Strykore are unmistakably Jim Cummings, channeling that usual "evil" voice of his (with a hint of SatAM Dr. Robotnik for Malefor to boot). I'm genuinely curiously to see what these two villains are going to do next season. Especially since it looks like the Doom Raiders were unceremoniously given the boot.
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:43:12 07/10/2017 by HIR
#155 Posted: 03:47:53 07/10/2017

nothing like an upbeat pop song to remind you that we've gone from a show about friendship and teamwork to a show about betrayal and destruction in just one season :3
SkyFan91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1806
#156 Posted: 04:05:44 07/10/2017
Man the forums haven't blown up like this in quite some time. Now we just gotta wait for the mobile game in Q1 2018. Wonder when it'll get revealed? Either way imma just sum up my thoughts *breaths in heavily* AMAZING 10/10 AWESOME BRILLIANT GENIOUS MALEFOR VS SPYRO HAS HAPPENED ONCE AGAIN AND OOOOOOOOH NINJINI WAS GREAT TOO SHES ALWAYS BEEN MY FAVOURITE GIANT AND ACADEMY REMINDED ME WHY I LIKE NINJINI AND OH MAN OH MAN ALOT MORE CY AND BAD BREATH ARE BEING APPRECIATED THATS LOVELY THE FIRE VIPER TALKS AND THAT ACTUALLY WORKS SURPRISINGLY AND THE BUILD UP AND REVEAL OF STRYKORE WAS GREAT AND THE BUILD UP TO SPYRO'S PAST WAS GREAT TOO AND SO MUCH MORE!

Now VV if you don't make an excellent story that tops Superchargers and academy I'm going to be mad. At you. NAAAAAAH WHO AM I KIDDING VV WILL DO GOOD BUT BACK ON TOPIC SPROCKET IS EXCELLENT AND AS ZAP SAID WHEN IN THE HECK DD SHE GET TO BREAK IT DOWN LIKE LUCIO?!

Ok excitement overload has commenced and is done for the night wow what a day!
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#157 Posted: 04:15:47 07/10/2017
I love chill's Russian accent I'm glad that they kept that <3
I also liked jet-vac's father design he looks like a tougher version of jet-vac. I was also hoping that dream catcher would of have stayed a skylander for more epsoides smilie She was cute being all friendly and shizzzz with the cadets and Stealth Elf.
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#158 Posted: 04:38:39 07/10/2017
So season 3 would be arround Strykore then?
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#159 Posted: 11:56:16 07/10/2017 | Topic Creator
Both Strykore and Malefor. I'll guess the Doom Raiders will sit this one out but I doubt they're gone as villains altogether, they'll probably seek out an artifact or something.

Also, can someone ask Eric what's up with the lack of Hex on Belly of the Beast? Pre-release he told us there was a good reason, but we never even heard the characters mention her, and Cynder and RB are close to her.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:22:28 07/10/2017 by Bifrost
#160 Posted: 12:05:28 07/10/2017
I really wanted to see more of Trigger Happy , Flashwing , Kaboom and Snapshot I don't like the fact that they ignored most characters this season. I miss Kabooms funny lines that were present in season 1.
#161 Posted: 15:10:33 07/10/2017
Quote: Bifrost
Both Strykore and Malefor. I'll guess the Doom Raiders will sit this one out but I doubt they're gone as villains altogether, they'll probably seek out an artifact or something.

Also, can someone ask Eric what's up with the lack of Hex on Belly of the Beast? Pre-release he told us there was a good reason, but we never even heard the characters mention her, and Cynder and RB are close to her.

The only reason she wasn’t there was because it was supposed to be a 5 pairs of Skylanders and Hex just wouldn’t fit the cast they had already assembled for it.
#162 Posted: 15:25:10 07/10/2017 | Topic Creator
Yeah, but still salty there wasn't a line like the excuses they had for Bad Breath in S1. I like Split Decision but the entire impact of that episode dissipated faster than mist when Hex only makes cameos for the rest of the season - not even a mention she's training out of classes or something.
---
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5357
#163 Posted: 18:36:17 07/10/2017
I thought it was because the writers didn't consider Hex to be racist.
---
Soon.
#164 Posted: 23:25:05 07/10/2017 | Topic Creator
Also, fun fact for anyone still watching: the spells in this season are all subtitled, and they're actually normal words in reverse. Going back to read Skull's was an adorable surprise smilie

Please forgive my grave mistake, a friend who didn't give but would always take.

I think they're backwards in S1 as well, but there's no subtitles, so it's impossible to understand the real phrase.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:25:53 07/10/2017 by Bifrost
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#165 Posted: 02:06:17 08/10/2017
Also, fun fact for anyone still watching: the spells in this season are all subtitled, and they're actually normal words in reverse. Going back to read Skull's was an adorable surprise smilie

Please forgive my grave mistake, a friend who didn't give but would always take.

I think they're backwards in S1 as well, but there's no subtitles, so it's impossible to understand the real phrase.

*ugly sobbing*
#166 Posted: 04:07:21 08/10/2017
glad they changed food fight's voice this season. sounds more like him.
#167 Posted: 04:10:15 08/10/2017
Quote: ZapNorris

They didn’t tho

Billy West did the character in both seasons and the game.
#168 Posted: 04:12:20 08/10/2017

They haven't changed him he just stopped talking like a surfer and if I recall he actually has the same
Voice actor from the games.
#169 Posted: 04:36:28 08/10/2017
hmm.. his voice in S2E9 seemed more like his in-game voice
#170 Posted: 05:36:36 08/10/2017
hmm.. his voice in S2E9 seemed more like his in-game voice

Dude he has the same voice actor from ththe games it's just that he stopped talking like a surfer lol
#171 Posted: 14:59:06 08/10/2017
How would It Techs Two undermine Jet-Vac/Episode 2?
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#172 Posted: 15:05:38 08/10/2017
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

It doesn’t. Both aspects address two specific flaws of JV’s character. E2 was about his control freak nature and It Techs Two is about him being too prideful
#173 Posted: 15:06:20 08/10/2017 | Topic Creator

It goes back to his issues with feelijg old, but I don't agree with that notion since you never really stop doing that. However, in Belly lf the Beast, he breaks characters to give a 40-part strategy plan, though Spyro stops him and opens the portal early.
---
#174 Posted: 17:06:39 08/10/2017
I kinda wish they kept Skull's design from the games.
---
#175 Posted: 17:36:58 08/10/2017

They did tho????

[User Posted Image]
#176 Posted: 17:40:50 08/10/2017
Quote: TheToyNerd

They did tho????

[User Posted Image]

Oh! I was thinking Skull was based more on Hex's S2 Wow-Pow. Kind of an obscure character to make real, tbh!
---
#177 Posted: 17:46:24 08/10/2017 | Topic Creator
Skull is based on the figure which is why he has the orb, Eric probably wouldn't have the time to upgrade EVERYONE just to see each and every power, just the first few. Actually, on Hex, he probably only saw the first two since she doesn't do anything but make her hands glow a bit e_e

I was actually expecting Skull to have a super form based on Skull Buddy, but I guess that 20 minutes was too much development for a B-Teamer.
---
#178 Posted: 20:34:35 08/10/2017
Also, I'm pretty sure Strykore is voiced by Fred Tatascoire, not Jim Cummings. It sounds closer to Fred's deep voice than Jim Cummings. Really, really tough to tell though. It does have a similar texture to Snap Shot's, who is voiced by Fred.
---
#179 Posted: 20:37:46 08/10/2017 | Topic Creator
I think Eric said something about using him for both villains, but I could be wrong, it's better to ask him directly.

Also, speaking of the big boi, I went back to get a quote and noticed his spell is a trap; unlike Skull and Kaossandra(I think) that recite only the words backwards, his entire chant is reversed as well.

Live may I more once so you consume it let. He was getting Kaos to say that. Is there any more doubt that he was lying through his teeth about the family stuff?
---
#180 Posted: 20:43:19 08/10/2017
I think Eric said something about using him for both villains, but I could be wrong, it's better to ask him directly.

Also, speaking of the big boi, I went back to get a quote and noticed his spell is a trap; unlike Skull and Kaossandra(I think) that recite only the words backwards, his entire chant is reversed as well.

[i]Live may I more once so you consume it let.[/i] He was getting Kaos to say that. Is there any more doubt that he was lying through his teeth about the family stuff?

What would that mean then? It's an odd way to say something.
---
#181 Posted: 20:56:21 08/10/2017 | Topic Creator
Let it consume you so once more I may live. Before Spyro was brought up, Kaos was the one who'd get his juices siphoned, his horrible memory saved his skin.
---
#182 Posted: 20:58:40 08/10/2017
Let it consume you so once more I may live. Before Spyro was brought up, Kaos was the one who'd get his juices siphoned, his horrible memory saved his skin.

Oh-ho dang, that's quite the catch. And wow does it make Strykore seem like an absolute jerk.
---
#183 Posted: 21:04:59 08/10/2017 | Topic Creator
Well, his signature ability already is remove someone else's free will and possibly put them in life threatening danger with the look of those Mabu in the flashback. Eon did something horrible because he got desperate and couldn't control his magic, Strykore does it because he can.
---
#184 Posted: 12:59:59 09/10/2017
I noticed that Flashwing only talked in the first epsoide of season 1 and The first epsoide of season 2.
Trigger Happy on the other hand have made on appearance only and that’s in Split decision + He hasn’t had any lines this season.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:01:36 09/10/2017 by KingMed
#185 Posted: 15:44:32 09/10/2017 | Topic Creator
Trigger Happy actually appears on Thankstaking for the Memories for 2 seconds at the start and end of the episode. That... Counts, right?

Also, can we talk about this?

[User Posted Image]

TeamTO was doing so well with flashback pictures and ****ed up real hard this season. Eon has a beard in the same time he's KNOWN to have none and brown hair, and we have a blue dragon in this supposed picture about purple dragons(and indigo and green dragons in other pictures). Seriously?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:36:05 09/10/2017 by Bifrost
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 13842
#186 Posted: 18:40:09 09/10/2017
I don't think they ever specified that Spyro's ancestors were purple, just that they had the same type of scales.
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
#187 Posted: 18:42:52 09/10/2017
Quote: dark52
I don't think they ever specified that Spyro's ancestors were purple, just that they had the same type of scales.

True, actually. Even in the Flu episode, Spyro mentions the durability of his scales, not it's color.
---
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5357
#188 Posted: 19:45:54 09/10/2017
But the beard thing... that’s gonna bother me for a while.
---
Soon.
#189 Posted: 20:29:52 09/10/2017 | Topic Creator
Cynder's biography goes on to explain Spyro is the only purple dragon, though. I might have to use that term on the wiki until we actually see them up close, because I have no idea what's about Spyro's scales that are any different from other scale textures. The tail makes sense, but it didn't seem to be the main subject.
---
shadowfox Platinum Sparx Gems: 5084
#190 Posted: 20:37:39 09/10/2017
The dragon in the back of the picture might simply be blue tinted because of eons magic spell if you look at the lighting. The wings are still purple.
#191 Posted: 20:44:20 09/10/2017 | Topic Creator
Nah, the previous picture is on a beige sky and the dragons are still entirely different colors. In fact, in the Core picture, they're fighting purple monsters ._.
---
shadowfox Platinum Sparx Gems: 5084
#192 Posted: 21:37:16 09/10/2017
Hmmmm maybe they did it because Cynder and Malefore are different colors, to re confirm scale type isnt color type. That seems a shame but maybe they are trying to take it away from the Dungeons and Dragons aspect of scale colors
#193 Posted: 23:48:56 09/10/2017 | Topic Creator
Huh, whatddya know, HIHD, Strykore IS voiced by Fred Tatisciore. I think I wrote that right. That's the last person I was expecting to voice the greater scope guy.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:49:27 09/10/2017 by Bifrost
#194 Posted: 00:47:18 10/10/2017
I FRIGGIN NEW IT! I KNOW MY VOICE ACTORS TOO MUCH! Fred also voiced Magnus in KIU. He's got a wondefully talent voice range.
---
#195 Posted: 00:50:03 10/10/2017
Now that you mention it, I guess he does kind of remind me of Neftin Prog when you remove that guy's voice filter. <.<
---
#196 Posted: 04:37:48 10/10/2017
okay but did we find out who jason ritter voiced?? is he even in this season or is he not until S3?
#197 Posted: 11:24:27 10/10/2017 | Topic Creator
He could be one of the Hydra voices, Berserker, or the Arkeyan Juggernaut.

Edit: oh ok nope, he's Dark Spyro. So used to Justin Long changing his tone mid episode I didn't notice it was no longer him.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:26:03 10/10/2017 by Bifrost
#198 Posted: 13:24:09 10/10/2017
oh my

gonna be hard to take dark spyro seriously when all i hear is dipper lol
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#199 Posted: 20:22:37 10/10/2017
Where was Cynder during the time all the Skylanders went to see their family?
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
#200 Posted: 20:30:54 10/10/2017 | Topic Creator
The campus? Ka-Boom left the premises, so someone has to do patrol.

Speculating here, the plot is delicious but you can tell they barely had any time to cram in sentences to explain things like in S1. You either show Spyro/Kaos development or you take out a minute to say Hex just goes to a spa during Thankstaking.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:31:58 10/10/2017 by Bifrost
First | Previous | Page 4 of 5 | Last
1 2 3 4 5

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me