Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > Nintendo Direct General Discussion Topic
First | Previous | Page 8 of 9 | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Nintendo Direct General Discussion Topic [STICKY]
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#351 Posted: 16:26:07 26/08/2020
I'm legitimately wondering if Nintendo has any first party stuff for the rest of the year.
This isn't me being a toxic Nintendo fan or anything, I genuinely don't care, but it's really looking like Nintendo won't have anything to show for quite some time. Do they even have anything in development? It's clear they don't have anything to release.

They need to just be transparent about this situation.
#352 Posted: 16:57:48 26/08/2020
Quote: Drednaw
i'm fairly certain we're still getting the second part of the SWSH dlc this year so i guess that counts but other than that idk

It’s probably my pessimism but I honestly don’t even think we’re getting that. Even though the date said by end of 2021, I wouldn’t even say we’re getting a Smash fighter by the end of the year, if the pass isn’t shortened which I have a feeling it will be.
I really genuinely think they have nothing planned until 2021 (maybe mid-2021?) and the things people seem to be really excited for like Metroid Prime 4, BOTW2, and Bayonetta 3 are probably still in pre-production.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8443
#353 Posted: 19:41:05 26/08/2020
nintendo is probably just waiting for those sweet sweet winter sales with most of their big titles. usually this time of year you get newer ips or spin offs such as splatoon or Mario sports game. wait for November or December for more news about botw 2 and similar titles.
fyra Platinum Sparx Gems: 6425
#354 Posted: 20:04:52 26/08/2020
So I can still hope for gameplay of SMTV and ports of rare Gamecube titles like Baten Kaitos?
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
#355 Posted: 06:00:12 27/08/2020
Quote: fyra
So I can still hope for gameplay of SMTV and ports of rare Gamecube titles like Baten Kaitos?

lol no
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6606
#356 Posted: 00:53:22 31/08/2020
[User Posted Image]
Being Bayonetta Fan is suffering
---
Gay 4 GARcher
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5364
#357 Posted: 14:24:36 03/09/2020
Hey guys i went to go get a laptop, what did I mi- OH OK
---
Soon.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#358 Posted: 15:31:24 03/09/2020
The lack of SMG2 makes me think we'll get another All Stars with SM64DS, SMG2, and perhaps 3D Land.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:31:45 03/09/2020 by HeyitsHotDog
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#359 Posted: 19:04:31 03/09/2020
wtf why is nintendo doing this disney vault rubbish?
#360 Posted: 19:42:33 03/09/2020
On one side, I do want 64 and Sunshine, also only own Galaxy 2 not the first but on the other limited physical and digital is digusting. Oh well can always track down 64DS and a copy of Sunshine to play on my old Wii(my Gamecube is broken unfortunately)....the problem it's scummy due to how expensive Nintendo games are on Amazon.
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
BroGuy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1079
#361 Posted: 20:02:11 03/09/2020
Quote: Sesshomaru75
- Charging $60 for three ports of old games, when remakes like N. Sane and Reignited were remakes that included three games each as well despite being only $40. ("Nintendo tax" is garbage, and you cannot change my mind on this)
- Couldn't even be bothered to include Galaxy 2 in the collection despite how praised it is, and despite the fact that they could've easily fit it onto the cartridge with the other three games with no issues whatsoever.
- The game is going to have both a limited physical and digital release for whatever awful reason, despite how much money Nintendo makes.
- This collection was announced only two weeks in advance, giving hardly anyone enough time to get their hands on it before scalpers buy them all up and sell them for what will likely be an extremely inflated price on eBay.
- You also need Joy-Cons for Galaxy because this is just a quick cash grab and thus not worth the effort to them. (Which is completely unfair if you prefer playing in handheld mode, or have a Switch Lite with no separate Joy-Cons on-hand)
- While it was obviously expected, this is all made worse because they're releasing 3D World's port separately for another $60. (Thankfully it seems like it's more than just a port, since it has added content like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Pikmin 3 Deluxe)

Mario is their biggest, most recognizable, and most beloved franchise, and it is also the franchise's 35th anniversary. On top of that, Nintendo is the richest company in Japan right now.
And despite all that, you're telling me that this is the best they could come up with? That it's "okay", just because we're "lucky to get it at all"?

I'm sorry, but Nintendo really dropped the ball on this one. One of the most anti-consumer things I've ever seen from them, and that's saying something. :/

These are pretty much my thoughts as well, really. I'm gonna pass on this collection and spend my $60 on 3D World +. I refuse to spend $120 on Mario. I've said elsewhere that it's amazing to me that Nintendo got whooped by Activision here. one of the greediest, money grabbing, microtransaction implementing companies sells individual, ground up trilogy remakes for $40 with Crash and Spyro. It's now Nintendo being anti-consumer baffilingly. why couldn't they do at the very least, at bare minimum a remake of Super Mario 64 in Odyssey's engine? they had three years to do that.
---
NoUb
ThroneOfMalefor Platinum Sparx Gems: 5391
#362 Posted: 23:20:11 03/09/2020
Preordered on Best Buy because like Sess said, this game is gonna sell for hundreds eventually and it'll be impossible to have one. But 4:3 aspect ratio Mario 64 in 2020, imagine that lol. They're lucky they have fans that lap up their load like me
---
BREATHE AIR.
semp123 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3232
#363 Posted: 03:51:44 04/09/2020
really wondering about the motivations for limiting the digital release of the collection. obviously covid is currently affecting project development and nintendo's trying to put their foot in the door for the season, but are this and mario 35 going to be superseded by more "complete" products (and delisting the previous ones to avoid product confusion) in the months after the holidays, with fear-of-missing-out driving sales as a bonus perk, or are they catering to an obsession with scarcity in a more cynical way and driving people to buy something they wouldn't go for otherwise, in what's currently a rough economic time? they testing the waters for future "limited" releases like this? idk.
seeing people's responses to this, the nintendo classic systems and stuff like limited run games* points to how effectively game companies can embrace scarcity tactics to improve sales and as a trend and i'll admit i think that's sort of worrying.

* who tbf is way smaller than the big n, and may need to do this to survive, but im just in general miffed on the idea of video games as collectible trading cards
#364 Posted: 05:09:12 04/09/2020
I'm not much of a Mario fan, but damn this direct got me excited. Nabbed myself and my gf 2 mushroom splatfest shirts so I guess we picked our team already lol

I really want that new Game & Watch, but with that screen quality it's probably gonna be pretty expensive. I'll be honest, I'm willing to shell out a fat Benjamin for it, but anything more and I walk since I don't see myself actually using it much.
I want Mario Kart Live but since it comes with a CAMERA BASED RC CAR and I;m about to live in an apartment in a few months, it's probably not gonna happen.

I am very excited to have 3D All Stars, since it's a limited run my gf and I teamed up and will share the copy, since I just want it to replay Sunshine and try 64 for the first time, while they want to play everything. It's a bit weird to me that it's a limited run but as someone who actively buys physical editions of indie games that wouldn't be able to afford it without some sort of deal with a limited run company (Celeste, Undertale, Golf Story, VA-11 Hall-A, etc.) so I'm not too bothered by it, but it's a baffling move. An equally baffling move is LucasArts partnering with Limited Run to do a bunch of Star Wars reprints despite being owned by Disney, but that's a discussion for another day.

I'm honestly only going to throw money at it because I'm not waiting until the price ends up being massively inflated on eBay due to scalpers, but god damn I'd be lying if I said I'm not furious over how poorly this is being handled. :/
(Especially after how much the rumors hyped everything up)

Honestly? The price for everything is already inflated just by announcing it.
I know that's a weird sentence but hear me out. This direct we got:
-The (probably) expensive revival of a classic Nintendo IP for the modern day (Game & Watch)
-A new, innovative way to play games that will likely have few print copies due to the special hardware it requires, Similar to Ring Fit and Labo (Mario Kart Live)
-The revival of physical My Nintendo rewards and missions (anniversary pins and Splatfest keychains)
-Exclusive clothing, like the Callie vs Marie and FinalFest before it (Mushroom vs Star Splatfest shirts)
-Further promotion of special limited time products (LEGO, Puma, Hasbro, etc)
-A limited run reprint of some classics in one bundle, similar to Super Mario All Stars or Kirby's Dream Collection (Super Mario 3D All Stars)
-Not in the direct, 2 amiibo to go along with 3D World + Bowser's Fury, likely in a two pack and likely not to get printed again like all other Mario amiibo (Cat Mario and Cat Peach amiibo)

What's the common denominator between these products? They all are limited edition and scarcity inflates their value on sites like eBay. Every single one. And that's likely what's going to happen to these products, even the smaller things like shirts and keychains. The only things I don't see this happening with is 3D World + Bowser's Fury because as far as we know it's a regular release, and the LEGO sets since theyre so readily availible at most physical retail spaces. Everything here is going to get scalped. Every single thing here is going to be a collectors item with inflated value, whether its a game, piece of clothing, or an accessory. Nintendo took their usual strategy of artificial scarcity and applied it to everything shown off in the direct in one way or another.

I know I made this huge point about how hard everything is going to be to get, but if you're proactive enough, they won't let it sell out.
Unless they actually recall every copy of 3D All Stars, I'm sure there will be enough copies and prints of the game that you should be able to find it at some stores with a little searching after March 2021. I'm super used to this with all the games, amiibo, pop figures, and special blu-ray runs of movies that I collect so I'm not bothered by it at all, but I can understand people's frustration.
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6072
#365 Posted: 06:24:56 04/09/2020
Quote:
I want Mario Kart Live but since it comes with a CAMERA BASED RC CAR and I;m about to live in an apartment in a few months, it's probably not gonna happen.

This is rather the downside to me too. I'm all for a new MarioKart, but basing on a camera based RC car just feels like it unnecessarily limits it. I'm in a decently sized house, but the layout still doesn't feel like it favors it enough to be worth buying. Kudos on them for trying their damnedest to keep Toys-to-Life alive though.

The bundle seems really disappointing to me too. The limited availability is more just icing on the cake for it. Lacking Galaxy 2, when both should really go together is such an oversight on their part that really makes it less interesting from the get-go. Then while it's cool to have the port of SM64, I think I'd have preferred if they went for SM64DS instead as doesn't that one have some updates and such going for it? It feels like porting over the inferior version to me. On top of that, I do agree that it just being 3 ports for $60 is a bad move, even if it's some of Mario's best console titles. I wouldn't have really gone into it expecting full remakes, but full modern AAA price seems a bit much.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#366 Posted: 13:35:48 04/09/2020
how sad, fans can make a better port than nintendo

#367 Posted: 13:51:08 04/09/2020
Quote: Drednaw
"NiNtEnDo HiRe ThIs MaN!!!"

-----
#368 Posted: 18:46:38 04/09/2020
well duh, its just embarrassing to see some random fans put more effort into a remaster than a billion dollar company. lol the switch one isnt even widescreen
#369 Posted: 18:55:01 04/09/2020
activision puts more effort into remasters than nintendo lol
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8443
#370 Posted: 07:34:18 05/09/2020
cant wait for 2 of the 3 games to be downloaded for the physical
ThroneOfMalefor Platinum Sparx Gems: 5391
#371 Posted: 08:10:04 05/09/2020
They'd better not for a full price game lol imma riot. Though that might make All-Stars a little less enticing for reselling in the future especially after Switch goes vintage and eShop dies
---
BREATHE AIR.
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#372 Posted: 15:50:52 16/09/2020
Quote: Blackholes_Wolf
activision puts more effort into remasters than nintendo lol

That's what really baffles me about all of this. Activision is one of the greediest companies in the industry, but it's kind of depressing that they're putting in more effort into things like this than Nintendo of all companies.
Granted I don't necessarily think that Nintendo needs to remake these games like Activision has been doing with Crash, Spyro, etc., but they could at least put a little more effort than whatever the hell they're dong with this.

To be fair though, Activision didn't remake the Crash and Spyro trilogies out of the goodness of their heart, they did it because it allowed them to reintroduce Crash and Spyro to the mainstream audience without taking a risk on a brand new game. Whereas Mario doesn't need to be reintroduced, because he consistently gets brand new games.
---
Boop me if you see this.
Halvmorke Emerald Sparx Gems: 4411
#373 Posted: 16:41:31 16/09/2020
It has been discovered that 3D All-Stars is not a HD port, it contains the ROMs of the original games with the addition of widescreen...

https://www.xataka.com/videoju...riendo-emulador

(Sorry, I didn't find any known reliable source in english...).
---
Elite: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Senseis: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#374 Posted: 01:37:03 17/09/2020
Persona 5 Strikers tomorrow or we riot
#375 Posted: 15:23:30 17/09/2020
I’m utterly shocked by how amazing the new mini direct was...could have never expected that.
---
KrystalLBX Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#376 Posted: 19:05:55 17/09/2020
MONSTER HUNTER STORIES TWO, AND THE PROTAGONIST AND THEIR RATHALOS ARE THE CHILDREN OF RATHA AND "RED" THE PROTAGONIST OF THE FIRST GAME. NOW THAT'S WORTH 60 DOLLARS!!!

In case ya can't tell I am absolutely hyped about it

MH Rise is ok
---
Pokemon Shiny Hunter
Gastrodon Fangirl
Currently dating someone
willspyro Ripto Gems: 5862
#377 Posted: 20:31:45 17/09/2020
Man I wish I had a switch
First | Previous | Page 8 of 9 | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me