Forum

Poll

Favourite CTR:NF Spyro skin?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > Pokémon Topic (Warning: Dexit Talk Banned)
First | Previous | Page 73 of 73
1 2 3 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73
Pokémon Topic (Warning: Dexit Talk Banned) [STICKY]
KrystalLBX Gold Sparx Gems: 2069
#3601 Posted: 13:17:16 17/06/2020
NEW POKEMON SNAP GAME

AND A ZERAORA RAID, THAT IF WE BEAT WE WILL ALL GET SHINY ZERAORAS. (once one million of them are defeated)

ALSO MORE NEW NEXT WEEK!!!!!!!!!!

BE HYPED

New Pokemon Snap
[User Posted Image]
---
Pokemon Shiny and Mark Hunter
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:25:12 17/06/2020 by KrystalLBX
Bifrost Platinum Sparx Gems: 7201
#3602 Posted: 14:24:43 17/06/2020
Lorge Torterra
---
I do art!
MAHARI YUWARE GAAIE SABANARE
AMARE DIRAHI JUMAGI GANASHARA
#3603 Posted: 20:49:39 17/06/2020
Hey so um a feature everyone has been asking for, yeah it's back in the Isle of Armor.

POKEMON CAN FOLLOW YOU IN THE OVERWORLD AGAIN IN SOMETHING OTHER THEN LETS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
---
somePerson Platinum Sparx Gems: 5610
#3604 Posted: 21:38:31 17/06/2020
Quote: KrystalLBX
Hey so um a feature everyone has been asking for, yeah it's back in the Isle of Armor.

POKEMON CAN FOLLOW YOU IN THE OVERWORLD AGAIN IN SOMETHING OTHER THEN LETS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but gamefreak lazy :(

pokemon snap 2 also looks really beautiful. glad that because the gameplay is so lacking that they only focused on animations of the pokemon because thats all it needs to be. really good animations of pokemon doing pokemon things. also cant wait to brush my teeth with eevee
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:42:44 17/06/2020 by somePerson
#3605 Posted: 21:59:19 17/06/2020
Well, the new feature also seems like it wasn't tested even once and went back on issues that Let's Go already had working well so, uh, GF lazy, or extremely rushed out of the door.

I REALLY hope Snap 2 has as many environments as possible for a nice variety of pokémon, as good as the first one was, waterfall/volcano/beach/cave/another cave isn't enough to cast a wide net without a few looking weird.
---
I do art!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:59:32 17/06/2020 by Bifrost
#3606 Posted: 22:13:13 17/06/2020
Quote: Bifrost
Well, the new feature also seems like it wasn't tested even once and went back on issues that Let's Go already had working well so, uh, GF lazy, or extremely rushed out of the door.

?????

have you actually played either game or are you just saying stuff to sound smart and superior with gamer knowledge by not being able to have fun?

is it clunky because the pokemon can get outran? lets go had the same thing where you can outrun them. do you know awkward it is to code ai to follow you? its not like hgss where its a sprite one square behind another sprite. this is a model that has to follow another model that is constantly changing speeds and accelerations. idk how you came up with the conclusion that this wasn't tested out. you have to remember that lots of games have problems with following ais.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:16:04 17/06/2020 by somePerson
#3607 Posted: 00:01:00 18/06/2020
Jesus christ sP I just watched videos of twitter of

Incineroar blinking out of existence if you walk into him(when PLGO had a small animation to fix that) and most pokémon just being unable to follow you properly in a game where your character has the same walk speed outside of a bike
And yeah pathing AI is hard but they usually don't get left behind when you walk in a straight line for 5 seconds

Am I not allowed to have an opinion cuz I can't afford a Switch? I try to not get too aggressive but even I have a limit, god dammit.
---
I do art!
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:01:54 18/06/2020 by Bifrost
Sesshomaru75 Platinum Sparx [online] Gems: 6447
#3608 Posted: 00:07:42 18/06/2020 | Topic Creator
While I'm not sure about this situation in specific, you do have a habit of acting like you know everything about things you haven't played and can sometimes come off as arrogant or a tad annoying as a result.
(Especially when you get into arguments with people who have played something you haven't)

There have been times where you outright make things up or clearly don't know what you're talking about, and you also have a bad habit of being overly negative and always complaining about something when people talk about something they enjoy.
(Such as with Ori in the Discord the other day, and Castlevania at another point in there as well)

This isn't really the place to talk about this, to be fair, though I'm pretty sure that's why SP said what he did.
(I'm not trying to start an argument, btw, as this is merely an observation I've made based on complaints I've heard from numerous people and seems to pertain here as well given the wording at the beginning of SP's post)
---
A sword wields no strength unless the hand that holds it has courage.
Edited 6 times - Last edited at 00:18:01 18/06/2020 by Sesshomaru75
#3609 Posted: 01:26:17 18/06/2020
I thought I clarified on that one that "it's a petty issue I had in particular with the game" or something along those lines. I complain, but also, am I really telling people to not play the thing? If it sounds like I am, I really hope I'm not intimidating people with all the nitpicks, because I run my mouth and the intent gets lost.

Regardless, I'm saying what I saw on a Twitter video. If it was manipulated kinda like it happened a few times (and boy does it happen with Pokémon), anyone is free to correct me. I just don't like disregarding what's brought up entirely because I didn't play, even though I saw it; what's the point of even expressing opinions if I need to have first hand experience and all that.
---
I do art!
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:27:51 18/06/2020 by Bifrost
#3610 Posted: 01:33:57 18/06/2020 | Topic Creator
Nah, you're free to express your opinions regardless. It's just the way you present them and carry yourself sometimes during a conversation that causes people to get a little peeved with you.

In either case, I was only bringing that all up because I figured that was at least partially why SP got mad, is all. You're good otherwise, and I know that you don't mean anything by it. smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:34:57 18/06/2020 by Sesshomaru75
HeyitsHotDog Platinum Sparx Gems: 5660
#3611 Posted: 01:34:51 18/06/2020
While I understand programming following can be, I would have appreciated some sort of base distance each Pokemon are at. It's strange to see my Lycanroc run up to be, stop, then run up to me again, while my Druddion and Minccino will lag behind by quite a bit. But if it's difficult to program, then it's difficult to program. I'm not gonna bark about it.

Would it have been nice? Absolutely. Do I understand why it's not perfect? Absolutely.

I'm just happy that we got it, to be honest. It's still super cute.
---
When ever you get scared or nervous about something, you gotta do your best to keep on smiling and Go Beyond Plus Ultra!
#3612 Posted: 16:00:43 23/06/2020
Something related to Lets Go is gonna happen in the video tomorrow

Like legit confirmed
---
emeraldzoroark Emerald Sparx Gems: 3187
#3613 Posted: 17:39:52 23/06/2020

Like legit confirmed

...source?
---
This avatar will be a reminder of my ultimate goal.
Even if I can’t bring it to Gen 8.
#3614 Posted: 18:10:08 23/06/2020
Quote: emeraldzoroark

Like legit confirmed

...source?

[User Posted Image]
sandshrew gold and sandshrew silver confirmed
#3615 Posted: 18:11:45 23/06/2020
I mean, it'd make sense. It's what I'm expecting.

As for the "confirmation", during the video last week, Ishihara had Sitting Cuties plushies of Ho-Oh, Lugia, The Johto starters, and the Legendary Beasts (With Lapras and Mewtwo being present to fill up space) This has lead many to believe it's alluding to Let's Go Johto games.

I honestly think that's a fair assumption and I'm on that boat. I'm expecting Let's Go Johto games to be revealed tomorrow, along with perhaps a few other announcements.

Although, it's referred as a "Big project" and I honestly am unsure Game Freak would see Let's Go as such a thing, despite what people may think of the studio.

We'll just have to wait and see. Hoping, if it is Let's Go Johto games, one of them is Let's Go Marill. Because it would mean lots of Marill merch, and I'd eat that stuff up.
---
When ever you get scared or nervous about something, you gotta do your best to keep on smiling and Go Beyond Plus Ultra!
#3616 Posted: 18:19:39 23/06/2020
Quote: emeraldzoroark

Like legit confirmed

...source?

[User Posted Image]
They only took it down when people started mentioning it in their videos
---
fyra Platinum Sparx Gems: 5636
#3617 Posted: 18:58:37 23/06/2020
Would be nice if they brought back the Gamecube era Pokémon games, really missed their more challenging, darker nature and especially shadow Pokémon.
---
Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope but sometime fear cloud our visions, sometime our strength give out....
#3618 Posted: 19:11:38 23/06/2020
If we're talking about things we want to see, I want Ruby and Sapphire on the switch. Not remakes, the originals. I just want to hunt Mew/Deoxys without possibly corrupting my save because my pokemon is alive and dead at the same time
---
#3619 Posted: 20:34:40 23/06/2020
Quote: fyra
Would be nice if they brought back the Gamecube era Pokémon games, really missed their more challenging, darker nature and especially shadow Pokémon.

no. the Gamecube games weren't that great. it was all forced double battles and the story was a complete mess along with emo pokemon. the protagonist of the first game didn't do anything but look angsty and be the stereotypical definition of the generic silent but badass trope. the game is also super freaking slow and is just constant double battle after double battle. each battle takes around 5-10 minutes to complete and because of the nature of the battles. it takes a couple of minutes to do each one too and would constantly rematch you for no reason. shadow pokemon as a mechanic was pretty garbage. all they did was use "shadow _____" until you could purify them to get their real moveset. it took way too long to purify your pokemon as well.
do you also like watching that cutscene of your side hoe looking at pokemon? great because its gonna play every time a shadow pokemon shows up. the environments were also butt plain and ugly.

it honestly seems like people only like the games because it had edgy pokemon which made it "cool and mature" unlike the kiddie main series games. maybe they changed my criticisms in xd tho because i didn't play that one.

i really hope they do re-release the older titles on switch with the event pokemon unlocked. that would be pretty cool
#3620 Posted: 21:32:38 23/06/2020
You do know I liked them because they could actually be challenging...something severely lacking in Pokémon games and even if the plot was edgy at least it was trying to feel more mature(I know it isn’t). I would adore to return to Pokémon but for that, we need games designed for veterans focused on being more difficult, involving more strategy not only in multiplayer but also the story, with skippable tutorials. However well I jumped ship to SMT as I’m tired on how easy they were getting.
---
Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope but sometime fear cloud our visions, sometime our strength give out....
Vespi Yellow Sparx Gems: 1847
#3621 Posted: 22:48:36 23/06/2020
I remember picking up smilie at age 10 and thought "man **** this game it's way too hard"
Shadow Lugia cool tho
#3622 Posted: 04:58:31 24/06/2020
Shiny Zeraora raids have hit the target 1 million

free shiny for everyone
who owns a mobile version of Pokemon home
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:01:34 24/06/2020 by KrystalLBX
#3623 Posted: 09:02:24 24/06/2020
Cool, time to shove it in the PC and nver use it.
---
#3624 Posted: 13:14:16 24/06/2020
Pokemon Moba game confirmed
---
Vespi Yellow Sparx Gems: 1847
#3625 Posted: 14:08:52 24/06/2020
reminder that, like the moba or not, tencent is a horrible ****ing company and is legally required by the chinese government to turn over your data to them

even if you like pokemon, dont support this game
#3626 Posted: 14:15:49 24/06/2020
Cool, more reasons not to get the game.
---
#3627 Posted: 14:59:36 24/06/2020
Don't like mobas but cool of ur Chinese or Korean I guess

Dont really like the idea of tencent being behind the game but I really hope this game was developed before all the hk stuff happened. I wonder if tencent has shares in Pokemon as well. This game is still gonna make bank tho but don't be mad because it isn't ur genre of game. This is a pretty big move by tpc because of how popular mobile mobas are in countries outside the west.

It doesn't look that bad of a game. It seems like Pokemon is trying to spread out it's genres like riot is but using nostalgia to promote the games. People need to realize how big of an IP Pokemon is in the world and not every fan plays the main series games. Look at go for example. Everyone was playing it and some fans had to bring them down by calling them fake because they didn't play kid games. I know there was a user here who only collected the cards before getting the games

Hype culture is super dumb. Don't get overhyped about a product that doesn't exist and get mad because it doesn't. The idea of a moba using Pokemon was really wanted when lol was getting popular. It's actually a really cool concept of having your character grow in the match as they get more powerful while having different builds that encourage different playstyles.

If you don't like it don't play it. It's a free game with in app purchases. It's not gonna hurt you
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 15:53:00 24/06/2020 by somePerson
Halvmorke Gold Sparx Gems: 2298
#3628 Posted: 16:16:55 24/06/2020
They've laughed at our faces, with all those hints and hype, and for this... Pokémon always finds new ways to keep disappointing...

It's a wise move for the company, economically speaking, since this kind of games makes a lot of money in both China and South Corea... but it's not going to succeed at all within the western public. And overall, most of long-time pokémon fans will just ignore it, and maybe play it a bit just to see it, but nothing else.
---
Elite: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Senseis: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:17:48 24/06/2020 by Halvmorke
#3629 Posted: 16:30:22 24/06/2020
Quote: somePerson

People need to realize how big of an IP Pokemon is in the world and not every fan plays the main series games. Look at go for example. Everyone was playing it and some fans had to bring them down by calling them fake because they didn't play kid games.

It's more that Gonly players have reputations for making mistakes or even uninformed, often even forgetting Niantic did not create Pokemon.

Examples
Gonly Player: "Shiny Zapdos looks terrible, why did Niantic design it that way?"

Before Gen 4 made it to Go
Me: "Did you stock up on Tangela candies?"
Gonly Player: "I only caught 1 Tangela, it's not that good and only needed for the dex"
Me: "It's getting an evolution, trust me I've played the main series"

Back when I played Pokemon Go, Ive had experience with Gonly players. It's not that we see them as fake fans, it's we wish they would look passed Pokemon Go because info on upcoming mons will eventually help them. And with the megas coming I can only guess some of them are guessing what megas will be in the game, but without knowing what megas the main series has.

Unless they are a Genwunner
Genwunners are absolutely fake.

Especially since until you look through every pokemon, there is ALWAYS that chance there is that 1 pokemon you really REALLY like but if you never see it cuz of a self-enforced bubble, you will never discover you like that Pokemon. And that makes me sad, cuz there is some really cuties out there like Gastrodon
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:33:52 24/06/2020 by KrystalLBX
#3630 Posted: 17:30:00 24/06/2020 | Topic Creator
>tencent scary meme

I'm in agreement with SP, though, since he basically already said everything I wanted to.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:38:07 24/06/2020 by Sesshomaru75
#3631 Posted: 17:39:54 24/06/2020

People need to realize how big of an IP Pokemon is in the world and not every fan plays the main series games. Look at go for example. Everyone was playing it and some fans had to bring them down by calling them fake
because they didn't play kid games.

literally the definition of my post

how dare casuals act like casuals

Quote: Sesshomaru75
>tencent scary meme

tencent doesn't even make games they just publish them lmao
#3632 Posted: 18:24:31 24/06/2020

People need to realize how big of an IP Pokemon is in the world and not every fan plays the main series games. Look at go for example. Everyone was playing it and some fans had to bring them down by calling them fake
because they didn't play kid games.

Meanwhile not addressing any of my points
---
#3633 Posted: 18:50:44 24/06/2020

all of ur points were bashing on people who didn't know any better because they didn't play main series pokemon games
#3634 Posted: 21:38:00 24/06/2020

all of ur points were bashing on people who didn't know any better because they didn't play main series pokemon games

One of my points was genwunners are fakes
which they are.

Also Gonly players have their problems, but Im not "bashing on them". Im just saying that at times they can make mistakes, and the only thing that could be done is if give them more information. With gen 6 coming around I would tell my Gonly peers that stocking up on eevee candies will be valuable with Sylveon coming out. If we were to go with the Shiny Zapdos "Why did Niantic design it that way?" it isn't bashing to say "Niantic use the main series as guides, and that's what shiny zapdos looks like cuz of Gamefreak not Niantic."

And my point about a potential fave you don't know about is literally true. If someone has only seen say gen 1 mons, and I show them say Haxorus they may or may not go "Woah I like that!".
---
#3635 Posted: 21:48:22 24/06/2020

which they are.

Also Gonly players have their problems, but Im not "bashing on them". Im just saying that at times they can make mistakes, and the only thing that could be done is if give them more information. With gen 6 coming around I would tell my Gonly peers that stocking up on eevee candies will be valuable with Sylveon coming out. If we were to go with the Shiny Zapdos "Why did Niantic design it that way?" it isn't bashing to say "Niantic use the main series as guides, and that's what shiny zapdos looks like cuz of Gamefreak not Niantic."

And my point about a potential fave you don't know about is literally true. If someone has only seen say gen 1 mons, and I show them say Haxorus they may or may not go "Woah I like that!".

how are gunwunners fake? they more than likely played pokemon before you were born lol. there's no problem with not knowing what new pokemon exists. that's like me yelling at kids who watch power rangers that there is gonna be a new season based on the sentai. who cares?

what do you mean potential fav? they more than likely already got their favorite pokemon when they first played the games. they grew up and moved on. it happens. genwunners arent even annoying anymore. they all kinda moved on and now the kids who played gen 5 first are getting annoying. they became the very thing they hated. bashing on the newer gens because it isn't the game they played as kids.

also a sidenote this was hinted at a few days ago but people were taking plushies in the background way too seriously.
https://twitter.com/zhugeex/st...2139778?lang=en
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 21:58:12 24/06/2020 by somePerson
#3636 Posted: 02:05:58 25/06/2020

which they are.

how are gunwunners fake? they more than likely played pokemon before you were born lol. there's no problem with not knowing what new pokemon exists. that's like me yelling at kids who watch power rangers that there is gonna be a new season based on the sentai. who cares?

what do you mean potential fav? they more than likely already got their favorite pokemon when they first played the games. they grew up and moved on. it happens. genwunners arent even annoying anymore. they all kinda moved on and now the kids who played gen 5 first are getting annoying. they became the very thing they hated. bashing on the newer gens because it isn't the game they played as kids.

also a sidenote this was hinted at a few days ago but people were taking plushies in the background way too seriously.
https://twitter.com/zhugeex/st...2139778?lang=en

Genwunners literally go after fans and say nothing passed x gen (usually gen 1) is valid.
Fan definition: an enthusiastic devotee
How is a genwunner enthusiastic when all they do is literally bash the game

By potential favorite, I mean a mon that if they knew it's existence they would like it. (and yes you can have multiple favorites)

If I show someone all of gen 1 for example (and thats all they know), sure they may (Or may not) be able to pick a favorite.
What is to say that another mon from a different gen couldnt also be something they would like.
So like
The Person: "Ooh I really like eevee and it's evolutions. I also like grass types" (Only knowing the first 3 eeveelutions)
Me: "Well in the future gens it has even more evolutions, including a grass type named Leafeon" (I then show them the other eeveelutions)
The Person: "Oh my god thank you! What gen is Leafeon from?"
Me: "Gen 4, wanna see more mons from that gen?" (They say yes and see more mons, and this can continue on and on.)

Like with me and Digimon, I haven't seen every digimon ever made so while I can name favorites of mine from what I know, I do know there is possibly a digimon I've never seen that I would say I like.
---
Wham-Shell Fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3530
#3637 Posted: 15:47:27 02/07/2020
Remember when Pokemon had a big announcement to make, and we all got hyped for gen 4 remakes? But instead we got Pokemon Unite? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
---
I made this account in 2012, I will PAY to have a name change please
#3638 Posted: 18:32:01 08/07/2020
Something unrelated to the games for once, as many people know, I'm an avid Pokemon plush collector and I'd like to share one of my favorites. The Life Size Mega House Detective Pikachu plush.

[User Posted Image]
---
#3639 Posted: 20:55:49 08/07/2020
Until a new mainline title come out, what would you dream that Pokémon would do to get better, me kill of two of the same game with minor differences, difficulty options, proper use of the interesting lore of the franchise to give us a compelling story, skippable tutorials, bigger emphasis on exploration so fill the region full of hidden secrets, mounts.
---
#3640 Posted: 21:32:48 08/07/2020
Until a new mainline title come out, what would you dream that Pokémon would do to get better?

Remove shiny locks. All of them. I just want to hunt new legendaries in the game they’re introduced in. Also shiny locking starters is stupid, there’s no real reason for it.

On a related note, the Swsh shiny hunting methods are trash. The best one is masuda method (which can still be boring) and the only other real method is awful. KO 500 Pokémon to get to masuda method odds? And those odds are apparently only active 3% of the time? Terrible. I guess the fossil hunting is technically a method but you either don’t need to try if you have a turbo controller, or you need to destroy your thumbs. This game is probably good for full odds hunters though, so there’s that. Gen 6 had dexnav and hordes and stuff, so something like that would be cool.

Also give Mythicals a short side quest or something like Gen 4 where you meet them where they live and try to catch them at a catch rate of 3 to make it difficult. (Also I want to shiny hunt them)

Can you tell I like shinies?
---
#3641 Posted: 21:51:02 08/07/2020
Until a new mainline title come out, what would you dream that Pokémon would do to get better, me kill of two of the same game with minor differences, difficulty options, proper use of the interesting lore of the franchise to give us a compelling story, skippable tutorials, bigger emphasis on exploration so fill the region full of hidden secrets, mounts.

same game: it make money. it encourages trading with friends with different versions and doesn't really ruin the game.

difficulty option: would be cool but the game gets kinda difficult near the end. raids in sword and shield are pretty tough and the power creep for the champion is usually good enough to where i require potions to win. plus near the end of sword and shield a lot trainers use strategies like weather and having moves to counter their pokemon weakness.

lore: i don't think you know what lore means. there's tons of lore hidden in pokemon. from things such as arcesus's creation and the books in the libraries that tell interesting fun facts. in sun and moon there's a pair of golf clubs that are bent. of course there's also an npc nearby who says that they tried to set their boy straight. this boy was most likely guzma as a kid who was beaten as a kid until he ran away. hell sword and shield literally gives an entire lore dump about the history of galar and how its powered. i guess reading was a little too hard for ya huh

compelling story: subjective really. i think the newer pokemon games have better stories than the older ones. sun and moon in particular had a story i cared about with neeby.

skiable tutorials: i mean it would be great but it doesn't ruin a game. its literally like less than a minute telling you how to catch a pokemon. every other tutorial is just text on a screen that you can just spam "a" to get through

exploration: i don't think open world exploration is the way to go with pokemon. its kinda difficult to have an open world game with a level up system like pokemon. how would power scaling work? when they tried to do optional gyms in gold and silver it caused a really bad level curve problem. plus the world already has a bunch of secrets. there's a lot of npc and side quests I'm pretty sure most players have yet to talk to. exploring is one of the best things to do in pokemon but people just ignore that and just do the story stuff. for example the toxtricity poster in sun and moon or side quests like the applin one in sword and shield are all hidden events or secrets that the game doesn't tell you to do. exploration was also a big part of red and blue. backtracking was required to get pokemon like aerodactyl and Mr mime. how about the ghost girl in x and y?

mounts: have you actually ever played a pokemon game? literally every game has a mount. from bikes to tauros to gogoat to snorlax to etc.

[User Posted Image]
is this your perfect game????????

i really want a pokemon game that is a bit longer than 40 hours. maybe have like a 40 your main game and a post game that continues the story for about another 40. kinda like a second season in an anime.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:54:39 08/07/2020 by somePerson
First | Previous | Page 73 of 73
1 2 3 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me