Forum

Poll

Favourite CTR:NF Spyro skin?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > Pokémon Topic (Warning: Dexit Talk Banned)
First | Previous | Page 48 of 75 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 46 47 48 49 50 ... 73 74 75
Pokémon Topic (Warning: Dexit Talk Banned) [STICKY]
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 8982
#2351 Posted: 21:18:56 05/06/2019
Quote: DragonCamo
Goodbye Follow mechanic yet again lmao

This is the big tragedy of Gen VIII so far. ;~;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
KrystalLBX Gold Sparx Gems: 2182
#2352 Posted: 00:17:18 06/06/2019

Me: Sniper Wolf
Lumpy (Left Pom): Zamazenta
Ashe (Right Pom): Grookey
---
Pokemon Shiny and Mark Hunter
Bifrost Platinum Sparx Gems: 7342
#2353 Posted: 00:42:07 06/06/2019
I'd hold onto that pom video for the time being. Just because there's one dog guarantee doesn't meant there won't be more dog coming up on Galar.
---
I do art!
MAHARI YUWARE GAAIE SABANARE
AMARE DIRAHI JUMAGI GANASHARA
#2354 Posted: 02:02:36 06/06/2019
Quote: Bifrost
I'd hold onto that pom video for the time being. Just because there's one dog guarantee doesn't meant there won't be more dog coming up on Galar.

Oh absolutely (Also technically it would be two, the legendaries are both dogs)
like an electric corgi

I am totally not mentioning any leaks that revealed all the direct stuff way before it happened.

also
[User Posted Image]
Look how fat that squirrel on his shirt is.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:05:09 06/06/2019 by KrystalLBX
Vespi Yellow Sparx Gems: 1992
#2355 Posted: 02:15:52 06/06/2019
give me new ghosts or give me death
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 5077
#2356 Posted: 04:45:24 06/06/2019
Quote: Vespi
give me new ghosts or give me death

Yes, more beautiful ghosts, and more new ghost-type combinations among them!
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#2357 Posted: 04:47:01 06/06/2019
[User Posted Image]

Besides some minor typos, and 1 mistake (Including saying 1 of the gyms is the first of it's type when we actually got 1 gym of every type ever)
this leak is VERY VERY accurate and real.

DO NOT OPEN THE ABOVE UP AS THE SPOILER IS REAL
(Nobody can guess Dynamaxing and Hop NOBODY)
---
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 5077
#2358 Posted: 05:06:21 06/06/2019
Quote: KrystalLBX
[User Posted Image]

Besides some minor typos, and 1 mistake (Including saying 1 of the gyms is the first of it's type when we actually got 1 gym of every type ever)

Haven't we still never had a Dark type gym?
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Gharlant Green Sparx Gems: 479
#2359 Posted: 05:43:50 06/06/2019
I'm confused. Are there random encounters in addition to Pokemon on the overworld? Or has it been replaced? I personally hate random encounters but I know a lot of people were unhappy with it being changed in Let's GO so maybe they will let us choose it in the options menu? Maybe wishful thinking but oh well.
Sesshomaru75 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6585
#2360 Posted: 05:45:36 06/06/2019 | Topic Creator
Only the Wild Area has Pokémon in the overworld, but random encounters can still happen elsewhere. (And even within the Wild Area itself, I'm pretty sure)
---
A sword wields no strength unless the hand that holds it has courage.

Black lives matter, don't stop fighting until they do.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:45:19 06/06/2019 by Sesshomaru75
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5470
#2361 Posted: 06:08:23 06/06/2019
Sad Pokémon following is gone but oh well.

Looks like it’s a mixture of over world Pokémon and wild encounters, which is what I was honestly hoping for. I enjoyed the overworld Pokémon in let’s go but removing wild encounters completely was dumb. On the other hand though, now caves will be real annoying again...

I love Dynamaxing purely because now all my Pokémon can be Titan Shifters lol

As for the Pokémon:

Gossifleur and Eldegoss are pretty neat. No super strong feelings on them but they have cute designs.

Wooloo is probably the weakest design in the gen so far. It’s literally just a sheep. Hopefully its evolution(s) are cool. I’d love a fully evolved sheep that actually has wool.

Just like everyone else, I think Corviknight is ****ing rad. Right now it’s my second planned member. And he’s a big boy too. He’s bigger than Slaking and Tropius and Tyranitar and ****. I’m betting it’s the fully evolved of a three-stage line (maybe the early route regional bird?). Oh, and it’s our first raven, so that’s cool.

Drednaw is rad as hell too. I’d put it on my team plan for now but that would give me two Water types, lol. Love the name and that we finally have a snapping turtle. Bet it will have an evolution that’s Water/Steel, since a dreadnought is a big ship. Seems like a natural progression as well.
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
#2362 Posted: 06:33:48 06/06/2019
[User Posted Image]

i want...
...electric corgi
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10724
#2363 Posted: 08:18:46 06/06/2019
I used to wonder what would happen to Ash's Rotom dex when the SM series ends. I guess it'll be going to Galar with Ash now that the game confirmed that you get a Rotom phone.
---
#SobbleSquad
Muffin Man Emerald Sparx Gems: 3748
#2364 Posted: 15:03:13 06/06/2019
It's funny how Pokemon has basically adopted the Skylanders gimmick model, with each new gen now introducing some flashy new thing that the game and lore revolves around but that either gets drastically reduced or removed in the following gen.
---
whoever reads this shall succumb to the ways of the Muffin
emeraldzoroark Emerald Sparx Gems: 3331
#2365 Posted: 18:28:39 06/06/2019
nah, not skylanders. each game copies an anime.
bw had blue eyes white dragon, red eyes black dragon, and fusion monsters
xy is digimon because mega evolution
sm is dragon ball z because z moves are just dragon ball z moves
swsh is attack on titan
---
I’ve had this avatar for a year and a half at this point, I’m not changing it now
#2366 Posted: 20:31:02 06/06/2019
Swsh is Ultraman, actually. Apparently 3 turns is a reference to his 3 minute transformations.
---
I do art!
#2367 Posted: 01:02:50 07/06/2019 | Topic Creator
Tweet explaining how encounters work in SW/SH.

I'm personally really happy that they have both random encounters and roaming Pokémon, as it makes more sense than removing random encounters entirely. (And is much more preferable, imo)
---

Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:34:52 07/06/2019 by Sesshomaru75
willspyro Platinum Sparx Gems: 5526
#2368 Posted: 01:16:57 07/06/2019
If you hate random encounters then I don't see why you're playing Pokémon. It's been one of the main mechanics of the series. Just having visible wild Pokémon would make the games more boring and less exciting because you would already know what Pokémon you're encountering.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:35:34 07/06/2019 by willspyro
HotDogAndZap Emerald Sparx Gems: 3384
#2369 Posted: 04:12:00 07/06/2019
yeah random encounters is just like... a staple of the game.

also, personal opinion, i dont think corviknight is gonna evolve from anything. i think its like the skarmory of galar. not that id be complaining if it had other stages, more edgy bird babies the better, but i think its more likely the former.
#2370 Posted: 05:15:07 07/06/2019
I've been playing since gen 1 and I hate random encounters. I remember when they changed the way death works in Fire Emblem by allowing you to toggle it (and making some units impossible to die, they simply retire because they're needed in cutscenes), this is kinda like that.

Also I just realized, Nintendo has paid online now, which means unless you have friends who play the game, there will be a paywall to complete the pokedex.
#2371 Posted: 05:28:31 07/06/2019 | Topic Creator
Quote: willspyro
If you hate random encounters then I don't see why your playing Pokémon.

- - -
---

#2372 Posted: 05:30:09 07/06/2019
Quote: Sesshomaru75

- - -

//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=141725
#2373 Posted: 05:31:51 07/06/2019 | Topic Creator

- - -
---

#2374 Posted: 05:32:09 07/06/2019
Quote: Gharlant
I've been playing since gen 1 and I hate random encounters. I remember when they changed the way death works in Fire Emblem by allowing you to toggle it (and making some units impossible to die, they simply retire because they're needed in cutscenes), this is kinda like that.

Also I just realized, Nintendo has paid online now, which means unless you have friends who play the game, there will be a paywall to complete the pokedex.

I mean I don't really think it's that much of a jump, but it is certainly a natural progression. I honestly see the benefits of both and I'm glad both are implemented.

And you could just do it LAN. If your friends have another version, its likely trading won't be locked behind a paywall if they're right there next to you.
willspyro Platinum Sparx Gems: 5526
#2375 Posted: 05:33:44 07/06/2019
^^^^^

YES
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:34:04 07/06/2019 by willspyro
#2376 Posted: 05:35:43 07/06/2019
Quote: Vespi
Quote: Gharlant

I mean I don't really think it's that much of a jump, but it is certainly a natural progression. I honestly see the benefits of both and I'm glad both are implemented.

And you could just do it LAN. If your friends have another version, its likely trading won't be locked behind a paywall if they're right there next to you.

Yeah I'm glad both are in too, that way everyone is (hopefully) happy ^-^

What I mean is, if you don't have friends who are local. I should've clarified. If nobody around you likes Pokemon then you will have to pay 20 dollars a year for Nintendo online. It's only 20 dollars, but that's a lot more than the 0 dollars we had to pay to complete the pokedex in gens 4 - 7 with online play.
#2377 Posted: 05:53:48 07/06/2019
yeah, i was thinking about that. sucks for me lol i dont have the paid internet OR friends. ill figure it out ig but i was never a big dex completionist to begin with. did it once and never again.
#2378 Posted: 12:29:21 07/06/2019
Yeah... I'm kinda wary on Switch Online, given how they're managing to bungle up Mario Maker 2.

While I'm happy there's a mix of overworld and random encounters, it does make me worried about something that could permeate the whole game: attempts to pander to both the Go crowd and the full release crowd. I know Game Freak stated this would be a game catering to the "long-time Pokémon fans." But in the latest Direct we have the mixing of Go/Let's Go and past main-line encounters, as well as raid battles now being a thing.

I'm not saying either of these are bad, but my fear is that Game Freak is going to try to hard to appeal to both of the audiences... and end up satisfying neither. In other words, the Sonic fandom issue. >.>
---
#2379 Posted: 15:44:33 07/06/2019
I dislike random encounters not because of the random part, but because XY and SM started to get really funny with hiding pokémon behind obtuse methods like Mareanie and Dhelmise that have low chances of being found without a guide. I really hope this is the best of both worlds to remove a problem that wasn't there back in gens 5 and before.
---
I do art!
#2380 Posted: 17:06:27 07/06/2019
As long as there's a new shiny hunting method. Catch combos were awful.

Edit: Accidently created an almost perfect team for hunting shiny legendaries, so I’m taking a minor break from the Manaphy hunt so I can work on that. I’ll test it, and if it goes well, I’ll share the team here.
---
I’ve had this avatar for a year and a half at this point, I’m not changing it now
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:26:07 07/06/2019 by emeraldzoroark
#2381 Posted: 03:20:38 08/06/2019
Quote: emeraldzoroark
As long as there's a new shiny hunting method. Catch combos were awful.

Edit: Accidently created an almost perfect team for hunting shiny legendaries, so I’m taking a minor break from the Manaphy hunt so I can work on that. I’ll test it, and if it goes well, I’ll share the team here.

Ooh manaphy hunt?
---
Felines Diamond Sparx Gems: 9409
#2382 Posted: 03:26:51 08/06/2019
That sounds hard smilie
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
#2383 Posted: 11:59:10 08/06/2019
Quote: Felines
That sounds hard smilie

Yup, first ya gotta beat Pokemon Ranger about 5 times on 5 different copies of the game.
Transfer all 5 to Diamond/Pearl.
Save right before they hatch (transferred to file will never get them shiny)
trade to a different file
hatch them, if not shiny then SR.
Make a new file and catch 5 pokemon
trade over.
and repeat to hatch, SR, and make new files.
---
#2384 Posted: 12:35:24 08/06/2019
Quote: emeraldzoroark
nah, not skylanders. each game copies an anime.
bw had blue eyes white dragon, red eyes black dragon, and fusion monsters
xy is digimon because mega evolution
sm is dragon ball z because z moves are just dragon ball z moves
swsh is attack on titan

I'm not talking about the specific gimmicks themselves, I'm talking about the way the recent gimmicks are presented as a way to build up hype for a specific game but then mostly dropped afterwards. The first five gens introduced things like held items, abilities, double battles, the special/physical split, the revamped special/physical split, and hidden abilities. These weren't big flashy gimmicks that could be the focus of trailers and promo material, but they have all been continuously expanded on and added to in future games. But the past three gens have instead had these big flashy one-and-done gimmicks that have a huge presence in trailers and promo material for exactly one generation but then are shoved off into a corner in future generations. Which is exactly how the Skylanders gimmicks worked.
---
#2385 Posted: 21:20:09 08/06/2019
Quote: Felines
That sounds hard smilie

Yup, first ya gotta beat Pokemon Ranger about 5 times on 5 different copies of the game.
Transfer all 5 to Diamond/Pearl.
Save right before they hatch (transferred to file will never get them shiny)
trade to a different file
hatch them, if not shiny then SR.
Make a new file and catch 5 pokemon
trade over.
and repeat to hatch, SR, and make new files.

Well, kinda. The thing is, you need 2 Pokémon on your team to be allowed to trade, so really 4 eggs advised. I'm using 1 egg because I don't have anymore copies Trading just before they hatch is a bad idea, because you need to take a step to reenter the union room, so that just limits your resets. Finally, Platinum is by far the fastest game for this. I made a graph which I'll post later.
---
#2386 Posted: 05:54:42 09/06/2019
Are there really people other there who are buying up five copies of Pokemon Ranger at a time to get a shiny? That's kind of crazy...I hope they at least give away the 4 extra Manaphy they end up with instead of deleting them.
---
#2387 Posted: 07:36:22 09/06/2019
i miss mega evolution that stuff was my JAM i couldnt give less of a **** about the other gimmicks
#2388 Posted: 14:10:19 09/06/2019
Quote: Muffin Man
Are there really people other there who are buying up five copies of Pokemon Ranger at a time to get a shiny? That's kind of crazy...I hope they at least give away the 4 extra Manaphy they end up with instead of deleting them.

apparently 4 instead
but yeah that's part of the hunt.

Also your hunting without charm, so there's that
---
#2389 Posted: 20:08:05 10/06/2019
[User Posted Image]
PROTECC THE WOOLOO FROM ANIMAL ABUSERS!!!!!

[User Posted Image]
---
HeyitsHotDog Platinum Sparx Gems: 5795
#2390 Posted: 20:24:02 10/06/2019
How stupid do you have to be? They ****ing need to realize Sheeps NEED to be sheared or else their wool gets to heavy for them and they can be literally be trapped. Just look up Shrek the Sheep and see what happens when they don't get shaved.
---
When ever you get scared or nervous about something, you gotta do your best to keep on smiling and Go Beyond Plus Ultra!
#2391 Posted: 20:51:51 10/06/2019
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
How stupid do you have to be? They ****ing need to realize Sheeps NEED to be sheared or else their wool gets to heavy for them and they can be literally be trapped. Just look up Shrek the Sheep and see what happens when they don't get shaved.

And the coat gets so thick that they can overheat due to all that wool.

#proteccWooloo
---
#2392 Posted: 21:56:32 10/06/2019
As I said on the Discord, they'd rather those sheep die because they're domesticated. They've proved time and again that they're okay with death and suffering if the animal has been "corrupted" by human ownership.
---
I do art!
#2393 Posted: 23:30:52 10/06/2019
Updated favorites chart
Grass: Grookey
Fire: Torracat
Water: Drednaw
Normal: WOOLOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Electric: Luxray
Psychic: Mew
Fighting: Monferno
Rock: Nihelgo
Ground: Gastrodon
Flying: Hawlucha
Bug: Volcarona
Poison: Poipole
Dark: Alolan Raticate
Ghost: Mimikyu
Ice: Vanilluxe
Steel: Solgaleo
Dragon: Axew
Fairy: Sylveon
---
somePerson Platinum Sparx Gems: 5755
#2394 Posted: 01:57:39 11/06/2019
wooloo is literally a sheep with braids
#2395 Posted: 17:32:01 11/06/2019
So, Masuda announced on the Treehouse stream that, in order to optimize the existing Pokémon present in SwSh, Pokémon's files have been completely excluded from the game and you will only be able to transfer a Pokémon from Home to SwSh if it's in the Galar Dex.

Are you ****ing kidding me, here?!
---
#2396 Posted: 17:58:17 11/06/2019
Optimization is for CHUMPS, says team that's 10 years behind every other Nintendo franchise when it comes to technical advances and can't even make cutscenes in goddamn 2017.
---
I do art!
#2397 Posted: 18:23:07 11/06/2019
Quote: HIR
So, Masuda announced on the Treehouse stream that, in order to optimize the existing Pokémon present in SwSh, Pokémon's files have been completely excluded from the game and you will only be able to transfer a Pokémon from Home to SwSh if it's in the Galar Dex.

Are you ****ing kidding me, here?!

post pokemon that wont live
[User Posted Image]
#2398 Posted: 18:30:41 11/06/2019
[User Posted Image]
My god I hope not.
---
#2399 Posted: 18:36:26 11/06/2019
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
yokai and dog
#2400 Posted: 18:40:05 11/06/2019
god i wish i cared rn this should be exciting

Here's some more

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

all good boys that won't deserve this **** that's coming
---
I do art!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:40:29 11/06/2019 by Bifrost
First | Previous | Page 48 of 75 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 46 47 48 49 50 ... 73 74 75

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me