Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Site Polls > Favourite Upgrade Path: Tri-Tip
Page 1 of 1

Favourite Upgrade Path: Tri-Tip

Paleolithic Pounder Poll 32% (39)
Jurassic Justice Poll 17% (21)
Don't have him Poll 29% (35)
Never played Imaginators Poll 21% (26)
Favourite Upgrade Path: Tri-Tip
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 13873
#1 Posted: 12:32:45 01/09/2017 | Topic Creator
Air Strike's Primal Elements path seems to be the favoured choice.

But which path of Master Tri-Tip's will be more popular? His smashing path or his dashing and fossil traps path?

[User Posted Image] Paleolithic Pounder
Improve your smashing skills to master the mace!
Mightier Mace Fault Zone Jurassic Whirled
[User Posted Image] [User Posted Image] [User Posted Image]
Do more damage with your Mace Smashes with an improved weapon! Mace Smash attacks leave a dangerous lingering quake zone. The last hit of your (Square), (Square), (Square) combo creates an exploding dust storm vortex!
Jurassic Justice
Strengthen your charge and fossil skills for strategic control!
Historic Preservation Fossil Forte Matador Might
[User Posted Image] [User Posted Image] [User Posted Image]
You get new horns! And after doing a Dino Dash, you gain a shield and take less damage. You summon Fossil Traps faster, and you deal critical hits to enemies tarred by them! Dino Dash into a Fossil Trap to create a massive explosion.
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#2 Posted: 15:14:04 01/09/2017
first

also, paleolithic pounder is the only acceptable choice
Sworn2Skylands Yellow Sparx Gems: 1353
#3 Posted: 19:19:00 01/09/2017
Quote: ZapNorris
also, paleolithic pounder is the only acceptable choice

I'm not too sure I'd fully agree with that, especially since--if you're trying to get reoccurring damage from dangerous spots caused by Attack 1 hits--you'd use a Smasher Imaginator anyway, and not Tri-Tip on that path. The extra speed with the tar pits and defense from charging can help, it's not like it's good for nothing. This isn't to say of course that Jurassic Justice doesn't have it's flaws; the upgrade that gives him defensive shields, for example, has an abysmally short duration of how long the shields help you--it only lasts for 2-3 seconds!

Anyway, I would agree that Paleolithic Pounder is the better option of the two paths. The second upgrade is definitely the best; it makes Tri-Tip's Attack 1 mace swings create a spot on the ground that deals reoccurring damage rapidly for a few seconds in a pointblank range area. That can really add up if the enemy can't get out of it and Tri-Tip keeps hitting them with his mace! Having Tri-Tip be overspecialized in swinging his mace can be a problem unto itself (especially since they can only hit directly in front of his face and have lackluster speed), but it's still the best option you'll have.

In all honesty though, I would suggest using a Smasher Imaginator for this and not Tri-Tip. They can do the same thing, only much, much better than Tri-Tip.
SkylandrPurists Emerald Sparx Gems: 3389
#4 Posted: 21:37:32 01/09/2017
smilie Shope
PATH: Paleolithic Pounder
REASON: I just enjoy crushing things with the mace. No wonder he ended up being a top trainer for smasher characters. A tricera-top trainer! LOL!
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmilie
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5364
#5 Posted: 21:39:24 01/09/2017
Welp, I think the winner is obvious here.
---
Soon.
Halvmorke Emerald Sparx Gems: 4411
#6 Posted: 00:29:01 02/09/2017
Well, I'll go with Jurassic Justice. I don't usually like to choose the straighforward path that everybody likes and which is the auto-play best choice, even less when it leaves the rest of the upgrades almost useless. Tri-Tip is a similar case to TKC for me, and again I choose the bottom path since I prefer the character to be more balanced and versatile than smashing Attack 1 all the time and... that's it.

Plus, from a scientifically accurate point of view (and even common sense), I refuse to choose Paleolithic Pounder since... well, friggin' dinosaurs were already extint at the time of the Palaelothic (which is the proper way to write and use the concept) a ****ing ridiculously huge amount of time ago (at least 63 million years). Sorry, occupational habit.
---
Elite: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Senseis: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 13873
#7 Posted: 01:02:03 02/09/2017 | Topic Creator
Well it is a path based on a tool. (although not a stone one)
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
Halvmorke Emerald Sparx Gems: 4411
#8 Posted: 11:35:12 02/09/2017
Quote: dark52
Well it is a path based on a tool. (although not a stone one)

So, it's even worse!
---
Elite: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Senseis: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#9 Posted: 02:56:23 03/09/2017
Paleolithic Pounder is godly. It's the obvious choice.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#10 Posted: 21:34:14 03/09/2017
I don't even use the traps so the top bath by a galactic mile.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
kczportalmaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1635
#11 Posted: 19:21:18 04/09/2017
paleolithic pounder
---
go home villains your all drunk off for your G()D DVWN @5535
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me