darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Spyro: Reignited Trilogy > Spyro Reignited Trilogy General Discussion Topic (NON-SPOILER VERSION)
First | Previous | Page 6 of 107 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 105 106 107
Spyro Reignited Trilogy General Discussion Topic (NON-SPOILER VERSION) [STICKY]
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#251 Posted: 09:24:26 17/02/2018
Yeah, agree, especially since the Elders are the only bipedal dragons in the games.
Some do get on all fours after being freed, but they still seem to retain an upright structure; I’m personally fine with that, it kinda make them seem more wise in a certain way.

Hunter as a playable character in flight levels would be cool, he does have a winged suit after all, but I think he should be unlocked only after you meet him for the first time in Avalar: then he could be used in Spyro the Dragon and from the start in Year of the Dragon.

They should definitely give the option to switch buttons, and also have to make us move the camera with the right analog stick.
That’s basically a no brainer.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12760
#252 Posted: 09:41:52 17/02/2018
I only just realised that every adult dragon in the original series stand upright while in LoS and Skylanders, they're all quadrupeds regardless of age.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:42:33 17/02/2018 by alicecarp
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#253 Posted: 09:58:33 17/02/2018
I think a quadrupedal stance looks better for dragons, but I also like the idea of them being able to shift to a bipedal stance temporarily sort of like bears.
---
Boop me if you see this.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#254 Posted: 11:22:02 17/02/2018
Just quickly back to the female character subject... Let's not mince words, the first game is a sausage fest, though the other two have a good few female characters. Someone would find a way to complain that the first one feels too much "boys rule" or something equally silly. But again, there are plenty of clones, maybe even remove the dragons that appear twice to put in new ones - be cameos, female dragons, or just fixing the fact some of them change color and VA.

Edit: huh, TIL that Ragnar from Shadow Legacy was also in the first game, though he also changed color. I wonder if people would like the AHT redesigns for the elders, maling them tinner and less muscly?
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:25:51 17/02/2018 by Bifrost
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#255 Posted: 12:59:54 17/02/2018
Oh, y'know, I just realized... I wonder how Vicarious Visions would handle the camera. Because, well, their recent experience in developing is Skylanders (fixed camera) and N. Sane Trilogy (fixed camera). But the Spyro games had a free range camera, and any remakes should definitely keep that, and map the camera to the right analogue stick instead of the shoulder buttons. <.<
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#256 Posted: 13:25:53 17/02/2018
Shouldn't be too big of a problem since the games have a lot of open spaces, as long as they don't take control away from the playsr. Yooka-Laylee got a LOOOT of **** for having an unwieldy camera and very little window to correct it, so that kind of mechanic is no longer okay.
---
#257 Posted: 15:35:29 17/02/2018
I hope they have options for camera control. A choice between inverted and uninverted, and a choice between manual and automatic. I don't know why all games don't just make those options standard.
---
Boop me if you see this.
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3328
#258 Posted: 16:36:31 17/02/2018
In OT a lot of them went down on all fours and it looked cool. I think they rarely walk bipedal but it's more comfortable to stand bipedal. AHT may be a different story tho
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
Buchi Ripto Gems: 445
#259 Posted: 16:53:51 17/02/2018
Anyone still looking out for news? Just curious.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#260 Posted: 17:00:09 17/02/2018
Quote: Buchi
Anyone still looking out for news? Just curious.

I'd doubt we'd get any news soon, but then again the supposed reveal is in March, so leaks are still possible.

Actullay, do we know what date of the possible reveal?
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#261 Posted: 17:02:31 17/02/2018
I don't think we'll get anything until March, if at all.

Interesting coincidence while talking about Cynder though - looking at her model for Academy, I noticed her concept art is way less lanky, and she has a familiar pose. Make the wings on the old style and get her a little shorter, you're almost there with a Classic redesign.
---
#262 Posted: 17:13:20 17/02/2018
I don't even have a PS4, so unless this gets ported, none of it would even matter to me. Still, if it did, I'd play it.
#263 Posted: 17:17:41 17/02/2018
Just an FYI for ya Buchi, the rumor does say that this year, Crash ports for the other consoles are coming, while Spyro ports are slated next year.

Just a rumor, but I thought I'd let you know.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:26:43 17/02/2018 by HeyitsHotDog
#264 Posted: 17:21:55 17/02/2018
I think the Kotaku article said this year.
---
#265 Posted: 17:23:20 17/02/2018
TBH I don't think it makes much sense to port Spyro a whole year ahead of Crash when they release around the same time frame (Crash ports and Spyro remakes), but at least I'd have Crash in the meantime. Never played Crash before either.
#266 Posted: 17:49:52 17/02/2018
Did they? Huh, didn't know.

Could buy a PS4, yes, but I don't want to spend £300 or so just for one game. I'll wait if/until it gets ported.
#267 Posted: 17:54:39 17/02/2018
Switch has plenty of franchises I'm familiar with, as well as most of my favourites. I'm fine with what I've got, and don't plan on buying a PS4, regardless of whether or not Spyro becomes exclusive.
#268 Posted: 18:00:47 17/02/2018
Yeah, I agree that I've got to broaded my tastes, that's kind of become a new year's resolution for me. However, I'm not going good either financially or socially, so I've not got enough sources of income to justify spending on a console I'm not familiar with.

I'm fine with what I've got anyway.
#269 Posted: 18:00:56 17/02/2018
I plan to eventually get a PS4!
---
#270 Posted: 18:10:24 17/02/2018
This reminds me though, I do have an old PS1 and PS2 from when I was a kid. I could probably find the originals somewhere if I looked for them. So far, my entire library for both those consoles are mostly movie/franchise tie-ins, lol.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#271 Posted: 18:29:41 17/02/2018
Quote: JCW555
Quote: spyroid101
Replaying the trilogy recently, some tiny stuff I hope they end up adding is a toggle for the inverted up-and-down flying/aiming controls, as well as a possible toggle to switch the charge and flame buttons, (especially since we've now been conditioned to the button switch for YEARS, ever since AHT.)

...A bigger, more personal thing I'd hope they change, that's very much just my personal bugbear, is just making ALL the dragons quadrupeds like Spyro.

Even since I was a kid, I always found myself... hating the bipedal designs of the dragons. They just... never felt RIGHT to me dhasjkdhsjakd

Probably maybe won't happen... but I can dream, lol 8'D

I guess in my little headcanon, in the classic Spyro universe, once you became old enough and have been "trained" per se, you could start standing and walking on two feet, and Spyro isn't old enough yet to do so.

It seems like you've brain farted on that one, because when you complete the game, you get a cutscene where Spyro is being interviewed, and he's standing up straight smilie I think that's the ONLY time he does that.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
spyroid101 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3793
#272 Posted: 20:40:49 17/02/2018
I dunno, all the bipedal dragons in Spyro just always felt too strangely HUMAN-LIKE to me (especially in AHT, where they gave them VERY human hands and palms, VS Spyro's very clear PAWS), VS our VERY MUCH quadruped-built main protagonist, the other only 10% quadruped dragon population, and the quadruped dragon statues... Spyro's bipedal dragons just always hit all my "Uncanny valley" feelings, and it only got worse as the graphics got better and almost made Spyro look like he's a completely different animal compared to all the adults dhskadhjsk.

But ye, I acknowledge that that's probably just a "Me" thing, lol =p

Though speaking of dragons, another neat thing I'd possibly like to see, if possible, would be to add Spyro 2 & 3's "Fairy zap" checkpoint system, and having the dragons stick around as NPCs after they're freed, so you can walk up and just talk to them to replay their message. It'd help the Spyro 1 words feel a bit more populated like the Spryo 2 & 3 worlds.
---
My DA: http://spyroid101.deviantart.com/
DragonCave: http://dragcave.net/user/spyroid101
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/spyroid101?feature=mexp
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8532
#273 Posted: 20:50:22 17/02/2018

Though speaking of dragons, another neat thing I'd possibly like to see, if possible, would be to add Spyro 2 & 3's "Fairy zap" checkpoint system, and having the dragons stick around as NPCs after they're freed, so you can walk up and just talk to them to replay their message. It'd help the Spyro 1 words feel a bit more populated like the Spryo 2 & 3 worlds.

Laura's article did mention an updated saving system, though I don't know why the remakes would need it because all three Spyro games are quite generous with save points, with all the dragons in 1 acting as one, and Zoe's zaps in 2 and 3 were plentiful.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:52:37 17/02/2018 by JCW555
#274 Posted: 20:55:48 17/02/2018
Part of me thinks it's in relation to Spyro 1's save/checkpoint system. In there, you could only save if you found a dragon pad and stopped at it, while the other two let you have a nice, quick, general save you could do any time from the pause menu.

The dragon pads as checkpoints also come with the slight problem, that with how fast-paced the game is, it's quite easy to accidentally go just a liiiiitle too far to the side of the pad as you're charging though, and miss touching the checkpoint. VS the Fairy Zaps that home in on you as you're passing though, so you don't have to stop and deliberately touch a pad to get the checkpoint.

...Also might just be referring to the possibility to have more then three save files?
---
#275 Posted: 21:09:26 17/02/2018
Part of me thinks it's in relation to Spyro 1's save/checkpoint system. In there, you could only save if you found a dragon pad and stopped at it, while the other two let you have a nice, quick, general save you could do any time from the pause menu.

The dragon pads as checkpoints also come with the slight problem, that with how fast-paced the game is, it's quite easy to accidentally go just a liiiiitle too far to the side of the pad as you're charging though, and miss touching the checkpoint.
VS the Fairy Zaps that home in on you as you're passing though, so you don't have to stop and deliberately touch a pad to get the checkpoint.

...Also might just be referring to the possibility to have more then three save files?

Hmmm, I forgot that possibility. Good point. I wonder if they'll be two save systems in Spyro 1, the classic way and the "modern" way, whatever that might be. Or hell, an amalgamation of both!

Having more than three save files would be very nice.
---
InsomDog Platinum Sparx Gems: 6823
#276 Posted: 21:29:20 17/02/2018
As long as no sheep are harmed in the making of this remake...
#277 Posted: 21:30:44 17/02/2018
Quote: InsomDog
As long as no sheep are harmed in the making of this remake...

And you always get the shemp smilie
---
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#278 Posted: 22:11:19 17/02/2018
And another difference about the save feature from Spyro 1 to 2 and 3 is that when he goes from portal to portal, the game didn't auto save in the first one, so they could also add that in.

And it would be nice if they kept the roll ability in 2 and 3, I liked it, and I actually found it useful in some parts of Spyro 1, like it was easier to dodge the dogs in Toasty.

And having the camera control for the right analog stick is a must have, because the camera on the L2 and R2 buttons are very outdated now.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#279 Posted: 22:17:16 17/02/2018
How did using shoulder buttons even work? I can vaguely imagine how, but... seems like it wouldn't allow for much camera movement compared to the right analog stick.
#280 Posted: 22:34:46 17/02/2018
Pretty much as it says on the tin. L2 and R2 buttons turned the camera left and right. That was your only on-the-go camera movement.

If you wanted to look up or down, you'd have to stop and hold triangle to get a view from behind Spyro's head, in which your left analog stick moves his head to look around.
---
#281 Posted: 22:38:18 17/02/2018
...Yup, sounds like I expected. I've found that being able to look up and down in the few platformers I do own helps a lot.
#282 Posted: 22:45:07 17/02/2018
To be fair, when it came to Spyro's gameplay, the camera's automatic movements were pretty good at showing you everything you needed to see vertical-wise. (...Unless you were playing the Japanese version of Spyro 1, but that's a whole other monster)

But yeeeeah, it's definitely outdated, and everyone's pretty much conditioned to associate the right stick with camera movements in just about every game now.
---
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#283 Posted: 23:17:49 17/02/2018
Hopping in to this thread (late?) because I am SO excited! I was listening to the original soundtrack last night, and it is SO good. smilie

The music, for me, will be a make-or-break factor if this remake is a thing.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#284 Posted: 03:30:04 18/02/2018
I’d like to give my personal opinion about Spyro being interesting for both males and females (sorry if I’m a bit lat, but I don’t have much to say about controls and gameplay features anyway).

Despite the serious lack of female characters in the first game, I never felt like that mad it suffer from a male-only focus: the aesthetics, the designs and the gameplay itself make it perfectly fine for girls as well, despite it being probably marketed primarily towards boys.

Gateway to Glimmer and Year of the Dragon made a better job at that by adding Elora, Bianca, Sheila, the Sorceress and all the other minor NPCs, but I’ve always felt like the first three games weren’t aimed precisely towards a specific sex.

Crash is much more male-oriented for a number of reasons, if you ask me.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#285 Posted: 03:58:08 18/02/2018
I do feel like the Spyro fanbase has a higher percentage of female fans than many other video game fanbases. At least when it comes to the male/female ratio on message boards dedicated to those games.
---
Boop me if you see this.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:40:40 18/02/2018 by Muffin Man
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#286 Posted: 04:19:08 18/02/2018
I think it's because girls like looking at hot muscular male dragon bods

I'm only kidding. I think
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3328
#287 Posted: 04:21:08 18/02/2018
Quote: Bryman04
I think it's because girls like looking at hot muscular male dragon bods

I'm only kidding. I think

i know i do smilie
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
#288 Posted: 05:17:50 18/02/2018
Spyro is trash, remake needs to add waifus and face rubbing or else I'll boycott it.
#289 Posted: 06:25:29 18/02/2018
Man, I kinda realized how much of an undertaking this is for Vicarious Visions. While I'm sure there were more levels in Crash Bandicoot, they were linear for the most part. Doing the math, there's 101 levels in the first 3 Spyro games (35 in Spyro the Dragon, 29 in Ripto's Rage, and 37 in Year of the Dragon), and besides the four top down 2D Sparx levels in Year of the Dragon, the other 97 levels are fully 3D open-ended(ish?) worlds. Props to them if they can really nail them all.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:26:01 18/02/2018 by JCW555
LindseyWednesdy Blue Sparx Gems: 769
#290 Posted: 06:33:14 18/02/2018
^That's why I'm thinking that production must have started before they even saw Crash's performance, or we're not getting them this year. Maybe next year?

It is a whole lot of work, and I don't think, even with two teams, they could get it all done so quickly?
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#291 Posted: 06:38:33 18/02/2018
If VV is indeed doing this I'm very curious what Toys For Bob has been working on and hiring for all this time.
---
#all Spyros are valid
#292 Posted: 06:39:40 18/02/2018
Quote: LindseyWednesdy
^That's why I'm thinking that production must have started before they even saw Crash's performance, or we're not getting them this year. Maybe next year?

It is a whole lot of work, and I don't think, even with two teams, they could get it all done so quickly?

That's why I think they started working on Spyro in 2016. The cheat code for the Spyro demo in the N. Sane Trilogy for Warped works, and that released in June 2017. I think Vicarious Visions saying "just keep asking" about the Spyro remakes was them being a little coy with us. They added the cheat code for a reason, right?

Or Laura is wrong with the release date, which she has been once or twice. Who knows.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 06:57:36 18/02/2018 by JCW555
LindseyWednesdy Blue Sparx Gems: 769
#293 Posted: 07:12:18 18/02/2018
Quote: JCW555
Quote: LindseyWednesdy

That's why I think they started working on Spyro in 2016. The cheat code for the Spyro demo in the N. Sane Trilogy for Warped works, and that released in June 2017. I think Vicarious Visions saying "just keep asking" about the Spyro remakes was them being a little coy with us. They added the cheat code for a reason, right?

Or Laura is wrong with the release date, which she has been once or twice. Who knows.

No, you have a good point. If they did start working on the games in 2016, then the release for this year might be correct. I think the main thing holding a 2018 release year back is the production time, but if they started, say 2015-2016, then they've been working on this for some time already. I hope it comes out this year, I would love it sooo much! <3

Even more questionable than the release year would be the announcement date in March? Are their any gaming events in March? I would have thought at E3.
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 07:19:40 18/02/2018 by JCW555
First | Previous | Page 6 of 107 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 105 106 107

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me