Page 1 of 1
Why all the Sprocket hate?
Mobcraft101 Red Sparx Gems: 63
#1 Posted: 18:41:56 02/08/2017 | Topic Creator
Look, I understand that Sprocket isn't the best Skylander in the world, she has her flaws, she isn't my favorite either, but what's with all the hate I've been seeing? Seriously, I honestly don't understand the reason for disliking her so much.
---
I say "I'm sorry" every second of every day. I love Akame Ga Kill. I'm a teen girl who probably shouldn't be here. I make bad art.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#2 Posted: 18:43:26 02/08/2017
You might be 5 years late. I haven't seen anyone mention Sprocket in a good while in the new games.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#3 Posted: 18:54:20 02/08/2017 | Topic Creator
well I recently started to look at images of Sprocket (I look at images of characters online when I'm bored) and I saw all these things making fun of Sprocket, and I don't get why.
---
I say "I'm sorry" every second of every day. I love Akame Ga Kill. I'm a teen girl who probably shouldn't be here. I make bad art.
Johnbonne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1216
#4 Posted: 19:45:18 02/08/2017
It depends on the times; I hated the look of Stump Smash when he first came out, but now I kinda want to get him. The same with Boomer, Drill Sergeant, Fire Kraken and Hell, even Sprocket. For £2 I'd give her a shot, and I doubt I'd be as annoyed as I would've been when Giants released. But for her RRP of £7.99 when she released? I ay doin' dat boi.

But I'm basing this all on looks. I don't really know why she gets hate. It might not even be intended as hate; instead people just prefer other Skylanders a great deal more than her. Do you have any opinions on her? smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:46:53 02/08/2017 by Johnbonne
#5 Posted: 19:54:56 02/08/2017 | Topic Creator
Well, her design isn't the best, but it's pretty eye-catching. I like to use her in Aerial Attack because due to her bright colors I can see her a bit better than I can see other Skylanders in that level (not sure if this is just me tho). And some of her attacks can be useful, plus driving in the tank is pretty fun, Lol
But I understand what you're trying to say, I originally HATED Trigger Happy, Gill Grunt, Pop Fizz, and a few others because their designs were weird to me. But now I wanna get them, but of course, the best online store that sells them (Amazon) overprices them. Bash was 50 US dollars last time I checked, no joke. That's horrendously expensive for a single Skylanders figure. Hopefully, I can find a place that sells that cheaper...
---
Wally-Gang Gold Sparx Gems: 2987
#6 Posted: 01:07:40 03/08/2017
I think if you look at her gameplay you will come to the same conclusion we did in my house. Sprocket is the first skylander with a fairly complex set of moves. Build the cannon, turn it into a tank, get into the tank, then drive. All the while enemies are hammering away at you. It can get frustrating and lead to shelf time. Spotlight is the other one that comes to mind having this same problem with complex moves but was saved from the hate because of her element and that there were four games out when she burst on the scene.
Players were not ready for that kind of skylander when giants was released, probably why the volume of negativity has diminished.
---
"Come rang or shine"
Still troubled by him speaking
#7 Posted: 02:21:39 03/08/2017 | Topic Creator
Well.....I like Sprocket, but that's an interesting point that I've never actually thought of...
---
Wally-Gang Gold Sparx Gems: 2987
#8 Posted: 20:39:57 03/08/2017
Quote: Drawdler
Quote: Wally-Gang
I think if you look at her gameplay you will come to the same conclusion we did in my house. Sprocket is the first skylander with a fairly complex set of moves. Build the cannon, turn it into a tank, get into the tank, then drive. All the while enemies are hammering away at you. It can get frustrating and lead to shelf time. Spotlight is the other one that comes to mind having this same problem with complex moves but was saved from the hate because of her element and that there were four games out when she burst on the scene.
Players were not ready for that kind of skylander when giants was released, probably why the volume of negativity has diminished.

Spotlight has complex gaeplay? Howso? I found her pretty easy to play spamming her light well thing and clones from it, and her beam spread pretty easy.

Then again, I'm saying this as someone who always hated Spotlight lol.

The eye beams bouncing off the rings takes time to set up and activate. It's a great AoE attack but takes time and leaves her a bit helpless. Comparable to the Sprocket fight style. I'm sorry you are not a fan of her, I really enjoy the character and the strategy involved to use her well.
---
"Come rang or shine"
Still troubled by him speaking
#9 Posted: 01:37:59 04/08/2017 | Topic Creator
The people on this forum are far nicer than the rest of the internet...far nicer than I expected. No stupid arguments yay :-D
---
Halvmorke Emerald Sparx Gems: 4391
#10 Posted: 15:55:15 04/08/2017
It seems you don't know this forum yet...
---
Elite: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Senseis: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#11 Posted: 15:21:16 07/08/2017
Nothing wrong with Sprocket . She was the first "super charger" . I always admired her forsight and smarts.
Kaos would have been whupped long ago if every Skylander owned a panzer .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#12 Posted: 18:41:07 07/08/2017
I'll stand up for Sprocket, too. She is actually one of my favorites. I mean she makes a tank. I like hit-and-run style of playing. She drops mines without missing a beat, and can set gun turrets to fight along with you. Operator path is preferred, and I've tested both.

I also beat Kaos for the first time with her.

Nothing but love.
---
Any last wishes?
#13 Posted: 19:14:56 07/08/2017
Quote: Wishblade
I'll stand up for Sprocket, too. She is actually one of my favorites. I mean she makes a tank. I like hit-and-run style of playing. She drops mines without missing a beat, and can set gun turrets to fight along with you. Operator path is preferred, and I've tested both.

I also beat Kaos for the first time with her.

Nothing but love.

She's lucky to be with you!
---
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#14 Posted: 19:32:27 07/08/2017
Stop, Halvmorke. Ninjini is getting jealous.
---
Any last wishes?
#15 Posted: 20:41:49 07/08/2017
You know what they say, "where there's room for two, there's also room for three" (at least in my country).
---
#16 Posted: 17:06:21 12/09/2017
Well well well, *points a few sections upward* someone decided to honor Sprocket a bit more!

Honestly, I never thought of her in the show, but since Skylanders are more job-oriented in the alternate canon, Sprocket fits the lore and personality of the group like a glove.
---
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5357
#17 Posted: 18:13:57 12/09/2017
Sprocket best tech.

fite me
---
Soon.
Earth-Dragon Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#18 Posted: 00:59:23 05/11/2017
Many of the “straight human” characters aren’t that appealing look wise. When it’s a choice between some goober girl and Magna Charge.....the choice is simple.
---
Glad heroic challenges are gone. Imagine doing 165 per skylander. That's 27225 challenges. No thank you.
#19 Posted: 11:17:36 05/11/2017
Sprocket, because Magna Charge would show VV can only draw robots. Some techy girl is at least variety :I
---
#20 Posted: 19:27:06 13/11/2017
Quote: Bifrost
Sprocket, because Magna Charge would show VV can only draw robots. Some techy girl is at least variety :I

High Volt. Probably not a robot. There, 1 out of 5 VV tech Skylanders aren’t robots.
---
Soon.
#21 Posted: 20:05:47 13/11/2017
It's just as likely that he's a robot. His arms are screw-shaped. Either way, they designed him exactly like one, Sprocket has much more of the "organic" part like Trigger Happy.
---
#22 Posted: 20:27:36 13/11/2017
I look at High Volt like Drobot, aka Cyborgs. Were the other three from SF Robots? Wind Up, Spy Rise, and Count Down....I guess so. But seeing as I hadn’t noticed, I’d say the robot thing hadn’t been completely played out at that point. At least they spread the field (clockwork, explosives, magnets, creeper) and had a unicycle and spider-legged guy in there. Remember, both TT techs were robots as well. Before those two games, tech actually was more on the organic side of things.
---
Glad heroic challenges are gone. Imagine doing 165 per skylander. That's 27225 challenges. No thank you.
#23 Posted: 20:51:51 13/11/2017
Quote: Earth-Dragon
I look at High Volt like Drobot, aka Cyborgs. Were the other three from SF Robots? Wind Up, Spy Rise, and Count Down....I guess so. But seeing as I hadn’t noticed, I’d say the robot thing hadn’t been completely played out at that point. At least they spread the field (clockwork, explosives, magnets, creeper) and had a unicycle and spider-legged guy in there. Remember, both TT techs were robots as well. Before those two games, tech actually was more on the organic side of things.

The TT cores weren’t robots, we had a helicopter dinosaur and whatever Tread Head was.
---
Soon.
#24 Posted: 23:56:16 13/11/2017
Quote: emeraldzoroark
Quote: Earth-Dragon

The TT cores weren’t robots, we had a helicopter dinosaur and whatever Tread Head was.

Another dinosaur... thingy?
---
#25 Posted: 00:08:06 16/11/2017
It was interesting to go back and notice ALL tech gimmick-landers are robots. The only exception is the Superchargers oddly
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:08:37 16/11/2017 by Earth-Dragon
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#26 Posted: 01:39:01 20/11/2017
Pretty sure Sprocket isn't even hated at all.
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me