darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Skylanders: Imaginators Year 2 - General Discussion Topic [!CONFIRMED FAKE!]
Page 1 of 6 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6
Skylanders: Imaginators Year 2 - General Discussion Topic [!CONFIRMED FAKE!] [CLOSED]
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#1 Posted: 10:04:56 06/06/2017 | Topic Creator
[User Posted Image]

SKYLANDERS: IMAGINATORS YEAR 2 IS NOT CONFIRMED (NOT YET BUT WE NEVER KNOW)!
IF IT'S FALSE, I'LL CLOSE THIS TOPIC!

-------------------------------------------------------

So guys, I decided to make this topic for various reasons, one of these is to avoid the creation of multiple topics about this supposed "Year 2" update.

WHAT WE KNOW ABOUT "YEAR 2":

1) Somebody leaked informations about this update/DLC on 4chan.
He/She showed a pic of S2/Lightcore Barbella + He/She gave informations about the existence of Lightcore/S2 Sensei and about two new characters, Krakatoa and Void.
S2/Lightcore Barbella:
[User Posted Image]
Krakatoa is a Cthulhu creature-like and he shoots lava from the tail. Void is an alien character (he wasn't playable yet so they made these characters in the past month in my opinion).
Supposed in-game Krakatoa pic released after 2-3 weeks from the first leak:
[User Posted Image]
The only strange thing is that he has the "Fire Brawler" tag under his name (like the Imaginators) and not the "Sensei" tag (It can be a mistake since it's a probably prototype version of Krakatoa).
2) TAGG teased something on Instagram (He isn't joking in my opinion, I mean, he has a lot of subscribers on Youtube and that will be stupid to do, also he leaked Imaginators last year): https://www.instagram.com/p/BU-n3gVBBy1/
3) Q4 Adventure Pack listed for the Q4 2017 on an official Activision year schedule:
[User Posted Image]
4) New Skylanders book in 2018 (cover not released yet): https://www.amazon.com/dp/1608...ords=skylanders
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:17:45 13/06/2017 by Buuzer
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#2 Posted: 10:24:15 06/06/2017
To answer newkill's question in the Krakatoa Screenshot topic... I have no idea.
Tried to view the topic a couple times, yesterday, and it constantly said the page couldn't be accessed.
Also tried simply visiting 4chan and it worked just fine.

Maybe they temporarily had some problems, or most likely my iPad did.

But yeah, the OP said basically everything which needed to be said.
I believe it's 100% true, but it might as well not be: however I simply cannot doubt it so much when I'm that convinced about it's legitimacy.
Would be very close to nitpicking, in my eyes (like saying it doesn't look good or Skylanders-ish, that's not only subjective and opinable but also a bit of a rash judgment, since it's just one frame of a magic moment which could very well not even be final).

The only thing I'm not super convinced about is TheAsianGuyGamer actually teasing: not because he knows it's fake, but because he doesn't know if it's true or not.
We'll see.

All of that being said, I'm tired of the argument as well and pretty much said everything I had to about the subject.
We'll find out in less than a week anyway.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:25:10 06/06/2017 by Drek95
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#3 Posted: 10:32:53 06/06/2017
I believe I'm to only person who likes Krakatoa's design

So far, I'd say it's pretty solid proof, but about TAGG's "teaser", because I don't think he is teasing, if it was real, I'd say Sir Leaks-a-Lot would be a bazooker.

Also, don't the elements with classes seem weird to you, Krakatoa is confirmed fire brawler, We think Void might be dark quickshot, and If Sir-Leaks a lot turns up to be true, which it probably won't, he would turn into a water bazooker most likely.

So I guess they are gonna be elements mixed with battle classes that don't really make sense.
If you are wondering what I mean, I mean like

Air Sentinel
Tech Swordsman
Dark Swashbuckler

Know what I mean?
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
Halvmorke Emerald Sparx Gems: 4391
#4 Posted: 11:02:52 06/06/2017
Tech Ninja makes less sense in that case. Don't know why Dark Swashbuckler is strange at all, neither Air Sentinel.
---
Elite: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Senseis: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#5 Posted: 11:08:58 06/06/2017
Quote: Halvmorke
Tech Ninja makes less sense in that case. Don't know why Dark Swashbuckler is strange at all, neither Air Sentinel.

Forgot about Ninja

IDK, I was trying to make combinations that didn't make sense and I failed
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#6 Posted: 11:33:28 06/06/2017 | Topic Creator
You can see that the photo is a screenshot (with date + hour) and not a edited photo on photoshop:
[User Posted Image]
I have high hope but, please, E3 come faster!
Does anybody know the date? Monday?
---
#7 Posted: 11:35:08 06/06/2017
Quote: Buuzer
You can see that the photo is a screenshot (with date + hour) and not a edited photo on photoshop:
[User Posted Image]
I have high hope but, please, E3 come faster!
Does anybody know the date? Monday?

I believe they show footage during the same day as the playstation conference, so whenever that is
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#8 Posted: 11:36:14 06/06/2017
I'll join the discussion in a moment, just wanted to share this:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wp9x...0copia.jpg?dl=0

That's how I kinda imagine Krakatoa's head to look like (terrible drawing, I know, the mouse definitely isn't for me).
Hope you at least got the idea.

Regarding Battle Classes, I don't understand how some combinations wouldn't work.
I think it's all a matter of concept and idea, no limits really.
A Tech Ninja could easily throw gears, an Air Sentinel could have a staff which also rotates to produce wind, a Dark Swashbuckler could wield two really cool looking daggers with all sorts of effect on them.

Don't forget it all revolves around imagination, after all. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:41:49 06/06/2017 by Drek95
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#9 Posted: 11:45:30 06/06/2017
This krakatoa thing makes me wonder if the four legged creatures could finally make their way.

As for the leak itself, don't know what to think, honestly. Would it be useful to use that photoshop detector with this pic?
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
#10 Posted: 11:48:37 06/06/2017 | Topic Creator
@Drek Yeah, that's how I imagine Krakatoa's face! Maybe he has tentacles too has hinted by the leaker (Cthulhu)?
@angelg Already done. No sign of photoshop in this photo.
---
#11 Posted: 11:48:39 06/06/2017
Quote: angelg
This krakatoa thing makes me wonder if the four legged creatures could finally make their way.

As for the leak itself, don't know what to think, honestly. Would it be useful to use that photoshop detector with this pic?

Already done, it's not photoshopped.
If it's fake then it's a modded in-game model of an Imaginator, or something similar.

EDIT:
ninja'd. smilie

Yeah, didn't add tentacles because I only drew what I could make out from the image (eye and mouth not included of course), but they would fit the description even more.
Also curious to see his tail, you can kinda spot a portion of it and it looks short and stubby.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 11:53:16 06/06/2017 by Drek95
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#12 Posted: 12:10:49 06/06/2017
Quote: King-Pen Krazy
I believe I'm to only person who likes Krakatoa's design

Heck no man, I think's it's a really cool design.
I love bulky characters like him and I'm looking forward to his first release.

Anyway, I think that this year we'll get 10 Lightcores of Old Senseis and 10 New Senseis. Maybe Villains to be I think I'm being to hopeful here.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
McMurderpaws Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#13 Posted: 12:30:41 06/06/2017
Quote: Drawdler
Couldn't they use Photoshop then take a screenshot of the Photoshopped image?
That's more or less what I think they did with the Lightcore Barbarella... made it from a composite of other images in a graphics editor, then printed it out and took a picture of the result with a cellphone.
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#14 Posted: 12:36:20 06/06/2017
At last! We have a thread. I personally think the thing is real. I've talked to some people and gotten some interesting responces.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
Coxula Blue Sparx Gems: 689
#15 Posted: 14:48:19 06/06/2017
I may be the only one here but I'm really not so hyped about the spoilers/teasers/leaks... Are you really looking forward for new Senseis?
I mean... to the day I put more money in figures I've ever wanted to.

So the good thing for me - if any of the "leaks" are true - is, that Imaginators wouldn't be dead and most probably would get new content.
But please no more "1 level plus one new figure"-packs but a big content update. Maybe new features like a multiplayer arena (local multiplayer would satisfy me - I don't need online multiplayer personallly). Or levels specially designed for coop multiplayer...

Don't get me wrong! I don't want to get all your hate and I can understand the hype to some point. But is it really all about new figures?
---
SI: collection complete! :-)))
#16 Posted: 14:57:04 06/06/2017
The way I see it new figures should mean new Soul Gems, and new Soul Gems would mean more levels.
Don't think they would simply announce a bunch of new Skylanders and pretend we'll play them in chapters we've already completed.

Each Adventure Pack came with a character so that we could try it in a brand new level, don't see why it would be different this time.
I'm definitely expecting an update with about 4 or 5 new levels, a true proper expansion.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
portal_agent98 Green Sparx Gems: 108
#17 Posted: 15:13:32 06/06/2017
Of course its all about new figures!
SkylandrPurists Emerald Sparx Gems: 3367
#18 Posted: 16:25:39 06/06/2017
Quote: Coxula
I may be the only one here but I'm really not so hyped about the spoilers/teasers/leaks... Are you really looking forward for new Senseis?
I mean... to the day I put more money in figures I've ever wanted to.

So the good thing for me - if any of the "leaks" are true - is, that Imaginators wouldn't be dead and most probably would get new content.
But please no more "1 level plus one new figure"-packs but a big content update. Maybe new features like a multiplayer arena (local multiplayer would satisfy me - I don't need online multiplayer personallly). Or levels specially designed for coop multiplayer...

Don't get me wrong! I don't want to get all your hate and I can understand the hype to some point. But is it really all about new figures?

I understand what you are saying! I do agree that hopefully the game will add a little bit new (besides some new Senseis)...kinda like what Mario Kart 8 Deluxe did.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmilie
#19 Posted: 20:33:06 06/06/2017 | Topic Creator
This pretty much confirm the placeholder tag under Krakatoa's name (if he's real):
https://www.instagram.com/p/BU...kylanders&hl=it
---
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#20 Posted: 20:38:36 06/06/2017
That was with an old version of the game. If they're working with such an old version that it still uses placeholder tags, it's a bigger concern.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#21 Posted: 20:41:47 06/06/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bifrost
That was with an old version of the game. If they're working with such an old version that it still uses placeholder tags, it's a bigger concern.

I think they assign the class + element to a new character like we do with the Imaginators that's why he have the "Fire Brawler" tag under his name, then they put the Sensei tag at end.
---
#22 Posted: 22:30:11 06/06/2017
That's a relieving confirmation.
I think they may have worked on all Senseis simultaneously, and kept the year 2 ones completely under wrap.

Someone, I think it might have been newkill, pointed out the time required for characters to not only be designed and developed but also produced as toys.
Guess they might have kept the last part for the these months, so that they could work on the characters (and maybe levels) during the previous ones.

Weird that the 4chan leaker mentioned Void "still being under development", though.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:59:09 06/06/2017 by Drek95
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#23 Posted: 22:50:05 06/06/2017
Quote: Drek95

That's how I kinda imagine Krakatoa's head to look like (terrible drawing, I know, the mouse definitely isn't for me).

Regarding Battle Classes, I don't understand how some combinations wouldn't work.
I think it's all a matter of concept and idea, no limits really.
A Tech Ninja could easily throw gears, an Air Sentinel could have a staff which also rotates to produce wind, a Dark Swashbuckler could wield two really cool looking daggers with all sorts of effect on them.

Don't forget it all revolves around imagination, after all. smilie

That's how I imagine Krakatoa as well in the image, kinda like a shield headed triceratops like head.
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
#24 Posted: 23:28:07 06/06/2017
I think they may have worked on all Senseis simultaneously, and kept the year 2 ones completely under wrap.

Someone, I think it might have been newkill, pointed out the time required for characters to not only be designed and developed but also produced as toys.
Guess they might have kept the last part for the these months, so that they could work on the characters (and maybe levels) during the previous ones.

Weird that the 4chan leaker mentioned Void "still being under development", though.

Remember; when Fryno was originally revealed he was still under development. We weren't supposed to see gameplay until after E3 but the choppy gameplay leaked anyway.
---
#25 Posted: 23:42:49 06/06/2017
Quote: ninja9351

Remember; when Fryno was originally revealed he was still under development. We weren't supposed to see gameplay until after E3 but the choppy gameplay leaked anyway.

I thought Fryno gameplay was shown at E3
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#26 Posted: 23:55:36 06/06/2017
Quote: King-Pen Krazy

I thought Fryno gameplay was shown at E3

We saw a brief clip of it, but that was supposed to be it. Someone leaked a couple minutes of it though by the end of E3.
---
#27 Posted: 00:13:45 07/06/2017
I remember FamilygamerTV showed Fryno footage

here it is

It's around 20 seconds
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#28 Posted: 01:19:37 07/06/2017
That's also very true, in fact I was thinking precisely about Fryno while I was writing that post.
However I assume this time they had less characters to create, thus having more time for each one of them, but maybe they simply didn't want to show Void's gameplay yet since they had no problem sending unfinished Krakatoa b-rolls.

Anyway, the more I think about this the more I believe in it.
This has never happened with any leak before, if anything I started to doubt them.
E3 truly could't come sooner!
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#29 Posted: 01:37:24 07/06/2017
Watch one of Steve Smith's videos. He was talking about Spitfire in that video. This forum's reaction to this is very similar to the reaction to the original Spitfire leak.
---
SkyFan91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1806
#30 Posted: 01:38:26 07/06/2017
Watch one of Steve Smith's videos. He was talking about Spitfire in that video. This forum's reaction to this is very similar to the reaction to the original Spitfire leak.

Pretty much
#31 Posted: 01:40:05 07/06/2017
Sorry if this is off-topic, but I was reading this review for imaginators, and

"The seventh Skylanders game is without question the best in the series"
Seventh

---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#32 Posted: 01:57:01 07/06/2017
Well, get hyped for 2018, I guess. smilie

Couldn't find that specific video, but I have to say I never doubted Spitfire's prototype legitimacy, not even for a second.
This is a less obvious situation, but I think the proofs are all evident.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
goldenrushducks Yellow Sparx Gems: 1572
#33 Posted: 02:53:16 07/06/2017
Hate to be that guy, but that toy doesn't look legit. We now live in an era were we can take high quality pictures within a minute, unlike six years ago when SSA came out. Plus it doesn't even look centered, and why would they release a s2 lightcore now/at all? Not saying it doesn't exist, but rather my opinion towards it. Then 4chan isn't a very reliable website, I mean a lot of users seem crazy enough to microwave a... smaller microwave... or a silverware collection.

But remember heart breaker buckshot, which will likely be released for next years Valentine's Day.
And just asking, they're making DLC/update to imaginators? Like something you download? Or they are releasing a new toy that was never conceived yet?
MA-Josh Blue Sparx Gems: 587
#34 Posted: 03:04:12 07/06/2017
Quote: goldenrushducks
Hate to be that guy, but that toy doesn't look legit. We now live in an era were we can take high quality pictures within a minute, unlike six years ago when SSA came out. Plus it doesn't even look centered, and why would they release a s2 lightcore now/at all? Not saying it doesn't exist, but rather my opinion towards it. Then 4chan isn't a very reliable website, I mean a lot of users seem crazy enough to microwave a... smaller microwave... or a silverware collection.

But remember heart breaker buckshot, which will likely be released for next years Valentine's Day.
And just asking, they're making DLC/update to imaginators? Like something you download? Or they are releasing a new toy that was never conceived yet?

If there's new content it'll be added to the game through a patch like the latest two Level Packs and the Imaginator parts that came with them, but you'll unlock it through new toys that have yet to be revealed and released
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Josh from Mon Amiibo
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#35 Posted: 03:27:50 07/06/2017
my theory is that krakatoa is scp-173
Flame58 Blue Sparx Gems: 528
#36 Posted: 05:44:31 07/06/2017
Ok so, I'm not gonna say it's 100% fake, but as someone who has a background in 3D modeling/animation and worked inside a video game company in the past, I hope some of you will value my thoughts, especially the first paragraph.

There is an unwritten rule when it comes to character design for cartoon/comics/fantasy/etc. characters, that gray should never be used as a primary color. It is a dull neutral unappealing color, something you would want to avoid being used too much on a toy you want to sell to customers. Check all other Senseis and Skylanders from previous games and characters from a Top 50 Comics Heroes. They very rarely use the color gray as their main color. Krakatoa is mainly gray with yellow features, which is not particularly appealing. Gray textures are often used on unfinished character models during their development though, so the argument that the leaked picture only shows an unfinished version of Krakatoa can be made. However, the anonymous person who leaked the picture says that what we see comes from b-roll footage that will be shown at E3. Usually, when a company intends to show something at a big show like E3, they want to make sure it looks polished and as close as possible to the final product. Krakatoa as shown in the picture does not strike me as a finished character. All Senseis have a weapon and a gear part that can be unlocked for Imaginators creations. Why does Krakatoa have no weapon or gear at all?

Some people stated that this kind of fake 3d model could only be done by someone working the industry, but that's not true. This can be done by someone with only a few months of learning 3D modeling and texturing who does it as a hobby. Integrating 3D models to a different scenary without making it seem like it is photoshopped is also something that you learn throughout 3D illustration courses.

The arguments regarding the displaying of "Fire Brawler" instead of "Sensei" is a bit of an endless ping pong match. "Krakatoa displays "Fire Brawler" under his name instead of "Sensei", he is fake." "Yeah but characters like King Pen had a "Water Brawler" text when they were first revealed before the release of the game, means nothing." "Yeah but we are several months after the release of the game, why still use the incorrect text?" etc. so I don't think we can really rely on that text to tell if the leak is true or false.

The fact the leak comes from 4chan is not something that really goes against whether it is real or fake. It has the same legitimacy as if it would have been leaked with a fresh account on Reddit or Instagram.

The chart showing "Adventure Pack" for Q4 http://uk.businessinsider.com/...march-29-2017-3 the article says the source of the chart is from UBS, but I am unable to find the actual source, which is annoying and prevent me from getting a clear idea of the accuracy of the chart. It does not seem to come from a public Activision press release or whatever, it may not be 100% accurate. These kind of charts are sometime subject to change. Why does it say Q4 Adventure Pack, but there's no mention for the Q1-Q2 CTT and LIM packs?
---
"Let the flames begin!"
Punch_Potion_X Blue Sparx Gems: 894
#37 Posted: 08:14:16 07/06/2017
Wow...

I decide to not check Dark Spyro for one day!
*Sigh*

Anyway,

AHHHHHHH!
THE HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I'm done.

I think theat Krakatoa looks pretty legit (for a unfinished model), although we can't say for sure.

Yep, pretty much how I imagined it as well.

I can't actually think for some reason, too much hype
I'll post back here when I calm down

Imaginators Year 2
Pls be real
---
Skylanders Ring of Heroes.
Will (hopefully) only require pockets half as deep
#38 Posted: 10:25:44 07/06/2017
Quote: Flame58
Ok so, I'm not gonna say it's 100% fake, but as someone who has a background in 3D modeling/animation and worked inside a video game company in the past, I hope some of you will value my thoughts, especially the first paragraph.

There is an unwritten rule when it comes to character design for cartoon/comics/fantasy/etc. characters, that gray should never be used as a primary color. It is a dull neutral unappealing color, something you would want to avoid being used too much on a toy you want to sell to customers. Check all other Senseis and Skylanders from previous games and characters from a Top 50 Comics Heroes. They very rarely use the color gray as their main color. Krakatoa is mainly gray with yellow features, which is not particularly appealing. Gray textures are often used on unfinished character models during their development though, so the argument that the leaked picture only shows an unfinished version of Krakatoa can be made. However, the anonymous person who leaked the picture says that what we see comes from b-roll footage that will be shown at E3. Usually, when a company intends to show something at a big show like E3, they want to make sure it looks polished and as close as possible to the final product. Krakatoa as shown in the picture does not strike me as a finished character. All Senseis have a weapon and a gear part that can be unlocked for Imaginators creations. Why does Krakatoa have no weapon or gear at all?

Some people stated that this kind of fake 3d model could only be done by someone working the industry, but that's not true. This can be done by someone with only a few months of learning 3D modeling and texturing who does it as a hobby. Integrating 3D models to a different scenary without making it seem like it is photoshopped is also something that you learn throughout 3D illustration courses.

The arguments regarding the displaying of "Fire Brawler" instead of "Sensei" is a bit of an endless ping pong match. "Krakatoa displays "Fire Brawler" under his name instead of "Sensei", he is fake." "Yeah but characters like King Pen had a "Water Brawler" text when they were first revealed before the release of the game, means nothing." "Yeah but we are several months after the release of the game, why still use the incorrect text?" etc. so I don't think we can really rely on that text to tell if the leak is true or false.

The fact the leak comes from 4chan is not something that really goes against whether it is real or fake. It has the same legitimacy as if it would have been leaked with a fresh account on Reddit or Instagram.

The chart showing "Adventure Pack" for Q4 http://uk.businessinsider.com/...march-29-2017-3 the article says the source of the chart is from UBS, but I am unable to find the actual source, which is annoying and prevent me from getting a clear idea of the accuracy of the chart. It does not seem to come from a public Activision press release or whatever, it may not be 100% accurate. These kind of charts are sometime subject to change. Why does it say Q4 Adventure Pack, but there's no mention for the Q1-Q2 CTT and LIM packs?

Really interesting reading!
Didn't know quite a few of the things you mentioned.

So, about the first part, I don't think Krakatoa is necessarily grey: the lighting during magic moments is a bit weird at times, especially in SuperChargers and Imaginators.
Couldn't find one (well, I did but it doesn't let me post it because of a glitch, I think) but you can see some images where Senseis' black garments appear blue-ish grey while inside the vortex.
They are all low quality images just like the leaked one, so Krakatoa might actually be darker, which would make the yellow parts pop a lot more.
I do agree he looks unfinished but it wouldn't be the first time they provide old and even messy b-rolls.
Weapons aren't a problem: Grave Clobber unlocks brass knuckles despite not wearing any and we had some curve balls, like Air Strike and Boom Bloom, which don't look or play like their Battle Classes would suggest.
Coincidentally both Grave Clobber and Air Strike are Brawlers.

Again, the point regarding modding is not that it cannot be done but rather that most likely no one would have interest in doing it with a Skylanders game, not even to create false hype.
The gaming community mostly hate this franchise, but never actively tried to trick us so they could make fun of fans, they prefer to ignore it entirely (at least until guest-stars show up).

Absolutely agree on the label.
On one hand knowing that all the Senseis had it at one point makes me hopeful, on the other makes me suspicious because they should have gotten past that part quite a few months ago.
Could be just messy b-roll again, it's not a very important thing and we would probably simply find it curious if we had seen the actual gameplay in action.

Regarding the chart, my best guess would be that they didn't care to mention the last two Adventure Apcks because they already announced the first and released an update to include both, but I can't go any further.
Don't know if the original source has ever been posted or found.

Sorry if I wrote so much, but I wanted to be exhaustive since you took quite some time to write as well. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 10:29:37 07/06/2017 by Drek95
#39 Posted: 11:38:25 07/06/2017

I agree, so MUCH

Honestly, I believe the new characters might nit be sensei's, but cores. Which would explain why sensei doesn't appear at the bottom
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#40 Posted: 11:58:25 07/06/2017
I think the belt proves it's a Sensei.
That's their common trademark after all.

Unless it has been modded in, of course.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#41 Posted: 12:14:45 07/06/2017
If we had a bigger picture we could see if it wasn't taken from another Sensei to look legit, but as it is that's all we got.

Really nice explanation, Flame58. I never used mainly gray at all on my character designs out of habit, but never had thought much about why.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#42 Posted: 12:33:08 07/06/2017
I can try to look at all the other belts, but I don't know if there could be a way to adapt an exsisting one to a new model.
And yeah, a single image isn't that helpful anyway.

Doesn't look like Tri-Tip's for sure, and he should be the Sensei with the most similar body structure to Krakatoa.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#43 Posted: 13:30:19 07/06/2017
Well, I think we'll definitely know for sure once E3 comes by next week and we either see nothing on Skylanders or we see Krakatoa, whether he looks like that or not.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
nitendofan92 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4572
#44 Posted: 15:54:16 07/06/2017

Good... It may be an imaginiator after all

It design is weird compared to other skylanders
---
THE END IS NEAR
#45 Posted: 16:13:06 07/06/2017
I'm still on team real
#46 Posted: 17:11:16 07/06/2017 | Topic Creator
I made some analysis on the character too.
You can clearly see that Krakatoa has animation (a new one, nobody makes that animation) in the game.
You can see the blurred-movement effect on his arm, so he must stopped the video at some moment of his "intro animation":
[User Posted Image]
Also, he has the "green thunder effect" on his right side.
People talks about the quality of the 3D model of Krakatoa, it's a screenshot made with the STAMP function on a 480p video (in my opinion), that's why he looks "dead and low quality".
I've already repeated this before but...
We can say that 3D model is in the game, it's not a photoshop edit at all.
Maybe a modded 3D model? I don't think so, we have 0 news on the "Skylanders game modding".
I'll repeat this to the death, nobody would care to make a 3D model for this game, trying to bypass the code by putting a 3D model + a new animation, too much work to do (I know how this stuff works, I was a modder in the past)
And for what? To get some attention? On 4chan? A site ruled by trolls and co.? They even close the topics and he'll get no credit for the "leak", so why bothering to make all this stuff?
And, you can see the lava on his back (shoulder and tail, like the leaker said, "he shoots lava from his tail").
In the end, I have come to the conclusion that Krakatoa is real.
Yeah, his design is not so good but it's debatable (maybe he was drawn by a different artist?)
I mean, I love his design. And, does Chain Reaction looks like a Skylander to you all? No, he doesn't.
If it's false, then it's a VEEEERY good fake. But I have my reasons to believe that it's real.
80% real.
20% fake.
Sorry for my grammar but I wanted to show my reasons... Thanks for reading.
---
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 17:20:45 07/06/2017 by Buuzer
omer1698 Gold Sparx Gems: 2258
#47 Posted: 17:17:58 07/06/2017
it does make sanse buzzer, no troll no matter how much haterd he\she have for skylanders will bother to make a convincing fake skylander just to make a fake hype. but i still think that we should wait to E3 befroe we can call "real", just to be sure.

allso i think that his head might be based on sauron.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:20:48 07/06/2017 by omer1698
#48 Posted: 17:32:59 07/06/2017
Quote: Buuzer
I made some analysis on the character too.
You can clearly see that Krakatoa has animation (a new one, nobody makes that animation) in the game.
You can see the blurred-movement effect on his arm, so he must stopped the video at some moment of his "intro animation":
[User Posted Image]
Also, he has the "green thunder effect" on his right side.
People talks about the quality of the 3D model of Krakatoa, it's a screenshot made with the STAMP function on a 480p video (in my opinion), that's why he looks "dead and low quality".
I've already repeated this before but...
We can say that 3D model is in the game, it's not a photoshop edit at all.
Maybe a modded 3D model? I don't think so, we have 0 news on the "Skylanders game modding".
I'll repeat this to the death, nobody would care to make a 3D model for this game, trying to bypass the code by putting a 3D model + a new animation, too much work to do (I know how this stuff works, I was a modder in the past)
And for what? To get some attention? On 4chan? A site ruled by trolls and co.? They even close the topics and he'll get no credit for the "leak", so why bothering to make all this stuff?
And, you can see the lava on his back (shoulder and tail, like the leaker said, "he shoots lava from his tail").
In the end, I have come to the conclusion that Krakatoa is real.
Yeah, his design is not so good but it's debatable (maybe he was drawn by a different artist?)
I mean, I love his design. And, does Chain Reaction looks like a Skylander to you all? No, he doesn't.
If it's false, then it's a VEEEERY good fake. But I have my reasons to believe that it's real.
80% real.
20% fake.
Sorry for my grammar but I wanted to show my reasons... Thanks for reading.

You pretty much explained what I was planning on doing later but you gave the better explanation X D
Page 1 of 6 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me