Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > Mario + Rabbids Battle Kingdom
First | Previous | Page 3 of 3
1 2 3
Mario + Rabbids Battle Kingdom
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#101 Posted: 14:40:53 30/08/2017
NB's issue were too many 'chill area' themes where it didn't fit, but YK seemed to never get good after the hub. This game's remaster of Peach's Castle feels like a parade, like the Terrarium of Terror or Banjoland.

About the recommendation, Zap, yup from I see on gameplay. Lengthy without many gameplay changes, but if you feel like you need some singleplayer fun, this seems to be just the thing until Odyssey.

Also, the rabbids are really NOWHERE as annoying as Minions from what I've seen. They're bratty and assholes all around, but unlike Minions they just have chaotic ways of getting places rather than lolrandom when not corrupted, and they almost constantly get their just desserts for doing stupid ****.

edit: wait if the VR can fuse two living objects and not just a person and an object

did Rabbid Peach kill DK in cold blood without knowing
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 21:07:38 30/08/2017 by Bifrost
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#102 Posted: 21:16:05 30/08/2017
Quote: Bifrost
NB's issue were too many 'chill area' themes where it didn't fit, but YK seemed to never get good after the hub. This game's remaster of Peach's Castle feels like a parade, like the Terrarium of Terror or Banjoland.

About the recommendation, Zap, yup from I see on gameplay. Lengthy without many gameplay changes, but if you feel like you need some singleplayer fun, this seems to be just the thing until Odyssey.

Also, the rabbids are really NOWHERE as annoying as Minions from what I've seen. They're bratty and assholes all around, but unlike Minions they just have chaotic ways of getting places rather than lolrandom when not corrupted, and they almost constantly get their just desserts for doing stupid ****.

edit: wait if the VR can fuse two living objects and not just a person and an object

did Rabbid Peach kill DK in cold blood without knowing

It can fuse a person and an object

The Ziggies are Rabbids fused with giant brushes
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#103 Posted: 21:22:58 30/08/2017
I said not just. Pirabbit Plant seems to be the first instance of two living things.

Also, wow, I got the Nuts and Bolts locations wrong, it's been a while. I meant Showdown Town, most of the soundtrack right now sounds like it's on the same mood-

---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#104 Posted: 21:32:49 30/08/2017
Nintendo you took the joke too far

[User Posted Image]
---
Bruh
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#105 Posted: 22:07:53 30/08/2017
On the subject of Kirkhope's scores, I've no idea if an orchestra was used for Kingdom Battle, but I do feel like the shift toward more bombastic pieces coincided with him starting to have his scores played by the City of Prague Philharmonic. They were used for N&B and Kingdoms of Amaleur(sic?), and wasn't YL supposed to get a fully orchestrated score? If that's the case, he probably composed the music anticipating the jump to orchestrations. In which case, get on it, Playtonic. <.<
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#106 Posted: 22:17:21 30/08/2017
Quote: HIR
On the subject of Kirkhope's scores, I've no idea if an orchestra was used for Kingdom Battle, but I do feel like the shift toward more bombastic pieces coincided with him starting to have his scores played by the City of Prague Philharmonic. They were used for N&B and Kingdoms of Amaleur(sic?), and wasn't YL supposed to get a fully orchestrated score? If that's the case, he probably composed the music anticipating the jump to orchestrations. In which case, get on it, Playtonic. <.<

Kirkhope said part of the OST is orchestrated, part is not, but he tried to make the non-orchestral songs feel like an orchestra. Yooka-Laylee got a full orchestra, I think.
---
Bruh
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#107 Posted: 01:11:53 01/09/2017
What is all this hate for Yooka-Laylee's soundtrack, I thought it was as amazing as all of Grant Kirkhope's work, and iirc, he said the reason Yooka-Laylee doesn't sound like typical Banjo-Kazooie styled music was because he and the team didn't want to go on autopilot with the development of the game and because it wasn't a tripple A title, he could take a risk, go in a different direction and try something different. The mood for the music in Yooka-Laylee is more atmospheric as a result.
With Mario x Rabbids, well, Grant Kirkhope has the pressure of a Mario title, so yeah, he had to give it all he could and be more bombastic. I love all of Grant Kirkhope's work and the music in Mario and Rabbids is amazing
#108 Posted: 01:27:08 01/09/2017
Speaking of music, the game's soundtrack (featuring more than 50 songs) is available to buy at various music streaming sites and digital music stores. Ubisoft also put it on YouTube.
---
Bruh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:27:52 01/09/2017 by Crash10
#109 Posted: 17:10:32 18/10/2017
Guess I'll double post again... The first of the Season Pass' DLC is here:

---
Bruh
First | Previous | Page 3 of 3
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me