*RUMOR* Lightcore Senseis leak [CLOSED]
sky-dragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3206
#201 Posted: 06:49:50 10/05/2017
All we need to is wait skyfan only time will tell
---
"ryuujin no ken wo kurae!"
SoulfulWolf Platinum Sparx Gems: 5772
#202 Posted: 07:58:38 10/05/2017
Regarding the Dark Element's eyes thing; Now I want a Dark Skylander that has no eyes, and 'sees' based off sound.
Punch_Potion_X Blue Sparx Gems: 894
#203 Posted: 08:03:24 10/05/2017
Quote: Drek95
Quote: TrapShadowFan
At this point Yroc could literally just comment with a smiley face and we'd all go insane. This seems very real to me so far; the Barbella figure is far too detailed to be a fake and the new names could be prototype names. If you think they're weird and generic, remember that Flashwing started out as Gem Dragon, and we have finished characters with names like Bat Spin, Chain Reaction, and Ember. I'm excited to see what becomes of this!

Agree and agree.

Honestly wouldn't mind that much an Air Skylander called "Hurricane" or and Earth one called "Quicksand", with already exsisting characters from the first game like Whirlwind and Bash.
But I have to say every name sounds rather cool to me, since english is not my first language.

I also agree with this. If you think about it, the most unique and creative names can sometimes be unexpectedly simple, boring or even silly. Right?

All this speculation for how many figures we're getting has got me thinking...
When was it confirmed that there would be a new Skylanders game in 2018...
The said there'd be no game this year, but did they said anything about next year?

I mean,
If they're going to do a good job on all this "Imaginators Year 2" stuff
How could they possibly work on Sky 7 - Which we're expecting to be an incredible finale to the series (Possibly) - at the same time?...

Also, my Air Sorcerer is named Hurricane smilie
---
Skylanders Ring of Heroes.
Will (hopefully) only require pockets half as deep
omer1698 Gold Sparx Gems: 2258
#204 Posted: 08:09:53 10/05/2017
I am not expacting sky7 to be the finale i prefar to just focus on whats ahead, and right now its "imagnitors year 2".

They didnt said at all that sky7 wil happen in 2018. They only said that it will not happen in 2017, but if evreything will go smoothly i expact that sky7 will be in 2018 or 2019... (if thre will be one offcourse but a man can only hope...).
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 08:28:44 10/05/2017 by omer1698
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#205 Posted: 08:23:47 10/05/2017
Activision might have hired a new team to work on Skylanders 7, for all we know.
But I have to say I'm not expecting Imaginators 2.0 to have nearly the same amount of content as the main game and roster, and since TfB were looking for new members they might still have the majority of the team working on the new game.

Though I have the feeling they are actually developing the Classic Spyro Trilogy remakes, especially since they were looking for people able to use the Unreal Engine 4, which is not the one used for Skylanders.
Don't think they would change the graphics.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Halvmorke Emerald Sparx Gems: 4411
#206 Posted: 08:31:04 10/05/2017
Quote: SoulfulWolf
Regarding the Dark Element's eyes thing; Now I want a Dark Skylander that has no eyes, and 'sees' based off sound.

Flameslinger?

Apart from Barbella, the only senseis really suitable for being LightCore are Ember and Blaster-Tron. The rest of them... don't seem very convincing, including Barbella herself, lighting up weapons is a really poor way of conceiving this kind of variant figures.

I'm really interested in Krakatoa, sounds awesome.
---
Elite: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Senseis: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#207 Posted: 08:34:34 10/05/2017
I got it! Karakota is actully a guest star, its actully squidword dressing the captin magma suit.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#208 Posted: 10:11:37 10/05/2017
The way I see it is: releasing something is better than a slow, dying fade-away.
---
Any last wishes?
SkyFan91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1806
#209 Posted: 11:10:01 10/05/2017
I think that VV will come back to the series after Nsane trilogy
#210 Posted: 11:24:02 10/05/2017
Quote: SkyFan91

Not until they have finished working on Destiny 2.
Unless they decided to split their team.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
SoulfulWolf Platinum Sparx Gems: 5772
#211 Posted: 12:32:59 10/05/2017
Quote: Halvmorke
Quote: SoulfulWolf

Flameslinger?

Apart from Barbella, the only senseis really suitable for being LightCore are Ember and Blaster-Tron. The rest of them... don't seem very convincing, including Barbella herself, lighting up weapons is a really poor way of conceiving this kind of variant figures.

I'm really interested in Krakatoa, sounds awesome.

Well, FlameSlinger is a fire element, and technically, he does have eyes [they're just 2 times blindfolded (remember back in Giants' trailers where he had a yellow blindfold under his red one?)]! Also isn't part of FlameSlinger's lore is that he has an enchantment that lets him magically see through fire?

No, I meant a skylander that biologically has no eyes what so ever. Blind from birth, possibly having powers based off echolocation. It's perfect for a Dark Element Skylander!
#212 Posted: 14:49:15 10/05/2017

Destiny 2 gonna keep them busy for next few months
---
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#213 Posted: 16:18:46 10/05/2017
I don't think that imaginators 2.0 is going to happen...Imaginators as a game seems rushed and some things feel very forced like the npc skylanders and the new sense of comedy and etc... I would rather have TFB work on another skylanders game. The barbella figure was probably a prototype or a scrapped idea...Why would they even choose babrbella as LC she's not that popular !!

The fact that they are using the unreal engine makes me think that they are going to start experimenting with the series again to keep things fresh and new espcially after the low sales...I don't think that there's a logical reason that would make them want to continue making more content for imaginators.I would rather have them work on a new game instead.

As mush as I really want new figures and levels I don't see it happening .
#214 Posted: 16:21:50 10/05/2017
Quote: sky-dragon

Really?
I though they had still a lot of work to do, but I admittedly didn't follow the development.
Don't even know when it's expected to be released.

Still, unless they were already planning something and partially begun working on it, I doubt they would have an entire new Skylanders game ready by the end of next year.
I wouldn't mind a Giants 2.0, though.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#215 Posted: 16:57:30 10/05/2017
Quote: sky-dragon

Really?
I though they had still a lot of work to do, but I admittedly didn't follow the development.
Don't even know when it's expected to be released.

Still, unless they were already planning something and partially begun working on it, I doubt they would have an entire new Skylanders game ready by the end of next year.
I wouldn't mind a Giants 2.0, though.

Destiny 2 released September 8 there doing a live stream may 18
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:58:13 10/05/2017 by sky-dragon
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#216 Posted: 17:25:53 10/05/2017
Though I have the feeling they are actually developing the Classic Spyro Trilogy remakes, especially since they were looking for people able to use the Unreal Engine 4, which is not the one used for Skylanders.

I mean, if booth Skylanders and the N. Sane Trilogy use the same engine, I can't see why they would work with another one for Spyro.
---
Bruh
#217 Posted: 18:48:48 10/05/2017
Quote: Crash10

I mean, if booth Skylanders and the N. Sane Trilogy use the same engine, I can't see why they would work with another one for Spyro.

It's called change...I don't see anything wrong with them using it for skylanders or spyro the dragon.
This is what spyro is going to look like with the unreal ending https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0maSOaAAmkw
This is so much better than the skylanders engine...just imagine the spyro remake or the next skylanders game with these graphics !!
This cutscene from Zelda is amazing i want the next skylanders game to be on the same level <3 https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vbMQ***6lo8
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 19:24:00 10/05/2017 by KingMed
#218 Posted: 19:40:18 10/05/2017
Well, from a purely personal point of view I don't think the engine used for Crash and Skylanders would suit Spyro games just as well.
Just looking at N-Sane Trilogy's gameplays it almost seems like they had it in mind for a lot of years and kinda used Skylanders to experiment on various things.

V.V. seems born to bring back the marsupial.
Even the camera angle of Skylanders seems more similar to the one in Crash games rather than the one in Spyro ones.

But in the end it's not much a matter of graphic engine, but style and design: N-Sane Trilogy got a lot of criticism not because the graphics weren't good, but because the first videos seemed to not capture the general atmosphere of the original Crash games.
And that's something an engine cannot do on its own.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#219 Posted: 20:27:44 10/05/2017
Yeah, what I mean is that, the engine can be just as good for Spyro, and there's not much Spyro did in his games that you didn't saw in Crash or Skylanders. Squash and stretch, water, you name it. And there's also the fact Crash showed the engine can be modified to VV's will. That's only my opinion, really.

About that Unreal Engine demo, am I the only one who thinks this screams "unprofessional"? Okay, Spyro's model does look good, and I know it's just a demo, but that scenario is something I would expect for a Legend game, not a classic Spyro game. And, I don't know, even if whatever TfB makes next uses the engine, I think the current engine works just as well.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, TfB and VV use a different engine each, so that might play a role as well.
---
Bruh
#220 Posted: 21:00:59 10/05/2017
I absolutely agree about Unreal Engine Spyro, same goes for the majority of the ones I saw.

At first they strikes you with how beautiful and goergeous they are, full of modern lighting and particle effects.
But then you ask yourself "but... does it feel like a Spyro game...?", and that's where you realize that it might look outstanding but it just doesn't feel the same, not even in the slightest.
The magical and whimsical atmosphere is gone, the carefully crafted textures and shadow/light effects have been replaced by plain colors and shaders and the lighting engine does the rest of the "magic".

Style and easthetics are not something which you can achieve with technically superior graphical engines, they are probably the closest to visual art in the videogames industry.
Just look at the majority of the Souls games: they might not have the best graphics around, but they sure know how to take adventage of what they have to work with.

And that's why I'm impressed by how V.V. is constantly tweaking N-Sane Trilogy to make it look as close as possible to the priginal games, and why I sincerely hope that whoever will be in charge of eventual Spyro HD remakes will do the same.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:01:47 10/05/2017 by Drek95
Squicman Yellow Sparx Gems: 1552
#221 Posted: 21:08:49 10/05/2017
Does lightcore even work on Switch and if it does, what's the point if all characters are saved on the console?
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#222 Posted: 21:51:16 10/05/2017
I think it's gonna be like this with each element:

1 Lightcore
1 New Sensei
1 Villain

Maybe it won't be like that with Light and Dark, but you get the idea.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
#223 Posted: 21:54:22 10/05/2017
Quote: Chompy-King257

1 Lightcore
1 New Sensei
1 Villain

Same thoughts as you exept I would change 1 new sensei to 2 new Senseis
#224 Posted: 01:48:43 11/05/2017
Just give me the rest of the Doom Raiders and I'll be happy.

I'm thinking we could get them like this -

Gulper - Sentinel
Chef Pepper Jack - Brawler/Knight/Swashbuckler
Dreamcatcher - Ninja
Luminous - Brawler/Knight/Swashbuckler
Nightshade - Brawler/Knight/Swashbuckler
---
#225 Posted: 05:00:44 11/05/2017
To be honest i am fine with the villains we alradey have, i will not mind to have the rest of the doom raiders along side some other villains, but i want more original senseis instead.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
#226 Posted: 05:08:54 11/05/2017
I don't think that we're getting the rest of the doom raiders if year 2 happend...probably just new charcerts and light cores.
#227 Posted: 10:12:16 11/05/2017
They better put out a lot of adventure packs or what's the point? New characters will be great, but playing the same chapters and arena will be a grind.
---
Any last wishes?
#228 Posted: 10:29:05 11/05/2017
Quote: Wishblade
They better put out a lot of adventure packs or what's the point? New characters will be great, but playing the same chapters and arena will be a grind.

I think they will put new AP, we will need to get te new figures soul gems somehow.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:29:36 11/05/2017 by omer1698
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#229 Posted: 10:31:25 11/05/2017

Well, we have an adventure pack announced for the 2017 Q4, so...
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
#230 Posted: 11:08:28 11/05/2017
The only way to make skylanders as good as it used to be is to bring back PVP...i know that they don't have enough time to balance skylanders and stuff ,but do they have to ?! Like I wouldn't really care if my imaginators are a 100 times stronger than my core characters from SSA. Bring back battle mode , arena challenges and maybe continue the story with 6 more levels it's going to be like a brand new game.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#231 Posted: 11:58:46 11/05/2017
Quote: Chompy-King257

1 Lightcore
1 New Sensei
1 Villain

So you think they are going to make up to THIRTY new figures for a game everyone has already had and beaten for about 8 months that is focused on the ability to create your own figures? Ha. We *might* get one figure per element if all this turns out.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#232 Posted: 12:10:29 11/05/2017
We might get it mismatched between new villains and LCs, but 6 months is in no way enough to scramble to get 20 old characters, let alone 10 new ones as well.

(Using 6 months as reference since we don't really know when they'd be allowed to resume development, in previous years they're on break soon after release)
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:14:18 11/05/2017 by Bifrost
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#233 Posted: 12:25:28 11/05/2017
Quote: Buuzer

When was this adventure pack announced? The only thing we have is hopeful conclusions from an Activision future plan that has many times in the past proven to be less than reliable for actual releases.
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#234 Posted: 12:36:35 11/05/2017
Quote: defpally
Quote: Buuzer

When was this adventure pack announced? The only thing we have is hopeful conclusions from an Activision future plan that has many times in the past proven to be less than reliable for actual releases.

Here:
[User Posted Image]
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
#235 Posted: 13:56:03 11/05/2017
My idea is that they would either create a single Expansion Pack with 4/5 levels or release at least 2 new Adventure Packs.
It depends on the number of new characters.

I just don't see them releasing a single new level, unless it's something truly meaty.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:38:41 11/05/2017 by Drek95
#236 Posted: 14:33:57 11/05/2017
I'm expecting there to be a good amount of AP's around 4 at least.
#237 Posted: 14:43:33 11/05/2017
If they intend to keep us busy until next year's game (assuming there will be one), I'd say 4 would be a good number, maybe even 5 so they can put 2 Soul Gems in each level.

Regarding Soul Gems, they could either put them in levels (but it wouldn't be fair unless those specific characters were part of the packs as well) or they could be already unlocked from the start.
Maybe they could even place them in the M.A.P., since it would no doubt receive an expansion.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#238 Posted: 15:04:14 11/05/2017
I also hope they give us a new story in Imaginators.
#239 Posted: 16:34:58 11/05/2017

a new story will not hurt, after all they stuck us in this ****ty cliffhanger ending.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
#240 Posted: 16:47:17 11/05/2017
Quote: omer1698

a new story will not hurt, after all they stuck us in this ****ty cliffhanger ending.

Yeah we really need a new story
#241 Posted: 17:13:55 11/05/2017
I have think idea where the Skylanders will have to deal with a certain someone from Academy's upcoming new season attacking the Skylands.

I think a nice 5 levels long arc could be a nice tie-in with the TV series.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#242 Posted: 17:47:08 11/05/2017
I have think idea where the Skylanders will have to deal with a certain someone from Academy's upcoming new season attacking the Skylands.

I think a nice 5 levels long arc could be a nice tie-in with the TV series.

I think they should save you know who for sky 7.
#243 Posted: 20:15:33 11/05/2017

At this point, Skylanders 7 is kinda like our Half-Life 3.
---
Bruh
McMurderpaws Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#244 Posted: 20:25:11 11/05/2017

If it still hasn't come out in 10 years, then sure, you can call it that. Until then, the hyperbole is only making you sound ridiculous.
#245 Posted: 20:33:34 11/05/2017
Quote: McMurderpaws

If it still hasn't come out in 10 years, then sure, you can call it that. Until then, the hyperbole is only making you sound ridiculous.

That was the point, actually. It's not like I actually think that.
---
Bruh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:35:30 11/05/2017 by Crash10
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#246 Posted: 21:16:40 11/05/2017
Quote: McMurderpaws

He means that we want it so bad, we are making ridiculous things and phrases and calling it proof that it exists
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#247 Posted: 00:21:01 12/05/2017

This video shows some pretty good ideas about lightcores we could get if we got one per element
---
#248 Posted: 00:38:07 12/05/2017
I know that this is quite off-topic, but that thumbnail makes me wonder if Boom Bloom's bulbs were actually inspired by SWAP Force's Power Pods.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#249 Posted: 02:34:30 12/05/2017
Krakatoa!
Void!

How exciting but give me Chef Pepper Jack. He would work well as a Swashbuckler.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#250 Posted: 02:34:50 12/05/2017
Quote: KingMed
The only way to make skylanders as good as it used to be is to bring back PVP...i know that they don't have enough time to balance skylanders and stuff ,but do they have to ?! Like I wouldn't really care if my imaginators are a 100 times stronger than my core characters from SSA. Bring back battle mode , arena challenges and maybe continue the story with 6 more levels it's going to be like a brand new game.

This. THIS!!!
---
Any last wishes?
First | Previous | Page 5 of 7 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me