Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Idle Chatter > Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#51 Posted: 22:25:10 14/02/2018
That looks like a lot of fun! Those guys must've had a blast filming those scenes. I wonder if Fallen Kingdom will use costumes too. They're already using animatronics, so I don't see why not smilie
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#52 Posted: 22:55:22 14/02/2018
I hope to see Spyro in Fallen Kingdom. Particularly his ETD rendition.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#53 Posted: 22:58:39 14/02/2018
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
I hope to see Spyro in Fallen Kingdom. Particularly his ETD rendition.

It's a movie about dinosaurs, not dragons, even if the resemblance is striking. By the way, I hope somebody lampshades the fact that dinosaurs are still being created despite the fact that so many deaths have occurred already.
---
LindseyWednesdy Blue Sparx Gems: 769
#54 Posted: 06:29:04 19/02/2018
For anyone who is interested in toys, there were a whole bunch of them announced and showed off at the New York Toy Fair...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/a...d/#253cf25041bc

Here is Bryce Dallas Howard showing off some of the toys on the today show...

http://jurassicoutpost.com/bry...oys-today-show/
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#55 Posted: 00:37:53 20/02/2018
Quote: LindseyWednesdy
Quote: Felines
I heard there is a Baryonyx. Those are awesome. Looking forward to seeing it. Also, I would like to see a Brachiosaurus again. Those things are huge, but I think my favorite is the Diplodocus. I think that was the longest neck of all. And let's not forget the Mosasaurus. Apparently, it's in the ocean now. Wondering how it will work out. Imagine you traveling on a yacht or a submarine and one of those things appear all of the sudden smilie

Speaking of the dinosaurs, did you hear Fallen Kingdom will rely more on animatronics than CGI? The first Jurassic World relied too much on it, which is one of the reasons some of the scenes didn't look realistic enough. CGI is good and all, but it's not wise to depend on it too much. Part of the reason the Jurassic Park trilogy succeeded so much is because they used more puppets and animatronics rather than computer, making the dinosaurs more realistic. Another reason to watch Fallen Kingdom smilie

I hope there's a baryonyx. looks like my sweetie pie, Spinosaurus a bit. :-)

With that thing in the ocean, I would be terrified. Giant sea creatures are bad enough in current times, but that thing would make me afraid of the beach. Not sure it would come so close to the shore, but I think you know what I mean! smilie

I agree so much with your second paragraph. I did hear about the animatronics, and I'm super happy about that. The animatronics made a whole lot of a difference, and I think that really came across more than ever with Jurassic World lacking enough of them being featured. I'll be %100 satisfied if it is true, and they use way more animatronics. :-)

I'm really late to this, but yes, the Baryonyx is in the film. The social media pages confirmed it:

[User Posted Image]

I think it goes without saying that I'm incredibly excited for this film. I absolutely adore Jurassic World and I love the direction they're taking the franchise. It's the only series of movies now where I actually feel like a kid watching them and not having any concern with actual criticism. I can't really say that for any other film franchise because I'm always critical to some degree, Jurassic World was the first and so far only movie where I look past that because of how much fun I have watching it(well, ever since I started to watch films analytically at least). And so far it looks like the next one is going to do that with flying colors.
---
Cool cool.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:38:24 20/02/2018 by pankakesparx456
#56 Posted: 01:01:44 20/02/2018
^ Oh gosh, yay! Thank you for telling us this. We're getting that dinosaur, at least! :-)
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
#57 Posted: 01:23:19 20/02/2018
Apparently its not Baryonix but Suchomimus.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#58 Posted: 01:57:58 20/02/2018
gaaaaaasp, really? it isn't? link, please!
---
#59 Posted: 02:17:24 20/02/2018
gaaaaaasp, really? it isn't? link, please!

Apparently at Tou Fair its called Suchomimus. Makes sense since Suchomimus was bigger than good ol' Bary.
---
#60 Posted: 02:25:51 20/02/2018
ohhhh. well, I like suchomimus, too. it still looks like a spino, so yay! :-)
---
#61 Posted: 02:44:14 20/02/2018
A Spinosaurus already appeared in Jurassic Park III, so I don't think it will be appearing again unless it's a cameo smilie
---
#62 Posted: 03:11:36 20/02/2018
^Oh, I know. It's just one of my favorites. <3

I wonder who the main antagonist will be this time? Dinosaur-wise.
---
#63 Posted: 03:13:19 20/02/2018
I guess it's safe to assume it'll be the Indoraptor. It's the Indominus all over again, except smaller.
---
#64 Posted: 03:25:16 20/02/2018
You're probably right. I wonder why, though? Its kind of strange with the made up dinosaurs.
---
#65 Posted: 03:26:12 20/02/2018
Also, Indoraptor has been confirmed to be Male.
---
#66 Posted: 03:43:18 20/02/2018
You're probably right. I wonder why, though? Its kind of strange with the made up dinosaurs.

Some people just never learn. My assumption is that the guy that appeared in Jurassic World, the one who wanted to use the Velociraptors for military purposes (don't remember his name), somehow got through some scientists with the idea and they went with it despite what happened with the Indominus.
---
#67 Posted: 04:24:40 20/02/2018
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
Also, Indoraptor has been confirmed to be Male.

Really? Thanks for the info. You're like a treasure trove.

Quote: Felines

Some people just never learn. My assumption is that the guy that appeared in Jurassic World, the one who wanted to use the Velociraptors for military purposes (don't remember his name), somehow got through some scientists with the idea and they went with it despite what happened with the Indominus.

That could be the case. You think that Indomiraptor and blue will fight each other? they're making a pretty big deal about blue in this next movie.
---
#68 Posted: 04:26:38 20/02/2018
^The trailer clearly shows the two of them will fight at some point.
---
#69 Posted: 04:30:20 20/02/2018
whoops, must have missed that. the new one or the old one?
---
#70 Posted: 04:34:09 20/02/2018
The new one. It's in the first page of this forum.
---
#71 Posted: 04:45:13 20/02/2018
Ahh, yeah, I only saw it the one time, and I was pretty tired, lol.

Thank you for correcting me, Felines! :-)
---
#72 Posted: 19:28:11 21/02/2018
Universal has greenlit a third Jurassic World movie for 2021:

http://variety.com/2018/film/n...021-1202706557/

We're getting a whole new trilogy of Jurassic Park movies, what a time to be alive
---
Cool cool.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:28:39 21/02/2018 by pankakesparx456
#73 Posted: 19:56:55 21/02/2018
They greenlit it before the second one even released? They must be pretty confident.

I think most of us pretty much assumed they would, but nice to know, either way!
---
#74 Posted: 20:20:28 21/02/2018
It'll be interesting to see how that plays out since Universal doesn't know how Fallen Kingdom is going to perform.

I mean it'll make money, there's no doubt about it, but the first Jurassic World was a really weird case. Even Universal wasn't expecting it to be as huge as it was.

Either way, that'll give me something to go nuts over in 2021. smilie
---
Cool cool.
#75 Posted: 12:52:42 18/03/2018
Recently, audition tapes of various actors trying out for roles in the first JP movie have been revealed. It's pretty cool.

---
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#76 Posted: 18:57:47 18/03/2018 | Topic Creator
Less than 100 days for the release of Fallen Kingdom

Here's some behind the scenes music

https://jurassicoutpost.com/ne...dom-soundtrack/
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#77 Posted: 18:31:49 30/03/2018 | Topic Creator
Colin Trevvorrow is now returning to direct Jurassic World 3
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#78 Posted: 20:08:53 30/03/2018
Quote: King-Pen Krazy
Colin Trevvorrow is now returning to direct Jurassic World 3

Eeeeeehhhhhh hopefully he do a better job than he did in JW.
---
#79 Posted: 20:14:18 30/03/2018
It's a fun movie I loved, but story and writing wise it was bad
---
#80 Posted: 20:24:20 30/03/2018
Quote: Sesshomaru75
I mean, Jurassic Park as a whole hasn't really been known for having story and writing as its strong points. :/ Plus, while he's not directing Fallen Kingdom, he still seems to be heavily involved, so...

[User Posted Image]

True.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:24:59 30/03/2018 by HeyitsHotDog
#81 Posted: 11:36:35 11/04/2018 | Topic Creator
Expect a final trailer to be dropping sometime this month
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#82 Posted: 18:01:18 13/04/2018 | Topic Creator
FINAL TRAILER COMING NEXT WENSDAY

HERE'S THE TEASER

---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#83 Posted: 13:39:50 18/04/2018 | Topic Creator
Everyone be on the lookout for the final trailer today
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#84 Posted: 16:57:39 18/04/2018 | Topic Creator

IT'S HERE!!
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#85 Posted: 22:00:03 18/04/2018
Wow, it looks awesome smilie
---
#86 Posted: 17:22:50 03/05/2018 | Topic Creator
Less than 50 days left!!
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#87 Posted: 21:50:52 21/06/2018 | Topic Creator
Been a while, BUT IT COMES OUT TOMORROW

I'm seeing it later with some buddies
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#88 Posted: 22:12:09 21/06/2018
Watching it too. But I may wait a while. I can't stand it when they're so many people in theaters. Many are just there to mess around and be annoying smilie
---
#89 Posted: 03:04:10 22/06/2018
Just finished watching it not too long ago, saw an opening night show.

Overall, I really liked it. Not as great as Jurassic Park obviously, or Jurassic World for that matter, but I did have a lot of fun with the movie. Probably gonna post some more in-depth thoughts later once I can collect them, but it's about on par with The Lost World for me personally(and I don't think I can imagine any JP movie being worse than 3). Definitely gonna see it at least one more time in the theater at some point.
---
Cool cool.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:05:42 22/06/2018 by pankakesparx456
#90 Posted: 19:02:22 23/06/2018 | Topic Creator
I saw it, and honestly believe it is MUCH better than people say it is

And I also think it's better than Jurassic World, it just felt, cooler, and I liked how the characters had personality
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#91 Posted: 12:50:36 27/06/2018
I saw it, didn't like the beginning, but the Isla Nublar on wards I very much enjoyed it. It has issues, isn't super well written, is stupid at points, is predictable and cliche, but over all a fun time.

Also, I love Indoraptor, but holy crap I think it was handled poorly. Like, he was rad and his role was cool, but I feel he could have so much more potential story wise.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:49:17 27/06/2018 by HeyitsHotDog
#92 Posted: 17:42:52 27/06/2018
So I've had time to think about it and I'll go over some crucial things I liked and disliked:

-The opening sequence is great. I think J.A. Bayona does a MUCH better job at directing than Colin Trevorrow, as the whole opening really plays up the series' horro elements. The brief illuminating shots of the T-Rex when lightning flashes was fantastic and it's one of the best scenes in the movie.

-As cool as it is to see Ian Malcolm in the movie, I honestly think it would've been better to leave him out. You could take his scenes out of the movie and nothing would affect it. It's just a glorified cameo.

-The entire act on Isla Nublar is great, and it continues to deliver exactly what I want from the World movies: stupid popcorn fun. It's what made me love Jurassic World so much and it does it great here.

-I like Chris Pratt a lot, but in this movie his character doesn't really have much of an arc. Nothing has really changed about Owen as a character from start to finish. He's a neat action hero, and worked for the first Jurassic World, but here with the movie's more serious storytelling elements it just doesn't work as well. In fact, I think Bryce Dallas Howard does a better job this time around. Claire is a much more interesting character here than in the first Jurassic World, and while she isn't as great as some of the classic characters from the franchise, she's still decent and she at least has an arc deciding whether or not these dinosaurs should live.

-That last shot on the island with the brachiosaurus was the best scene in the whole movie. It's sad on all the right notes and I think I got a bit teary eyed. However, this scene also has one of my problems with the movie: the callbacks to Jurassic Park. The brachiosaurus makes the exact same iconic pose as in the original Jurassic Park. It was something small that bothered me in the first Jurassic World, but again, I liked it because of how self aware World was of how dumb it all was. Here, once again because of the more serious storytelling, it's a lot more glaring.

-And on that note, the movie's biggest issue is the writing. The screenplay of this movie is just awful. Trying to bring in more serious and darker elements to this movie while still trying to retain World's sense of popcorn thrills does not balance well. Characters come off as way too cartoony and legitimately stupid because this movie takes itself way more seriously. The dinosaurs as weapons subplot was already the worst part of World, but, and I'll keep saying it: I didn't mind it because World didn't take itself seriously. This movie does, and it's not stupid in a fun way, it's just stupid. The entire second act drags the movie to a halt, because nothing interesting happens, it's all just more business talk about selling dinosaurs and weaponizing them.

-That said, the only good sequences in the second act are the ones with animatronics. These might be the best special effects for the series since the original Jurassic Park, because like the original JP, this movie seamlessly blends animatronics and special effects. I love the scene where Owen and Claire are trying to get the T-Rex's blood, because for the first time in a long while for the series, you feel like that's actually a dinosaur in there with them. Same goes for the scene where the characters are trying to operate on Blue, or some scenes with the Indoraptor.

-The Indoraptor is cool in concept, but such a missed opportunity. They don't really do much with it, and it just quickly comes and goes. The scenes it has are really cool, and I really enjoy the movie's final act, but they could've done so much more with this dinosaur.

-The third act is a lot of fun overall too. Once again, J.A. Bayona really shines with the horror elements, and makes a sequence in the mansion that does get pretty tense at times.

-I haven't mentioned the other characters because they honestly don't really do much for me and they aren't memorable in the slightest. But I do remember the little girl in this movie, and while she does give a fine enough performance, I really hate the story behind this character. I understand this is a movie with dinosaurs in it, but seriously? They're just gonna shoehorn human cloning into here and not one character is going to have a second thought about that???And I didn't like that she's the one that presses the button to let the dinosaurs loose on the mainland. It's obvious this was direction the series was going, but it could've been handled much differently and been much more satisfying. One of my favorite moments in this movie is when Claire makes the hard decision to let the dinosaurs die, but it's suddenly undone.

I may or may not add more to this, but overall I thought the movie was decent at best and alright at worst. If they cut the second act down and really played up the movie's dumb fun elements that are in the first and third act, I would've liked this movie a lot more. I did have fun and it delivered exactly what I wanted in some areas, but unfortunately did disappoint me in some other areas. 7/10.

If I had to rank all the movies from best to worst, it would probably look like this:
-Jurassic Park
-Jurassic World
-The Lost World: Jurassic Park
-Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
-Jurassic Park III

I can't say I hated Fallen Kingdom, like I did III, but I can't say I loved it like Park or World. Hell, I think The Lost World is still a slightly better movie than this one. I'm still going to see the third one when it eventually comes out, but I think in order for it to be great, or improve from Fallen Kingdom, they really have to go all-out with the stupid over-the-top fun, more so than Jurassic World. I think that's what makes these new Jurassic Park movies work so well with audiences. They can't have elements like hybrids or weaponizing dinosaurs and expect audiences to play along with any serious elements, if they wanted that then they'd just watch Jurassic Park or The Lost World because they did that so effectively.
---
Cool cool.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 18:38:38 27/06/2018 by pankakesparx456
#93 Posted: 18:04:11 27/06/2018 | Topic Creator
If I had to rank the movies best to worst I'd say this

Jurassic Park(Duh)
Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom
Jurassic World
Jurassic Park The Lost World
Jurassic Park 3
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#94 Posted: 18:24:12 27/06/2018
Might as well lost likes and dislikes about the film as well

Also, Pankakesparxs,it was a Brachiosaurus, not Brontosarus, just an FYI.

-Intro, while good, was predictable.It was obvious that the guy was gonna get away from Rexy, only to be eaten by Mosa. Regardless of predictability, it was good.

-It was good to see Malcom again, but he was just a cameo, when I would have preferred him being a main character. Jeff Goldblum was promoted to be in the film quite a bit and all we get is a cameo. Either go all out with him or don't at all.

-Chris Pratt was enjoyable, but he just plays Star Lord as Owen. He doesn't really grow at all. Claire was much better for FK, She clearly cares for the Dinosaurs this time around and wants them to live. She was done well.

-Blue was cool, but she feels to special without any explanation. She just sort of is.

-Maisie being a clone was dumb, and I knew about her being one before hand. And why she was made was cliche, literally we've seen the exact same reason before. It's just dumb. I'm also not too hot on the idea of human clones in the series, hopefully it won't be expanded on and she's just the one exception.

-Dinosaurs are the stars of the show, Rexy, Blue, Bary, Stigi, and Indo especially. Also curious about what will happen to Allo, Anky, and Bary in the next film, clearly their setting up something.

-This maybe be an unpopular opinion, but I feel as if it would have been a bit proper to have Rexy die on the island. She's synonymous with Isla Nublar and the first film and her passing would feel much stronger. Don't get me wrong, I love the Brachio, how it stood on it's hind legs the last time we seeing, which parallels the first time we do in the OG JP is brilliant. I just feel Rexy might have been more fitting.

-What about Isla Sorna? Why not do your best to bring the Dinos there? It's another island populated by the creatures and from what I know, no active volcano. Put'em there, let's see Spino and Rex Jr. again, how's he doin? Got his own kids now? I'm miffed it was omitted entirely despite still being canon.

-As pankake said, the screenplay is crap. Just look at what he wrote and it's pretty much my thoughts as well. It takes itself too seriously when it really shouldn't.

-The final act with in the mansion was fun as hell, so much goes on and it's all really fun. The atmosphere was great.

- And for my major complaint: Indoraptor. What a WAAAASTE. So much potential and it's all thrown out the window. Dr. Wu was talking to the Sam Rockwell lookin' guy talking about how they needed Blue for her unique traits, including empathy, problem solving and other attributes. I know it was a prototype, but good god I was hoping to God it already HAD those traits and as a result,wasn't actually a villanous character, more so misunderstood. What if it was curious and emphatic, especially towards Maisie, and actually befriended her. Giving us another Owen and Blue relationship and setting up something similar for the rest of the world. Wouldn't have that been so much cooler?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:28:33 29/06/2018 by HeyitsHotDog
gary Prismatic Sparx Gems: 11314
#95 Posted: 04:59:59 28/06/2018
I can't wait to watch it
---
"let go inside"Gary Sparkle said. (smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie are my collecting skylander)
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#96 Posted: 15:59:44 29/06/2018
i feel conned that jeff goldblum was just a glorified cameo

- - -
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me