Forum

Skylanders Academy

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Academy > Do you think Malefor will be in Skylanders Academy?
Page 1 of 1
Do you think Malefor will be in Skylanders Academy?
SkyFan91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1806
#1 Posted: 18:55:49 15/04/2017 | Topic Creator
So I'm pretty sure you've all finished the first season by now and since I made a dark spyro account months after I finished season 1 back in October, but as we know there was some shadowy figure at the end of season 1 when Kaossandra once again had the book back in her possession. Now yeah there's a chance it could be the darkness but I honestly think Malefor will come into the series beyond the return of the dragon King comics from 2015. So what do you guys think? Think Malefor will come in season 2 or season 3? Share your thoughts.
omer1698 Gold Sparx Gems: 2258
#2 Posted: 18:58:15 15/04/2017
i think that its posibly that malefor will be in academy, but i think that this dark entity in kaossandra book its probobly the darkness.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#3 Posted: 18:37:30 18/04/2017
I Think that it's possible for Malefore to be in season 2 since they are including Cynder in the show and they have mentioned something about a dark past.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#4 Posted: 02:27:43 19/04/2017
Not a chance unless it's just a cameo. As far as villains go we have Kaos, his mom (sort of), the Doom Raiders, AND the Darkness. Adding in Malefor when there's only going to be, like, 12 episodes or something is overcrowding things. It's a perfect recipe for rushed storylines.
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
SkyFan91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1806
#5 Posted: 02:43:08 19/04/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: HIR
Not a chance unless it's just a cameo. As far as villains go we have Kaos, his mom (sort of), the Doom Raiders, AND the Darkness. Adding in Malefor when there's only going to be, like, 12 episodes or something is overcrowding things. It's a perfect recipe for rushed storylines.

The shadowy figure at the of season 1 is NOT confirmed to be the Darkness. Plus it was noted that in academy season 2 we would be learning more of Cynder's past. And who has to do with that? Malefor!
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#6 Posted: 03:07:41 21/04/2017
Yes, but remember this is a tie-in Netflix series to the Skylanders games. Even if Eric Rogers is calling the shots, he does still have to answer to Activision. And while Malefor would be a decent marketing opportunity for Activision, he hasn't been in the games proper, while the Darkness has. If the goal is to get as many people (namely kids) to watch as possible, it is far more logical to use a villain from the popular games, as opposed to a (very boring) villain from the niche Legend of Spyro games (which butchered Marc Hamill's amazing voice) and some of the equally-niche comics.

And putting him in it would undoubtedly elevate Cynder's importance to the plot, possibly over other main cast members. People are still bickering about her importance in Dawn of the Dragon, so it's best not to go down that avenue. <.<
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
omer1698 Gold Sparx Gems: 2258
#7 Posted: 18:18:41 28/04/2017
yeah i think we have an official confirmation that malefor will be in academy.
[User Posted Image]
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#8 Posted: 11:49:38 29/04/2017
I'm so happy right now !!!
ClassicSpyroLUV Yellow Sparx Gems: 1193
#9 Posted: 01:50:45 14/09/2017
Quote: omer1698
yeah i think we have an official confirmation that malefor will be in academy.
[User Posted Image]

Can I see the source for that picture?
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#10 Posted: 01:57:35 14/09/2017
It's a deleted instagram tweet from Ashley Tisdale, and the showrunner more or less confirmed it's true when he was informed of the leak. If anyone knows how to search posts on April on that tag, it ain't me.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me