Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 35 of 45 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37 ... 43 44 45
The Haven Legacy: Ultimatum [CLOSED]
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#1701 Posted: 02:46:42 19/01/2018 | Topic Creator
Sybil didn't blamed Naga for Anue's actions. It was only a matter of time before she found out, and regardless of Naga's involvement with the rescue, she doubted it would've changed the wolf's decision.
"Well, I know fully well what I'm asking for. I don't like this idea, but the have left me no choice. I ordered Shadow to be sacrificed back then because he didn't give me another choice. I gave him so many chances to redeem himself, and it resisted in the loss of many lives. I'm not going to repeat that mistake. If I have to order the entire pack killed, then so be it." Sybil said callously, her years dealing with Shadow having made her hard and merciless. She use to have faith in every animal and give them many chances, but that wasn't the case anymore. Once the damage was done, there was no turning back.
"I'll be direct with you Mr. Naga. Don't hold back. I'm tired of showing mercy. And... erm... would you... I wouldn't mind if you ate a few of them." Sybil said with a twisted tongue, feeling so low to suggest such a thing, but once again, if Naga added such a large animal in his diet, it would be better for him and the Haven residents.

Quote: Spyroconvexity
"I will tell her." Snow said. "But maybe we can play when this is over?"

"Yes please." Cairo said, willing to welcome the cub's offer now that neither of the Haven residents, not even her mother or Sybil herself came to visit anymore. He was going to be gentle, though he knew it was going to be a little too hard for him.
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8581
#1702 Posted: 03:07:38 19/01/2018
"Snow smiled. I can't wait!"
---
SC
#1703 Posted: 03:22:29 19/01/2018 | Topic Creator
As Cairo continued watching the island from a distance, he now realized that he couldn't participate in the attack if he had the cubs in his care.
"Listen, would you like me to leave you at Hunted island? Things might get... ugly later on." Cairo warned, wanting to participate in the attack. Through he didn't mind watching the cubs for a while, being a babysitter didn't suited him very much.

But speaking of Hunted island, the visit Kali and the cousins planned for today had to be cancelled due to Barloc finding out about the plan yesterday night, shortly after visiting Sunflame at Whirlpool's burrow. He and Kali had a very heated argument and weren't speaking to each other, prompting the entire cockatoo family to try and do something about it. In the meantime, the cousins were at a distance watching what little could they see of the Haven, lamenting the fact that Barloc wouldn't let them visit.
"Come on, just for a while. What father doesn't know, can't hurt him. He's too busy being upset with mom." Nia suggested to her cousin, tired of this painfully limited lifestyle.
"I don't know Nia. Uncle Barloc is already mad enough. It wouldn't be smart of us to make him even more angry." The cautious Angus suggested, but he knew it was only a matter of time before Nia didn't follow his suggestion and decided to rebel like she usually does...
---
#1704 Posted: 03:24:56 19/01/2018
"What about that scary bird there?" Snow said.
---
SC
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8550
#1705 Posted: 03:25:44 19/01/2018
Quote: Felines
"Well, I know fully well what I'm asking for. I don't like this idea, but the have left me no choice. I ordered Shadow to be sacrificed back then because he didn't give me another choice. I gave him so many chances to redeem himself, and it resisted in the loss of many lives. I'm not going to repeat that mistake. If I have to order the entire pack killed, then so be it." Sybil said callously, her years dealing with Shadow having made her hard and merciless.
"I'll be direct with you Mr. Naga. Don't hold back. I'm tired of showing mercy. And... erm... would you... I wouldn't mind if you ate a few of them." Sybil said with a twisted tongue, feeling so low to suggest such a thing, but once again, if Naga added such a large animal in his diet, it would be better for him and the Haven residents.

"You did the right thing with Shadow-- believe me when I say that there was no redeeming him. As for the pack and for Anue... they promised to be more but revealed themselves to merely be more of the same. There is no turning back at this point and there will be holding back. Anue and her pack are done and one way or the other... they will leave this Haven.," Naga said seeming to reveal a hint of anger or perhaps anticipation at the idea. 'Yes-- it shall be shift. Anue... I'm coming for you.,' he thought to himself and Ender.

---

"Don't worry sis--! I'll protect you.," Hunter said not afraid.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 03:39:48 19/01/2018 by redwes
#1706 Posted: 03:45:36 19/01/2018 | Topic Creator
Sybil wondered what could Naga possibly mean with more. Did Anue promised him something in the past? It didn't mattered now, for it really seemed that Naga was genuinely on their side now and whatever alliance he had with the wolves, it was gone now. It seemed that, just like with Jet before him, Sybil managed to bring yet another threatening creature at her side just in time, when it was needed the most.
"Thank you for helping us Mr. Naga. I'm serious, thank you so much... I... I promise I will repay your kindness somehow, someday, after all this madness is over." Sybil assured, wanting to reward Naga not because she knew he would ask for something, but this time because she truly wanted to do something for him herself. It was in her goal now to help him live in the Haven without threatening the warblers, but she knew how hard giving up temptations could be, not to mention the task it was going to be to have the warblers themselves accept him. Even if it takes her a long time to convince the tiny birds to give him a chance, but even more to help Naga not to succumb to the temptation of hunting his old prey, she was going to make him an official member of the Haven. It was the least she could do after the positive things the python has done... and was still doing for her beloved sanctuary.

"Scary bird?" Cairo asked, having no idea what she was talking about.
"Ha ha, there are no scary birds there. Just cockatoos." Cairo assured, knowing there were other species of birds, but cockatoos were the only ones that interacted with them.
"They are a little ugly, aren't they? But they aren't scary." he added, trying to joke to lighten up the mood.
---
Wyrstel Emerald Sparx Gems: 4341
#1707 Posted: 05:35:12 19/01/2018
AJ: Seeing Sybil with Naga, from my place in the trees above, I jump down and land beside them with little to no noise. I could be just as stealthy as Naga and could even provide lookout in case he is attacked from behind. Still knowing that I am interrupting the two I wait for them to notice me.

Meanwhile on the beach, Anvor and Bjorn ready themselves for a fight as they see the armored wolves. Royal and Jaerl are watching warily from the tops of the trees. They are ready if they need to but they are worried about the armor.
#1708 Posted: 11:06:47 19/01/2018
"I think his name was Barloc. He's scary." Snow said cuddling up to Hunter.
---
SC
#1709 Posted: 13:14:17 19/01/2018 | Topic Creator
"Barloc? That oaf! What did he do to you now?" Cairo asked, knowing he had to have done something to Snow if she was addressing him like that.
"It doesn't matter little one. Barloc is all beak but no action. You shouldn't be scared of him. He's just a bitter grump. It's impossible to believe he's the father of such a sweetheart." Cairo said, being very fond of Nia. She would sometimes visit the orcas and play with them, even if her enthusiastic pecks were a little too much to bear. As for her father, Cairo had his mind set in teaching him a lesson one of these days, even if it meant damaging his view of predators even further.

Quote: Wyrstel
AJ: Seeing Sybil with Naga, from my place in the trees above, I jump down and land beside them with little to no noise. I could be just as stealthy as Naga and could even provide lookout in case he is attacked from behind. Still knowing that I am interrupting the two I wait for them to notice me.

Sybil did sensed something seemingly watching over them, but it couldn't possibly be a wolf, so she dismissed it as nothing to worry about. It was probably just one of the birds as usual being very worried about Naga's presence.

While she didn't noticed AJ, Sholeh did. She was on her way to meet Naga when she came across AJ from behind, but he wasn't the most interesting scene. It was what he was watching.
"What is going on here?" Sholeh whispered very quietly to herself, getting further away from AJ to prevent him from noticing her. Just what was Sybil doing with Naga? She knew it had something to do with the wolves, but what could it be? She couldn't visualize Naga helping the Haven residents...
---
#1710 Posted: 15:15:57 19/01/2018
"Could you stay nearby? I want to go to the island again. There were some nice ones there." Snow said. "Just in case he shows up."
---
SC
#1711 Posted: 15:37:20 19/01/2018 | Topic Creator
"Of course. And just ignore him. If he comes to bother you again, well, just lure him into the water. I can... ruffle him up a little to teach him a lesson." Cairo said with a naughty smile, looking forward to give Barloc a hard time if he starts bullying the dear cubs. Although he didn't wish Barloc harm in any way, he did want to give him a good scare. Whatever tragic past he had was no excuse for being so nasty with almost everyone.

Nia, still on the same perch, was about to fly away to the Haven while ignoring Angus, when she noticed something on the horizon.
"Say Angus. Look at that. Aren't those orca's dorsal fins? They look... more restless than usual." she said, with Angus agreeing with her upon closer inspection.
"It's true. That is rather unusual. Do you think there's a shark nearby?" He asked, having studied the orcas in the times they were there at the beach. Nia played with the orcas, but Angus was more interested in their behavior, and this pattern was slightly different than when they were hunting...
---
#1712 Posted: 16:13:17 19/01/2018
"If he does I've got Hunter here to protect me." Snow said as she cuddles up to him.
---
SC
#1713 Posted: 16:24:01 19/01/2018 | Topic Creator
Cairo snickered at how adorable that was as he left the cubs at Hunted island shore. He would remain nearby, but regretted the fact that he won't be able to participate in the pack's capture if he had to watch over the siblings.

Nia and Angus were nearby, and even though they were too far to spot the cubs, Cairo's overwhelming shape was unmistakable.
"Look there Nia. Isn't that Cairo?" Angus said, but she was already heading there it wasn't until they went closer that they noticed he wasn't alone.
"Hey Cairo? Who are those?" Nia asked enthusiastically, ready to welcome whoever these new faces were. Angus however, was a bit more cautious, getting behind Nia and at a small distance from them. Snow and Hunter were just cubs, but they were still a bit bigger than them and that was enough for him to feel fear.
---
#1714 Posted: 17:01:46 19/01/2018
"I-I'm snow and this is Hunter." She said.
---
SC
#1715 Posted: 17:40:46 19/01/2018 | Topic Creator
The cousin looked at each other, never seeing cats with these color patterns before.
"And... what are you?" Nia dared to ask despite her cousin's protest on not being rude. Before the cubs could answer though, Cairo answered for them.
"These are Sayan and Rose's cubs." he said politely, smiling at their confused face. He was reminded what a hard time he had assimilating the fact as well, given how two different species managed to create offsprings.
---
#1716 Posted: 18:15:29 19/01/2018
"We came here because of war."
---
SC
#1717 Posted: 18:58:35 19/01/2018 | Topic Creator
"War?" The cockatoos said in unison, more surprised about that than the cub's identities.

"Not again! Sheesh, what is it this time? Does every animal on this Earth have conspire to ruin that poor lady's Haven?" Nia complained, now knowing they did well in not going to the island and endanger themselves like that, though she now wished she could help.

"Wolves this time. They want Sybil and her friends out of the island so they can take it for themselves, and they want to hold our friends here for ransom in order to do it." Cairo explained, irritated on how everybody had thought the python was going to be the biggest threat, when that simply distracted them on what the real danger was.

"Well, what a jerkish move. Why can't they simply live in harmony with the Haven residents like they've been doing for a long time?" Angus said angrily, perplexed at the idea of another war, one that Barloc would certainly want to keep out of. He lost a few members of his flock in the last one, and since this wasn't his battle, Angus doubted he would do anything.

"I'll let Snow and Hunter here for protection. I will stay nearby. And please Nia, if your father finds out about this, please try to prevent him from making such a big deal out of it." Cairo pleaded, leaving the cubs and cockatoos to know each other. The orca found it annoying how racist he was with predators, and as much as he loved Nia, that wasn't going to stop him from punishing her father should he go too far with his predjudge.
---
#1718 Posted: 19:09:06 19/01/2018
"Could we go somewhere safe?" Snow said
---
SC
#1719 Posted: 19:28:06 19/01/2018 | Topic Creator
"Well, it's safe at Whirlpool's burrow. Just make sure to stay close. One could get easily lost in there." Nia warned, sounding disappointed. Snow seemed more concerned about finding a safe place than to get to know them better.
---
#1720 Posted: 21:51:51 19/01/2018
"I would play but I'm not in the mood right now."
---
SC
#1721 Posted: 00:27:35 20/01/2018 | Topic Creator
Nia understood, but still was disappointed. She and Angus lead the cubs to Whirlpool's burrow, heading directly to his room. It was easy to get lost in his home, but the cousins knew very well where his room was located. Wen they reached their destination, Whirlpool seemed like he was just waking up, but Sunflame was nowhere in sight, probably getting breakfast or something. Nia told Whirlpool everything Cairo told her, and then talked to the cubs;
"This is Whirlpool the wombat. He's very intelligent. He can cure wounds and body aches... be patient with him. He can't talk very well. And don't mention his lazy eye. He's sensible about it." Nia commented, whispering those last words to prevent the wombat from hearing.
---
#1722 Posted: 00:37:59 20/01/2018
Snow noded. "It's nice to finally meet you. My name is Snow and this is my brother Hunter. Mamma talks a lot about you."
---
SC
#1723 Posted: 01:21:02 20/01/2018 | Topic Creator
".... Meet... you... my please..." Whirlpool managed to say, a sentence that took him almost a full minute, showing immediately the enormous speech impediment he had. He was always so kind to everybody he met, and welcomed the cubs to his home without any objections.

Cairo remained nearby, wanting to participate in the battle but not wanting to break his promise to the cubs. With them finally safe, it was time to take care of the wolves. Sybil continued walking with Naga, her mind set exclusively in getting rid of the pack. She knew the Haven wasn't going to have peace until they were disposed of for good. She spotted a wolf seemingly giving instruction to a few of his comrades, and waited until one of them was alone.
"This is it. If it has to be one by one, it shall be done." she instructed Naga, coldly willing to see the killing with her own eyes...
---
#1724 Posted: 01:51:50 20/01/2018
"It's-- it's a pleasure to meet you as well.," Hunter politely said taking a moment to fully comprehend Whirlpool's jumbled speech.

Elsewhere-- Naga seemed too focused om the task at hand to notice the little AJ. "Watch and learn my dear Sybil... Watch and learn..," Naga said with what seemed like an almost sinister smirk as he moved into position. He carefully slithered above the treetops and gracefully poised himself into the perfect position, unaware that he possibly had an audience among that of Sybil. Once in place and ensuring that the wolf was unaware of its impending doom; he struck and he struck hard. With one quick maneuver-- he practically leaped from the branch and managed to coil himself around the wolf's neck. As he strangled the poor creature, he had a slight spark of excitement or joy in his glowing demon-like his eyes. And as soon as the wolf could no longer manage even the slightest breath-- he would soon proceed to swallow the poor thing whole. As he slowly digested the wolf, a noticeable bulge began to form indicating that its fate was sealed. "That-- that was surprisingly satisfying.," he than said slithering back towards the others slurring his speech slightly as he still worked to digest the formerly-alive wolf.

OOC: Look up pythons after eating. [IMAGE] smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:54:57 20/01/2018 by redwes
#1725 Posted: 02:25:01 20/01/2018 | Topic Creator
OOC: You even somewhat showed the crude aftermath. I wasn't expecting that smilie

As soon as Naga striked, Sybil was feeling extremely guilty. At first, she had a hardened heart and didn't care about the wolf's suffering, but after witnessing with her own eyes such an awful death and Naga's obvious pleasure in the killing, she was starting to feel like a monster herself for allowing such a massacre. How the terrified wolf gasped for air and just how quickly Naga mercilessly devoured it. She felt as if her fur has turned white, and gagged a few times.
"Well... that was... quicker than I expected." she only managed to say, watching Naga with some horror. She was aware of a snake's nature, having seen the smaller Skaliscin and Voracivenom in action, but seeing the much larger python made her have an entirely different view. If he could do that to a wolf, she couldn't even begin to imagine what he could do to someone like her. How ridiculously easy it would've been for Naga to end her when they first met, and yet he chose not to. That was some incredible dumb luck she had.
---
#1726 Posted: 14:14:46 20/01/2018
"Nia could you tell Cairo it's ok to leave us. I feel safe with Mr. Whirlpool."
---
SC
#1727 Posted: 14:42:37 20/01/2018 | Topic Creator
"Ok." Nia said, leaving the burrow with Angus behind her. He felt uncomfortable around the cubs, so he didn't want to be nearby. He was certain Whirlpool could manage it on his own.

Cairo was roaming around Hunted island waters, anxious.
"Hey Nia? Is something wrong? Are the cubs with Whirlpool?" he asked as soon as he spotted her. Nia then proceeded to say what Snow told her, much to his relief, but he was still a little worried.
"Well, I'm certain they'll be safe with him. But... if something is wrong, anything at all, just fly near the Haven. I will be out there." Cairo assured, with Nia obliging. Even if her father caught her heading there, it won't matter, something Angus knew well. She was growing more disobedient of him, particularly cause most of his new rules were simply absurd. Flying away, Nia made sure she stayed near Whirlpool's place just in case the cubs wanted to play.
---
#1728 Posted: 23:23:51 20/01/2018
"Your place is nice." Snow said shyly
---
SC
#1729 Posted: 23:29:33 20/01/2018 | Topic Creator
Whirlpool simply signaled her around with a claw, inviting her to check the room and choose whatever toy she wanted to. He didn't want to bore her with trying to talk, so he was going to use sign language as much as he could. He did wondered for a while, just what was happening in the Haven? Neither Nia or Angus went into detail, but if Sayan and Rose sent their beloved cubs right here and risk another one of Barloc's rambling, it must've meant something was deeply wrong there...
---
#1730 Posted: 23:44:39 20/01/2018
Snow noded. "Come Hunter let's find something to play with."
---
SC
#1731 Posted: 23:55:14 20/01/2018 | Topic Creator
With the cubs safe and sound at Hunted island, it was time to end the wolf threat. The orcas were in position, ready to strike at whatever wolf was foolish enough to approach the shore. Sybil was still with Naga, although keeping a small distance from him, still horrified with what she just witnessed. The snake was resting on a high branch, taking some time to break up his meal for a while before he could go on the move again. Sybil didn't know what was more terrifying; having watched Naga's sadistic pleasure in murdering the wolf or what would Anue think when she finds out what happened to one of her pack members. As she nervously saw Naga lying down on the branch with a full belly, she couldn't help but think he still had room for more. It certainly looked like the python had yet another animal included in his diet...
---
#1732 Posted: 03:58:33 22/01/2018
OOC: I hate headaches. smilie

As Naga took the needed time to break up his meal-- he watched his surroundings carefully as well as Sybil to whom part of him was growing to trust and more and more. He also thought back the event itself and how he had actually digested one of the once trusted members of Anue's pack. 'And now I'm trusting my life in part to the Civet. This has certainly been an interesting turn of events to say the least.,' he thought to himself and to Ender.

Finally after some time had passed, he was ready to move on and continue with the ongoing 'objective.' He slowly got up and gave a nod indicating that he was ready. 'Time for round two.,' he eagerly thought. It was indeed an interesting turn of events.

---

Elsewhere, Hunter happily followed and looked around the room for anything interesting.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 04:24:25 22/01/2018 by redwes
#1733 Posted: 04:09:14 22/01/2018 | Topic Creator
Sybil looked at him with a scowl, still disturbed at the fact that he seemed to enjoy killing a little too much. She knew it was just part of his nature to feed that way, but could't he at least pretended he cared a little bit for the lives he took? He didn't have to enjoy it so much. She fed on fish, but she thought that was different.

As they moved along and didn't noticed any other wolves nearby, Sybil decided to use this time to ask Naga a question that has been lingering on her mind ever since the awful hunt.
"Tell me something Mr. Naga... when we first met, you... you never thought of... attacking me... did you?" Sybil asked skeptically, having believed that an animal like Naga, with such a limited diet back then, would've taken advantage of such helpless prey. At first, she believed it was because he stubbornly wanted warblers alone, or that Ender was somewhat keeping him under control, but she now wondered if there was something else...
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:26:32 22/01/2018 by Felines
#1734 Posted: 04:30:37 22/01/2018
Meanwhile at the forest edge Rose awatied Anue. She knew she would track her and Sayan so she stayed put. Soon Anue arrived. She and her pack still stayed in the forest for they knew of the orcas. "So the tiger and leopard wait for me! Tell me where is that little rat and that weak snake?"

"They are coming. I am willing to talk if you are." Rose said still staying to her believes.

"Humm....very well I will wait." Anue said. She noded to the others and they stayed put. "
---
SC
#1735 Posted: 04:45:39 22/01/2018 | Topic Creator
Somewhere nearby, Sybil wasn't the only one who has seen what Naga has done. Sholeh herself has seen her beloved friend Naga gobble up a wolf, the biggest prey she has seen him consume, and the way his mouth expanded to accommodate the doomed animal. He was quite the force of nature. Although at first repulsed, Sholeh snickered, containing her need to laugh out loud.
"Poor stupid wolf..." she said to herself, smiling, demonstrating a sadistic side not that different from Naga. But as her sick amusement came to an end, the bigger picture came to mind; what was Naga doing with Sybil? Why was he helping her? Sholeh was surrounded by a mountain of bad memories. She lost a friend to Sybil once. Was Naga going to be next?
---
#1736 Posted: 02:27:04 23/01/2018
Sayan kept an close eye on Anue while they waited.

Meanwhile, Hunter found something of interest-- a round thing made to resemble a ball. "Here Sis-- catch!," he said creatively bopping it towards Snow.

And elsewhere...Quote: Felines
As they moved along and didn't noticed any other wolves nearby, Sybil decided to use this time to ask Naga a question that has been lingering on her mind ever since the awful hunt.
"Tell me something Mr. Naga... when we first met, you... you never thought of... attacking me... did you?" Sybil asked skeptically, having believed that an animal like Naga, with such a limited diet back then, would've taken advantage of such helpless prey. At first, she believed it was because he stubbornly wanted warblers alone, or that Ender was somewhat keeping him under control, but she now wondered if there was something else...

Naga paused before answering, carefully considering his words. "At first-- perhaps, but only.. only for a brief period of time. As you very well know, Shadow and certain others wanted you very very dead. And for a time, I may have been inclined to go along with their ideas-- to do what they so desperately wished and to merely hand the Haven over for their own selfish desires. After an fashion.," Naga said not directly saying what he was thinking and excluding the K word. "However-- those times are over and in meeting you, I made the first major decision not for Shadow or Anue or anyone else... but for me and me alone. In.. in attacking you, I would have only ensured their advances and would have continued to be under their-- their influence and so-called guidance. But enough was enough and for once in a lifetime, I made my own call.," Naga than added explaining their reasoning to the civet leader.
---
#1737 Posted: 02:33:05 23/01/2018
Snow smiled and bopped it back at him. "Come on Hunter send it back!"
---
SC
#1738 Posted: 02:44:55 23/01/2018
Hunter gave a big grin and bopped it back.
---
#1739 Posted: 02:47:45 23/01/2018 | Topic Creator
Whirlpool was being kind and polite to the cubs. He let them play with the ball, but signaled them to go to another room, fearful that the toy would rebound against one of his vases full of valuable liquids. He didn't mind their presence. They looked as playful as Nia and Angus, a pair he was always delighted to see but he now rarely sees them due to Barloc limiting their visits. With Sunflame living there, the bitter cockatoo didn't want his daughter and nephew to be exposed to a "dangerous" predator.

Quote: redwes
Naga paused before answering, carefully considering his words. "At first-- perhaps, but only.. only for a brief period of time. As you very well know, Shadow and certain others wanted you very very dead. And for a time, I may have been inclined to go along with their ideas-- to do what they so desperately wished and to merely hand the Haven over for their own selfish desires. After an fashion.," Naga said not directly saying what he was thinking and excluding the K word. "However-- those times are over and in meeting you, I made the first major decision not for Shadow or Anue or anyone else... but for me and me alone. In.. in attacking you, I would have only ensured their advances and would have continued to be under their-- their influence and so-called guidance. But enough was enough and for once in a lifetime, I made my own call.," Naga than added explaining their reasoning to the civet leader.

Hmm... I... I see... Um, thank you for not hurting me." Sybil answered Naga with a faint smile, glad that he decided to get to know her back then instead of continue being a pawn of every evil animal there, or treat her as just another ordinary prey. If Naga was helping her, it meant that he at least understood she wasn't like them. She asked for his help. That didn't mean she wanted to use him. If he was helping her right now, it was due to his own free will, nothing else. That made her somewhat happy. As with Jet, her kindness lead her to have a valuable ally. How ironic it was that Shadow brought Naga to bring misery to the Haven, and instead ended up helping it.
It wasn't long before they both spotted another wolf. This one was also alone, and it seemed to be on guard. No doubt another doomed victim. Sybil was inclined to shield her eyes from this hunt, but if Naga was going to live in the Haven, she might as well get used to his eating habit. She watched as his overwhelming belly was getting gradually smaller, still digesting the poor soul unfortunate enough to experiment Naga's ferocious nature...
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:52:38 23/01/2018 by Felines
#1740 Posted: 02:50:08 23/01/2018
Snow giggles and bops it back. "Hey whirlpool you mind taking us outside to play with Nia?"
---
SC
#1741 Posted: 03:23:40 23/01/2018 | Topic Creator
Whirlpool did as she asked and slowly took them outside. Once out of the burrow, he pointed at the ball and managed to say the word gift, willing to get the cubs a little souvenir from this visit. He didn't see the cockatoo cousins, and assumed they returned to the beach, but it turns it they were near.
"Back so soon?" Nia said with a naughty smile, having waited for the cubs to leave Whirlpool's home and play. They were still so young, and Nia correctly assumed that it was only a matter of time before their desire for games overwhelmed them.

At the Haven, Sholeh had lost Sybil and Naga, and instead became uneased when the entire island suddenly became eerily quiet.
"What the heck is going on? Where is everybody?" she said to herself, not caring if she even had a warbler for company. She was so used to the Haven being stirred with so many different sounds that this sudden silence was disturbing...
---
#1742 Posted: 03:27:53 23/01/2018
The wolf soon saw Sybil. "Are you the one called Sybil?"
---
SC
#1743 Posted: 03:29:58 23/01/2018 | Topic Creator
Sybil wanted to lie, but who else was a civet on that island?
"I am. And what do you want?" she asked almost coldly, wanting to know what the wolves were up to, but also to distract the canine, who didn't seem to notice Naga was somewhere around there on the prowl...
---
#1744 Posted: 03:34:17 23/01/2018
"Whirlpool is so friendly. He gave us a ball to play with!" Snow said.

At the Haven.

"Anue wishes to speak with you. The ones called Rose and Sayanis waiting with her."
---
SC
#1745 Posted: 03:44:03 23/01/2018 | Topic Creator
"Obviously! Uncle Whirlpool is probably the nicest animal you'll ever meet in your life." Nia said with a big smile, with Angus nodding behind her. They both adored Whirlpool to the point they practically idolized him, and have wished many times Barloc could be at least a little near to his level.

Sybil didn't like this, but if she wanted this situation to be over with, she might as well confront the source of the problem directly. She didn't look at Naga in the eyes, but made it clear she was addressing to him. She made a movement with her ear to signal him to follow them quietly, though she made it looked as if she was swatting away an insect, so she hoped he could understand the sign. She followed the wolf to the meeting place, wondering if Naga was angry for having been denied his meal...
---
#1746 Posted: 04:18:29 23/01/2018
"Come on join us! " snow said as she swatted the ball at Nia.

"Well looks like we're all here. I am not cruel. I can be reasoned with. You tell your conditions sense you know mine." Anue said.
---
SC
#1747 Posted: 04:32:57 23/01/2018 | Topic Creator
Sybil glared at Anue, not buying her reasoning. She was most likely acting submissive cause her leverage was far beyond reach, not to mention she managed to bring the dangerous Naga away from her cause.
"Not cruel? Heh..." Sybil scoffed, almost making fun of her.
"The damage is already done Anue. You went as far as kidnapping two innocent cubs and threatened them with death so you could banish an entire bunch of families from this place thry call home. How do I know you won't try the same dirty trick again once they return?" Sybil asked, continuing her lecture before Anue could counterattack that argument.
"If I'm here... and if any of the Haven residents are here, it's because we have permission from the warblers, pelicans and seagulls themselves, the real, native owners of this island. We're not oppressing them. We're not forcing them to let us live here. We are here because they were kind enough to allow it, and you have no right to banish us." Sybil finished, more than willing to use violence against Anue if she forced her to...
---
#1748 Posted: 04:38:28 23/01/2018
"A wolfs honor I will not attempt it." She bowed. " Tell me what are your demands?"
---
SC
#1749 Posted: 04:45:29 23/01/2018 | Topic Creator
Sybil scowled, having already experienced an empty honor before.
"I recall somebody else giving me promises in their honor... and receiving neither in return." Sybil said callously, having been too affected by the event and making her harder to trust somebody. She was just a few breaths away from giving the order to have the wolves being thrown to the ocean so the hungry orcas could finish them off. Although Sybil's vendetta was more with Anue, she didn't want to risk any of the pack to want to get revenge...
---
#1750 Posted: 07:49:41 23/01/2018
"I am not like that Shadow guy. He destroyed my home as well."
---
SC
First | Previous | Page 35 of 45 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37 ... 43 44 45

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me