Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 40 of 45 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45
The Haven Legacy: Ultimatum [CLOSED]
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#1951 Posted: 04:35:11 27/02/2018 | Topic Creator
Sholeh slept for almost an hour more, dreaming again about Naga lifting her up above the canopy to watch the sunrise, only this time, she had an egg to feast on while watching the spectacle. When she finally woke up for real, she realized where she was, and was deeply ashamed. She couldn't see Naga anywhere, though she could somewhat sense him. This was so embarrassing! First he had to save her from a stupid pigeon, now this.
"Oh no no no! I'm so sorry about this Naga. I... I guess I haven't been sleeping well. I... I don't even remember what we were talking about." Sholeh stammered, red with shame and faceslapping.
"So rude! I swear this won't happen again. Ugh! Wow, this never happened to me! Sorry if you got bored because of me. I guess it's time for me to leave..." Sholeh said with frustration, still furious about getting caught so off guard. But it would be more humiliating if her senses were wrong and she turned out to be talking to herself. She didn't know what scenario was real.

Back at the kea's tree, Cole was doing a schedule for the cubs. He wanted to make sure that after tomorrow, the siblings will be trained to no end, and was even prepared to turn their training into a game if necessary. He was not only doing it for them, but also for his poor boss Mambo. He hasn't been the same ever since the cubs got kidnapped my the wolf. His goofy, playful personality was gone. He was more serious, more stoic, more melancholic. He still blamed himself for the awful event, and believed the stress everyone was going through was because of him...
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8550
#1952 Posted: 10:31:01 01/03/2018
"Relax.. relax my dear. There is no shame is resting and you are welcome to lie your head here anytime.," a familiar voice said as Naga went out of camouflage and revealed himself as he slowly slithered out from above a nearby tree. When it came to the mongoose, there was little Sholeh could do to disappoint him. And while he would properly normally care about someone falling asleep within his territory, Sholeh was the exception and he merely remained content-- allowing his dear mongoose friend to have a long restful day free of any fears or dangers.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:32:57 01/03/2018 by redwes
#1953 Posted: 21:55:32 01/03/2018 | Topic Creator
Although Sholeh felt very safe and comfortable around him, she still felt embarrassed about showing so much vulnerability. Even though it was yet another proof of their cementing friendship, it wasn't something Sholeh was proud of.
"Still... it's not ideal to fall asleep like this on somebody's home. I thank you for your patience." Sholeh said with gratitude, still unable to believe how lucky she was to make a friend out of Naga. She was willing to stay for a while longer if he so desired. It wasn't as if she had much to do home anyway.
"You know, you never cease to amaze me. That day in the wetland when you were hunting and I got lost, instead of... harming me, you decided to talk to me. And look where it has taken us. Heh, and to think I hated this Haven. And Sybil too. I guess... if it wasn't for this place, we never would've met." Sholeh suddenly commented, having a newfound appreciation for the sanctuary. She still wasn't very fond of Sybil, but she knew she had to be grateful for her for setting the circumstances of their meeting, even if it wasn't intentional.

One could say that Sholeh and Naga were the only ones that felt true happiness at the moment. The rest of the Haven residents felt tension or worry. The warblers were still worried about the python, but slowly, their main concern was shifting to the wolves like everyone else. They knew how Sybil was going to be very busy trying to protect the cubs. As she returned to the Haven after talking with Jaeger and sealing the deal, she was still worried on how she was going to tell everybody her alliance with the dingoes. It was either them or nobody...
---
#1954 Posted: 00:30:12 02/03/2018
"I.. I suppose you are right. If it weren't for Sybil as well as others responsible for my being here-- you and I would be in very different places. And no matter what happens now or in the future, I shall always be grateful for that. And.. and for you my dear Sholeh.," Naga said indirectly giving others such as Shadow credit as well for the present circumstances. As he spoke, he got closer and looked Sholeh in the eyes. Ever since they had met, he had always felt a certain degree of comfort and happiness around the mongoose. And for better or worse-- he wouldn't be in that position had it not been for the others.
---
#1955 Posted: 02:06:36 02/03/2018 | Topic Creator
Sholeh looked at the way Naga was watching her, and while it was a very unsettling glance, she knew it was not malicious. Naga was simply intimidating. Sholeh was probably the only one who learned not to feel any kind of fear of him.
"Sybil is lucky you mean her no harm. You were such a gentleman in agreeing not to hunt any of those stupid warblers again. Although you did us a favor, even if she can't see it." Sholeh commented, knowing that if the warbler population had gotten the chance to be even bigger, it would've brought misery to the Haven's resources. Before Naga could reply to that though, she was reminded of something.
"Speaking of that silly civet, has she visited you these days? I have been here almost every day, but I haven't seen her in a while." Sholeh asked, finding it strange how she hasn't met the civet even once recently right there at Naga's territory. It would be too much coincidence if she indeed was visiting and they never found each other at least once.

At Rose and Sayan's den, Sybil wasted no time.
"Children. Please go inside. I need to talk to your parents." Sybil said bluntly as soon as she arrived. No greetings, no anything, just getting right to the point. After making sure the cubs weren't listening, Sybil explained everything, from her political alliance to the dingoes from years ago, to the deal she made just a few minutes ago. It was a conversation that took several minutes.

"I hope you aren't upset. But I wasn't going to risk going to the other side of the world to recruit animals that could say no. I know we don't have the best of relationship to the dingoes, but they hate the wolves. And Mr. Jaeger never threatened us all these years. He really wants to help. And he doesn't ask for a big reward." Sybil assured, not certain on how the couple would take the news of former enemies watching over their kids.
---
#1956 Posted: 02:23:18 02/03/2018
"She.. she hadn't actually-- I do believe you intimidated her with that sudden news in that last interaction.," Naga said with slight smirk thinking of how the civet had actually nearly fainted when she had heard the news. "However, I suspect she will soon as we still have unfinished business and a certain yet undetermined favor that she believes she owes me.," he then said knowing that he was keeping the civet leader anxious with his lack of a clear response on the matter. Though he was sure Sholeh would have an idea or two...

Meanwhile at their den, the children soon disappeared outside as the feline couple listened to the serious news. "I see-- you did what you had to do. And if you can manage to make a deal with the python, I have no doubts that you will be able to manage this arrangement as well. And.. and for the sake of the cubs, it is an necessary arrangement.," Sayan said seemingly supporting Sybil's decision at least for the sake of the children.
---
#1957 Posted: 02:42:05 02/03/2018 | Topic Creator
"Oh right... the game! I almost forgot! I must be here when that happens." Sholeh commented with a giant grin, showing how much she enjoyed seeing the civet humiliated. But then, she started to feel a little guilty with what Naga said. If Sybil hasn't visited because of her, it was something she didn't intend.
"Well, I do hope she comes soon, especially if she owes you a favor. Sorry if she hasn't visited because of me. I guess... I guess she thinks I will try to convince you to kill her... because, well... let's just say it wouldn't be the first time. Yes Naga, that's how much I hated her." Sholeh said with much hesitation, deciding to finally be honest with him. She didn't know if he and Sybil were friends, but Sholeh was convinced Naga appreciated her more than he did Sybil, and that was enough for her. And if she wanted to maintain that friendship, she was determined to tell him absolutely everything about her to show how much she trusted him.

At the den, Sybil was very glad Sayan agreed with her resolve. She knew it was a rather risky to recruit the dingoes, but she didn't noticed any malice when she was among them. They were neutral at best when she was pointing out the situation.
"Thank you so much for understanding Sayan. I know we haven't interacted with the dingoes much, but in all these years, there has been no problems with them, not anymore. Besides, they really, really hate wolves. I'm certain they'll be willing to help us just if it means harming them." Sybil assured, knowing Jaeger didn't see her as an enemy like in the past.
---
#1958 Posted: 03:08:54 02/03/2018
OOC: Oops! smilie

"Well, on this Haven, you wouldn't be the first. I've heard that she's been close to death quite a few times and possibly even did bite it once. Don't worry-- you're not the first to think that and I used to want her quite dead as well under.. well under you-know-who's influence. I don't blame you in the slightest. She is quite fortunate indeed and I'm sure she will show up soon.," Naga said supporting the mongoose in his tone but not giving a clear answer as to exactly how he felt about the civet leader.

Elsewhere, Sayan gave a nod to Sybil's continued explanation. "If what you say about them if true, then it sounds like you right. And perhaps in the end, we can find peace with all the various factions on this Haven.," Sayan said referring to the dingoes, Naga, and the wolves. And the numbers seemed to grow by the day..
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:35:18 02/03/2018 by redwes
#1959 Posted: 03:30:33 02/03/2018 | Topic Creator
Sholeh smiled at the prospect of Naga taking her previous hatred so remarkably well. It even made her relieved that Naga wished Sybil dead once before, even if it was under Shadow's influence.
"Well, you're your own master now, as it's suppose to be." Sholeh said, showing her own support.
"I use to hate Sybil, yes, but right now... meh, I don't care much of what happens to her. Whether she lives or dies, it really doesn't matter to me. I know we should be grateful to her for many things, but still, she's not someone I care about, especially since she lets herself be influenced by those racist warblers." Sholeh expressed, in part showing how she wouldn't care what Naga did to her if he decided he had enough of her rules and limitations. She still wondered though, if Naga did indeed intended to have Sybil as a friend or if he was keeping her alive for his own means.

"Yes... I know we'll have the peace we once had, playing, and having no worries about anything ever again." Sybil said with hope, having faith that she was going to restore peace of the Haven once more, but when will that be? She wasn't getting any younger, and the stress all this work was getting her into was exhausting her to no end. Nevertheless, at least she had someone capable like this young couple to help her, and others like the keas and orcas to give them support. They had went through worse than this, and she knew this was something they could fight.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:48:30 05/03/2018 by Felines
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8581
#1960 Posted: 22:12:12 02/03/2018
"I agree but I want someone we can trust to watch over them when the dingos are around. " Rose said. "Someone like Mambo. He's always fun to have around.
---
SC
#1961 Posted: 00:03:46 03/03/2018 | Topic Creator
"Of course. I don't trust the dingoes completely, so we'll give them air surveillance and tell them it's just a precaution." Sybil answered, replying to Rose's comment and leaving it like that. Like many, Sybil has noticed how much Mambo has changed, but now wondered if Rose knew or if she was just saying that in order to forget about that fact.

Nevertheless, Sybil has finally tell them, getting that off her chest. She was happy that both of them understood the alliance. But her tasks were far from over.
"Alright then. Now, everything that's left to do is to have the warblers know they're coming. One of you, talk to Peepers or any of the keas and they'll make sure the message is known. I... I still have a few things to do and I don't want nightfall to beat me." Sybil said, not going into detail. She still had to visit the python and give his reward and an apology, also spend some time with the orcas to rekindle their friendship.
---
Waaksian Emerald Sparx Gems: 4906
#1962 Posted: 02:09:38 03/03/2018
OOC: Sorry for the delay again. Things have been getting in the way. I'll make more of an effort to stay active.

Jaeger nodded solemnly, acknowledging Sybil's instructions. "That is reasonable. I'll see to it that any imposter pays dearly." When she warned about Naga's territory, he gave a small frown and confided, "No offense taken; it's simply a similarity in appearances. I'll be sure to instruct them to steer clear of his land."

He gave a slight bow of the head and a small smile as Sybil prepared her departure. "It's a pleasure to be of assistance. We won't stand to lie back and watch as our enemies disturb the peace that's been set." He pushed himself up from his resting position and sat up. "The troops should be ready between the next day or the day after. We shall make preparations immediately."

After the civet had left, Jaeger resumed his earlier conversation, but not before giving new orders to his officer Dolton. He was to round up some of the patrols that were coming in for a soon to be held meeting regarding the new development. He had accepted his task without dispute; instead, he let his opposition settle in his mind as he grudgingly carried out the job.

"That old fool-- he thinks he can just paw-wave what they did to us? I can't believe she had the audacity to ask us for help... they don't deserve it. They never even tried to pay retribution for that... nothing could ever pay back their lives, but she could have at least done SOMETHING... something other than crawling and begging us to nanny for some cubs..."

He wasn't the only one with such ill feelings regarding the favor Jaeger had agreed to. News of the deal spread through the camp, and it was met with mixed feelings, some of mistrust, some of unforgiveness, and yet, some of approval all the same. Regardless of individual opinions, it would be a while before the dingo clan fully adjusted to the fact that they-- for the first time in many years-- were lending their forces to a different party... and a past enemy, no less.
#1963 Posted: 02:37:46 03/03/2018 | Topic Creator
OOC: We understand. Don't worry about it. You post when you can smilie

As Sybil left the family on it's own, she started to have a tornado of thoughts. She new it was a bold move asking the dingoes for help, but it was a necessary procedure, one that won't be forever. She came to a stop when she doubted where she should go next. Should she visit the orcas or Naga? Which one first? After a while, she decided on the latter, wanting to get out of her compromise with him. She knew he was probably angry for having neglected him for so long, but she knew it was something that had to be done.
"Well... once again off to that forsaken place. I just hope Sholeh isn't there." Sybil said to herself, not wanting the mongoose to be present if Naga asked her to play that last game. She knew that mongoose, and she knew she would take sadistic pleasure in her pain and humiliation. That was after all, the only reason she watched the orca games back then...
---
#1964 Posted: 23:27:07 05/03/2018
"Sayan I'm going to get Mambo. You stay with the kids."
---
SC
#1965 Posted: 23:57:05 05/03/2018 | Topic Creator
Mambo was at the tree, helping his fellow keas with some mundane tasks. Every single one of them was baffled at their leader's melancholic state. He would usually crack jokes, play pranks or turn chores into games, but they were having none of that. It was a depressing atmosphere. Mambo has always been a great leader despite his childish display, but it was his constant enthusiasm and playfulness that made the flock be kept in great spirit. So many have tried to revive the old him, but everything has been in vain.
---
#1966 Posted: 00:09:10 06/03/2018
Soon Rose reached the kea tree. "Mambo! Mambo! You home you silly bird?"
---
SC
#1967 Posted: 00:27:49 06/03/2018 | Topic Creator
A young warbler let Mambo know Rose was looking for him, so he flew downwards to meet her. He had an empty air around him. He combed his head feathers, the one thing that made him so different from other keas, and looked more refined and serious.
"Yes Lady Rose? You require my services?" Mambo asked in a neutral tone, finding it odd on how she would request him when Colewas the one whose help she will need these days.
---
#1968 Posted: 01:26:51 06/03/2018
"I need you to help watch the kids." Rose said.
---
SC
#1969 Posted: 02:06:12 06/03/2018 | Topic Creator
"Okay, but won't Cole be better suited for that?" Mambo asked in an equally neutral tone, never wanting to babysit the cubs again after his immaturity almost had them killed.
---
#1970 Posted: 09:39:35 06/03/2018
"Yes he would be but I think you're better suited for watching them. You're more fun than he is." She said as she gently nuzzles him.
---
SC
#1971 Posted: 14:23:20 06/03/2018 | Topic Creator
Mambo simply sighed and was indifferent with the nuzzle, wondering if Rose was really that clueless or if she was just pretending.
"Lady Rose, I'm busy helping my flock. Cole is much suited for this job. Besides, he can be fun too." Mambo added, still refusing to watch over the cubs.

The few birds that were spying wondered the same thing. Hasn't she noticed the kea leader wasn't as fun as before? Or was this just a strategy to try to return him to the way he was?
---
#1972 Posted: 23:04:37 06/03/2018
"Look I don't blame you for what happened. They caught us all off guard." She lowered herself to his level. "What happened to the fun loving Mamb I used to play with? You're always do happy and carefree."
---
SC
#1973 Posted: 00:21:09 07/03/2018 | Topic Creator
"Exactly, and that was the problem, wasn't it? I'm suppose to be a leader, not an overgrown fledgling. How come it can occur to someone to p,ah in a dangerous fog?" Mambo said, degrading himself. That day, the ony reason he trusted Anue was because Snow trusted her, but she was ony a cub. She didn't know any better. He should've followed his own instincts.
"It's time for me to be responsible Lady Rose. I'm not only the leader of my flock, I'm also an ally to this Haven, and if we want to keep it safe, we need to stop any tomfoolery." Mambo commented like a diplomat, wanting Rose to see how serious he was being, and also begging her to stop teasing him into succumbing to playfulness. Mambo's position as leader was left in a very early age, which is why he used to be so playful. It was a way for him to revive his lost fledgling days for having been left with so much responsibility, something that once annoyed his flock. It wasn't after what happened to the cubs that he finally adapted this serious disposition, and his old persona was missed terribly by his keas.
---
#1974 Posted: 00:45:52 07/03/2018
"Come on Mambo look at your flock. They are worried about you. They miss the playful Mambo, I miss the playflull Mambo." She nuzzles him. "You may be a leader but you're also my friend. And friends are here to cheer each other up when they need it most."
---
SC
#1975 Posted: 01:00:17 07/03/2018 | Topic Creator
Cole, who was among the spying birds, had enough of this scenario. He decided to intervene.
"I'll watch the cubs! Don't worry, I won't train them today. We'll engage into games if they so desired." Cole assured, waving at Mambo to leave, much to his gratitude. The conversation was stressing him out.

Before Rose could call to him. Cole spoke up and beat her to it.
"Lady Rose, don't press him. The boss is still feeling very down and you're pushing the matter. He needs this moment to ease up his guilt. You're rushing him too much." Cole commented, having seen his boss' behavior every day and knowing how delicate the situation is.
---
#1976 Posted: 03:15:27 07/03/2018
Rose looked to where Mambo flew off. "I just worry for him. He used to be so cheerful, so playful I want the old mambo back, I want my old friend back." Rose said.
---
SC
#1977 Posted: 04:12:59 07/03/2018 | Topic Creator
"I know Lady Rose. We all do, but one step at a time. The boss has too much on his mind, and he needs some space." Cole said, not wanting Rose to rush into things and make things worse. Mambo's state of mind was delicate right now, so things had to be taken slowly.

Meanwhile, at this time, one would've expected Sybil to be at Naga's territory right now, but when she headed there, she desisted at the last moment, giving Sholeh and Naga more time to talk. She was still too scared to know how the python would take her long absence. She didn't want him to misinterpret her action as a way of avoiding giving him his reward. Sybil was at the beach right now, near the river that made up the wetland. The orcas nearby were Cairo and the brothers Ricky and Rumble, but she looked so distressed neither of them dared to begin a conversation with her. They knew she was going through a lot, and the beach was usually the place for the civet to unwind and collect her thoughts. Neither of them wanted to interrupt such a moment.
---
#1978 Posted: 09:21:52 07/03/2018
"I hope he comes around soon." Rose said.
---
SC
#1979 Posted: 17:50:14 07/03/2018 | Topic Creator
"I hope so too, but give him time." Cole said as he followed Rose to the den, also missing his boss' usual behavior, but even if it sounded cruel, he was somewhat glad with this change. It was fortunate that nothing happened to the cubs, but thanks to that event, it made Mambo learn more about responsibility, and in some way, common sense. It was usually Cole the one who had to clean Mambo's messes, so he hoped this guilt was a lesson for his boss.
---
#1980 Posted: 22:30:47 07/03/2018
Meanwhile snow was playing with her brother in the den. "Come on Hunter you can do better!"
---
SC
#1981 Posted: 23:20:10 07/03/2018 | Topic Creator
Rose and Cole soon reached the den, but the kea left the cubs to play for a while and left his presence unknown to avoid interrupting them, or at least to wait until it was Rose herself the one that announces him.

At the beach, the three orcas still left Sybil alone, but they all came when she beckoned them to her.
"Hey Cairo. Hey Ricky. Rumble. It's nice to see yu all. I know I haven't visited in a long time, but..." she started to say when Cairo interrupted her.
"It's alright mistress. We understand. It's so much work taking care of the Haven, especially now with those accursed wolves. If only there was more we could do." Cairo expressed, with the brothers agreeing. They weren't upset with Sybil for neglecting them.
"I know, but I still promise I will make up for the lost time. Also, the cubs will play on the beach from now on. You can play with them and also keep an eye on them." Sybil assured, letting them know right now. The trio seemed pretty exited about it, and were going to make sure the rest of the pod knew, but for now, they were happy just lending support to the stressed civet.
---
#1982 Posted: 00:00:16 08/03/2018
Quote: Spyroconvexity
"I need you to help watch the kids." Rose said.

Sayan gave a nod and watched the two cubs had fun, reminding himself that these playful days wouldn't last forever...

"Well sis-- you asked for it!," Hunter said chasing after Snow even harder and quickly making up for himself.

---
Meanwhile in NAGA's territory...Quote: Felines
Sholeh smiled at the prospect of Naga taking her previous hatred so remarkably well. It even made her relieved that Naga wished Sybil dead once before, even if it was under Shadow's influence.
"Well, you're your own master now, as it's suppose to be." Sholeh said, showing her own support.
"I use to hate Sybil, yes, but right now... meh, I don't care much of what happens to her. Whether she lives or dies, it really doesn't matter to me. I know we should be grateful to her for many things, but still, she's not someone I care about, especially since she lets herself be influenced by those racist warblers." Sholeh expressed, in part showing how she wouldn't care what Naga did to her if he decided he had enough of her rules and limitations. She still wondered though, if Naga did indeed intended to have Sybil as a friend or if he was keeping her alive for his own means.

"Yes-- my own master. Oh my dear-- Sybil is quite fortunate that I allowed and still continue to allow her to live. I may have seen past the errors of my way when it comes to the influence of Shadow and others, but my will and my sense of self will only endure for so long. For now, warbler influence or not, she serves her purpose and has shown herself surprisingly vital to keeping the false sense of peace that this Haven represents. At least.. at least for the time being.," Naga responded continuing their still uninterrupted discussion. If there was any sign that he after more when it came to the Civet leader, he ether wasn't presently showing it or was hiding it very well.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:01:50 08/03/2018 by redwes
#1983 Posted: 00:14:19 08/03/2018 | Topic Creator
"Hah, I'm not so sure about that. Sure, she tries to keep the peace, but lately, she has failing miserably. The wolves seem keen on having her and her animals out of here. Though if they intend to keep native animals, I suppose I shouldn't worry. I was born here, thus I'm a native." Sholeh assured, feeling proud of that and still not completely forgiving how an outlander like Sybil banished her species.
"The paranoid warblers seemed to believe all this broken peace is due to Shadow having cursed the island before his soul was vanquished. Heh, I'm starting to think that's the case." Sholeh finally said, having noticed how new enemies for Sybil seem to be emerging. Even Naga himself could be an enemy of the civet and she wouldn't know.

After talking to the orca trio for a while, Sybil decided it was time to face her responsibility with the python.
"Well guys, thank you so much for this, but there is still much to be done. I will try to return before nightfall so we can try to recover some of that lost time together." Sybil expressed as she turned to leave, still wanting to make up for her beloved marine friends. The trio waved her goodbye as she disappeared into the forest. It was mid afternoon, but Sybil hoped she could talk to Naga and still have time for the orcas, but then again, it would all depend on the python's request...
---
#1984 Posted: 00:23:04 08/03/2018
"Oh you almost got me!" Snow said running around.
---
SC
#1985 Posted: 05:12:23 08/03/2018 | Topic Creator
Cole watched with delight how much fun the cubs were having, and absolutely despised the wolves for making them lose such precious times. They didn't stay this young for long, so play time like this was vital.

Sybil was now on her way to Naga's territory, the stress making her gobble up every little berry she found along the way. She hasn't been feeding herself well, and a mixture of hunger and anxiety made her eat vigorously. She was brainstorming speeches. What should she say to Naga about this late visit? She knew the truth should be enough for him, but what if it wasn't? As much as she hated to admit it, Sybil still harbored some fear of him. Although the nightmares about him stopped for the time being, the python still made her nervous. Even with the wolf threat being the main concern right now, some warblers still came to her to prevent her from ignoring that Naga was still a threat. Even with all these turmoils, she still had in mind making the snake an official member of the Haven, despite how near impossible that seemed.
---
Wyrstel Emerald Sparx Gems: 4341
#1986 Posted: 05:44:27 14/03/2018
OOC: Sorry about being gone for a while guys, I've been helping my mom prep our last house for selling.

AJ: I tell Odette about issue, living a double-life. I tell her that I want to be able to have both of my families, not just one or the other. I know that things are difficult with the dingoes and my other family, but, Odette and her friend are my family too. Perhaps with time, I will get my wish. I also tell her about the nightmares that I have been having and that a certain wolf, keeps appearing in my dreams, that I feel deeply for. The wolf's name is Chica and I know the two of us are more than just friends.

After resting a while, Sunflame stretches his limbs and goes to join Whirlpool. Without knowing when or where disaster may strike, they want to be prepared. Not knowing why he feels the way he does, Sunflame asks Whirlpool about this feeling of dread/danger nearing.
#1987 Posted: 06:23:18 14/03/2018 | Topic Creator
OOC: So nice that you remember Chica. I remember that character too smilie

As Sybil stuffed herself, she soon came to the usual darkness of Naga's territory, where there was no edible fruit. She still brainstormed about speeches she could give to him to excuse her long absence, when she suddenly tripped and fell... inside something. Thanks to her nocturnal vision and careful watching, she then terrifyingly knew what it was; it was one of Naga's shed skin. The python never revealed his whole body to her due to the foliage obscuring it or him coiling it up on a branch, but now, it was unmistakable who was the owner. This... this is what finally gave her an idea what she was dealing with. Naga was one humongous snake, possibly bigger than Crocux himself, and when snakes shed their skin, it meant that they were growing. Naga had no predators here, and without the worry of them or the stress of human captivity, he was free to keep growing. Now Sybil started to wonder if it was altogether wise to have a giant predator like him being a member of the Haven. Naga appeared to be a rather young snake, and they grew through their entire lifespan, and with all the resources and freedom he had in the Haven, who knows how long will that be...

After trying to decide whether to leave or stay, Sholeh decided on the latter, and was now resting on top of a branch just above Naga. She could see him perfectly from here despite the obscured view, and she understood Sybil had every right to fear him,. Not the mongoose though. There was no doubt she was the only animal in the entire island who trusted him completely.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:29:33 14/03/2018 by Felines
Waaksian Emerald Sparx Gems: 4906
#1988 Posted: 22:13:37 14/03/2018
OOC: Welcome back.

Odette was laying down sideways across the burrow, her side facing the exit, as she listened to AJ's lament. It was an instinctive posture, using herself as a shield in case a sudden visitor entered without warning, preventing them from seeing the margay before he had a chance to hide. She knew that Jaeger wasn't ready to accept having a Haven member living on their grounds, let alone the pack as a whole.

"That might change," she said aloud. "I mean... the tension between our groups. Jaeger had just accepted a sort of alliance with Sybil only hours ago, regarding the wolves. Maybe... that could be a start?"

"They both seem to respect each other," Joshua added, who was sitting deeper down the den. "Their attitudes have changed, it seems. From what I heard, those two were really at each other's throats."

"In the beginning," Odette corrected. "At the foundation of the Haven, apparently they clashed. But that was years ago, and we haven't had an incident since..." They both fell silent, not needing to speak aloud of the murders that had happened at a Haven resident's talons, nor wanting to. She quickly changed the subject. "Chica..." Nothing came to mind. She had never heard of the creature, or really any of the Haven residents save for a select few. "How long have you two known each other?
#1989 Posted: 23:12:50 14/03/2018 | Topic Creator
As AJ told his woes and Cole watched the playful cubs, Sybil's troubled mind won't leave her alone. Naga was already enormous as he was, how much was he going to keep it up? To have some peace of mind, Sybil decided not to make a big deal out of it. She already had many big predators residing on the island that followed the rules and were kind and polite, so why should Naga be any different? As she continued heading to the python's usual spot, she started to believe that the warbler's paranoia was contagious...

Sholeh was close to dozing off again, being as relaxed as she was right now, when a change in wind made her realize something. Could it be?
"Hmm? Naga dear... I... I think you have company." Sholeh exclaimed, having known Sybil for years and being able to recognize her smell after so many years knowing and loathing her.
"You know, I'll be way up there while you guys talk. I don't want her to spot me all nervous again while you guys discuss business." Sholeh expressed, demonstrating how much she cared for Naga to the point where she avoided what could be a fun scenario for her. She wanted to imagine Sybil all choked up from her presence like last time, but that would mean distracting her while she tried to possibly reward Naga, cause why else would she be there? She went upwards to the tallest part of the tree, being well hidden but at a spot where she will be able to hear at least part of whatever conversation was about to take place...

Finally reaching her destination, Sybil called for Naga, not knowing how close he actually was.
"Mr. Naga? Mr. Naga sir! I'm so sorry for this delay. I... I know it has been several days, but I've been so busy preparing for the possible wolf attack that I lost the track of time!" Sybil called, somewhat sensing he was nearby, but his camouflage was so remarkably good, she doubted he would see him even if he was under her whiskers.
---
#1990 Posted: 23:58:47 15/03/2018
Naga nodded as Sholeh made herself scarce and he gradually appeared once again in front of the civet leader. "So... so you have finally decided to come back. It's-- it's alright my dear. It's perfeectly understandable and the wolves.. and the wolves do call for our greater attention. For now, they seem to be content though I'm certain they will plan their move soon enough. For better or for worse.," Naga than said seeming somewhat forgiving of the civet, albeit in his own way.
---
#1991 Posted: 00:25:31 16/03/2018 | Topic Creator
OOC: Welcome back! It's been ages smilie

Sybil opened her eyes wide, having expected some little resentment from him for seemingly neglecting her compromise with him. He was more polite and understanding that she gave him credit for. Now she had no doubt that the warbler's annoying paranoia was really rubbing off on her in a bad way.
"I... I'm glad you understand. Everything was fine until those accursed wolves made their appearance. Those poor cubs..." Sybil said, muttering those last words under her breath. She has come to hate Anue so much for breaking the peace that was finally recovering after Shadow's death and Naga's redemption. She has negated peace to the Haven and made the cubs lose their chance at a happy childhood.
"But... the wolf threat can wait a while. Right now, it's all about you. You've been so helpful to us. You have done us a great service, and it's only fair that I repay you. Tell me, what do you want? I will give you... almost anything." Sybil said carefully and quietly, wanting to be careful of the chosen words. He could've ask for something like hunting the warbler's again, which is why she said almost.

While she waited for his answer as the python , she took a closer look at Naga. He... he has grown! Maybe not by so much, but in two weeks, a difference could be seen. Even if that obscurity, Sybil could see the python was slightly longer and maybe even a little wider. As she feared, he was growing more powerful. She then distracted herself by looking around, almost as if looking if Sholeh was around. But the wind wasn't in her favor and her sense of smell wasn't as good as the mongoose's. Up the canopy, Sholeh was mouthing Sybil's words, mocking what she believed to be false kindness.
---
#1992 Posted: 07:37:20 22/03/2018
OOC: Oh my... it's been exactly an week. Well-- here we go! smilie

"Ah yes-- that matter again. You are indeed correct and.. and I have given the matter some thought. You have done so much already my dear Sybil, but perhaps.. perhaps there is something more that you can do for me. As I'm sure you are aware, we still have some unfinished business when it comes to our old games of cat-and-mouse. I have experienced much pleasure in.. well let's just say thrill of the hunt. It kept me active and.. and it kept you active. You have slowly but surely learned to anticipate your surrounding my dear-- and the I'm sure that this experience has also helped you. Now more then ever.," Naga spoke first speaking in his usual snake-like slurs but taking on a more serious tone as he spoke.

"I propose the following-- I believe that we helped each other and I believe that we can continue to do so. I know that you have partaken before in such games before when it came to the Orcas and that their need.. their desire for the activity had only made you stronger. More resilient. I propose that we continue our activities, but.. but on a schedule more suited for the times and for your sanity. Say... once a week? I shall continue to help you hone your skills and in return-- I get that thrill that I oh so do seek and desire. The mice help, but this... this will help us both my Sybil.," he then added seemingly expressing concerns for the civet's leaders continued safety and edge albeit in his own unique way. It was almost as if he was training or preparing her... or perhaps he simply had an ongoing interest to keep himself entertained. And it probably didn't hurt that it kept the poor Civet leader quite humiliated.
---

Meanwhile, the games between Hunter and Snow continued. "I'll get you this time.," Hunter exclaimed chasing after his sister once again.
---
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 09:54:39 22/03/2018 by redwes
#1993 Posted: 09:42:04 22/03/2018
Show then hid behind a rock.
---
SC
#1994 Posted: 12:58:21 22/03/2018 | Topic Creator
Quote: redwes
OOC: Oh my... it's been exactly an week. Well-- here we go! smilie

"Ah yes-- that matter again. You are indeed correct and.. and I have given the matter some thought. You have done so much already my dear Sybil, but perhaps.. perhaps there is something more that you can do for me. As I'm sure you are aware, we still have some unfinished business when it comes to our old games of cat-and-mouse. I have experienced much pleasure in.. well let's just say thrill of the hunt. It kept me active and.. and it kept you active. You have slowly but surely learned to anticipate your surrounding my dear-- and the I'm sure that this experience has also helped you. Now more then ever.," Naga spoke first speaking in his usual snake-like slurs but taking on a more serious tone as he spoke.

"I propose the following-- I believe that we helped each other and I believe that we can continue to do so. I know that you have partaken before in such games before when it came to the Orcas and that their need.. their desire for the activity had only made you stronger. More resilient. I propose that we continue our activities, but.. but on a schedule more suited for the times and for your sanity. Say... once a week? I shall continue to help you hone your skills and in return-- I get that thrill that I oh so do seek and desire. The mice help, but this... this will help us both my Sybil.," he then added seemingly expressing concerns for the civet's leaders continued safety and edge albeit in his own unique way. It was almost as if he was training or preparing her... or perhaps he simply had an ongoing interest to keep himself entertained. And it probably didn't hurt that it kept the poor Civet leader quite humiliated.

OOC: Almost smilie

Sybil dropped her mood when Naga mentioned his request. Such hard work many birds did to bring the rodents and have her safe of this activity, only to have this request. Was it in vain? Sybil knew she had one last game pending with him, but now he was asking to continue it, probably for the rest of her life.
"Then... um... so be it. Alright then, deal." Sybil stammered, knowing she couldn't say no to him. He did saved Snow's life. Even so, she wondered... why? Why did he want to keep this insane activity she hated so much? He already had the thrill of the hunt with the pigeons and rodents. Was it really to help her? No, it had to be cause he took sadistic pleasure in hunting her in particular.

Before Naga could reply to her shaky statement, she spoke again.
"When do you want to start?" she asked, rather undignified. Naga has gotten bigger no doubt, as she could clearly see, which meant he was going to coil and probably bite harder if he caught her. She knew he enjoyed that moment as much as the stalking itself. But bigger meant slower, right? At least she hoped so. One thing she didn't know was that a certain mongoose was somewhere having plenty of fun listening to everything...
---
#1995 Posted: 22:54:57 22/03/2018
"Excellent excellent-- I know you probably have a lot on your plate so.. so let's say tomorrow. Until then, we can prepare and we can rest. I know that this whole situation with the wolves isn't ideal and I'm very thankful for the cubs' continued safety. They.. they deserve as much and perhaps in time-- they will no longer have to worry. Until then, all we can do is keep an close eye on them and.. and remain resilient. And one day, this Haven will truly be at peace.," Naga replied appearing very pleased in the new deal. However, it was true that he was going tired of the endless war and the Haven would be a simpler place without the wolves' continued interference in things.

--

As Hunter pursued, he sniffed the air and soon caught a hunt of his sister's scent. "Your scent gives you away sis and that can only mean...," he quickly said as he reached around a grabbed what likely Snow. "Got you!," he exclaimed as he did so.
---
#1996 Posted: 23:16:54 22/03/2018 | Topic Creator
As Cole continued watching the playful Cubs with both delight and pity, a distressed civet really had too much on her mind.
"Yes... I do hope so too. So... tomorrow afternoon it will be." Sybil said, kinda relieved it didn't have to be right now, but at the same time nervous that now she will never escape the dangerous activity. And with Naga getting bigger, she knew that every capture was going to be more painful, not to mention she was getting older and her reflexes will soon deteriorate and make her an easier prey.

Sholeh waited for Sybil to be out of sight before jumping to Naga's side. She didn't have a great view from there, so she was glad the game wasn't today, but she still manage to hear their conversation quite well.
"Wow... ha ha, you really did it? You actually asked her to continue the game? Hah, did you hear her tone of voice? She wasn't happy about it." Sholeh pointed out, having detected the distress. She was happy now that she gets to see Sybil humiliated more than once.
"Still, I wish you would've said two to three times a week. Once seems like too little. But oh well, worse is nothing I guess." Sholeh commented, having hoped Naga would've wanted more than that. He truly was noble if he was going to allow the civet all but one day of the week. She was going to make sure to be present. Sholeh could see better than anyone else how gigantic Naga actually was, so being hunted by him has to be quite the terrifying ordeal indeed.
---
#1997 Posted: 23:47:18 22/03/2018
"Oh my dear Sholeh-- as pleasing as that would've been, she'll now have six whole long days to dread and anticipate her capture. And in the meanwhile, we'll always have the rodents that she so generally released and.. and each other of course. I'll make sure you know when and where-- and if you just happen to accidentally show up to watch the spectacle. Well-- I know how much you enjoy seeing your leader be embarrassed and humiliated. I'm sure you will enjoy the show.," Naga said anticipating the game himself and knowing that Sybil would be dreading every day closer to the graciously spaced 'activity.' Part of him wondered if he should've scheduled it to be at least twice a week, but his anticipation would only grow and make for a more 'exciting' game when it did occur. Again and again and again...
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 23:50:03 22/03/2018 by redwes
#1998 Posted: 00:26:40 23/03/2018 | Topic Creator
"Oh my... I underestimated your cunning. You're right. Six days is quite a lot of time to dread in fear before the big event itself." Sholeh said, now sorry to have questioned him.
"You truly are an amazing individual. Not only big and powerful, but also intelligent. It's mostly one thing or the other with many, so it's rare to see both qualities at the same time." Sholeh commented delightedly, knowing Naga will appreciate the compliment. Truly a jackpot was hit when she managed to engage into a friendship with this mighty force of nature. She then gazed at where Sybil has disappeared to, and chuckled at the thought of Sybil knowing she will have to entertain the python for the rest of her life if she wanted to repay his services.

Sholeh wasn't wrong. As Sybil walked away leaving Naga's dark territory, she felt fearful, undignified and even betrayed. The last thing she wanted to do was serve as a chew toy for this overwhelming animal forever. Orcas were lifelong friends and served her with or without game, so they were a different case. But Naga was brought here by Shadow himself in order to bring misery, which he did when he nearly brought the warbler's to extinction. Even though Naga wasn't the monster the Komodo dragon hoped for, he was still a dangerous animal, evil or not. What was worse, it was her the one who suggested the dangerous activity. Had she known the python was going to enjoy it too much, she never would've suggested it. If only she could go back in time and undo this dastard idea...
---
#1999 Posted: 00:37:04 23/03/2018
Snow yelped in surprise. "You caught me!"
---
SC
#2000 Posted: 01:42:14 23/03/2018
Hunter gave a big playful grin. "Hehe... better luck next time sis!," he simply said enjoying the activities.

---

Naga did indeed appreciate the comment and resulting boost to his ever-growing ego. "You know my dear-- you have done so much for me, and even though it was I that initially started this relationship, you have only helped/encouraged me to become my own self. If it wasn't for us and for everything our friendship had shown me, I might still be the same influenced python I once was. My dear Sholeh-- if there is anything you want or anything you've been meaning to ask me, please.. feel free to ask. Together, we can and will do a great many things together. I mean it.," he then said turning his attention fully towards the mongoose and expressing more of his more noble nature. After have weeks together with no hiding and no secrets, their friendship meant more than ever to him now.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:43:38 23/03/2018 by redwes
First | Previous | Page 40 of 45 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me