Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 33 of 45 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 43 44 45
The Haven Legacy: Ultimatum [CLOSED]
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8600
#1601 Posted: 02:54:24 31/12/2017
Snow walked up to Naga. "Mr. Naga?" She let out a breath. "Thank you."
---
SC
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8578
#1602 Posted: 03:05:47 31/12/2017
Sayan nodded. It was hard to believe that he and Naga were now about to feast together in the same cave.

"You're welcome, little one.," Naga said with a slight nod. It was rare that he had the opportunity to help-- and it was different to say the least.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#1603 Posted: 03:16:24 31/12/2017 | Topic Creator
Sybil left with Rose to a small river near the beach, where fishing was the easiest and the fish were a decent size. Sometimes the rare but delicious salmon that the orcas hunted could be found here. She was surprised how much progress has been done with Naga, and knew this rescue mission has been for the best. Rose, Sayan and the cubs were starting to accept him, and if things went right, he could become an official member of the Haven after all.

When they reached the river, Sybil knew Naga wasn't the biggest threat anymore.
"Listen Rose, we'll have to be on high alert from now on. We have just learned that Anue wasn't as nice and friendly as she seemed. Now we know she and her pack will resort to dirty methods to get us out of our island home. We were way too lucky to have Naga on our side." Sybil expressed, knowing the rescue would've been impossible without him.
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
#1604 Posted: 03:26:53 31/12/2017
"Yes he is a lucky break." Rose said. "But we must prepare for the worst if it comes to it."

Snow was afraid of Naga but she was brave and she hugged him.
---
SC
#1605 Posted: 03:36:02 31/12/2017
Naga accepted the hug, still unsure of the idea but considering the young cub very brave indeed.

"Naga-- believe me when I say that you're done a lot of us and that we won't forget.," Sayan said having the courage to walk-up and speak to who he had once considered his possible enemy.
---
#1606 Posted: 03:41:11 31/12/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: Spyroconvexity
"Yes he is a lucky break." Rose said. "But we must prepare for the worst if it comes to it."

"Indeed, but don't you think that is going to stop you from living in your own home." Sybil said angrily as she fished, thinking of various ideas.
"Maybe if you build a fence around your home, it will be harder for the wolves to come and try to kidnap Snow or maybe Hunter this time. To top it all, I'll assign some keas to live nearby to act as night guards." Sybil suggested, knowing that many of them returned to their nocturnal lives to take care of the frightened warblers.

Between her and Rose, they caught two dozens fish, though unfortunately, none of them were salmon. Worst was nothing, and many of them were quite big.
"Ok then, time to head back. Later. I'll go to the kea tree to assign those guards, and when I return to my tree tonight, I'll draw some fence ideas so we can start as soon as tomorrow morning." Sybil concluded, knowing a task like this couldn't wait. The family could sleep on top of trees, but they would be very uncomfortable and she didn't want them to leave their beloved home because of some stupid pack.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:42:13 31/12/2017 by Felines
#1607 Posted: 09:38:19 31/12/2017
"For now me and Sayan will stay at Crocux cave. I'm not risking another kidnapping." Rose said.

Meanwhile weigh the wolves.

A couple of them came back. "My lady. They are gone! They left their home."

Anue growled. "That little rat wants war then she'll get one. In three days we send one more warning. If she does not leave then it's a act of war!"
---
SC
#1608 Posted: 12:48:53 31/12/2017 | Topic Creator
"Yesh. I guess it's better that way. Heh, well I hope at least you're ready for Crocux's snores. He sounds like a raspy lion's roar." Sybil warned, though she believed that was easily solved with some improvised earplugs.

They reached Crocux's cave without delay, and Sybil was anxious to have Naga tried some fish. She knew a lot about many animals around the world thanks to the traveling birds, but they didn't know much about pythons for obvious reasons.
---
#1609 Posted: 15:26:47 31/12/2017
"We're back!" Rose said.
---
SC
#1610 Posted: 16:12:12 31/12/2017 | Topic Creator
Sybil settled down their fish, ready for an eager feast. She hasn't had a decent meal in quite a while, and was looking forward to see how Naga would deal with this new food. As for the cubs, she wasn't sure if they ate solid food yet, but this could be a nice way to start.
---
#1611 Posted: 23:17:26 31/12/2017
"Well everyone dig in!" Rose said.
---
SC
#1612 Posted: 23:54:44 31/12/2017 | Topic Creator
Sybil started first, being extremely hungry. She was going to enjoy this feast. It was a time to celebrate and be happy. Despite her eating, she concentrated more on Naga, who was going to experiment something new today. What was more, it was very likely this was the first time he ate with company. She expected that everything was happening too fast for him, and was ready to step down and leave him alone in a corner Jack used when carving his statues. She knew this was much change for an animal that was used to be solitary. It was certainly so etching different, but maybe with time, Naga would learn to appreciate it.
---
Wyrstel Emerald Sparx Gems: 4341
#1613 Posted: 05:49:12 01/01/2018
AJ: I decide to use my current tree as my temporary nest until I decide that I have gathered enough information from the wolves. Snow is now safe but the wolves may be now planning on a war with Haven, the information that I gather may be able to help the others. In the trees, I know that the wolves can't touch me, so this is where my post shall be for the time being.
#1614 Posted: 11:49:04 01/01/2018
Hunter chowed down on the fish, having already been experienced on the subject of fish-- not only due to the help of his father but also his own desire to become the best hunter out there. After all, what use was someone named 'Hunter' who couldn't hunt?

Sayan chowed down as well, smiling at all of them enjoying a feast together. It was very rare anymore that they all had the opportunity to enjoy such a pleasure and the pleasure of company even made him briefly forget about his worry concerning Naga.

Naga, meanwhile, did indeed seem a tad unsure or uncomfortable of the experience. While he had somewhat planned ahead when he had finally made his decision to turn against Anoe-- he certainly wasn't expecting so quick a turnaround of Sybil and the others. And while he had previously revealed more of his inner self to the likes of Sholeh, it was certainly a different experience having now both saved and feasted with whom he had once considered his enemy. Regardless of how he felt, he wasn't going to reject the idea proceeded to try the new food presented in front of him.

At first-- he merely eyed the strange but interesting smelling 'prey' in front of him as if he had expected it to flop away or something. However, as he slowly ate and digested the so called 'fish', he actually found it to be surprisingly good and just different enough than his usual diet. Even more so-- he found that the flavors merged into something that had genuine surprised him. It was slimier then he was used to and yet, it somehow added to it. He even went for a second bite while also keeping an eye on the various reactions of the others.
---
#1615 Posted: 12:37:05 01/01/2018
Snow and Rose munched on their fish but Snow kept a wary eye on Naga as she didn't fully trust the large snake yet.
---
SC
#1616 Posted: 14:33:32 01/01/2018 | Topic Creator
OOC: My first RP post of the year smilie

Sybil watched as Naga ate for a second time, and knew that if he repeated meals, it meant that he did liked the fish. If that was the case, then it meant that he finally had yet another option in diet to sastify that voracious appetite of his. She felt so foolish for not having suggested it before. She knew many snakes could swim, yet it never occurred to her that they could feed on fish as well. She watched as he made short work of his new meal, keeping a distance to avoid making him more uncomfortable.

The feast continued until everyone but Naga left nothing but bones. Now it was time to drink water they have gathered from leaves, accumulated with the fog, to help them with digestion. Sybil only ate once, for despite having been hungry, she took a rather large fish that she almost didn't managed to finish.
"Well now then, magnificent feast. I'd like to propose a toast for our new companion Naga, for he did a wonderful thing today. He could've said no. He could've been someone that betrayed us, yet none of the above. He kept his promise and help us get back our beloved Snow. So for that I give thanks." the now plump Sybil said sincerely, being almost unable to move after such a large fish. She didn't care though, for it was a moment to celebrate and be relaxed. It was quite an ordeal they all went though, so this moment of calmness was certainly welcomed.
---
#1617 Posted: 14:59:26 01/01/2018
"How could we, no how could I ever repay you for saving my daughter?" Rose said.
---
SC
#1618 Posted: 15:10:59 01/01/2018 | Topic Creator
Sybil flinched at that comment, for even though she was glad for the rescue and that everything turned out well, she still believed that Naga would demand a rather hefty reward for such services. After all, he did risked his life as well for animals that were almost complete strangers to him...
---
#1619 Posted: 10:35:57 03/01/2018
OOC: Apologies for the delay. smilie

As Rose practically bowed and pleaded to the one who had saved her child, Naga had to take a brief moment to think about his response. And it was worth noting that this was Rose who was asking and not Sybil-- meaning he could potentially get two favors out of his deed. However, the question he had to ask himself was what did he really want? He could ask for anything and chances were-- he would probably get it. He had made it clear to himself (and Ender) that he was taking control of his life and possibly the Haven to a degree. Still the question loomed over him...

"My dear Rose...," he finally started to respond. "All I ask is that you spread the word and make it known what I have done. Whatever actions I may have committed in the past shall remain the past and it has come the time-- it has come the time for me to form my own destiny. For as long as I am here, I will stand... I will slither between you and whatever threats want to harm the children of this beautiful Haven.," he then said sounding quite proud of himself. He actually sounded quite noble though he suspected that the pressure the residents faced in pleasing him, Sybil in particular, would only increase after his bold deed and his even bolder statement. At the very least-- he sounded oddly committed to this new 'version' of himself.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 10:49:06 03/01/2018 by redwes
#1620 Posted: 21:15:23 03/01/2018
"Then it shall be done!" Rose said.
---
SC
#1621 Posted: 23:29:29 03/01/2018 | Topic Creator
OOC: No apologies redwes. We know you can be busy. I didn't help much either with so many comments in the guestbook smilie

Sybil seemed rather relieved that's all Naga wanted, at least for the time being. She knew she still owed him that one last game, and after today, there was no way she could deny him that. As for his request, she knew it was going to be nearly impossible for everyone to accept him, especially the warblers, but after such a successful rescue, she knew she had to try.
"It shall be as you say. The past is just that, and... even though it happened, I know you were acting out of mere instinct. I bet you didn't know this place was a Haven when you arrived, and that it had rules." Sybil expressed, not wanting to believe the worst of Naga. She was still trying to forgive him after killing off so many of her warbler friends, and it still hurt her to think that if only she could've realized much sooner what was happening, many tragedies could've been averted. Nothing she could do now except looking forward for the future and have this intimidating snake as an ally and another Haven residents. Despite his dark introduction, Sybil now knew Naga better, and she didn't see him evil. He liked being intimidating and even a bit naughty, but not to the point of pure malice, or at least that's how Sybil viewed him.
---
#1622 Posted: 00:12:22 04/01/2018
OOC: No harm done. That's what friends are for. smilie

"Thank-you and... and thank-you for understanding. This whole little experience has been-- enlightening and intriguing to say the least.," Naga said revealing part of his slightly less conflicted feelings.

Sayan remained silent, still unsure of what to think of the large snake.
---
#1623 Posted: 00:36:48 04/01/2018 | Topic Creator
Sybil sighed, trying to say something else, but couldn't. She didn't want to bring up an uncomfortable subject like the game right there in front of the cat family, so she remained silent, spending many minutes with the cats and snake, just lying around and being lazy. Everyone remained in awkward silence for a moment, with Sybil contemplating just how large Naga really was. Before, she could only see his head and part of the body among the trees, but now she could see the entire length of the body, which could easily form a circle around her and Rose's family.

After too much silence, Sybil decided to break it at last, not wanting her special guest to feel much more uncomfortable than he probably was already.
"Well, it was a nice afternoon, wasn't it? Once again, thank you for your help Mr. Naga. Once you're ready, I can walk you home if you want." Sybil offered, not ready to have him sleeping in the Haven just yet. She couldn't let him stay in her home given she had Yodel there, and the warblers were certainly going to form a riot if he remained nearby. Not to mention she didn't want to wake up Naga's old temptation.
---
#1624 Posted: 00:48:38 04/01/2018
"Yes-- I believe that would be best. Farewell Rose and family.," Naga politely said with a nod before preparing to leave with Sybil. Part of him was relieved that the afternoon was over, though he knew that things would never truly be the same again. They still had Anue to worry about and it was only a matter of time until the wolf at least suspected his possible involvement.
---
#1625 Posted: 01:09:31 04/01/2018 | Topic Creator
Sybil walked with Naga behind her, nervous about night being so close. She wanted to leave earlier so that she wouldn't be caught in the swamp at night, but it was getting rather late for that. The time spent in Crocux's cave was more than she anticipated. Even if they accelerated their steps, nighttime was still going to befall them before she could reach her own home. At least she was nocturnal, and that could help her.
"Mr. Naga? You... you were truly wonderful today. So many things could've gone wrong, yet you managed to pull through all the way... I... I'm worried about the wolves, but we will handle that. And I know... I know you feel lost and a bit... unappreciated, but I intend to change all that." Sybil said sincerely, needing no clue to know they made awful enemies of the wolves today, and now that she knew their intentions, she intended to have Naga as an ally. Sybil didn't know what kind of history Naga had with Anue, and she didn't dare to ask, but she was going to try to bring Naga to their side, even if it meant ruining whatever kind of friendship or partnership the snake had with the wolf matriarch.
---
#1626 Posted: 04:33:13 04/01/2018
"Wait!" Rose said. "It's nearly dark Naga. Why not stay with us?" She said still very great full. "At least for tonight."
---
SC
#1627 Posted: 04:57:10 04/01/2018 | Topic Creator
Sybil mouthed the words bad idea to Rose, knowing the Haven wasn't ready for someone with such a dastard reputation. Naga couldn't stay with her due to Yodel, and she doubted Jack or Crocux would be ready to welcome him in their home. All that was left was the cat family's own home, but Sybil had noticed during dinner just how tense everyone was with his presence, even Snow, despite the rescuing. What was worse, if Naga stayed with them and the wolves decided to attack them right there, they would know immediately of his involvement in the rescue, and it could get the snake in some major trouble. A wolf or two were no match for him, but as Sybil pointed out earlier, an entire pack could put him in danger. Naga was big and dangerous, but not invincible.
---
#1628 Posted: 00:41:38 07/01/2018
Sunflame doesn't know much about Barloc save the fact that he hates predators. Still the male serval is a little hurt by that, as he and Whirlpool are the healers of the sanctuary, but still Barloc does not trust him. Such are the way of things, I guess, he says to himself, as he re-enters his and Whirlpool's home, laden with all the ingredients that his friend and housemate, Whirlpool had sent him for.
#1629 Posted: 01:58:46 07/01/2018 | Topic Creator
While things at the Haven were peaceful by now, it was all tense with Naga's presence. It wasn't any different in Hunted island. Despite every cockatoo proceeding with their lives as normal, they were almost as nervous as their leader. Barloc's bad vibes from having Sunflame so close by was really contagious, and nobody could say anything about it or he may take it the wrong way. Not even Kali, who could usually put him in his place, was enough to take all that bitterness away from him. She was much more open minded about predators than her husband. Even after accidentally witnessing one of the orca's violent seal hunt a few weeks ago, she managed to shake the shock away with relative ease. Since the Haven was far more full of predators than this island, Barloc forbade the flock from ever going there unless Sybil summoned any of them for an emergency. But both she and the cockatoo cousins were tired of the absurd rule, and tonight when he goes to sleep, they were going to visit Sunflame and get acquainted with him. Not only that, but to,otros, Barloc had a reunion with the southern cockatoo clan, which lived various hours away, time in which Kali, her daughter and nephew were going to visit the Haven, not caring whether Barloc finds out eventually.
---
#1630 Posted: 05:22:58 07/01/2018
"Well the offer will always be here." Rose said.
---
SC
#1631 Posted: 03:35:48 09/01/2018
Naga stopped and turned around; taking the offer into consideration for a brief moment before answering. "As.. as pleasant as this afternoon has been, I do believe that my presence right now would only serve to make things worse at least for the time being. And-- and if Anue were to go looking for me or suspect my potential involvement...," Naga said pausing and looking at the feline family. "I would hate to see your family be hurt or put in further harm again my dear Rose.," he then added knowing that another encounter with Anue was bound to happen. As he spoke, he actually seemed somewhat caring of the feline family and seemingly spoke of good intentions.

Sayan silently agreed with Sybil, but waited to see how the others would respond.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:38:29 09/01/2018 by redwes
#1632 Posted: 03:48:05 09/01/2018 | Topic Creator
OOC: Welcome back... sort of smilie

Rose was reasonable, so Sybil believed she would understand. She didn't expect her to invite Naga to stay as sudden as that, but then again, he saved her daughter. It was only natural for a loving mother to feel so grateful. But for now, it was for the best if Naga remained at his own home until the wolf threat could be dealt with.
"Come on Mr. Naga." Sybil said, determined to accompany him despite still hating the idea of visiting his territory at night. The sun was barely up anymore, so she was preparing to walk back home with pure darkness. She stayed quiet the rest of the way, not wanting to push Naga into a conversation he probably didn't want. He already felt uncomfortable enough back at Crocux's cave, having dinner with a bunch of strangers, so she wanted to take his welcome and interactions one step at a time.
---
#1633 Posted: 10:26:35 09/01/2018
Rose noded. "Well just know you're welcomed in the haven."
---
SC
#1634 Posted: 15:16:24 09/01/2018 | Topic Creator
Sybil smiled at the remark, knowing that at least Rose, who was the next Haven successor, was more than open to accept Naga as an official new member of the sanctuary. She disappeared into the thicket with the gigantic snake in tow, and just as she suspected, nightfall was already among them when they reached the treacherous swamp.
"Well Mr. Naga. Here we are. Sweet home at last." Sybil said, imagining the python was already very used to this solitary place. Her heart skipped a few beats and she almost jumped backwards when she turned to see Naga. There was a heavy moonlight reflecting from the trees, and Naga's potent sight with the light made him seem bigger and with glowing eyes. He genuinely looked like a demon in this particular nightfall, which made Sybil almost wish she could just run away to avoid his presence. She didn't of course, but she realized now there was no limit in how scary and intimidating Naga could be. It would really be a high score for the Haven if she managed to have him as a real ally.
---
#1635 Posted: 06:45:05 10/01/2018
Sunflame: "Hey, Whirlpool, I have returned with everything that you told me needed to be gathered. I even got some of the things that you said were hard to find. There should be more than enough to make what we need to."
#1636 Posted: 19:57:11 10/01/2018 | Topic Creator
Whirlpool thanked his roommate and assistant with a nod, not wanting to bore him with his lack of ability in conversation, even though Sunflame was already use to it as many other of the wombat's friends. With the ingredients he gathered, he was finally going to be able to do what he has always wanted to do. Whirlpool always specialized in tonics and overall liquid medicines one could swallow, but this time, he wanted to try to create an antibiotic that was good with wounds and other stuff like pimples, but according to his research, the ingredients were nearly impossible to find, so he really was grateful for an assistant like Sunflame, who was faster and a much better tracker than him.

Before he worked on it however, he turned to Sunflame.
"Vi... vi... visitors." he managed to say, pointing to one of the labirynths holes, and there came Kali with the cockatoo cousins.
"Good evening my dear. I hope you don't mind our visit, but ever since you moved here, we never got a chance to get aquatinted. I know, it's because of that blockheaded husband of mine, but not anymore of his silly antics. Tonight, my daughter, nephew and I will get to know you better." Kali said with a kindness that was so different to the way she treated her husband. It was almost impossible to believe they were a couple with the practically black and white differences in their personalities.
---
#1637 Posted: 00:07:04 11/01/2018
Quote: Spyroconvexity
Rose noded. "Well just know you're welcomed in the haven."
Quote: Felines
"Well Mr. Naga. Here we are. Sweet home at last." Sybil said, imagining the python was already very used to this solitary place. Her heart skipped a few beats and she almost jumped backwards when she turned to see Naga. There was a heavy moonlight reflecting from the trees, and Naga's potent sight with the light made him seem bigger and with glowing eyes. He genuinely looked like a demon in this particular nightfall, which made Sybil almost wish she could just run away to avoid his presence. She didn't of course, but she realized now there was no limit in how scary and intimidating Naga could be. It would really be a high score for the Haven if she managed to have him as a real ally.

Naga gave a polite nod before leaving alongside Sybil, opting to remain silent as well as to avoid any more awkward conversation. As they soon returned and the civet leader was almost briefly scared by his understandably intimidating presence, he let it go without comment and turned to Sybil. "Thank-you. Tonight has been... tonight has been interesting to say the least. I look forward to seeing where this progresses and though we probably made new enemies tonight-- I appreciate the opportunity.," he then said with a nod.

Back at Crocux's cave, Sayan rubbed Rose as if to comfort his mate after everything that has happened. "You alright?," he asked knowing how traumatic the whole experience must have been for the mother in Rose. It even brought out his own protective father side and the whole 'dinner with Naga' idea still wasn't settling well despite all that Naga had done.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:12:03 11/01/2018 by redwes
#1638 Posted: 00:21:43 11/01/2018 | Topic Creator
"We will have to remain on high alert. Anue won't take this loss very kindly." Sybil assumed, somewhat whispering. How ironic it was that the python, who was considered the biggest enemy
for a while, turned out to be an important ally in a rescue mission against animals Sybil didn't know existed until only a few days ago.
"Farewell Mr. Naga. I... I'll come back tomorrow afternoon to finish that last game. You deserve it... and... and... no limits this time." Sybil finally said, evidently having thought really hard about that throughout the entire walk. She despised the humiliating activity, but after what Naga has done, it was the least she could do. It was just one final game, so she believed she could take it. With Naga in his own home, Sybil turned around to leave as fast as possible, wanting to go home and sleep like she has never slumbered before, but she knew that before she could do so, she had to go to the kea tree and assign some kea night guards to watch over the big cat family.

It has been a really long day, and by the time it went completely dark, many of the warblers already knew about Naga visiting the Haven again. Peepers assured them that it was only because their beloved Sybil was trying very hard to make him fit in, but naturally, many were still either too traumatized or angry at the snake for what he did to so many of their companions, although surprisingly, there was a minority that was willing to give him another chance and let the tragic past behind, as long as it could be proven to them that Naga was truly open to reform.
---
#1639 Posted: 01:39:28 11/01/2018
Rose rubs against Sayan. "I'm just glad Snow and Hunter are safe." She nuzzles the both of them. "I don't know what I would of done if I lost them." She cryed in happiness as Snow rubbed against her face.
---
SC
#1640 Posted: 01:55:30 11/01/2018 | Topic Creator
It took almost two hours for Sybil to go to the kea tree, recruit the sentry keas, and then return home. She was exhausted, and it made her slow and clumsy. She was looking forward to just sleep the night away, and was even ready to beat up Yodel very badly if he dared to interrupt her sacred sleep. But Yodel, who couldn't stand Sybil's presence, made a nest below the roots of the tree, a damp and small place where he could have privacy, even if it was uncomfortable. The area between the roots was only big enough for a warbler and such small animals to enter, so he was safe from predators.

Sybil didn't noticed or even missed his harsh greeting when she come home, for instead it was Peepers the one waiting for her. He told her where Yodel has moved, having seen him do so while she was away. Having told her that, he proceeded to speak again, in a more serious tone.
"Mistress... I think we should talk." he said, but a groan of her made him realize the bad timing.
"Please Peepers. I had a long and exhausting day. It's about Mr. Naga, isn't it? I know some warblers saw him in the Haven, but they shouldn't be alarmed. I will speak with them tomorrow morning and explain everything." Sybil said, having correctly predicted what Peepers was there for. But she was too tired to discuss the topic, and Peepers left her alone after seeing the bag under her eyes. No doubt she had a draining day, for as soon as she hit the soft moss, she fell asleep almost instantaneously...
---
#1641 Posted: 02:12:18 11/01/2018
When Sybil left Anue arrived to greet Naga. "Hello dear Naga. I'm assuming you got my signal? Well I need your help to get my leverage back."
---
SC
#1642 Posted: 13:51:29 12/01/2018
"Yes-- I got the signal and as always... excellent timing on your part my dear Anue.," Naga said briefly pausing and looking away while he carefully decided what his next words would be. He had hoped to get just one night of peace after everything-- just one single night to escape the moral and political dilemma of just *who* should rule the Haven. Part of him wanted to retreat back to the grip of Anue and the pre-determined plan. However, that part of him was only growing smaller and new personal desire was only getting stringer.

"That being said-- I believe we need to re-evaluate our relationship.," Naga then said changing his tone and practically staring down the wolf leader. "I'm afraid that too much time has elapsed. And while I may have once believed in your so-called noble cause... your hiatus has given me much to think on. You once told me how you merely sought to reclaim the Haven and rid it from an outside influence who wished to rule and assimilate the population for their own selfish desires. You claimed.. you claimed that you were different and I have to come to realize the truth. It's all lies-- you, the civet, Shadow, the humans... you're all the same. I was lost and confused and without direction-- you provided that direction for a time and.. and I shall forever be thankful for that. But-- I've become my own person now and I've learned to make my own decisions. And I've decided.. I've decided that I can no longer help you or your cause. You are on your own now and I cannot-- no I shall not help you further your reign. I am done being a pawn and I tire of this never-ending game only to increase the power and influence of others.," he then said seemingly releasing his new train of thought onto Anue. Or perhaps he was just letting off some steam.

He briefly looked away again, but this time for longer as if to let the thoughts and words settle in their heads. "Leave now and I shall spare you. I will consider it a truce and I promise you-- we will leave you alone as long as you do the same. But-- but if you break the truce and threaten to harm the others again, I will consider it an act of war. They are under my protection now and I will defend my word. And my honor.," Naga then added turning around and using the environment to increase his intimidating presence. At the same time, he was preparing himself for anything including defending himself or slipping away should the need come. He anticipated the wolf leader's response and kept an very sharp eye on his surroundings.

---

Meanwhile-- "Come here Snow and you too hunter! No matter what happens-- know that we won't let anything to happen to you. To ether of you.," Sayan said inviting the whole family to a feline group hug. Hunter joined in, happy that his sister was alive and well.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:58:24 12/01/2018 by redwes
#1643 Posted: 21:37:50 12/01/2018
Anue growled. "Fine! Have it your way! You shall meet the same end! This is war and you just made your fate!" She then went into the brush.

Snow smiled and hugs her parents and brother.

Rose nuzzles them.
---
SC
#1644 Posted: 22:02:06 12/01/2018
As Anue left-- Naga felt both relieved and deeply concerned at the same time. He knew that he would eventually meet Anue again and that he would've eventually had to break their so-called 'arrangement' up, but wasn't expecting it so soon. And if the war was a cold war before, it had just become active with retribution destined to come. 'At last... the deed is done. Ender-- keep an eye out. We are at war now.,' he thought to himself.

Sayan nuzzled and hugged his family-- taking that moment in for all it was worth.
---
#1645 Posted: 22:14:01 12/01/2018 | Topic Creator
With the kea guards assigned and everyone else going to sleep, the rest of the night was quiet, althlugh a bit gloomy. Nearly everyone knew about Naga visiting the forest, but surprisingly, no one knew the reason of that. Everyone was in the dark about the kidnapping. Warren kept the information to himself, not wanting to create an unnecessary uproar. He didn't spend much time with the warblers, but knew them well enough to figure news like that would make them restless.

Sybil slept without interruptions for a time. Nightmares about Naga were being left behind, and even though the wolves were the new threat, she didn't dream about them either. She had a couple of bizarre dreams, but nothing really out of the ordinary. She opened her eyes momentarily after brainstorming in her sleep, thinking about so many things. She really was determined to make Naga an official Haven resident, but knew the implications of that. He would have to resist the temptation of hunting warblers again, a task she knew it was going to be too hard for an animal that fed on them for too long. It was hard enough for Sholeh to give up on eggs, but at least she was far easier to keep under control. Naga was a different story. He could still be a danger to the warblers, so she had to be very careful about her next move. Sybil didn't think she and Naga were friends yet, so she would have to work harder on that, like she once did with Jet. After thinking about everything for a while, Sybil fell asleep again, not wanting to wake up until the sun was high.
---
#1646 Posted: 22:35:16 12/01/2018
Meanwhile Anue was rallying her pack. "We must make armor. These residents are smart and the armor will help protect us! They will suspect something is coming but we have numbers and stealth on our side! That worthless snake and residents will pay for not heading my warning!"
---
SC
#1647 Posted: 22:40:22 12/01/2018 | Topic Creator
OOC: The three of us online at the same time. That's rare these days smilie

With the pack restless and willing for war, once again, the peace that Sybil tried very hard to keep was once again thinning away. Shadow was gone forever, but now a new threat was looming, and some of the Haven birds were feeling it, although unfortunately, they dismissed it as simple concern for the python. They still saw Naga as the biggest threat when that wasn't the case anymore, at least for now.

Sholeh, who only slept a couple of hours, felt uneasy as well, although for a very different reason. She was still deeply embarrassed for being attacked by a dumb pigeon and having to be so shamefully rescued by Naga, so in order to let bygones be bygones and rekindle her friendship with the snake, Sholeh was doing another batch of her special gravy. She couldn't sleep anyway, so this was the best she could do to kill time.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:41:01 12/01/2018 by Felines
Waaksian Emerald Sparx Gems: 4906
#1648 Posted: 15:43:14 13/01/2018
OOC: I'm still around. I just didn't have anything to offer that plotline, and I didn't want to distract from it with pointless drabble.

With the kea guards assigned and everyone else going to sleep, the rest of the night was quiet, althlugh a bit gloomy. Nearly everyone knew about Naga visiting the forest, but surprisingly, no one knew the reason of that. Everyone was in the dark about the kidnapping. Warren kept the information to himself, not wanting to create an unnecessary uproar. He didn't spend much time with the warblers, but knew them well enough to figure news like that would make them restless.

Um...

"THE CUBS HAVE BEEN KIDNAPPED! THE CUBS HAVE BEEN KIDNAPPED!" Mambo cawed like a maniac, putting the entire island on high alert. This was very distressing news. The cubs were a symbol of peace that Sybil tried to hard to convey, and since nobody knew about Skaliscin and Voracivenom's own offsprings, Snow and Hunter were the first official newbies to he born in the Haven. Since Mambo didn't elaborated on the kidnappers, the warblers have to resort to finding the cubs instead of the abducter, using their multiple pair of eyes to search for them...

(Also, a side note: the residents probably have some idea of them having kids, because Speckles was talking about it in an earlier RP after the war. Also, during the incident with the wolverine, they had asked the keas to hide their eggs in their tree until the threat was gone. It's probably given very little thought for the reasons you established, though.)

--

Speckles had spent a few more hours searching for Coquina, which normally would have been a search halfhearted, given the independence serpents of all ages had. This time he was a little more focused; his own paranoia regarding the kidnapping made him fear for her safety. It was unlikely that whoever committed the offense would go after something as small and-- he'd dare say-- insignificant as the centipede-eaters, due to how little influence they have. The residents knew about them... mostly. Particularly the keas, whom Speckles had visited many times to have the occasional break from the hectic start of Voraci's and Skali's parenthood. But they were given very little thought, due to how absent the family has been from recent affairs.

The velvet worm, by chance, did find Coquina, who was hunting a little closer to the beach. He expressed his concerns, and for reasons she never specified, decided to actually heed him for once. He decided to stay the night at the kea tree, since their home was a very long distance for two small creatures. It had also been a long time, and he missed the parrots' company.

Earlier that night, he managed to catch a glimpse of Sybil rallying a few keas, for reasons he was uncertain of. He didn't eavesdrop this time, and focused his attention on getting the rambunctious child at his side to at least relax, if not sleep. He knew he wouldn't be able to-- the image of Mambo still burned in the back of his mind. What had happened to him? He hadn't seem him since he left Cole...
#1649 Posted: 17:46:42 13/01/2018 | Topic Creator
OOC: Oh man, I forgot about that little detail. I should've said that everyone was in the dark about Naga's participation in the rescue. Sometimes so many things happen that I forget a few things. But what you pointed out has some little value too smilie

The Haven, while quiet, was still full of tension. While on her way to the kea tree earlier that night, she had informed about the cubs having been rescued to the few warblers she could find. She had completely forgotten in all the panic that she had ordered Mambo to inform about the kidnapping, and many were still looking for the cubs by the time Sybil reached the kea trees to recruit the sentries. Although a few warblers saw the group returning from the swamp, their focus aimed at the snake behind them. Nobody took the time to notice that the cubs had returned, their concern being Naga. Now that the rescue was a success, Cole took some of his time to yell at the top of his lungs that the cubs had been retrieved and that a lookout was no longer necessary. Fortunately, the message echoed through the trees that night. Mambo, who was home having a mild case of laryngitis after all the yelling he did earlier, was informed about the cub's rescue before going to sleep, but even with that information, it didn't make him feel any less guilty. Things could've gone very wrong, and he still felt like it was his fault that the cubs were kidnapped in the first place.

It was still two hours before morning, but Sybil, despite still wanting to sleep some more, couldn't even blink this time after opening her eyes. She was still too concerned about everything that happened. They have made enemies of the wolves yesterday and she knew it. Now that she knew Anue's real reason to kidnap the cubs, she had no doubts she would try a dirty trick like that again in order to achieve her goal. Why did this kept happening? After finally having been rid of Shadow, the python was a threat for a time. Now that she finally has him at their side (sort of), it turns out there is a pack of greedy wolves to deal with. And let's not forget the fact that she nearly got killed by a rogue crocodile a few days ago. Why couldn't the Haven achieve the peace it once had?
---
#1650 Posted: 01:51:36 14/01/2018
Meanwhile the wolves were making armor and by now most of the pack had armor made from light but strong tree bark and vines. Anue had armor covering her head body and legs as she was the leader and needed the most protection while the rest had head and body armor. "Send a scout to the cat den! Deliver a message. Tell them war will come unless my demands are met. One: give the cubs and two: leave this place and never come back!"

The scout noded and ran off to Rose and Sayan den.
---
SC
First | Previous | Page 33 of 45 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 43 44 45

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me