darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Imaginators on switch is not so good when you spend enough time with it.
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3
Imaginators on switch is not so good when you spend enough time with it.
blueruckus Green Sparx Gems: 419
#51 Posted: 18:29:51 08/03/2017
I know there was mention of graphics looking blurry, but how noticeable is that in portable mode? I mostly plan on playing there if I ever decide to pick this up.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#52 Posted: 19:33:19 08/03/2017
I'm just watching a daily stream since I won't really be able to buy the game unless I give up on the APs, but the person I've been watching only has mild desync on the JoyCons every now and then(much more noticeable than in SI since it's going to be your funeral if you start walking straight into a monster camp), and lag on some areas with thick grass. He has heard and does talk about other streamers having bigger issues though.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
optimall Yellow Sparx Gems: 1377
#53 Posted: 21:21:23 08/03/2017 | Topic Creator
Biggest kill for me is scanning in figures.

To put a crystal on and see whats in it is a pain if its an empty crystal, you can't just go out again, you have to decide what class it is and go through the whole selection process before you can return to game.

If your checking 20 crystals and 5 are blank, you are in for a long ride, and, then you have have 5 rushed sparkle characters you feel you have to make.

Too much drama.

As a portable, it rocks.

As a console it sucks.
---
Join me on line chat.
Search for line ID: skylanderschat
McMurderpaws Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#54 Posted: 21:27:04 08/03/2017
I don't disagree with that being a headache, Optimall. When I was scanning my stuff in on my friend's Switch this past weekend, it took us like 2 hours just to get all my current gen figures scanned. Every blank crystal, we'd have to rack our brains to remember what Battle Classes he wasn't already using from that element (and he still ended up with 2 Light Brawlers and 2 Fire Quickshots).
Dahvoo Emerald Sparx Gems: 3914
#55 Posted: 21:43:09 08/03/2017
I've only scanned in the 40 sensei/villains that have been released for use on the fly, along with the two adventure pack levels and my level 55 Sir Hoodington. That's more than enough for my sons and I to use.

Ended up scanning the 29 crystals just to get them on my collections screen, but didn't re-scan them (other than Sir Hoodington) and just deleted their slots to clear up the character selection screen.

If I ever decide to scan in my entire collection, I'd do it just to add them to my collection screen and not re-scan them.
---
SSA: 37/37; SG: 99/99; SSF: 174/174; STT: 254/254 & 59/59 Traps; SSC: 294/294 & 32/32 Vehicles; SI: 338/339 & 29/34 Crystals. MAX Imaginator Level: 59
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#56 Posted: 21:47:12 08/03/2017
Sounds like I'll be sticking with the Wii U version and just updating that... I mean, if scanning the figures in is really that big of a hassle, then I don't need to spend 60 bucks on a game I already own. Looking forward to the Adventure Packs though.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#57 Posted: 22:36:58 08/03/2017
Quote: AdamGregory03
Sounds like I'll be sticking with the Wii U version and just updating that... I mean, if scanning the figures in is really that big of a hassle, then I don't need to spend 60 bucks on a game I already own. Looking forward to the Adventure Packs though.

Yeah, It's annoying, but you literally only ever have to do it ONCE, and then you're done.

I'm with you, though; I already have my XBone copy, so I'm not picking up the Switch version until I can get it for under $30.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#58 Posted: 22:40:39 08/03/2017
Quote: TakeYourLemons
You guys may know this, but the NS is having launch problems. Some of the problems you are stating are due to some of the problems in the NS itself. I don't think load times are going to improve though based on the chosen media platform.

It's mainly just like every console launch in the Internet age where people rush to declare some "catastrophic" flaw in the hardware. With the PS4, it was the HDMI ports which a few people messed up. The Switch is neat, but they have a few things they can iron out - like controller syncing - people are used to being able to have ridiculous range on those things. I have a feeling those issues just have to do with the polling in the OS, as it seems to only affect the left controller according to complaints. I've barely noticed it, only when I got really far away.

Also people point to Zelda not performing as well as they expect, but given it was designed for the WiiU then ported, and it still performs better most of the time at a higher resolution, that doesn't surprise me. First game for a console versus last game for one.

And most of all, there are a whole bunch of people really invested in hating Nintendo no matter what they do.
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#59 Posted: 22:57:42 08/03/2017
Quote: McMurderpaws
Quote: AdamGregory03

Yeah, It's annoying, but you literally only ever have to do it ONCE, and then you're done.

I'm with you, though; I already have my XBone copy, so I'm not picking up the Switch version until I can get it for under $30.

True. But still, I'd rather just swap my Skylander out on a portal.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#60 Posted: 00:23:17 09/03/2017
Whether its good or not once I have the money I'll buy it and test it out
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
#61 Posted: 15:53:39 09/03/2017
Quote: PwnageFTW
Whether its good or not once I have the money I'll buy it and test it out

It's good, it's just not perfect.

The main complaints are:

-Lower resolution than PS4/Xbox One, so those versions will always look better on TV.
-Unusually long load times, mostly when entering some levels.
-Double scanning to add characters to your playable line up seems unnecessarily tedious.
-Character select interface is borderline abusive. If you have 300 characters scanned in and want to play as the first one you scanned, you have to cycle past 299 other characters to get to it.
---
SSA: 37/37; SG: 99/99; SSF: 174/174; STT: 254/254 & 59/59 Traps; SSC: 294/294 & 32/32 Vehicles; SI: 338/339 & 29/34 Crystals. MAX Imaginator Level: 59
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#62 Posted: 15:55:08 09/03/2017
I definitely like using the portal better since it saves your data to the toy every second of the way, but the Switch version will be nice for when I'm not at home or taking trips. I'll probably end up using the Wii U version at home with all my Skylanders on it and the Switch version on the go with only Senseis and Imaginators on it so I don't have to cycle through that selection screen so much.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:56:32 09/03/2017 by TrapShadowFan
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#63 Posted: 18:41:31 09/03/2017
They missed an opportunity to sell lots of Switch versions. They could have made one of the included figures a Wave 5 figure. They probably didn't do that because neither King Pen nor Golden Queen will have a single, but still. I definitely would have picked it up if they did. But as it is, since I have the PS4 and XB1 editions, there is absolutely no reason to buy it again. I'm just fine playing it on the TV, our Switch is used like that most of the time anyways - and with Shovel Knight, Snipperclips and Zelda that's plenty of Switch gaming goodness for now.

By the way, Zelda is sooo amazing. Me and my son are comparing experiences and it is amazing how different of an experience two people can have in it. Even on things such as approaches to get to locations and taking out enemy camps. I see a location in the distance and end up getting sidetracked a dozen times before getting there. I wandered into an area with very tough enemies and figured out a clever way to take them out and got some weapons that were several times more powerful than what I was used to at that point. The game simply hardly ever tells the gamer "No, you can't do it that way". I'm also playing Horizon (which is excellent), but it feels very limiting to go back to a "normal" open world game like that.
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#64 Posted: 06:41:43 10/03/2017
Random question. If u scan say jetvac and he's lvl 1 and u play on switch and get him up to say lvl 10. Then play a non switch version forgetting u played it on switch, get it to lvl 7. Would then the data from switch override the data on the figure or would it just add to it? I guess what im trying to say is how does this all work if your playing the figures on different consoles etc.
Flame58 Blue Sparx Gems: 528
#65 Posted: 06:49:05 10/03/2017
Switch will override whatever you did on other consoles.
---
"Let the flames begin!"
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#66 Posted: 10:27:18 10/03/2017
Well, it'll override the figure data if you tell Wendel to export to the figure. If you delete the character from the Switch, you'll be able to import the progress you made on a different system. So, you have 2 choices; override your Switch progress, or override your other progress.
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#67 Posted: 12:51:01 10/03/2017
Quote: defpally
Quote: TakeYourLemons
You guys may know this, but the NS is having launch problems. Some of the problems you are stating are due to some of the problems in the NS itself. I don't think load times are going to improve though based on the chosen media platform.

It's mainly just like every console launch in the Internet age where people rush to declare some "catastrophic" flaw in the hardware. With the PS4, it was the HDMI ports which a few people messed up. The Switch is neat, but they have a few things they can iron out - like controller syncing - people are used to being able to have ridiculous range on those things. I have a feeling those issues just have to do with the polling in the OS, as it seems to only affect the left controller according to complaints. I've barely noticed it, only when I got really far away.

Also people point to Zelda not performing as well as they expect, but given it was designed for the WiiU then ported, and it still performs better most of the time at a higher resolution, that doesn't surprise me. First game for a console versus last game for one.

And most of all, there are a whole bunch of people really invested in hating Nintendo no matter what they do.

Of course. You have to temper the information, just like the rest of the internet. But seeing some of the problems displayed was very interesting. I think everyone here knows the risk of buying right at launch anyway. I don't agree with Nintendo copyright strikes for people though, but it's not my company so who cares.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 12:52:26 10/03/2017 by TakeYourLemons
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#68 Posted: 05:58:44 11/03/2017
Quote: Flame58

Quote: Nightmoon
Well, it'll override the figure data if you tell Wendel to export to the figure. If you delete the character from the Switch, you'll be able to import the progress you made on a different system. So, you have 2 choices; override your Switch progress, or override your other progress.

Ok, I figured as much but I wanted to make sure. I was sort of hopping it just added the exp and gold and such but i guess that could be problematic. Last question, If i scan the skylander in at say lvl 5 and then play it on the ps4 level it up etc, can i re-scan the higher leveled one to the ps4? Im assuming a delete and re-scan etc>?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:59:30 11/03/2017 by SlayerX11
MA-Josh Blue Sparx Gems: 587
#69 Posted: 06:33:38 11/03/2017
Quote: SlayerX11
Quote: Flame58

Ok, I figured as much but I wanted to make sure. I was sort of hopping it just added the exp and gold and such but i guess that could be problematic. Last question, If i scan the skylander in at say lvl 5 and then play it on the ps4 level it up etc, can i re-scan the higher leveled one to the ps4? Im assuming a delete and re-scan etc>?

Yep, you just need to delete it on Switch and then rescan it. If you scan the figure without deleting it first it'll show up on Switch at the lower level (but won't override the progress on the figure)
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Josh from Mon Amiibo
#70 Posted: 07:59:03 11/03/2017
Is it just me or is scanning really, really glitchy? It took me at least 20 tries to scan my magic crystal because it kept coming up with error messages, and sometimes my Switch even had to restart itself just from trying to scan a figure.
4inCreation Gold Sparx Gems: 2989
#71 Posted: 08:30:46 11/03/2017
I'm surprised that it even scans in the first place. Portals work because they surround the base of the toy with a wire. I don't know the exact way it works, but it seems like a small version of it would never function as well.

It reminds me of the Roku Stick. I've got a Roku 2 & 3 and have no problems using them with any TV in any part of my house, but I could only get the Stick to work on the TV with a direct line of sight to my internet router.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:39:05 11/03/2017 by 4inCreation
IggyKoopaStar Emerald Sparx Gems: 3402
#72 Posted: 14:32:07 11/03/2017
So basically, the Switch doesn't use the portal at all, huh? Mainly with the Switch integrated features? I imagine it can be useful to play on the go but how hard is it to keep track of the Skylander collection and updating out there? Is it long? Hard?
---
smilie Looking Sharp! smilie
#73 Posted: 16:54:13 11/03/2017
Quote: IggyKoopaStar
So basically, the Switch doesn't use the portal at all, huh? Mainly with the Switch integrated features? I imagine it can be useful to play on the go but how hard is it to keep track of the Skylander collection and updating out there? Is it long? Hard?

I think the best way to use the Switch version would be in conjunction with your other console versions. Just load the characters you wanna level up or upgrade instead of your whole collection, then you can use the characters you're working on while you're out. When you get home, save them and put them back on your other console. It's way easier than cycling through over 300 characters, and because the Joycon scanning is so dang glitchy and unresponsive with this game, it took me about 45 minutes just to scan in and save 34 characters.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:55:20 11/03/2017 by TrapShadowFan
#74 Posted: 19:38:48 13/03/2017
I've played through every level on Switch, including all adventure pack levels except for Curse Tiki Temple and Lost Imaginite Mines, and overall I am happy with it.

The extra load times are noticeable, especially if you've played on other systems. Yet the trade off of having a fully portable version of the game, with a digital collection of characters to switch between, makes up for it IMO.

The game looks great on the Switch's small screen, although on TV you do notice a reduced resolution (similar to Wii U) compared to PS4/Xbox One. It still looks good, just not as good.

I certainly wouldn't recommend scanning an entire collection of 300+ characters to your playable lineup, unless you knew in advance to save your favorite/most played characters for the end. Although unlikely, I really hope they patch in an easier interface one day, similar to how the later 3DS games did it (all characters sorted by element with element icons you can press to get to the start of any element group).
---
Taronyx Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#75 Posted: 22:09:01 15/03/2017
I just scanned in like 10 chests, and now when I go to "unlock them" none of them match the one it's looking for. I have a pile of chests and can't claim any of them. Anyone else seeing this?
---
I don't want the world, I just want your half
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#76 Posted: 22:20:04 15/03/2017
Quote: Taronyx
I just scanned in like 10 chests, and now when I go to "unlock them" none of them match the one it's looking for. I have a pile of chests and can't claim any of them. Anyone else seeing this?

Yeah, I dealt with this as well. Totally insane you pretty much have to do it twice to open the chest.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
trixster68 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#77 Posted: 22:37:05 15/03/2017
You have to scan one at a time twice once to load it once to unlock it. Good luck
---
Havesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie37
#78 Posted: 03:03:10 16/03/2017
Yes I know this. Problem is I scanned five silver chests and none of them unlock any of them. I'm gonna have to call support.
---
#79 Posted: 03:10:56 16/03/2017
My boyfriend figured it out. He's super awesome and rad.
---
SoulfulWolf Platinum Sparx Gems: 5782
#80 Posted: 03:43:10 16/03/2017
I'm still on the fence about which version I want. Logic says I should just stick to the Wii U version to avoid tedium.

But those extra Silver Chest from Vehicles/Trophies are super tempting... [And possibly never having to reset my creation crystals again if I play my cards right?]

Can I get some of your guy's opinions?
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#81 Posted: 04:27:01 16/03/2017
Im on the same boat, except I only have a Switch. I know its as simple as should I get it or not, but I really cant decide. I have over 100 of these things, and scrolling through all of them just to switch (ha) characters doesnt sound too fun
darkrai848 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#82 Posted: 05:10:24 16/03/2017
Quote: isaac343018s
Im on the same boat, except I only have a Switch. I know its as simple as should I get it or not, but I really cant decide. I have over 100 of these things, and scrolling through all of them just to switch (ha) characters doesnt sound too fun

You don't have to scroll, you can just rescan it to play with a skylander you want. And after its already scanned in it takes like no time to scan it again.
---
If you like toys to life, you might be interested in Lightseekers!
Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playfusion/lightseekers/description
#83 Posted: 06:07:45 16/03/2017
Once again, after talking with a few friends, I've made the final decision to stick to Wii U. I already have that version, and in most cases it is virtually identical to the Switch version, after I update. The only draw the was tempting me was the free 24 silver chest from my collection of vehicles and trophies. But I can live without, and just grind out in game chest elsewhere.

That being said, I did already delete my save data on the Wii U from when I was going to Switch! And now I need to know, will I be able to re-use my 3 Imaginite Chest, without making a new profile? I want to know as I did delete all the data for Imaginators off my Wii U. Any game data, any shared save data, and the save data connected specifically to my main Wii U profile.

It won't bother me too much if I can't use those 3 chest again, as I mainly only wanted them for my figure collection. (I'm actually really glad CTT is coming with some sort of Sapphire Chest, so I won't have to get rid of it, like I will the Life Crystal...) But it would be nice... It's also be nice if Wii U updated to give you silver chest for your vehicles too! But I know that won't happen... : /
#84 Posted: 13:08:34 16/03/2017
If you're starting a completely new save file, you will be able to use the chests again.

The chests won't work again on a save file that has already used them, but since you deleted your old save file, that won't be the case.
---
Xjmmjbn Blue Sparx Gems: 950
#85 Posted: 20:59:31 16/03/2017
Quote: Dahvoo
If you're starting a completely new save file, you will be able to use the chests again.

The chests won't work again on a save file that has already used them, but since you deleted your old save file, that won't be the case.

Does this mean anyone can use the same chest infinitely by deleting and re-creating a save slot over and over again?
That doesn't seem right. If you had a gold chest or maybe the strange new one in CTT, you could do a lot of grinding quickly.
---
Call me X, if you will. I've given you all you need to know to find out my true name, but then why am I using a pseudonym?
#86 Posted: 21:29:51 16/03/2017
Quote: Xjmmjbn
Quote: Dahvoo

Does this mean anyone can use the same chest infinitely by deleting and re-creating a save slot over and over again?
That doesn't seem right. If you had a gold chest or maybe the strange new one in CTT, you could do a lot of grinding quickly.

I don't think so, because every time you delete your save file, you'd likely also lose your parts you just got from that chest... So no grinding, just a free 9 parts per chest per save, period. Though I thought it was 9 parts per chest per profile? [Each Profile having 4 saves each?]
#87 Posted: 14:50:19 17/03/2017

That wouldn't work, as you'd be deleting your save file each time thus immediately deleting whatever you just unlocked from the chest(s).

You can't do infinite unlocking on the same save file.
---
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#88 Posted: 15:42:59 17/03/2017
Technically, you could slowly unlock everything using only chests by setting up multiple profiles, making Imaginators with the unlocked parts, and importing the Imaginator pieces between profiles before adding chests to new profiles. It would be extremely tedious, though.
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
#89 Posted: 15:55:09 17/03/2017
Technically, you could slowly unlock everything using only chests by setting up multiple profiles, making Imaginators with the unlocked parts, and importing the Imaginator pieces between profiles before adding chests to new profiles. It would be extremely tedious, though.

You can't import parts to unlock them.

If you bring over parts from an Imaginators crystal (for example a friend has the Wasteland Warrior Set but you don't) you could see them on your save file for that specific crystal but it would not unlock them for use by any other Imaginator in your save file.
---
#90 Posted: 16:18:13 17/03/2017
So, are Imaginator parts stored on a crystal? If you make a character using unlocked parts and then play on a new profile and save file with nothing unlocked, will you still have access to your unlocked parts if you change them and then try to change them back to what you started with?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:18:34 17/03/2017 by 4inCreation
#91 Posted: 16:28:06 17/03/2017
The parts are stored on the save file that unlocked them.

The Imaginator crystal from one save file can take parts with them to other save files, but if you were to change a part while in the other save that hasn't unlocked it, they would no longer have access to that part.
---
#92 Posted: 16:46:54 17/03/2017
Are the parts stored on 3D figures? If you make a 3D printed figure with parts that you can only unlock with a Sensei and you change it to experiment a little... Make sure you have that part unlocked before you change it, right?
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:54:17 17/03/2017 by 4inCreation
#93 Posted: 17:00:20 17/03/2017
That is a good question. I didn't spring for a 3D figure, so not sure how they work.

I'd imagine its the same as a crystal in that if you remove a part you haven't unlocked yet, you'd have to unlock it to put it back on.
---
#94 Posted: 19:46:00 17/03/2017
Yes, the parts used to make a 3D figure are stored to the figure itself. I used Wildstorm's gauntlets on mine, and they still show up in his accessible parts list even if I choose a different arm option.

None of my OTHER Imaginators can use those guantlets, though... just one I had printed. (At least until I can actually get Wildstorm locally, anyway.)
Xjmmjbn Blue Sparx Gems: 950
#95 Posted: 20:39:34 17/03/2017
I thought that your collection of parts was saved to your profile, because of the need for the nightmare mode exclusive parts to be accessible on other difficulties. It was mentioned here that the chests could be used once per save file, of which there are four for each profile. It could be that the Switch version is different than the other systems.
Maybe chests can actually only be used once per profile?
---
Call me X, if you will. I've given you all you need to know to find out my true name, but then why am I using a pseudonym?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:40:49 17/03/2017 by Xjmmjbn
#96 Posted: 20:49:29 17/03/2017
Quote: McMurderpaws
Yes, the parts used to make a 3D figure are stored to the figure itself. I used Wildstorm's gauntlets on mine, and they still show up in his accessible parts list even if I choose a different arm option.

None of my OTHER Imaginators can use those guantlets, though... just one I had printed. (At least until I can actually get Wildstorm locally, anyway.)

That's good to know. It would be kind of horrible if you bought a 3D figure and then accidentally lost the in-game parts.

Are you able to reset a 3D figure? Does it go back to the original settings it started with? Say you want to try out parts that you only have on the 3D figure, but you forget the colors and sizes... Can you just reset it back to the way you had it?
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 21:04:32 17/03/2017 by 4inCreation
#97 Posted: 21:23:20 17/03/2017
I thought that your collection of parts was saved to your profile, because of the need for the nightmare mode exclusive parts to be accessible on other difficulties. It was mentioned here that the chests could be used once per save file, of which there are four for each profile. It could be that the Switch version is different than the other systems.
Maybe chests can actually only be used once per profile?

I've been referring to save file/profile as the same thing. All four save files within the same profile share the Imaginite parts on Switch too. Pretty sure bonus goals are shared as well.
---
bisylizzie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3913
#98 Posted: 22:11:52 17/03/2017
Quote: 4inCreation
Are you able to reset a 3D figure? Does it go back to the original settings it started with? Say you want to try out parts that you only have on the 3D figure, but you forget the colors and sizes... Can you just reset it back to the way you had it?

The figures (and similarly, the cards) use the same base chips as the Crystals (with the Imaginator pre-loaded onto it, it's not a special made chip just for that Imaginator). So, without using the 3DS/Wii SSA/Giants workarounds, they work exactly the same way in Imaginators as the Crystals do re. "resetting" the character. Using the workaround, it returns the chip to a blank chip (though, mileage may vary with whether the chip works as it ~should~ after the reset - see the top post of the third page of the Bug/Glitch Tracking Thread)
So, no, if you futz around with the parts a lot and can't remember the original settings you chose, you can't easily get it back to how it started.
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me