darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Skylanders: Imaginators confirmed for Nintendo Switch as a launch title!
First | Previous | Page 4 of 5 | Last
1 2 3 4 5
Skylanders: Imaginators confirmed for Nintendo Switch as a launch title!
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#151 Posted: 02:41:59 18/01/2017
Quote: Chompy-King257
Quote: ZapNorris

Yeah, thanks. I hope they don't do that, but we'll have to see.

switch starter pack is confirmed to have the same stuff as the regular, sans portal

Yeah, but you remember with SuperChargers how some starter packs had Gold Hot Streak instead of regular? I was thinking of that.

But that Golden Hot Streak was treated like a Chase Variant. I don't think they would do the same with Grave Cobbler.
---
Bruh
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#152 Posted: 02:47:45 18/01/2017
Quote: Crash10
Quote: ZapNorris

switch starter pack is confirmed to have the same stuff as the regular, sans portal

Yeah, but you remember with SuperChargers how some starter packs had Gold Hot Streak instead of regular? I was thinking of that.

But that Golden Hot Streak was treated like a Chase Variant. I don't think they would do the same with Grave Cobbler.

I'm hoping they don't, and it seems pretty unlikely at this point, but it could still happen.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
4inCreation Gold Sparx Gems: 2989
#153 Posted: 18:10:19 19/01/2017
You have to have the vehicle and the character on the portal at the same time right? Maybe that was the kink.
#154 Posted: 18:17:07 19/01/2017
Maybe that's it... "effectively useless" would mean there is no reason to buy a vehicle if you can scan it once.
#155 Posted: 18:25:22 19/01/2017
You save your data to characters though, that means there is a reason to have it. If you don't use the vehicle toy for anything after scanning it, then the portable console replaces the toy. That sounds like marketing to me.

Unless of course there is a reason to have the vehicle. I haven't used mine on SI yet, but it doesn't seem like you can change your vehicle at all. Is this correct? I'm not talking about SuperChargers, just SI.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:32:12 19/01/2017 by 4inCreation
omer1698 Gold Sparx Gems: 2258
#156 Posted: 18:32:45 19/01/2017
i thought they compltly dropped the racing mode in the switch patch.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
#157 Posted: 18:32:50 19/01/2017
Yes, but SI with racing is not portable. If it was, they wouldn't sell off the stock of vehicles as well.

The characters have to be able to upgrade and then sync with the toy right? I mean seriously... that would be stupid if they don't.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:35:12 19/01/2017 by 4inCreation
#158 Posted: 18:37:31 19/01/2017
People are much more likely to buy something and take it home, than find another person with the item they want and have them come over to their house so they can scan it in.

So, people are more likely to scan it in at the store than buy it. I know this isn't what most people would do, but it would happen more if you allow it.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:39:26 19/01/2017 by 4inCreation
#159 Posted: 18:44:04 19/01/2017
But the progress would transfer to another platform, which is a reason to have the figure. There is no reason to have vehicles with SI. Basically, why open the window and let the money fly out freely?
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:51:18 19/01/2017 by 4inCreation
#160 Posted: 18:45:18 19/01/2017
now that i thikn about it, wouldn't the switch patch will damage the sells even more?.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
#161 Posted: 18:48:26 19/01/2017
Yeah, it could potentially end TTL to make it so... toyless. Slow death.
#162 Posted: 18:54:15 19/01/2017
graet, what we thought that have potential to help the franchise might be the thing that will kill it. the only thing people need will be the switch and nintendo will be the one to get money for it, as for skylanders they will only need the reminig five which probobly wil not be enough.

(sarcasm)
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:55:31 19/01/2017 by omer1698
#163 Posted: 19:00:06 19/01/2017
Nintendo isn't the only platform though. I mostly just joke about them killing Skylanders. If the competition follows in their footsteps though, then I blame Nintendo.
#164 Posted: 19:02:54 19/01/2017
well i guess that to see results we just gonna havet to wait.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
#165 Posted: 19:15:43 19/01/2017
Like I said earlier in this topic:
Quote: 4inCreation
Thanks in advance Nintendo, I won't have to worry about buying more figures because there won't be any. HaHaHa

It's pretty obvious that when you remove the toy from the equation, there is no toy. I know this may seem like a riddle, but it's not. The thing that keeps it alive is using a portal. Don't let the portal die!
#166 Posted: 19:22:33 19/01/2017
Like I said earlier in this topic:
Thanks in advance Nintendo, I won't have to worry about buying more figures because there won't be any. HaHaHa

It's pretty obvious that when you remove the toy from the equation, there is no toy. I know this may seem like a riddle, but it's not. The thing that keeps it alive is using a portal. Don't let the portal die!

those actions got to have some sanse in them, activision has became unpredictable, the quastion is whet they are plaining next? killing? hitues? its driving me insane.

[User Posted Image]
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
#167 Posted: 19:38:01 19/01/2017
Just to circle back to my original question:

Do you have to put a character and a vehicle on the portal at the same time to use the vehicle? So, can you remove the character from the portal and load your vehicle into the collection? Just wondering if having a driver on the portal first is a requirement to access any new vehicle. I could check this myself, but it would mean opening up some boxes that I don't care to open.

My thinking is maybe by ensuring you have a character to go with the vehicle, it supports the toys to life idea. It would probably be easy to load vehicles separately, but the absence of a physical toy character to drive the vehicle is kind of weird. I could be wrong, but maybe the Switch just couldn't read both toys at the same time and they chose to drop racing instead of separate the driver from the vehicle.
Edited 7 times - Last edited at 21:15:49 19/01/2017 by 4inCreation
spot Yellow Sparx Gems: 1528
#168 Posted: 22:32:22 19/01/2017
Or perhaps someone finally realised that vehicles driven by Skylanders is a stupid idea so they didn't bother porting that particular feature.
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#169 Posted: 22:38:01 19/01/2017
Maybe that's it... "effectively useless" would mean there is no reason to buy a vehicle if you can scan it once.

This doesn't make a lot of sense. Activision has no problem selling figures that aren't needed after their first scan: Adventure packs and treasure chests are designed with this in mind. Kids will still buy the figures either way.

And think about it. Having at least some vehicle functionality, even if it's a one time scan, will encourage at least some people to buy vehicles, which helps Activision get rid of old stock. Whereas having zero functionality will encourage zero sales of vehicles.

So, yeah, there's no reason for them to have removed racing unless there was some technical issue.
---
Boop me if you see this.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#170 Posted: 23:26:01 19/01/2017
Quote: spot
Or perhaps someone finally realised that vehicles driven by Skylanders is a stupid idea so they didn't bother porting that particular feature.

Yeah but it's there, and it was just ported from SC with no changes other than Instant Sea Shadow and Sky Slicer.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#171 Posted: 05:51:41 20/01/2017
Quote: Muffin Man

This doesn't make a lot of sense. Activision has no problem selling figures that aren't needed after their first scan: Adventure packs and treasure chests are designed with this in mind. Kids will still buy the figures either way.

And think about it. Having at least some vehicle functionality, even if it's a one time scan, will encourage at least some people to buy vehicles, which helps Activision get rid of old stock. Whereas having zero functionality will encourage zero sales of vehicles.

So, yeah, there's no reason for them to have removed racing unless there was some technical issue.

I gave it some thought, and you have a pretty good point. I agree that not including racing on the Switch closes the door on potential vehicle purchases. However, I think the focus is more on selling Imaginators merchandise, and SuperChargers already has all the other platforms going for it. It just seems like they would be offering vehicles for free if you bring your Switch to the store. Kind of like "Hey, you can pay for this plastic toy or you can have the digital copy for free." I know you can pretty much do that with any Skylander, but with no data being saved to vehicles like leveling up and such, it's like they're just giving it to you for walking in the door. By limiting vehicles to non-portable consoles, more people are encouraged to buy and take it home if they want to play it. Maybe that means less profit, but somehow giving full functionality away for free just for walking into a store seems like a bigger risk, especially on a $15 item. As far as Adventure Packs, they come with unique characters and crystals. Sure, the level can be unlocked, but how else are you going to get the other items? I think mystery chests are hardly worth mentioning because you get that stuff for free without going to the store. All you have to do is play.

Another thought I just had is that racing is part of SuperChargers, which is included with Imaginators for any of the consoles that work with SuperChargers. The play mode is different and why would you want vehicles if you only own a Switch anyway? You can't play anything but Imaginators. All the other characters play in standard mode, so they all work. It really doesn't get any easier than that.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:14:21 20/01/2017 by 4inCreation
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#172 Posted: 01:21:48 24/01/2017
I dunno if there's another topic for it or not, but Dystify on twitter has some tablet gameplay of the Switch version.

You can see the character selection menu, as well as the "switch" from tablet to TV.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:22:09 24/01/2017 by spyroflame0487
Dalton977622 Blue Sparx Gems: 804
#173 Posted: 22:46:58 02/02/2017
If Vehicles and Traps are excluded to be in switch then I would probably say that the switch version might not be the strongest console for Imaginators.
Even with the cruddy story, no purpose of the magical items and characters being nerfed down to pebbles, I don't think the update might be worth it for me. If Switch do allow a portal for many stuff then maybe it can add all the figures in including the excluded ones (Unless they are completely removed from the games). Therefore I'm keeping the Wii U Version instead of trading it in.
Titancrasher01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4325
#174 Posted: 20:54:12 19/02/2017
Does anyone have any information if whether or not the game will have a digital version available on launch day?
---
PANCAKES!
Eizons Green Sparx Gems: 470
#175 Posted: 21:42:37 19/02/2017
Can anyone tell me if the Dark Edition will be available at launch? Skylanders.com says it there will be a dark edition, but hasn't confirmed a date yet as far as I can tell.
Halvmorke Emerald Sparx Gems: 4411
#176 Posted: 22:15:43 19/02/2017
Quote: spot

So, fighting robots that shoot rockets at you, driving helicopters and jets in order to enter in the Lost City of Arkus and other locations, one of the main hubs being a ship, having an entire element (and thus, a realm) based on technology, and being sci-fi & steam-punk one of the main genres of the franchise apart from fantasy since the begining is OK. But driving magical element-based vehicles is not... because, well, you said it. Right? Crash, Mario and Sonic are fine in kart-racing games, but Spyro & co. don't because you say so, and that's all, and everybody shut the **** up, right?

Gosh, I can't hold against people like you, and every forum in the world is absolutely infested by this kind of people. That's your opinion, but it doesn't have to be the absolute truth, neither pretend to imply that people that love the idea are dumb as **** because you just say it, because the concept is suppose to objectively suck just because you don't like it.... tell me more.

Probably racing is not included in the game due to differentes in portability and above all memory. The console is having only 26 GB of memory, so games have to take up less space when instaling basic features. Shutting out racing, that is a secondary feature in the game, is the first and more effective way to do so. I think that's the main reason for that.
---
Elite: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Senseis: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#177 Posted: 01:57:32 20/02/2017
Quote: Eizons
Can anyone tell me if the Dark Edition will be available at launch? Skylanders.com says it there will be a dark edition, but hasn't confirmed a date yet as far as I can tell.

Nintendo Switch is listed under all the different editions. Standard, Dark, even Crash (which is PlayStation exclusive) and the Portal Owners Pack (the Switch version already comes without a portal). The website managers may have just lazily added it to all the editions, instead of checking which editions are actually going to be released.
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
McMurderpaws Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#178 Posted: 02:38:20 20/02/2017
Quote: Titancrasher01
Does anyone have any information if whether or not the game will have a digital version available on launch day?

When I last checked (about 2 weeks ago), GameStop only had a SKU for a physical copy. We probably won't know until launch day happens and people post the contents of the online store... but I'd say the safe bet is on "no digital version" :/
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#179 Posted: 02:54:40 20/02/2017
Good riddance to racing IMO. That terrible gimmick combined with the lack of a Spyro figure was a bad omen for the franchise.
---
Any last wishes?
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#180 Posted: 03:24:18 20/02/2017
Quote: Titancrasher01

Boy do I hope so, I'd prefer not to have an extra KP, GQ, and Fire CC...

I don't see it happening sadly, but maybe some people will be selling just the game itself on ebay a few days to a week after launch. That's what I'm counting on anyway...
#181 Posted: 05:35:51 20/02/2017
... I get not wanting extra duplicate Senseitoys to clutter your collection, but if the game were $60 with a fire crystal or $60 without one, why wouldn't you take the extra crystal? *headscratch*

Quote: Wishblade
Good riddance to racing IMO. That terrible gimmick combined with the lack of a Spyro figure was a bad omen for the franchise.

It was the most requested "gimmick" since the first game was released. It's just a shame the game was rushed and it was implemented terribly. Racing and vehicles in and of themselves aren't terrible conceptually.

As for "no Spyro figure," I don't think that's a reason for poor sales. Trap Team didn't have a real Spyro figure either--they had the mini "Spry" and the Eon's Elite figures, but both were targetted at collectors more than standard players. It may have had a negative impact on the voices of this forum, but I think most people wouldn't specifically realize there was no Spyro in SuperChargers until it was specifically pointed out to them.

I could personally care less about Spyro's appearance in a game (again, not an opinion I expect to be popular on this site). If the game is fun and the gimmick is interesting and well-handled, that's all that matters to me. SuperChargers didn't work out, but I'm loving Imaginators... which doesn't have a Spyro either.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:43:41 20/02/2017 by McMurderpaws
Eizons Green Sparx Gems: 470
#182 Posted: 06:12:10 20/02/2017
Quote: Nightmoon

Nintendo Switch is listed under all the different editions. Standard, Dark, even Crash (which is PlayStation exclusive) and the Portal Owners Pack (the Switch version already comes without a portal). The website managers may have just lazily added it to all the editions, instead of checking which editions are actually going to be released.

I see. I might have to go a check with the game store if they get the Dark Edition with the Switch. My girlfriend really wants the Dark Edition, since she is a collector type, but we don't have any reason to get that edition since we don't own any of the systems it is released on, but if Dark Edition comes out for Switch at launch, we are going to pre-order a Switch and the game.
darkrai848 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#183 Posted: 09:43:20 20/02/2017
Quote: Nightmoon

I see. I might have to go a check with the game store if they get the Dark Edition with the Switch. My girlfriend really wants the Dark Edition, since she is a collector type, but we don't have any reason to get that edition since we don't own any of the systems it is released on, but if Dark Edition comes out for Switch at launch, we are going to pre-order a Switch and the game.

As far as I know there is no Switch Dark Edition. The Dark Editions where exclusive to gamestop this time and gamestop does not have any Dark Edition in there system. Gamestop only has one SKU in there system for Switch (The one for the Normal physical edition). As for the skylanders site It has been all kinds of wrong on the starters this year (at one point it said there was a Sony Exclusive Wii U crash edition...)
---
If you like toys to life, you might be interested in Lightseekers!
Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playfusion/lightseekers/description
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:44:12 20/02/2017 by darkrai848
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#184 Posted: 10:05:47 20/02/2017
My main problem with the lack of racing in the Switch version is that it means traps and vehicles will most likely never have any functionality at all ever again in future Skylanders games, since they will want to accomodate the Switch and its built in scanners (which I assume can't scan vehicles and traps very well) from now on. Granted, this only matters if Skylanders evetually does get more games, and it was always unlikely that traps and vehicles would get much use in the future regardless, but assuming we do get more games I'd have liked for every figure to at least do something, even if it's just a generic lightcore styled nuke or whatever.
---
Boop me if you see this.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#185 Posted: 14:31:01 20/02/2017
Quote: Wishblade

I agree, at least for Imaginators. It was really thrown in with almost no thought. The track based racing was never really good, and having the vehicles really adds nothing because you cannot level them up or anything in Imaginators. I didn't mind the racing in the levels in Imaginators (or even the arena driving many dislike), mainly because racing against the CPU and others is highly cheap with rubber banding that was poorly implemented but when you drive straight on it is pretty fun. I won my 10 races in Imaginators to get the award, then do not have the desire to ever do it again.

I still think they majorly missed an opportunity by not extending the old PVP arenas to online. Sure min-maxers would make things not fun by always playing the same overpowered character and build in random matches, but being able to play friends would be great.
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#186 Posted: 19:14:13 20/02/2017
This might be a better question for the Switch Reddit, but why couldn't someone just plug a portal into the usb port on the dock and call it a regular Skylanders game?

Sure, you're not dragging your dock everywhere but if you're a simple person you might not even want to go out all that much. Plus, without the portal and the interactivity in the real world, Imaginators, and Skylanders in general, just won't feel the same to me.

I also ask this in case of a Lego Dimensions port, see as how that game genuinely needs the base pad to be fun.
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#187 Posted: 21:14:07 20/02/2017
If I was developing Skylanders/Dimensions for the Switch, I'd make use of the touch screen in handheld mode, with a tappable on-screen button going to a virtual portal menu. Meanwhile, a USB portal would be required in docked mode.

In the virtual portal menu, the portal would appear as a 3D object on one side of the screen, while the other side would have a scrolling list of virtual copies of all your scanned figures, which you could drag to the portal. And in the case of Dimensions, you would be able to move the figures to different sections of the portal.
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#188 Posted: 21:25:54 20/02/2017
The sad thing is

I can't get a Switch until my birthday
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#189 Posted: 23:20:43 20/02/2017
Quote: King-Pen Krazy
The sad thing is

I can't get a Switch until my birthday

Well... When's your birthday then?
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#190 Posted: 02:15:49 21/02/2017
September 28th

smilie
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#191 Posted: 03:25:17 21/02/2017
Quote: King-Pen Krazy
September 28th

smilie

Oh... Um...

Well, at least there'll be a lot of games out for it when you get it.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#192 Posted: 20:19:54 21/02/2017
I'm not sure if I even want a Switch at all. I might go for it because Super Mario Odyssey does look good, but I don't know yet.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
#193 Posted: 06:12:01 03/03/2017
I just picked up my Switch, and I can confirm that there IS NOT a digital version of Imaginators in the Nintendo eShop. You have to buy a physical copy if you want the Switch version.
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#194 Posted: 03:51:24 11/03/2017
TFW you run through a giant EXP ball with the HD Rumble turned on

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:53:34 11/03/2017 by TrapShadowFan
First | Previous | Page 4 of 5 | Last
1 2 3 4 5

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me