darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Skylanders: Imaginators confirmed for Nintendo Switch as a launch title!
First | Page 2 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5
Skylanders: Imaginators confirmed for Nintendo Switch as a launch title!
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#51 Posted: 13:57:03 13/01/2017
I'm getting it, its a good way for me to get normal King Pen and Golden Queen, along with a prettier version of the game.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Darkling183 Green Sparx Gems: 340
#52 Posted: 14:11:29 13/01/2017
Quote: AdamGregory03
I might just wait and see if we get a Portal Owner's pack, because I'm not too keen on spending another 75$ on another starter pack for this game. Even if it does come with Grave Clobber in place of King Pen like I theorized.

The box art shows that it comes with King Pen and Golden Queen.
LordElohim Yellow Sparx Gems: 1811
#53 Posted: 14:18:15 13/01/2017
The box art also shows that it doesn't come with a portal, and the press release says the MSRP is $59.99. The game doesn't use a portal, the JoyCon for the Switch has NFC built in, which reads the figures, which are then stored in the game's character bank. You don't scan a gigure every time you want to use it, you scn it, and it then becomes an instant figure.
---
Hail Sithis
Darkling183 Green Sparx Gems: 340
#54 Posted: 14:28:39 13/01/2017
Quote: LordElohim
The box art also shows that it doesn't come with a portal, and the press release says the MSRP is $59.99. The game doesn't use a portal, the JoyCon for the Switch has NFC built in, which reads the figures, which are then stored in the game's character bank. You don't scan a gigure every time you want to use it, you scn it, and it then becomes an instant figure.

I'd imagine that the Switch version will also be able to write to figures and crystals to update their data - for example, if you want to take one of your Imaginators or senseis to a friend's place to play on a different console.
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#55 Posted: 14:33:17 13/01/2017
Quote: Darkling183
I might just wait and see if we get a Portal Owner's pack, because I'm not too keen on spending another 75$ on another starter pack for this game. Even if it does come with Grave Clobber in place of King Pen like I theorized.

Oh... Well in that case yeah I'll hope for a Portal Owner's pack.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#56 Posted: 15:03:09 13/01/2017
If there is no spot in the MAP, could this be exclusive to the Nintendo Switch?
---
Any last wishes?
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#57 Posted: 15:04:06 13/01/2017
Quote: Wishblade
If there is no spot in the MAP, could this be exclusive to the Nintendo Switch?

They can always create a new spot in the M.A.P. like they did in Superchargers.
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#58 Posted: 15:17:07 13/01/2017
Being an island also means they can enlarge the Water Realm entrance to add it.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#59 Posted: 15:21:22 13/01/2017
I'll be getting this!
Nroc-Nuika Platinum Sparx Gems: 5336
#60 Posted: 16:00:06 13/01/2017

Looks like it's the same lineup of figures from every other starter pack

[User Posted Image]
---
I always forget to check my guestbook
LordElohim Yellow Sparx Gems: 1811
#61 Posted: 16:11:52 13/01/2017

There is no portal owner's pack, as there is no portal. The game for Switch does not include a portal, just as portal owner's packs do not. In essence, the Switch release *is* a portal owner's pack.
---
Hail Sithis
#62 Posted: 16:31:59 13/01/2017

There is no portal owner's pack, as there is no portal. The game for Switch does not include a portal, just as portal owner's packs do not. In essence, the Switch release *is* a portal owner's pack.

...I'm sorry, what? No portal?
---
Check this out! Please?
omer1698 Gold Sparx Gems: 2258
#63 Posted: 16:34:19 13/01/2017

nope, you only need is your figures.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#64 Posted: 16:41:16 13/01/2017

Yeah. No Portal. You can see in the Starter Pack box. You scan the figures in the Joy-Con Grip, like Amiibo figures.
---
Bruh
#65 Posted: 16:42:09 13/01/2017
Oh... Well that's... Interesting.
---
Check this out! Please?
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#66 Posted: 16:44:04 13/01/2017
I hope there's a digital version then. With no portal and if we already have figures from other versions, I can't see a reason to have a physical starter.
McMurderpaws Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#67 Posted: 17:08:31 13/01/2017

I was just at GameStop. Imaginators is confirmed as a launch title, and will cost $59.99(USD).

Also, I am SUPER surprised that Imaginators is being ported to Switch. I really honestly did not think it would happen. I admit that I was wrong and am ready to eat crow now... would someone please pass the ketchup?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:57:09 13/01/2017 by McMurderpaws
darkrai848 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#68 Posted: 20:22:59 13/01/2017
Just pre-ordered my switch version ($59.99) here are some things you should know about it tho:
1. You can scan in and use your figures digitally.
2. Bowser and DK do work in it!
3. There is no portal, it uses the switches built in NFC reader (the one for amiibo).
4. The racing mode has been removed (vehicles do not work).
5. Traps do not work at all (you can't even scan them).
---
If you like toys to life, you might be interested in Lightseekers!
Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playfusion/lightseekers/description
omer1698 Gold Sparx Gems: 2258
#69 Posted: 20:25:52 13/01/2017
Quote: darkrai848
Just pre-ordered my switch version ($59.99) here are some things you should know about it tho:
3. There is no portal, it uses the switches built in NFC reader (the one for amiibo).

well how many people are using racing mode now any way? and traps were useless before the patch.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
#70 Posted: 20:31:53 13/01/2017

How do you know this stuff, just out of curiosity? Also, is this version compatible with a Portal when you play in a TV?
---
Bruh
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#71 Posted: 20:41:09 13/01/2017
Quote: Crash10

How do you know this stuff, just out of curiosity? Also, is this version compatible with a Portal when you play in a TV?

PRESS RELEASES BABY!

Also, not that I know of. I assume you just access the Skylanders like you would in the portable version.
#72 Posted: 20:42:20 13/01/2017
Quote: Crash10

I do not think a old portal will work as the Nintendo switch is thought to only have USB-C ports and no standard USB ports so there would be no way to plug it in (tho some people think if you buy a USB to USB-C conversion cable it might work, but I find that unlikely).

As for the other info I found it out on Skylanders Inquirer twitter page (he knows someone that got to play the switch version, and even has a short video of the scanning)

Here are links the each tweet

No porta and scanning video: https://twitter.com/Skylanders...949232824188928

No traps or vehicles: https://twitter.com/Skylanders...968657212239875

And his response to if Bowser and DK work: https://twitter.com/Skylanders...973087747829761
---
Kickstarter:
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:46:13 13/01/2017 by darkrai848
#73 Posted: 20:44:57 13/01/2017

Ah hell, as someone who has previously only played on the Xbox consoles, this means I'm probably going to have to track down Donkey Kong and Bowser Skymiibos...
#74 Posted: 20:49:42 13/01/2017
Quote: McMurderpaws

Ah hell, as someone who has previously only played on the Xbox consoles, this means I'm probably going to have to track down Donkey Kong and Bowser Skymiibos...

Just remember that there vehicles will not work on the switch version so if you find them sold singly it might be cheaper.
---
Kickstarter:
#75 Posted: 21:06:26 13/01/2017
Can someone ask this guy about specs? Does this look like imaginators wii u or PS4?
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#76 Posted: 21:12:20 13/01/2017
If there's no portal, how do you save data BACK onto the figure? At this point I'll definitely be keeping the Wii U version and using the Switch as a portable version, because I actually love the racing part and I have no idea why it was removed for the Switch. I hope they let you save your data somehow, because I'll be using figures between the Wii U and Switch versions a lot. Also, how would you be able to save an Imaginator to a crystal if all you can do is scan it in on the NFC reader?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:19:01 13/01/2017 by TrapShadowFan
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#77 Posted: 21:18:03 13/01/2017
Not sure if this has been posted, but 3 minutes of imaginators gameplay in switch:

http://www.ign.com/videos/2017...switch-gameplay
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
#78 Posted: 21:27:53 13/01/2017
Quote: TrapShadowFan
If there's no portal, how do you save data BACK onto the figure? At this point I'll definitely be keeping the Wii U version and using the Switch as a portable version, because I actually love the racing part and I have no idea why it was removed for the Switch. I hope they let you save your data somehow, because I'll be using figures between the Wii U and Switch versions a lot. Also, how would you be able to save an Imaginator to a crystal if all you can do is scan it in on the NFC reader?

Presumably, the same way it worked in Spyro's Adventure and Giants: you play with your character while the portal is disconnected, and then when you're done, you scan the character again to update the figure with the new in-game stats.
#79 Posted: 21:33:09 13/01/2017
Quote: McMurderpaws

Presumably, the same way it worked in Spyro's Adventure and Giants on 3DS: you play with your character while the portal is disconnected, and then when you're done, you scan the character again to update the figure with the new in-game stats.

Gotta be a bit more specific to avoid confusion
---
#80 Posted: 21:46:35 13/01/2017
Yeah, meant to put that in, but was apparently thinking faster than I can type. Sorry about that.
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#81 Posted: 22:30:09 13/01/2017
Quote: mega spyro
Life crystal?
Life crystal???
LIFE CRYSTAL??????????

Why not a dark crystal? Why not a tech crystal? Why not literally any element of crystal that doesn't have all it's molds available yet?

At least that means that I can make Chewbacca without having to buy an extra crystal.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#82 Posted: 22:33:29 13/01/2017
No racing mode on switch? oO
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
Sboy13 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#83 Posted: 23:16:17 13/01/2017
I didn't expect this either, to be honest. Interesting that there's no portal, but this is nice for people making the switch (pun partially intended), and bonus points for letting you scan in Skylanders 3DS-style. That was one of my favorite features and glad to see it made it here.

No racing mode is a bummer though. If they let you scan in figures, I don't see why you can't scan in vehicles (SC Racing on the 3DS did it).
---
Purple dragon.
#84 Posted: 23:52:08 13/01/2017
https://www.amazon.com/Skyland...ers+imaginators

Pre-Order on amazon.

also, life crystal in the CTT pack is lame. Wonder if it'll be a duplicate mold or a new one. It'd actually be pretty wise of them to put the life crystal mold from the dark edition in this.
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#85 Posted: 00:03:48 14/01/2017
How to play Skylanders if you're desperate to save money:

1. Take Switch to store, playing Skylanders

2. Scan all the Senseis on the shelf into the game

3. ???

4. Profit

You won't be able to save back to the figure or use it on any other versions, but... it's so gloriously evil...

Honestly I probably wouldn't try this though because I prefer to have figures of my characters so their data is safe.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:04:17 14/01/2017 by TrapShadowFan
#86 Posted: 00:05:44 14/01/2017
How to play Skylanders if you're desperate to save money:

1. Take Switch to store, playing Skylanders

2. Scan all the Senseis on the shelf into the game

3. ???

4. Profit

You won't be able to save back to the figure or use it on any other versions, but... it's so gloriously evil...

Honestly I probably wouldn't try this though because I prefer to have figures of my characters so their data is safe.

[User Posted Image]

(my body is ready)
#87 Posted: 00:23:25 14/01/2017
Oh shoot that's worse than the whole returning Creation Crystals thing.

But anyway... Does that mean all the figures I already own can't be scanned onto the Switch version? Or am I mistaken?
---
Check this out! Please?
#88 Posted: 00:25:06 14/01/2017
No. You can totally scan them. I think the stats should port too?
---
Bruh
#89 Posted: 00:27:13 14/01/2017
This raises a question..

If you use a figure on the switch, could you use it on another console after that? How does the data sync to the figure if it's a digital roster?
#90 Posted: 00:28:56 14/01/2017
Quote: ZapNorris
This raises a question..

If you use a figure on the switch, could you use it on another console after that? How does the data sync to the figure if it's a digital roster?

Maybe you can scan in order to save progress?

This is confusing.
---
Bruh
4inCreation Gold Sparx Gems: 2989
#91 Posted: 00:34:00 14/01/2017
Is there a limit on how many characters can be stored at once? That could potentially end the TTL idea.
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#92 Posted: 00:34:56 14/01/2017
From what I gathered from this information, the Skylanders have essentially developed Amiibo like functionality on the Nintendo Switch. Kinda ironic since they were originally pitched to Nintendo to be exclusive to their console.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#93 Posted: 00:44:02 14/01/2017
Quote: 4inCreation
Is there a limit on how many characters can be stored at once? That could potentially end the TTL idea.

It's all 300+ characters
#94 Posted: 00:50:25 14/01/2017
If it works like SF/TT3DS, you got levels with your scanned figure, and had to put them again to transfer the levels.
---
4inCreation Gold Sparx Gems: 2989
#95 Posted: 00:51:38 14/01/2017
Thanks in advance Nintendo, I won't have to worry about buying more figures because there won't be any. HaHaHa
DarkPredator Gold Sparx Gems: 2276
#96 Posted: 02:03:28 14/01/2017
Hmph. I won't be getting it, but I'm glad to see that the franchise isn't dead just yet.
---
"Still as silent as ever, eh?" - Blue, Pokémon Sun and Moon
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#97 Posted: 10:49:32 14/01/2017
Lack of a racing mode will keep this from being the definitive version for me (it seems the Wii U version will remain the version with the most content), but I'm sure I'll still get it sometime down the line when I can get it by itself for a few dollars at Gamestop.

I wonder why they took the racing mode out, though? Issues with scanning in the vehicles and traps, maybe?
---
Boop me if you see this.
#98 Posted: 10:56:31 14/01/2017
Traps is the lack of a way to read them, vehicles probably because they don't fit on the JoyCon.
---
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#99 Posted: 12:15:57 14/01/2017
Quote: Muffin Man
Lack of a racing mode will keep this from being the definitive version for me (it seems the Wii U version will remain the version with the most content), but I'm sure I'll still get it sometime down the line when I can get it by itself for a few dollars at Gamestop.

I wonder why they took the racing mode out, though? Issues with scanning in the vehicles and traps, maybe?

Why is the Wii U version the version with the most content?
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
First | Page 2 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me