Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > Switchmas is coming!! Switch Release Date: March 3rd, 2017
Page 1 of 9 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Switchmas is coming!! Switch Release Date: March 3rd, 2017
sprocketrocket Emerald Sparx Gems: 3679
#1 Posted: 21:32:21 02/01/2017 | Topic Creator
I thought I would make a topic about this so we can all speculate! So what is everybody expecting/ hoping for?
---
"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 21:12:34 17/01/2017 by JCW555
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#2 Posted: 21:51:22 02/01/2017
A reasonable price, I got $600 and I aint goin over...

Oh, and Yooka-Laylee and Mario. Maybe mobile Skyrim, but das just-

speculation smilie
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#3 Posted: 21:52:20 02/01/2017
I'd edit the title to add the date, it'll help a lot so people don't miss the thread entirely.

Can't wait. The leakers all said it'd be juicy, and juicy Nintendo Directs are entertainment on their own.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#4 Posted: 21:55:25 02/01/2017
I just want to see that freaking Mario Rabbids RPG thing that keeps getting rumored. It sounds so... weird that I'm slightly intrigued by it.
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#5 Posted: 22:12:21 02/01/2017
Im waiting on a whole bunch of stuff to revealed. But more specifically...

Splatwoon
The new Mario game that will probably be in some sort of bundle pack
The switch version of NintendoLand. I know it hasnt even been rumored but I feel like the Switch is just like the Wii U in the sense that basically any bundle will come with that one game. Probably Switchland unless that title's already taken
Breath of the Wild
Id really want a third Mario Galaxy but at this point Im just making a list of things I want and not expect to be revealed.

This just reminded me, do we have an official Switch topic? Why dont we?
#6 Posted: 22:17:06 02/01/2017
We do iirc,but usually we make separate topics for Nintendo Directs and other events.
---
#7 Posted: 22:18:27 02/01/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: TheToyNerd
I just want to see that freaking Mario Rabbids RPG thing that keeps getting rumored. It sounds so... weird that I'm slightly intrigued by it.

I feel like it might be a misunderstanding and it's Rayman in general but I'm not sure if it could be that messed up
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:18:41 02/01/2017 by sprocketrocket
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#8 Posted: 23:20:32 02/01/2017
What I'm expecting:
-That Mario platformer shown off in the trailer.
-Elder Scrolls being officially confirmed.
-The rumored Mario/Rabbids crossover game.
-Splatoon 2 or port, still not sure which it is.
-Mario Kart 8 port.
-Maybe BotW, but they've already shown off that game plenty even before they announced the Switch, so maybe not.
-Something related to Pikmin.
-Yooka-Laylee.

What I'm hoping for:
-Smash Bros. port.
-Some strong third-party titles.
-The rumored Pokemon Stars (though they may save that for E3).
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#9 Posted: 00:16:47 03/01/2017
If the Stars rumor is real I hope they got a better name. As people have been saying, the games should've just been named after the Ultra stuff, because there's nothing on the aesthetic involving suns and moons in the entire game. Lunatone and Solrock aren't even on Alola, though I guess Minior and the copious amounts of Starmie count as stars
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:25:02 03/01/2017 by Bifrost
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#10 Posted: 00:20:00 03/01/2017
I'm not hoping for anything much specific. Just show me lots of good stuff. I can't really request for much since I'm not even buying it for now.

But I would say I want clarification about that 3D Mario, that Mario Kart, that Splatoon, and Project Sonic 2017.
---
Bruh
#11 Posted: 01:06:06 03/01/2017
Quote: Bifrost
If the Stars rumor is real I hope they got a better name. As people have been saying, the games should've just been named after the Ultra stuff, because there's nothing on the aesthetic involving suns and moons in the entire game. Lunatone and Solrock aren't even on Alola, though I guess Minior and the copious amounts of Starmie count as stars

Maybe it'll be like Black 2 or White 2 and they'll have some extra Pokemon in the PokeDex?
---
Check this out! Please?
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#12 Posted: 01:16:46 03/01/2017
I just wanna know launch titles, prices, and is the mother 3 VC rumors are real.
#13 Posted: 01:41:08 03/01/2017
Laura didn't hear anything on Metroid though, and she's currently the most trustworthy Switch leaker(though, as she said, her sources could be the ones that are wrong, so even that take with a grain of salt). However, she did specify 'didn't hear anything' and not 'not happening', so it could be a bigger surprise they're keeping under wraps.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:41:32 03/01/2017 by Bifrost
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#14 Posted: 02:31:49 03/01/2017
Quote: Sesshomaru75
I really don't think Stars is real, nor do I want it to be.

Me too. I'd rather get a proper Sun/Moon sequel that's built for the Switch from the ground up (which would probably need around the same development time as SuMo) than a rerelease that may have some graphical tweaks and/or extra content like the 3rd version games of yesteryear. <.<

I know Gen VII is quite good visually compared to Gen VI and all, but the Switch has been shown to be capable of far better, so a PokéSwitch using the same graphics engine as SuMo would honestly be very disappointing. And when you factor in that GameFreak has very little experience with console development versus handhelds, I'd rather wait a few years and be pleasantly surprised... just like we were with SuMo.
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#15 Posted: 03:04:19 03/01/2017
Is there anything suggesting they would just use the same graphics as Sun and Moon? I mean, given Breath of the Wild, I think they'd basically have to give Alola a huge graphical upgrade if they do this.
---
Check this out! Please?
#16 Posted: 04:21:33 03/01/2017
I feel bad for derailing the topic now. smilie

Well, regardless of what they want to do with Pokemon on the Switch or whether the Stars rumor is true or not, I actually don't think we'll hear anything about it until this year's E3. And yes, I do actually think they'll do more with E3 this year since they got a brand spanking new console to market.

Anyway, while on the subject of rumors, I heard Grant Kirkhope is supposedly doing the score for the Mario/Rabbids RPG.

So... That's cool, I guess.
---
Check this out! Please?
#17 Posted: 14:33:34 03/01/2017
*snip*

There is also one other issue with PokéSwitch. Joe Merrick actually pointed it out, so all credits to him, but a Pokémon on the Switch would very likely mean a return to playing Pokémon on a single screen after we've had the main series games on dual-screen systems for 10 years (aka half the franchise's life span). I'm sure Game Freak could think of something to change the battle interface, but it would probably look very cluttered.
---
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#18 Posted: 20:25:03 03/01/2017
Ones are saying that the Mario x Rabbids RPG (or Rabbids Kingdom Battle) will be composed by Grant Kirkhope. This new Super Mario RPG won't work as well with those annoying Rabbids like with Square-Enix but the composer for this one will likely by one of the highlights if not THE highlight. It might come at September.

The rumoured Beyond Good & Evil reboot is codenamed Odyssey (Beyond Good & Evil: Odyssey?) is a Switch-exclusive for one year before a digital-only release on other consoles and PC.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#19 Posted: 22:11:20 03/01/2017
Under 300.

PLEASE.
---
My life is complete.
#20 Posted: 22:19:59 03/01/2017 | Topic Creator
Is it bad I'm really excited for customizable hair in Splatoon? Because I am
---
#21 Posted: 22:33:43 03/01/2017
I'm excited for King Boo in Mario Kart so I'm not one to judge.
---
Check this out! Please?
#22 Posted: 01:25:01 04/01/2017
under 300 would be great. I won't be mad if it's not, though.
#23 Posted: 01:26:35 04/01/2017
Quote: ZapNorris

For the price you mean? Yeah, I actually hope it's under 300 too... So I can actually afford it and don't have to wait until Christmas.
---
Check this out! Please?
#24 Posted: 02:08:50 04/01/2017
Quote: AdamGregory03
Quote: ZapNorris

For the price you mean? Yeah, I actually hope it's under 300 too... So I can actually afford it and don't have to wait until Christmas.

yeah.
#25 Posted: 02:29:21 04/01/2017
I hope it's under 300 too, because I'm not goin over $600
#26 Posted: 03:02:53 04/01/2017
I'm pretty sure they addressed the concerns over the price tag. Granted they didn't give a price, but I'm expecting it to be under $300 honestly.

[User Posted Image]
_____
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#27 Posted: 07:22:22 04/01/2017
regardless im not gonna be able to afford it for pretty much ever (unless it's under 200 which is VERY unlikely) but, once again, heres my unreasonable list of things that the switch HAS to have or im really not interested:

-splatoon sequel
-smash 5
-console fire emblem (not a ****ing port)
-amiibo support for a diverse amount of games in a variety of interesting ways (and corrin, cloud, and bayonetta release dates pls)

things thatd be nice:
-bayonetta 3
-new metroid (none of that federation force stuff pls)
-new f-zero
-new kirby
-new animal crossing
-amiibo RPG maybe?? i just wanna use my favorites together onscreen in something other than smash
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#28 Posted: 07:41:24 04/01/2017
console harvest moon

p l e a s e
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
Wreckingball13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#29 Posted: 10:59:11 04/01/2017
Quote: parisruelz12
console harvest moon

p l e a s e

If its any consolation they're planning to bring Stardew Valley to Switch
#30 Posted: 12:24:58 04/01/2017
From Kamiya's tweets at the reveal, if Bayo 3 happens, it's gonna be on the Switch.
---
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#31 Posted: 19:09:27 04/01/2017
Quote: Wreckingball13
Quote: parisruelz12
console harvest moon

p l e a s e

If its any consolation they're planning to bring Stardew Valley to Switch

i mainly just want HM to move on from the stupid Chibi style. Story of Seasons needs a style change too, I hate the tall lanky looking models...I hope being on the Switch would change the style for them both.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#32 Posted: 00:36:17 05/01/2017
Liam Robertson leaked some details regarding the Rabbids X Mario game if you're interested!

Judging by this rumor, this might be a weird but fun game. I really want to play, not even kidding.
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#33 Posted: 03:47:13 05/01/2017
Looks pretty interesting. Looking forward to it.
---
Bruh
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6239
#34 Posted: 04:17:05 05/01/2017
Unless they announce Smash 5, Spla2n, a proper Star Fox, Metroid Prime 4, a Mother Trilogy collection, a console Fire Emblem, and F-Zero's return all to release within a year of launch, as well as a price tag of under $200, I'm not buying.

I'm serious. I have no interest in paying $250+ in a machine that will have no third party support in less than a year like the Wii U did.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:18:21 05/01/2017 by CAV
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#35 Posted: 07:35:58 05/01/2017
Quote: CAV
Unless they announce Smash 5, Spla2n, a proper Star Fox, Metroid Prime 4, a Mother Trilogy collection, a console Fire Emblem, and F-Zero's return all to release within a year of launch, as well as a price tag of under $200, I'm not buying.

I'm serious. I have no interest in paying $250+ in a machine that will have no third party support in less than a year like the Wii U did.

i really like that we have a lot of the same criteria, bless u buddy
#36 Posted: 13:38:19 05/01/2017
Seems like you're asking a bit much. I mean, I do think all of that probably will happen, but I don't think it'll all happen in one year.
---
Check this out! Please?
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6239
#37 Posted: 17:44:14 05/01/2017
I know full well I'm asking a bit much and it's to emphasize that it'll take a miracle for me to bother with this thing at launch.

Why should I pay an equal price to a PS4 for a much more limited selection of games? I'm burned by how everyone claimed the Wii U would have more third party support and it all dried up within the year because the device simply wasn't powerful enough. To what I get this still isn't that much more powerful than current gen hardware.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:45:33 05/01/2017 by CAV
#38 Posted: 18:00:17 05/01/2017
Well, there were more reasons as to why third parties dropped from the Wii U other than it just not being as powerful. Some just didn't want to develop around the Game Pad, some just saw the Wii U wasn't selling well anyway and didn't even bother.

I don't think the Switch will have the same issue, or at least it won't be as bad as it was with the Wii U. I know the whole portability aspect, but it doesn't seem to actually hinder the games or make them more gimmicky. Even if it's not as powerful, we already kind of know Elder Scrolls is coming for it. Plus there's also Sonic's Project 2017 game confirmed to come to the Switch (before we even knew it was called the Switch) as well as the Xb1 and PS4. So I think it'll at least be powerful enough to compete with them.

That's just my take on it though.
---
Check this out! Please?
#39 Posted: 23:17:47 05/01/2017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuC4YLLkqME

youtube link's up.
#40 Posted: 23:25:24 05/01/2017
For the Treehouse stuff, Zap. The actual news is the day before.

But a whole day of Treehouse for, what, 2 hours of direct? Move out, AGDQ, here's the real HOIP
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:26:02 05/01/2017 by Bifrost
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7089
#41 Posted: 00:46:42 06/01/2017
I made a bingo card for the event. Mostly expected/rumoured stuff, but a few cheeky wishes here and there.

[User Posted Image]

And here's a template in case anyone wants to do their own.
http://i.imgur.com/nUWlRXh.png
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#42 Posted: 01:57:16 06/01/2017
Quote: StriderSwag
regardless im not gonna be able to afford it for pretty much ever (unless it's under 200 which is VERY unlikely) but, once again, heres my unreasonable list of things that the switch HAS to have or im really not interested:

-splatoon sequel
-smash 5
-console fire emblem (not a ****ing port)
-amiibo support for a diverse amount of games in a variety of interesting ways (and corrin, cloud, and bayonetta release dates pls)

things thatd be nice:
-bayonetta 3
-new metroid (none of that federation force stuff pls)
-new f-zero
-new kirby
-new animal crossing
-amiibo RPG maybe?? i just wanna use my favorites together onscreen in something other than smash

Quote: CAV

Pretty much both of these.

What I want in particular for the console is:
-A better online infrastructure much like Xbox Live or Playstation Network. Nintendo Network and Miiverse were steps in the right direction but they still have a ways to go.
-Cloud based accounts and storage. I'm tired of having my account and games locked to one console only. We should be able to access account stuff on any Switch just like the other consoles.
-third party support that doesn't jump ship in a year or two.
-a price lower than $300 or even $250 for that matter.
-A new F-Zero game, A proper Metroid title, a proper Animal Crossing title, a new console Kirby game(though this is more of a personal thing), a new console Fire Emblem, a new Smash title entirely(not just a port), a Splatoon sequel, a new Mario Kart and not a port of 8, and maybe even Bayonetta 3 or a Pokken sequel a few years from now.
-No "Pokemon Stars" or anything of that nature unless it's a unique game made specifically for the Switch. No one is going to want to play the next main series Pokemon game on a portable console as opposed to a complete handheld.
-Most importantly of all- listen and respect the fanbase from now on. In EVERY aspect. We're getting tired of videos getting taken off of YouTube, fan projects getting destroyed, getting gimmicky features and "innovations" that no one really wanted or asked for, never listening to fan demands, and Nintendo not taking any criticism to heart and doing their own thing without any fan input or critical input.

Nintendo really dropped the ball with the Wii U, and in some cases the 3DS, so if the Switch is going to get even a consideration from me they need to come out guns blazing and nothing less than that.

That being said I'm not getting one anytime soon regardless of what I think of it since I'm planning on getting a PS4 for my next home console.
---
Cool cool.
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 02:03:54 06/01/2017 by pankakesparx456
#43 Posted: 03:24:00 06/01/2017
Oh yeah... good thing I'm going to be at work and miss the whole presentation! Working evenings is great!

In case you were wondering, that was sarcasm. >.>
---
Page 1 of 9 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me