Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > The Official All-Purpose Crash Bandicoot Topic
First | Previous | Page 19 of 23 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
The Official All-Purpose Crash Bandicoot Topic
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12740
#901 Posted: 08:54:10 28/08/2019
This might be a dumb question, but if I miss a grand prix, does that mean I miss out on unlocking the racers from that challenge? I missed out on the Back N. Time grand prix as I haven't played the game in a while, so does that mean I won't be able to unlock Baby T?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:55:26 28/08/2019 by alicecarp
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#902 Posted: 10:51:45 28/08/2019
Quote: alicecarp
This might be a dumb question, but if I miss a grand prix, does that mean I miss out on unlocking the racers from that challenge? I missed out on the Back N. Time grand prix as I haven't played the game in a while, so does that mean I won't be able to unlock Baby T?

You can fill the GP bar with Wumpa Coins after the end of a Grand Prix (they give you 3-4 days of rotations in the shop aaaaand to fill the bar to the gold tier)
Get the bar items before they goes out
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
Doggo144 Green Sparx Gems: 474
#903 Posted: 00:00:24 30/08/2019
Post all about it when it comes out! To refresh myself on the first Spyro (besides 100%ing it 3 times), I recently started replaying it, I'm up to Gnasty's World now! While I'm dissapointed about Ripto and The Sorceress being left out, Gnasty is way better of a villian than I remember. I love his voice! He looks to be a speed character so I'll play as him loads. Can't wait.

This got merged with this topic, it was a Spyro GP topic before lmao
---
"soy" Jesse "did litterally nothing wrong" cox 1916
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:35:16 30/08/2019 by Doggo144
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#904 Posted: 15:54:26 30/08/2019
im pleased to see that spyro's track filled with statues of buff dragons
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3859
#905 Posted: 15:00:27 31/08/2019
Not really sure if this is the right topic, but here are my thoughts on the Spyro Grand Prix so far:

Happy Thoughts!

- I like the music from the Spyro track! I think it's repurposed from some unused music in Spyro 3. You can find it if you hack the game and freeze the title screen.

- The fur they added to Hunter's model looks nice!

- I like how they changed the normal CTR title screen to a purple one with Spyro designs.

- The Sparx power up music is cool! It makes me think of the GBA games.

Complaining Thoughts!

- I don't like Spyro and Hunter's voice lines. They're kind of long and awkward in comparison to the other characters in the game. Plus they sort of feel like they're missing a certain bite to them, which makes the characters seem sort of incomplete to me. (This is a general problem I have with Reignited) Haven't played Gnasty, so I don't have anything to say on him yet.
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7089
#906 Posted: 16:23:59 31/08/2019
I found this GP a bit disappointing so far to be honest.

Pros
-The characters we got are cool.
-Spyro Circuit is pretty and I like the music. I also like how they made crates and Wumpa Fruit into chests and Gems.
-The kart designs are cool.
-I like the Elemental Wheels and Gem paint jobs.
-The new title screen was a nice surprise and I hope they give us the option to keep it after the GP ends.

Cons
-Layout wise, Spyro Circuit is just not great, easily the worst of the GP tracks so far. The only (intentional) shortcut in the track can only be consistently made on demand by Speed characters. The track is oddly linear despite open-ended exploration being a core theme of Spyro (so I was expecting something more like Yoshi Valley from Mario Kart 64, where there are a variety of routes to play around with). A lot of the turns are just awkward to make especially if you want to be a Speed character. And for some reason there is no offroad sections at all, instead, the grassy area you would think is offroad is considered out of bounds. Even the top of the walls surrounding it is, meaning you can be respawned by Sparx for just grazing the tip of the wall. Also it's disappointing that they used two Artisans levels and two Magic Crafters levels, they should have thrown in a Tree Tops section and maybe something from Dream Weavers too. Also I don't know what the deal is with random fireworks chests sitting in the middle of certain roads. Like they're not even intelligently placed or anything, their placement feels very random.

-No legendary skin for Spyro at the top of the Gold Tier of the Nitro Bar, instead it's Evil Crunch. In general, a lot of the skins just aren't really Spyro related. I was expecting stuff like a Spyro hoodie for Crash, an Elora skin for Coco, Sgt. Penta, etc. But other than the Devli Dog Zam and Gnorc skins for the Norms, none of the skins are actually Spyro themed, either just generic fantasy themed stuff or something completely unrelated.

-Accel mains got screwed since Coco is the only bonus character in Accel and none of the new characters are Accel. I generally feel the stats for the Spyro characters are all over the place. IMO Spyro should have been Accel, Hunter should have been Speed, and Gnasty could be Balanced or another Speed. If they were going to make Spyro Speed, then they should have at least made Hunter Accel, but he's stuck in Balanced instead for some bizarre reason, even though Balanced is actually quite slow.

I'm hoping they will at least sprinkle some Legendary skins for the Spyro characters throughout other GPs since they were willing to break themeing for this one.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#907 Posted: 07:50:36 01/09/2019
@ThunderEgg, that music is the Mushroom Speedway theme from the Greatest Hits version which got remastered in Reignited.
#908 Posted: 18:08:36 03/09/2019
@ThunderEgg, that music is the Mushroom Speedway theme from the Greatest Hits version which got remastered in Reignited.

oops

__
---
Spyro-Gamer Hunter Gems: 7301
#909 Posted: 02:07:39 10/09/2019
I'm rather unfamiliar with the whole PlayStation online thing, since I haven't had my PS4 for too long and I haven't really done anything online. So I've got a few questions to ask.

To access the pit stop and grand prix, do I just have to be logged into my PlayStation network account, or do I need to buy PlayStation Plus? And how exactly do you unlock the new characters (Spyro, etc), and do you need PS Plus for it? All I got from videos was 'play a lot of races'. And are the grand prix just versus online players, or can it be versus CPU, and will I need PS Plus for that too?
#910 Posted: 07:38:41 10/09/2019
Quote: Spyro-Gamer
I'm rather unfamiliar with the whole PlayStation online thing, since I haven't had my PS4 for too long and I haven't really done anything online. So I've got a few questions to ask.

To access the pit stop and grand prix, do I just have to be logged into my PlayStation network account, or do I need to buy PlayStation Plus? And how exactly do you unlock the new characters (Spyro, etc), and do you need PS Plus for it? All I got from videos was 'play a lot of races'. And are the grand prix just versus online players, or can it be versus CPU, and will I need PS Plus for that too?

All you need for the pit stop and grand prix is to be connected to the internet and have your game be up to date.
To unlock Spyro, you just have to keep doing races to fill up a nitro gauge. You don't even have to do multiplayer, just any race at all. If you go on Grand Prix on the main menu, you can find lists of objectives you can complete to fill the nitro gauge more quickly.
Other characters are unlocked either from Adventure mode or buying them from the pit stop with wumpa coins that you obtain from every race.
You only need PS Plus if you want to do online multiplayer.
Hope that helps. smilie
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#911 Posted: 21:18:18 10/09/2019 | Topic Creator

All you need for the pit stop and grand prix is to be connected to the internet and have your game be up to date.
To unlock Spyro, you just have to keep doing races to fill up a nitro gauge. You don't even have to do multiplayer, just any race at all. If you go on Grand Prix on the main menu, you can find lists of objectives you can complete to fill the nitro gauge more quickly.
Other characters are unlocked either from Adventure mode or buying them from the pit stop with wumpa coins that you obtain from every race.
Hope that helps. smilie

Worth noting that online races give you more Coins and Nitro, but they can still be collected racing offline, as long as you keep your internet connection while playing.
---
Bruh
#912 Posted: 03:03:11 11/09/2019
Quote: Crash10

Hope that helps. smilie

Worth noting that online races give you more Coins and Nitro, but they can still be collected racing offline, as long as you keep your internet connection while playing.

Oh, okay! Thank you both for the information! smilie
#913 Posted: 21:33:21 17/09/2019 | Topic Creator
My sister bought a PS4 for her and I bought Nitro-Fueled to play on it. Finished Adventure in a day, must be a sign I'm loving it.

Don't have PSPlus for now but you can PM me to add me, I'll do have eventually.
---
Bruh
#914 Posted: 04:10:01 19/09/2019
How exactly do you unlock Spyro and all the other characters? I've looked online but I can't find out how. I think I missed out on some characters because I didn't realize the grand prix were only on for a few weeks at a time.
#915 Posted: 04:32:06 19/09/2019 | Topic Creator
How exactly do you unlock Spyro and all the other characters? I've looked online but I can't find out how. I think I missed out on some characters because I didn't realize the grand prix were only on for a few weeks at a time.

You have to build Nitro to unlock Spyro. To do that, go to the Grand Prix mode in the main menu and check the available missions. Complete them in all other modes to fill your Nitro Gauge. You'll unlock various prizes, including Spyro.

Gnasty and Hunter must be bought in the Pit Stop using Wumpa Coins. The Pit Stop changes its available items everyday, so it's up to luck on whether or not those two will be available. Gnasty is available in a bundle with two skins for Small Norm and Big Norm today, at least for me. Dunno if the Pit Stop is the same for everybody.

As for characters from past Grand Prix events, Activision said those characters will be available again in a later date. We don't know when and how, but I assume by the time all Grand Prix events are over. We hope they keep their promise.
---
Bruh
#916 Posted: 15:02:35 26/09/2019 | Topic Creator
Yo does anyone wanna play online with me on PS4 like right now? Gotta complete those Grand Prix missions man.
---
Bruh
Gordonzora Green Sparx Gems: 205
#917 Posted: 23:39:40 26/09/2019
I really want to get CTRNF but sadly, I don't have any money :/

But I'm still planning to get it though.
---
This is not a sentence
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6606
#918 Posted: 01:52:12 27/09/2019
If we ever get a Crash Bandicoot Tag Team Racing remaster/remake i will cry it's my absolute favorite Crash game and seeing the quality and tracks in CTR makes me nut to think what the maps of TTR would be
---
Gay 4 GARcher
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#919 Posted: 01:59:09 27/09/2019
Quote: DragonCamo
If we ever get a Crash Bandicoot Tag Team Racing remaster/remake i will cry it's my absolute favorite Crash game and seeing the quality and tracks in CTR makes me nut to think what the maps of TTR would be

This, baby, this.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#920 Posted: 23:01:46 02/10/2019 | Topic Creator
The next Grand Prix is coming up October 4th and it will also make most of the content of the first Grand Prix available again:

[User Posted Image]

Other Grand Prix have been teased as well:

[User Posted Image]
---
Bruh
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6606
#921 Posted: 03:08:07 05/10/2019
Just tried to play Crash team Racing on the ps2 and OH GOD
---
Gay 4 GARcher
#922 Posted: 01:22:06 07/10/2019 | Topic Creator
Goopy boy.

I still gotta get any of the new skins, bu I'm in no rush. We have an entire month ahead of ourselves.
---
Bruh
Clank Emerald Sparx Gems: 4229
#923 Posted: 06:45:26 07/12/2019
LET'S GOOOOO
---
"*runs around like a headless gnorc*" ~Jaggedstar©
#924 Posted: 18:28:07 07/12/2019
my body is ready
---
SkyFan91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1806
#925 Posted: 18:18:20 11/12/2019
With the game awards tomorrow, we could be possibly be seeing a reveal of this new crash game. Any final hopes and predictions to what it could be before the big day?

That is IF it is revealed. Which I hope it is
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:18:46 11/12/2019 by SkyFan91
#926 Posted: 00:40:45 12/12/2019 | Topic Creator
Quote: SkyFan91
With the game awards tomorrow, we could be possibly be seeing a reveal of this new crash game. Any final hopes and predictions to what it could be before the big day?

That is IF it is revealed. Which I hope it is

I just hope it's a very good game and it takes some risks, don't wanna see the series being too safe, specially in new titles.
---
Bruh
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#927 Posted: 01:06:29 12/12/2019
I do know that there are Twinsanity rumors, but I do think a new game would be the better direction.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5337
#928 Posted: 15:35:31 12/12/2019
Spyro's appearance in Nitro Fueled was a hint. We're getting full on 3D HD remakes of Crash Bandicoot Purple and Spyro Orange.
---
Boop me if you see this.
SkyFan91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1806
#929 Posted: 20:43:04 14/12/2019
Well, no new game announced. Guess we’ll find out sometime in the new year
#930 Posted: 23:58:36 21/01/2020

i haven't checked if it's working today, but the grand prix county thingie was broken yesterday
---
#931 Posted: 03:00:43 22/03/2020 | Topic Creator
I just all skins. Still have a few Wheels/Paint Jobs/Stickers left, not too many though.

Remember there's probably an update this month guys. According to the datamine...

Our boy mother****er.obj is coming.
---
Bruh
Halvmorke Emerald Sparx Gems: 4391
#932 Posted: 05:11:14 22/03/2020
Willie or who?
---
Elite: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Senseis: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
sans Gold Sparx Gems: 2241
#933 Posted: 00:21:42 27/03/2020
looking good

[User Posted Image]
---
smiliesmiliesmilie
willspyro Ripto Gems: 5862
#934 Posted: 01:29:46 27/03/2020
I have so many coins
sans Gold Sparx Gems: 2241
#935 Posted: 03:18:37 27/03/2020
it's so cool having everything unlocked, looking forward to getting more coin with my friends
---
smiliesmiliesmilie
willspyro Ripto Gems: 5862
#936 Posted: 03:46:02 27/03/2020
Why is a crate a ****ing character smilie
First | Previous | Page 19 of 23 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me