Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > The Official All-Purpose Crash Bandicoot Topic
First | Previous | Page 15 of 23 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 21 22 23
The Official All-Purpose Crash Bandicoot Topic
sky-dragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3206
#701 Posted: 06:34:04 28/07/2017
Man getting all the white gems in crash 2 pain especially when you need single life one. Part to collect all the box plus the white gem at the end of the skull passage I got 21/42 white gems and got all color gems
---
"ryuujin no ken wo kurae!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:34:29 28/07/2017 by sky-dragon
faunatic Yellow Sparx Gems: 1811
#702 Posted: 02:58:27 29/07/2017
want to play these so bad! will have to make do with original ps1 versions.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9212
#703 Posted: 18:58:32 02/08/2017
ZERO DEATHS!

---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#704 Posted: 00:34:39 03/08/2017
I beat Cortex Strikes back and I'm halfway through Warped. Warped is so much easier than the other two it's insane. Or should I say...N.Sane????

*Brick'd*

Anyway, the only level I really struggled with was Hog Race. The rest is super easy and I'm gotten gems without even trying to get all the boxes.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
Johnbonne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1216
#705 Posted: 06:35:04 03/08/2017
Quote: Chompy-King257
I beat Cortex Strikes back and I'm halfway through Warped. Warped is so much easier than the other two it's insane. Or should I say...N.Sane????

*Brick'd*

Anyway, the only level I really struggled with was Hog Race. The rest is super easy and I'm gotten gems without even trying to get all the boxes.

Keep it up! I always found the motorcycle races to be a pain, especially turning. It's weird how Naughty Dog went from that to Crash Team Racing, easily my favourite kart racer (or racing game in general).
Duke Spike Yellow Sparx Gems: 1669
#706 Posted: 13:28:41 03/08/2017
woah

woah

woah...

WOAH

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWO
---
Off to be a Globetrotter somewhere else...
#707 Posted: 19:20:56 04/08/2017
So I beat Warped. I'm not going for gems or relics or anything. I just wanted the fun of the story and I'm not bothered with getting everything. I'm going to move on to my replay of Trap Team now. But who knows, maybe I'll return to it and finish.

Also, for some reason I really want Fake Crash to get his own spin-off game now.
---
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#708 Posted: 01:17:10 06/08/2017
Quote: Drawdler
In a random turn of events, my sister who has bronchitis wants something besides Netflix to pass the time while she's sick, so she's getting the Trilogy and offered for me to play it with her. So welp I guess I'm getting to play it much sooner than I thought. *smileshrug*

Now that's N.Sane

Wait
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#709 Posted: 23:34:43 06/08/2017
The first was the hardest. There was such a difficulty spike in the levels but most of the them were really difficult. Still though, the bosses were worth it because they're the best part of the game.

The second had a difficulty spike also. It was easier than the first but there were still some really hard levels.

The third was the easiest by far. I got through it in two days while the others took me about three weeks. Most levels were really easy, the only truly difficult ones being the motorcycle and jet ski ones (and even the former wasn't that hard once you got the hang of it.) Call me a pansy, but I liked this one best for the sole reason it was easy. That and it had the best boss fights.

On another note, my favorite bosses in the game were N.Gin (Warped), Dingodile, N.Tropy and all the Cortex fights.
---
#710 Posted: 22:37:04 07/08/2017

Interesting...

If they remaster Twinsanity I'm gonna cry. I adore that game and I was so bummed out it never reached it's full potential. I want this to happen so bad and I really hope it does, even if it's unlikely.
---
InsomDog Platinum Sparx Gems: 6814
#711 Posted: 22:43:38 07/08/2017
I have finally got all three Platinum trophies for the games. One challenge remains though...Stormy Ascent gold relic. I have attempted the time trial so many times now and getting so close everytime to reaching the end without dying. I just hope I'm quick enough...
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#712 Posted: 03:36:16 14/08/2017
It's really a bummer I don't own a PS4, but since I have the original games, I'm not missing that much. It makes me happy that this trilogy exists so that people that missed it back then, plus the newer generations can try these amazing games. If only the same thing was done with the original Spyro. Now that is a tremendous idea smilie
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
Duke Spike Yellow Sparx Gems: 1669
#713 Posted: 17:23:23 13/09/2017
kinda unrelated but, funko are doing new crash pop figures

https://funko.com/blogs/news/c...bandicoot-pop-s

i'm hype smilie
---
Off to be a Globetrotter somewhere else...
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#714 Posted: 18:03:55 13/09/2017
>Biker outfit Crash is a Hot Topic exclusive.

Because of course it is. <.>
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#715 Posted: 18:10:51 13/09/2017 | Topic Creator
They aren't bad actually. I don't think I would buy them, but they do look nice.
---
Bruh
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#716 Posted: 18:19:55 13/09/2017
OH CRAP I WANT THR CRASH FUNKOS OH BABY OH BABY
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#717 Posted: 23:47:40 13/09/2017
Quote: Duke Spike

i'm hype smilie

OH MY GOOOOOOODDDDD
I WANTED THEM TO DO THIS FOR SO LONG AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH
JUST WHEN I THOUGHT I DIDN'T WANT TO GET INTO POPS
TAKE MY MONEY DAMMIT

On a serious note: I'm not a huge fan of Pops because I don't like the huge heads, little detail and all black eyes. Only a few look good to me (Cyberdemon, Purple Minion) But it works perfectly for Crash and Cortex because that's what they look like in the games. I am so buying these when they come out.

Please do Don't Hug Me I'm Scared next.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:53:47 13/09/2017 by Chompy-King257
#718 Posted: 17:15:59 14/09/2017

i'm hype smilie

OH MY GOOOOOOODDDDD
I WANTED THEM TO DO THIS FOR SO LONG AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH
JUST WHEN I THOUGHT I DIDN'T WANT TO GET INTO POPS
TAKE MY MONEY DAMMIT

On a serious note: I'm not a huge fan of Pops because I don't like the huge heads, little detail and all black eyes. Only a few look good to me (Cyberdemon, Purple Minion) But it works perfectly for Crash and Cortex because that's what they look like in the games. I am so buying these when they come out.

Please do Don't Hug Me I'm Scared next.

Don't get your hopes on DHMIS pops. I feel like the creator's wouldnt want that, and it might go against one of their messages.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#719 Posted: 14:10:34 17/09/2017

i'm hype smilie

Can't say I'm particularly pleased with any of these. It's the eyes that ruin them, especially on Cortex - pupils would make that model a whole load better in my opinion. I must say the Jet Pack one is my fave; I just hope I can get it where I live without shipping it.

To keep this N. Sane, I ordered a PS4 yesterday and one of the first games I plan on getting is the CB N. Sane Trilogy! Can't wait! smilie
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9212
#720 Posted: 15:13:20 17/09/2017
Quote: Johnbonne

i'm hype smilie

Can't say I'm particularly pleased with any of these. It's the eyes that ruin them, especially on Cortex - pupils would make that model a whole load better in my opinion. I must say the Jet Pack one is my fave; I just hope I can get it where I live without shipping it.

To keep this N. Sane, I ordered a PS4 yesterday and one of the first games I plan on getting is the CB N. Sane Trilogy! Can't wait! smilie

Are you going to get the Ratchet & Clank remake too? It should be pretty cheap now.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#721 Posted: 17:28:38 17/09/2017
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
Quote: Johnbonne

i'm hype smilie

Are you going to get the Ratchet & Clank remake too? It should be pretty cheap now.

More than likely. "Rocket & Clunk" as my dad once called it is sold for anywhere between £15-20 here so I'll pick it up. I mean, I'm gonna be catching up on all the mediocre titles like The Order and Knack so of course I'm gonna pick up some decent titles along the way. smilie

----------------

So it's arrived, and I've got my first impressions so far (just about ready to face off with Koala Kong).

Positives:
1) Controls are thankfully not a replica of the first game's. They're buttery smooth with fast reaction times, although I think some attacks may have a delay. Will double check them, but it could be a hitbox issue.
2) Jump is noticeably weightier, but it's not bad.... just different. All it means is I have to make sure I jump at the edge of a ledge rather than halfway from it.
3) Visuals. I thought they were a bit too clean in videos which didn't do it justice, but there's just enough colour to make levels feel alive. Everything that should be crumbling or highly detailed is, and the water is a beauty to behold. Lighting could do with work in places, but when it gets it right, it gets it right.
3.5) Animations, particularly those of enemies.
4) Ease of saving is a granted nowadays but I like that the Tawna stages aren't a requirement to save. Maybe make another mode for folks who want that.
5) Koala Kong butt waggle

Small positive things:

1) Replayable Tawna, Cortex and Brio stages. If I die, and I will, I can boot it up from a handy little portal nearby at the cost of zero lives. What more could you want, jam on it?
2) Playing as Coco. Not sure how I feel about needing to be at a certain point to play her, but at least I can play as her.
3) Playing as Coco. Because it needs to be said twice. Her neon spin attack is probably the best selling point.
4)Plants look meatier in the river zones, like they're animals.
5) Cortex taking Tawna away makes more sense in the bonus rounds.

Small negative things:

1) TNT sound doesn't quite match the original, which was essentially the sound of God in a box.
2) The pitch-black of the metal crates in differently lighted zones look ugly. Then again it is a metal crate.
3) Water is too shallow. Coco looks like she's sat in a puddle more than she's floating (kudos for doing the proper thing in cold water though)
4) Cortex's eyes are too beady
5) Ripper Roo's toes are too short. Aren't they supposed to be lethal and dangerously long?
6) N. Brio in the opening seemed a bit too crazy. Wasn't he supposed to be jittery and neurotic rather than full-on bonkers?
7) In the hog levels, the hog makes a whizzing sound when he's not fast enough to make that noise. Also its out of sync.

Negatives:

1) I wasn't expecting to enjoy much more than 70% of music, but so far I barely enjoy 7%. Most of it sounds like the musicians trying to show off how cool they are, especially with guitars. I would prefer a beefier soundtrack with more grunting of bass instruments. On the other hand that is a tragedy of our time - the music will naturally be tinnier with new technology, but I think more could have been done to keep it like the original.
2) Only being able to play Crash Bandicoot when launching the disc. To be fair it's one of the few games this generation where "play now" means "play now", even if it's just a third of the game while the other 2 installed.
3) Loading times. Maybe they'll get better now the other two games are installed.
4) People who complain about people who complain about loading times. It happened with Wrath of Cortex, and it'll happen here. I don't give a bum, bottom or widdle - if it's in the game, it's in the review/impressions.
5) The loading screens are boring. How is it that Crash Bash, probably the most Crash-like spin-off, is doing something better than the original games? That's just wrong.
6) The loading screens are frustratingly close to telling you exactly how to beat the level, especially bosses. OK, so I phone a hotline when I was about 6 to learn how to beat Ripper Roo in CB2:CSB, but c'mon - "he doesn't take damage from direct attacks"? At least show me the level before you rip off your shirt and reveal to the world you're Captain Obvious.

Conclusion thus far: A lot better than I had expected. Then again, losing only a finger instead of a hand to an prairie dog attack is better than expected. Your move, Koala Kong.
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 15:40:24 20/09/2017 by Johnbonne
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#722 Posted: 05:11:11 11/10/2017
Activision-Blizzard announced some new(ish) license deals.
http://investor.activision.com...leaseID=1043405
Looks like Crash may possibly be getting some love from NECA.
---
#all Spyros are valid
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#723 Posted: 21:45:50 05/02/2018
Rumour has it that Activision is gonna bring Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy onto the PC and Switch (No Xbox One version mentioned though I imagine it will happen) and even is working on a new Crash game and merchandise as part of a five year plan.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/2...ilogy-switch-pc

On one hand, it'll be awesome to see a possible remaster for Crash Team Racing, especially since that 2019 will mark the 20th anniversary of CTR (especially if Vicarious Visions gets to handle that one too). And the idea of some new Crash games sounds promising, especially if they go on a new direction different from Wrath of Cortex to Mind Over Mutant.

On the other hand, loot boxes in a platformer. I hate the idea but it's under Activision. Just hope they don't do this to Spyro or at least until after remastering that trilogy, if it gets remastered.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
#724 Posted: 21:54:05 05/02/2018
I'm with Sess, it's likely not true but oh baby is it is I would be hyped.
---
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#725 Posted: 20:47:48 14/02/2018
I bought this for my brother as his Christmas present. I'll play it over summer when I'm back at home and have more time.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#726 Posted: 20:21:37 20/02/2018
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/2mGyK

Huh, this guy apparently did concept art for the COTT redesigns. I wasn't looking for it, just ran into it during my daily artstation binge, but you guys might like it. It's clear the artist had a lot of fun, but wow expansive and quirky shapes isn't Crash's thing, it's more Spyro or Jak and Daxter's thing.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#727 Posted: 01:42:47 21/02/2018
Just curious because I haven't been following - is this likely to be ported to Switch or at least Xbox? Not that it matters to me - I'm just wondering.
---
#728 Posted: 01:44:45 21/02/2018
Just curious because I haven't been following - is this likely to be ported to Switch or at least Xbox? Not that it matters to me - I'm just wondering.

Well, at some convention, there was new Crash merch, one of which were 3 statues of Crash in a carrying pose. One of which was holding a Nintendo Switch, which very well could be a tease of a port.
---
#729 Posted: 01:47:46 21/02/2018
I hope it comes to the Switch. I was quite disappointed to hear there wasn't going to be any Switch port for Secret of Mana. I don't want to hear Crash is on the same road smilie
---
#730 Posted: 01:49:14 21/02/2018
Nothing for Xbox then, hmm?
---
faunatic Yellow Sparx Gems: 1811
#731 Posted: 00:29:29 22/02/2018
looks possible for switch according to this

https://wccftech.com/crash-ban...intendo-switch/
#732 Posted: 08:12:53 09/03/2018
Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy coming to Nintendo Switch, Xbone and PC on July 10th! How do you feel about this? I personally have no desire to keep my PS4 after I've reviewed the exclusives I want to (The Order: 1886, iNFAMOUS: First Ligh and Knack, maybe WipEout: Omega Collection), so that means I can sell off the N. Sane Trilogy to a good home! What really excites me is the idea of a future Crash game in the "five year plan" Activision has that might use the Switch's features well. Can't come up with any examples at the moment, but I'd like to see how they use all its tech. smilie

Here's the article:

https://kotaku.com/crash-bandi...g-to-1823626693
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:19:43 09/03/2018 by Johnbonne
#733 Posted: 14:48:04 09/03/2018
Just found out yesterday. I'm so happy! Finally, some of my childhood games are going to be released. And even Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze is coming this May. I was so worried I would need a Wii U to play it, but finally, many people will get the chance to play it. It looks so awesome! And did I mentioned the original Super Smash Bros is coming too? Probably many more, but those are the ones I know about for know. The Switch was definitely a worthy purchase smilie

Edit: Just found out that Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker is coming soon too, not only for the Switch, but for the Nintendo 3DS as well. I'm glad that Nintendo is deciding to release all those great Wii U games for other consoles. They know how much the Wii U failed with the sales, which means many people missed the few great games that got released for that console. I'm glad they're giving people the chance to play the games they missed smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:53:27 09/03/2018 by Felines
#734 Posted: 14:55:14 09/03/2018
I have to admit, I'm rather jealous of the Switch after I sold it to put money toward a new PC. The system is really looking up for any sceptics out there! smilie
#735 Posted: 16:19:16 09/03/2018
^Well, the Switch is already a year old and it's still selling very well. You still have plenty of time to purchase it again, maybe a used one? smilie
---
#736 Posted: 16:26:48 09/03/2018
Quote: Felines
^Well, the Switch is already a year old and it's still selling very well. You still have plenty of time to purchase it again, maybe a used one? smilie

When all the games I want come out, I most definitely will. I only wanted it initially for Breath of the Wild, Imaginators, Odyssey, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Kingdom Battle. I have a tendency to get consoles too early, but I must say I've had my fun! smilie
#737 Posted: 16:49:01 09/03/2018
^Those are five games. More than enough reason to purchase the console. Sometimes I want a game that comes exclusively for a console I don't have, but if it's only one game I'm interested in, I don't waste money on a console if I'm going to play just one game. I have to have at least three games for that particular console to consider it a worthy purchase. Even today, there are a few games I'm still waiting to come out for a console I do have smilie

It was the same case with Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. That was pretty much the only game for the Wii U that I was interested in, but I wasn't going to purchase the console just for the sake of one game, no matter how much I wanted it. I'm glad I waited in this particular case though. Even if it's late, I will still be able to finally play the game smilie
---
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#738 Posted: 18:12:43 12/03/2018
gonna get it on switch.
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#739 Posted: 19:37:53 12/03/2018
https://mynintendonews.com/201...intendo-switch/

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me