Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > The Official All-Purpose Crash Bandicoot Topic
First | Previous | Page 14 of 23 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 21 22 23
The Official All-Purpose Crash Bandicoot Topic
Dragon Lover Emerald Sparx Gems: 4649
#651 Posted: 04:44:08 11/07/2017
GUYS I got the second best time on Boulder Dash! I ran through it not even expecting a gold relic but I got a platinum at around 1:17!! The top score is like 1:15:02 and I cannot beat it to save my life.

EDIT: Just saw that dark52 is actually 2nd best time on Whole Hog
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:51:42 11/07/2017 by Dragon Lover
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#652 Posted: 13:18:26 11/07/2017
Shouldn't the Hog times all be the same assuming you hit every time crate? They're on rails...
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#653 Posted: 13:27:53 11/07/2017
Quote: HIR
Shouldn't the Hog times all be the same assuming you hit every time crate? They're on rails...

That's exactly what I thought.
You can't go faster, you can't screw up without having to repeat it from the beginning... Yet there are quite a few differences in the leaderborads.

The only thing I can think of is jump height and maybe some changes according to how much you move from left to right.

Anyway, got the Gold Relic in The High Road an hour ago; it was traumatic, especially because I first got a Sapphire one and had to do it again but even faster.
Slippery Climb was a walk in the park, compared to that abomination,.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:28:36 11/07/2017 by Drek95
InsomDog Platinum Sparx Gems: 6814
#654 Posted: 14:55:57 11/07/2017
I've kinda given up on Crash 1's time trials just now. I was hoping to get Platinum trophies for all three games but these gold relics are really hard to get.

I spent ages trying to get through Native Fortress, only to get a Sapphire...
#655 Posted: 18:47:07 11/07/2017
Quote: InsomDog

Native Fortress is an absolute piece of crap. I ran through Slippery Climb with a gold in probably three tries but after about 12 tries on NF for a got-dang sapphire was ridiculous. ._.
#656 Posted: 18:52:59 11/07/2017
Quote: Dragon Lover

Native Fortress is an absolute piece of crap. I ran through Slippery Climb with a gold in probably three tries but after about 12 tries on NF for a got-dang sapphire was ridiculous. ._.

12...?
I absolutely don't want to sound presumptuous or arrogant, I completely understand your frustration, but I had to try at least 50/60 times before getting a Gold Relic.

It's definitely the worst, not even The Lost City and Sunset Vista are as bad because they give you plenty of time.
The High Road is terrible on a different level, feels less of a chore to replay it over and over again but you can die literally everywhere.

Thought Slippery Climb would have been much worse, but I got the Golden Relic on my third try.
I fear the two dark levels immensely now.

EDIT: nevermind, somehow got the Platinum Relic in Lights Out on my first try.
Tip for everyone, the gem platform's shortcut works. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 19:04:03 11/07/2017 by Drek95
#657 Posted: 21:28:00 11/07/2017
Quote: Drek95

I've wondered about whether or not gem platforms could be used for that! Is that the only level where it's worth using or are there others?
#658 Posted: 21:40:49 11/07/2017
Quote: Drek95

I've wondered about whether or not gem platforms could be used for that! Is that the only level where it's worth using or are there others?

I think it's the only one worth using, but it was admittedly the only one I remembered being that helpful to finish the level quicker.

Just got the Platinum Trophy, The Lab and Castle Machinery weren't that difficult after all (the former was also really fun); Native Fortress is probably still the worst, at least in terms of how I perceived it.
A tip for it is to use the secret route behind the wall; there are no time crates in the foreground, so that's absolutely the best option.

EDIT:
in other news, Crash Bandicoot's official Facebook page talked about the special ComiCon annoucement, posting an image of him with the caption "what's he gonna do next?".
Guess this rules Spyro out; could be related to future games or more remakes.

I'd want The Wrath of Cortex and Twinsanity with all the cut content soooo bad, but it's probably gonna be CTR.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:16:38 11/07/2017 by Drek95
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#659 Posted: 23:14:23 11/07/2017 | Topic Creator
I'm expecting side material or DLC. No new games in my opinion. Maaaaybe a Team Racing remake.
---
Bruh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:14:44 11/07/2017 by Crash10
#660 Posted: 23:29:38 11/07/2017
I think we'd get new games or a CTR remake...

...After they remaster Spyro. Maybe? Please? <.< >.>
---
#661 Posted: 23:34:00 11/07/2017
Totally forgot the DLC.
Yeah, guess that's more likely, considering pretty much everyone knows it's coming.

"What's he gonna do next?"
Try to get the Golden Relic in Stormy Ascent, of course! smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#662 Posted: 23:37:45 11/07/2017 | Topic Creator
Also, Dark Horse is at the Crash thing at Comic Con. I wouldn't be surprised if we get a comic or something like that.
---
Bruh
madison-dwrd Emerald Sparx Gems: 3201
#663 Posted: 15:42:59 12/07/2017
It would be really cool to get a CTR remaster, now that I think about it. I'm sure they'd add online multiplayer, which would be awesome since I love playing with other people but it's been years since I've been able to do that.

Of course, I'd much rather have a Spyro remaster.
---
You gotta believe!
Johnbonne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1216
#664 Posted: 17:45:19 12/07/2017
Quote: madison-dwrd
It would be really cool to get a CTR remaster, now that I think about it. I'm sure they'd add online multiplayer, which would be awesome since I love playing with other people but it's been years since I've been able to do that.

Of course, I'd much rather have a Spyro remaster.

I'd much rather a new Crash racing game, especially if it's by VV after how well they handled the N. Sane Trilogy. While CTR is a solid racing game (made almost the best one in the genre thanks to its unmistakable tight controls), I think a new one that was more true to the Crash aesthetic would be better. CTR doesn't look all that much like a Crash game if you take the bosses' faces off the walls of some locations, and there's only a sprinkling of tiki statues, seals and wumpa. Now having levels with the lighting mechanics of CB1's Tower stages, or a remix of the Pack Attack/Rock It theme in a space level? Hell. Yes. Boyo.

Or just a Spyro remaster. Keep the original music though; ain't nobody topping the Second Coming of Audiochrist.
#665 Posted: 20:33:24 12/07/2017
One must wonder, if Spyro did get remastered, would it have to be from scratch? My guess is yes. Insomniac's made it clear in interviews that they did a piss-poor job preserving files in their earlier days. For reference, they lost their stuff from the PS2 Ratchet games and borrowed Idol Minds's files from the HD remasters to help make Ratchet 2016.
---
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#666 Posted: 20:45:09 12/07/2017
Question: If they made an entirely new game for Crash as a successor, what would make more sense - A single new game like the first three on it's own, or a new trilogy like this one but with three new games?
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
#667 Posted: 21:04:30 12/07/2017
Quote: HIR
One must wonder, if Spyro did get remastered, would it have to be from scratch? My guess is yes. Insomniac's made it clear in interviews that they did a piss-poor job preserving files in their earlier days. For reference, they lost their stuff from the PS2 Ratchet games and borrowed Idol Minds's files from the HD remasters to help make Ratchet 2016.

I think it would be a pretty similar situation to N. Sane Trilogy, where the models would have to be redone almost from scratch anyway because of stylistic and aging reasons.
We are still talking about a 20 years old game, after all.

It's also the reason why these are remakes, not remasters: everything had to be recreated, no matter how faithful it is to the original.

Regarding the soundtrack, I wouldn't mind a reinterpretation if it can suit the new look better while staying true to the original; yeah it's Copeland we are talking about, but I wouldn't want the themes to remain the same just for the sake of it.

Quote: Chompy-King257
Question: If they made an entirely new game for Crash as a successor, what would make more sense - A single new game like the first three on it's own, or a new trilogy like this one but with three new games?

As much as I would like remakes of Wrath of Cortex and Twinsanity (mainly because of the cut content and rushed development) I'd rather prefer a brand new game: I want and need them to show interest in not only taking advantage of our nostalgia but also try and create something brand new.

Same goes for Spyro, I'm excited for potential remakes of course, but simply because I hope they'll be the beginning of a new era for the purple pest.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 21:27:52 12/07/2017 by Drek95
#668 Posted: 21:15:06 12/07/2017
^ I apologize, but while I do indeed agree with your point, I think you misunderstood what I was asking.

To elaborate, I'm planning on making my own fan game to follow this one. And by this I mean brand new entirely - a brand new adventure with Crash Bandicoot and the gang. I am wondering what would be the more logical step: creating one single game (very like Warped and the other two), or a trilogy of three BRAND NEW ones. By this I mean three entirely new, never-before-seen adventures, not three more remasters. I think this was the point of confusion and I apologize for not being clear enough the first time.
---
#669 Posted: 21:19:37 12/07/2017 | Topic Creator
I personally think that a new, single game could be better, also because I wanna see some innovation from the games, instead of following the traditional formula. Not that a Trilogy wouldn't permit that, but I feel a single new game could give us more focus for experimentation. But a trilogy has its advantages, like variety in themes.
---
Bruh
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#670 Posted: 21:23:24 12/07/2017
Quote: Chompy-King257
^ I apologize, but while I do indeed agree with your point, I think you misunderstood what I was asking.

To elaborate, I'm planning on making my own fan game to follow this one. And by this I mean brand new entirely - a brand new adventure with Crash Bandicoot and the gang. I am wondering what would be the more logical step: creating one single game (very like Warped and the other two), or a trilogy of three BRAND NEW ones. By this I mean three entirely new, never-before-seen adventures, not three more remasters. I think this was the point of confusion and I apologize for not being clear enough the first time.

one new game Quality over quantity.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#671 Posted: 21:25:34 12/07/2017
Alright, thank you for your opinions. This works out considerably well because I only have one idea for a game. I will get to work on that soon.
---
#672 Posted: 21:26:31 12/07/2017
Oh, no no no, I apologize because I forgot to add the last part where I actually answered your question. smilie
I edited the post multiple times and that part must have been lost somewhere in the process.

I think they should keep it simple and create only one game at time; they can create a trilogy to release across multiple years but I don't think that developing and releasing all of them at once would be a good idea.
If anything because it most likely wouldn't be as cheap as the N. Sane Trilogy, being composed of brand new titles.

Also let's not understimate the fact these games sold like hot cakes because people already knew and loved them, no matter the small differences; Activision will have to be very careful with Crash from now on, to avoid loosing what they gained with this clever operation.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:28:48 12/07/2017 by Drek95
#673 Posted: 10:05:47 17/07/2017
I'm really sorry for the double post, was waiting for someone to write anything here, but this need to be adressed on its own.

Remember when I said Crash Bandicoot's time trials were hard?
Well, Cortex Strikes Back's are worse.
A lot worse.

Sure, you have the dash and slide abilities but this also means the games expects you to be really fast in levels which, again, clearly weren't designed with time trials in mind.
You can just feel it, compared to Warped's, they are pretty easy once you get the hang of them.

Wish you all the luck in the world for the sewers levels and the Polar ones.
Not to mention the time and Aku Aku crates aren't exactly strategically placed, as if timing the electric eels and invicible spiked robots to get a Gold (not even a Platinum) Relic weren't hard enough.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:06:13 17/07/2017 by Drek95
#674 Posted: 21:13:34 17/07/2017
Quote: Sesshomaru75
I've been slowly getting the Relics in CSB. I currently have at least a Gold Relic on every level in the first three warp rooms as well as on the two bonus levels, and I have a Gold and a Platinum on two of the levels in the fourth warp room.
I also have two Sapphire Relics in the fourth warp room, unfortunately, that I'll have to try to upgrade to Gold later. I really haven't had nearly as much motivation to get the Relics in CSB as Warped, tbch.

I completely understand, and won't lie, I wouldn't have put so much effort in getting the three Platinum Trophies if it weren't for the potential future Spyro easter egg.
Not even sure they are required, but now I have nothing to reproach myself with.

Turtle Woods was surprisingly difficult, because I didn't realize you could skip the moles' pits by jumping at the right time and most importantly because I didn't thought the game required you to skip at least one of them to get the Golden Relic.
The Pits was fairly easier, even if not easy by any mean.

The fireflies levels, the first two ice ones and all the river ones were probably the easiest.
Even the jetpack ones weren't that much difficult, unless you somehow messed up with the timings and ended up being electrocuted by a scientist.

The rest goes from fairly difficult to "would want to smash my controller to pieces but these things aren't as cheap as they used to be in the PS1 era so I'll just growl at the TV instead".
Out of curiosity, which are the two Sapphire Relics you still need to upgrade?
Is one of them Hangin' Out, by chance?
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#675 Posted: 17:58:10 18/07/2017 | Topic Creator
Now you can stream Dark Souls with style:

When I saw the thumbnail, I froze for a second. I read "Steam" instead of "Stream".
---
Bruh
#676 Posted: 12:16:27 19/07/2017
So I actually bought a PS4 and this yesterday...

OH MY GOD NATIVE FORTRESS MADE ME WANT TO BURN EVERYTHING INCLUDING MYSELF AAAAAAAHHHHHH

To give you an idea of how bad I am at this game - I died 4 times on Papu Papu. 4 TIMES.
---
BorisTheParrot Yellow Sparx Gems: 1117
#677 Posted: 17:29:39 19/07/2017
In my opinion The Generoator Room is one of the hardest levels to get Gold on. The tricky platforming, the annoying enemies, cutting platforms to save time, the extremely picky Time Limit, and the Anxiety-inducing pace you have to keep going to achieve a Gold Relic is incredibly difficult. The High Road was a tough one, but it doesn't get too bad once you know how to time your jumps on the ropes. At least with The High Road I know what I'm doing wrong if I don't get a Gold on time, but with The Generoator Room I feel that I do everything right but I still don't make it on time.

Other levels I found a pain to Gold Relic on were

Fumbling in the Dark: Jumping on these thin platforms while blades are swinging near you can be painful to get right. Was a brilliant feeling when I got a Platnuim instead of a Gold though. Especially after doing the last 10 seconds of the level in the pitch black after getting hit.

Sunset Visa: The time limit isn't too harsh, but man, these parts where you have to jump up these moving blocks up to the top can be rage inducing when you mess up slightly with the timing. Would of got a Platnuim instead of a Gold if I didn't mess up with the brutally difficult last part with the moving blocks before the exit.

Heavy Machinery: Wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for these enemies with spikes being in tight areas. A reserved middle finger goes to the one in the area with hot pipes on each side of them. Still haven't got a Gold on it, because I got tired with timing my jumps on these goddamn conyvere belts.

Did I mention how much I hate The Generoator Room...??
---
"Don't criticise what you can't understand" - Bob Dylan
#678 Posted: 20:35:29 19/07/2017
I'm stuck on Sunset Vista and I legit want to cry
---
#679 Posted: 19:41:31 20/07/2017 | Topic Creator
Stormy Ascent now available for free until August 19th

Good ****. The only problem is that it isn't free on the US PS Store, though apparently this was a mistake.

Edit: It's showing up as free for me. Huh, weird...

Will it be payed after August 19th or will it disappear from the store after this day?

Edit: Looks like the bug on the Store was solved.
---
Bruh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:54:48 20/07/2017 by Crash10
#680 Posted: 21:48:15 20/07/2017
A free DLC...?
Activision...?

We must really be near the end, then.

Jokes aside, it's a really nice surprise!
I'm curious to see if both Trophies relate to it or if we should expect at least a second DLC.

Time to lose all my 99 lives, then!
I'll ceck the Spyro code again, just in case. smilie

EDIT:
Done.
Not sure I'll go for the Golden Relic this time, though.
Don't need it for the Platinum and I've frankly had enough of time trials, at least for now.

Something fun I discovered: while on Wumpa Islands' map you can use the square and circle button to rotate the camera around.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 22:51:07 20/07/2017 by Drek95
InsomDog Platinum Sparx Gems: 6814
#681 Posted: 23:08:04 20/07/2017
What a crazy level that was...
#682 Posted: 12:04:58 21/07/2017
So I beat Crash 1 and completed the first level of the second one.

There's such a crazy difficult spike in the first. One minute it's really easy and the next it's like the hardest thing ever.
---
BorisTheParrot Yellow Sparx Gems: 1117
#683 Posted: 12:23:36 21/07/2017
Just like another classic PS1 game Rayman 1.
---
"Don't criticise what you can't understand" - Bob Dylan
#684 Posted: 12:26:58 21/07/2017
I found Slippery Climb, Road To Nowhere, The High Road, Temple Ruins, Jaws Of Darkness, Sunset Vista and Ripper Roo's boss fight the hardest.
---
#685 Posted: 15:18:38 21/07/2017
Well, I played Stormy Ascent.

Still not as bad as Native Fortress's time trial.
#686 Posted: 23:03:22 21/07/2017
Tfw I only have one Gold Relic left in CSB and it's Piston it Away... fml...

Could have been worse.
It could have been Hangin' Out.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#687 Posted: 23:50:54 21/07/2017 | Topic Creator
Could have been worse.

You could have been trying to get Wrath of Cortex's Relics.
---
Bruh
#688 Posted: 20:47:00 22/07/2017 | Topic Creator
Some good news:

• Dark Horse Comics is releasing an artbook with the original design documents of the first game.
  • A new app (already available) let's you use Crash emojis and take selfies with Crash characters.

Source
---
Bruh
faunatic Yellow Sparx Gems: 1811
#689 Posted: 06:44:40 24/07/2017
hoping very much for switch version of game. or pc. not buying xbone or ps4 for one game even if good game much liked.
#690 Posted: 23:42:56 25/07/2017
The bridge levels Gold Relics are a pain to get, but I found them less frustrating than Sunset Vista or Native Fortress, because of how linear they are and also because they flow relatively well once you get the right timing.
Replaying them is not as horrible as it may sound.
Same goes for The Lab and the first dark level.

Now, the second one is quite harder because you will get to a specific point with no Aku Aku, no matter if you are hit or not.
Just keep calm and try to aim for the Aku Aku crate right after the nearby gap; it will probably take some tries (that's where it becomes tedious) but after that it's rather easy.

I was very lucky with Slippery Climb but I can tell you it's on Native Fortress' level; that's why I'm not even trying with Stormy Ascent's Relic at lesst for quite a while.

Congratulations for Cortex Strikes Back's Platinum, I found it to be a lot harder than the first game in terms of time trials. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#691 Posted: 02:17:08 27/07/2017
After playing Diggin' It

I freakin' hate bees
---
First | Previous | Page 14 of 23 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 21 22 23

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me