Forum

Skylanders Academy

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
What do you hope for Season 2?
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#1 Posted: 21:01:42 28/10/2016 | Topic Creator
Here's what I want!

Better Animation! It's already great and most shows are given bigger budgets as they go on, so I say we could see a bigger budget and better animation in S2!

More Skylanders! Gimmie Hot Dog, Gill Grunt, Riptide, Spitfire, and all my other favorites!

More epic story telling! Ah come on, it's already getting good! This once is pretty much a given just like the above!

Some NPC's from the games! Would be nice but at the same time, kind of not make sense seeing how the show seems to be before SSA. Altho Flynn could join and that wouldn't screw over much.

Both familiar and new places! Let's go on over to Cascade Glade! Or maybe Junkyard Isles! Maybe enjoy the beauty of The Frostfest Mountains? Maybe Pop Fizz visits the Soda Springs?

Not really for season 2, but for later seasons. Have the show take place during and/or between the games starting between Sky 7 and 8!
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#2 Posted: 21:09:07 28/10/2016
Better animation seconded. If you're going to repeat locations again, at least use accurate ones.

Moar Hex and Skull would be awesome ;w;

More action would be nice as well. While impressive at times there's zero coreography on any of the scenes except for whatever Stealth Elf does and even then there's constant camera switching which kills the flow. Skylanders usually are flashier ingame.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#3 Posted: 21:36:16 28/10/2016
Three major things:
1. Don't explain the plot we just watched at the end of the episode... And maybe try to make the moral-teaching a little more subtle.
2. Krankcase. Maybe have an episode where they fire Broccoli Guy and show how the good doctor came to be a Doom Raider.
3. Focus on Hex, Roller Brawl, Wind-Up, and Skull. Maybe have them be the next cadets to become Skylanders. Would make sense since they had the most screentime of the secondary Skylanders... Aside from red Arnold Schwarzenegger.

By the way, you don't suppose anyone on the production team for the show comes on the forums, do you?
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#4 Posted: 21:37:18 28/10/2016
There's Eric on twitter, though there's no point, he already finished Season 2's script.
---
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#5 Posted: 22:01:38 28/10/2016
More areas from the games and show exclusive locations.

Roller Brawl centric episode (heck, episodes focusing on the background landers).

Seeing how the Supercharger Skylanders would fit in the series since their vehicles are already present.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#6 Posted: 23:07:56 28/10/2016
here we go-

gill grunt in at least one episode
flynn in at least one episode
more of this good humor
the cynder episode we were promised
giants
swappers
superchargers
(i know this one's a longshot but) luminous
ChopChopz Blue Sparx Gems: 752
#7 Posted: 23:17:51 28/10/2016
All I want is

Bad Breath to finally join the team
---
smilie In loving memory. Was rejected for Imaginators. smilie

"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#8 Posted: 23:26:11 28/10/2016
That episode featuring the voice of Hayden Panettiere as a one character? Pretty please?
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#9 Posted: 23:43:06 28/10/2016
I just want more of THE DARKNESS than the like 3 seconds he gets. Also Pain-Yatta.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
ChopChopz Blue Sparx Gems: 752
#10 Posted: 23:43:58 28/10/2016
I really also want Drill Sergeant and Prism Breaker. Maybe some more villains too.

Oh, and Cluck, and fried chicken.
---
smilie In loving memory. Was rejected for Imaginators. smilie

TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#11 Posted: 23:44:03 28/10/2016
Moar Plot, Moar Skylanders. Everything else is pretty freaking good!
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#12 Posted: 23:59:52 28/10/2016
More episodes!
26 episode season would be awesome.smilie
Love the main characters an everything else but with more episodes they could focus some episodes about a minor character in a season.
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#13 Posted: 00:15:55 29/10/2016
I want an episode where Spyro, Stealth Elf, Eruptor, Pop Fizz, Jet-Vac are captured, and Wind-Up, Trigger Happy, Flashwing, Food Fight, and Hex have to save them
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#14 Posted: 00:18:38 29/10/2016
First and foremost Hex. Even if Cynder doesn't introduce Malefor, I hope Hex becomes a Skylander and appear more often, since only 5 main characters every episode over and over again could become a bit tiring.

A look into Eon's and Kaossandra's past. I always speculated that those two knew each other and now I'm not even sure what they had. It's an interesting twist and might bring a bit more edge to the story.

The Darkness. It was already teased in the finale of Season 1 and I really want the Darkness to do some crazy sheep.

More Doom Raider action. I was satisfied with the appearance of the Doom Raiders in the first season and I hope they continue that in the next one.

More Skylanders of course. They don't even have to talk, just add a bit more of our favorite heroes instead of Mabu or things like Bad Breath.
#15 Posted: 00:20:12 29/10/2016
Oh, also, less "Man in drag" jokes. I get its part of classic cartoon villain stuff, but its kinda... iffy.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#16 Posted: 00:49:27 29/10/2016
If Malefor is indeed going to be in Season 2, then I think it'd make sense for Hex's team to have a more major role considering he's the reason she's undead. But then again they did say this is non-canon and some Skylanders backstories are going to be altered (which we've already seen done for Pop Fizz and Wolfgang, in the same episode) sooo...
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#17 Posted: 00:57:37 29/10/2016
I feel Malefor and the Darkness/Doom Raiders plus Kaos might be a bit much for the second season, unless they have him as a season opener villain and just kill him off there.

Also, only 5 main heroes is a thing you get used to when you watch a lot of Sentai. Wouldn't be surprised if they introduced a 6th character to the group in the second season, actually.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:59:06 29/10/2016 by Bionichute
#18 Posted: 01:01:11 29/10/2016
Considering Hex smiles and she only has one skull, yeah it's been heavily altered. She was already experienced before being recruited originally.
---
#19 Posted: 01:02:58 29/10/2016
Also, considering Pop Fizz's backstory in the games basically comes down to "Nobody knows who he is", who's to say he wasn't a rock star before hand?
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#20 Posted: 01:03:06 29/10/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bionichute
I feel Malefor and the Darkness/Doom Raiders plus Kaos might be a bit much for the second season, unless they have him as a season opener villain and just kill him off there.

Also, only 5 main heroes is a thing you get used to when you watch a lot of Sentai. Wouldn't be surprised if they introduced a 6th character to the group in the second season, actually.

Aaaand that's where Gill Grunt comes in!
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#21 Posted: 01:04:02 29/10/2016
I wouldn't mind Gill Grunt in this, honestly.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
#22 Posted: 01:12:57 29/10/2016
Maybe Jet Vac and Gill Grunt could butt heads a little as the commander of the team. Although, that might be tricky to do without erasing Episode 2's character arc for JV, so...
#23 Posted: 01:28:25 29/10/2016
Also, can we get at least ONE episode with weird al voicing a character!?
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#24 Posted: 01:28:38 29/10/2016
They are main characters, it's usally they are in every episode ... Minor characters like Hex could be a one episode arc in which she is in focus thogether with one of the 5 mains but that should be. Nothing more.
Every show has there main characters, they shouldn't change them.
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
#25 Posted: 01:31:43 29/10/2016
Yeah, but as I said in another show, this is a franchise with over 150 "main" characters. Eric did say that his plan is to keep Spyro and others but he still wants to show off everyone else eventually.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:31:58 29/10/2016 by Bifrost
#26 Posted: 01:36:30 29/10/2016
Ka-Boom's common appearances and schwarzenegger style voice gives me hope for others. If KA-BOOM can make it in as one of the two trap masters seen in the show, then i have hope for others.
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#27 Posted: 01:36:42 29/10/2016
Malefor.

That is all.
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
CelesteInk Blue Sparx Gems: 595
#28 Posted: 03:16:31 29/10/2016
A few things I'd like to see.

1. Fix the voices. If you can't get the voices for Broccoli Guy, Chompy Mage, Trigger Happy, and the others.... then get voice actors who sound like them. Don't turn high pitched insane Trigger Happy into a dudebro. Don't turn hilarious idiotic Chompy Mage into a scruffy tough guy. Please... stick to how their characters should be...

2. Accurate writing. I'm not the only one who noticed some inaccurate things in the writing, am I? The vehicles are not called "Superchargers". Skylanders who drive vehicles are Superchargers. If King Pen had the power to help with Imaginators this entire time, then why were they nowhere to be seen when Skylanders was taken over in the fifth game? Other things like this. As a huge fan of the series, I'm just getting a headache with things that don't piece together.

3. More jokes about the game mechanics. I loved these. Seeing Spyro stand on a platform that looked like a figure base, or seeing King Pen explaining Imaginators, or the jokes about catchphrases, these were great. I definitely want more jokes about the game mechanics. Maybe some jokes about upgrade paths, save files, or figure defects.

4. More characters... obviously. Maybe even less story for Jet Vac, Pop Fizz, Stealth Elf, and Eruptor, so we can see more story for the other elemental icons, say Hex, Terrafin (I'd prefer Dino Rang), Gill Grunt (I really wanted to see Gill Grunt smilie ), and Trigger Happy... as long as they change his awful new voice.
#29 Posted: 03:17:47 29/10/2016
Actually the vehicles ARE called Superchargers. The NPC's revered to them as a Supercharger.
---
#30 Posted: 03:21:48 29/10/2016
^Weren't they called "Supercharger Vehicles" and the Skylanders called "Supercharger"?
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#31 Posted: 03:23:46 29/10/2016
Quote: CelesteInk
2. Accurate writing. I'm not the only one who noticed some inaccurate things in the writing, am I? The vehicles are not called "Superchargers". Skylanders who drive vehicles are Superchargers. If King Pen had the power to help with Imaginators this entire time, then why were they nowhere to be seen when Skylanders was taken over in the fifth game? Other things like this. As a huge fan of the series, I'm just getting a headache with things that don't piece together.

Pretty sure it's been stated that this is an alternate timeline or something, meaning it's not canon (I'm not 100% sure though).
---
Dead
#32 Posted: 03:25:31 29/10/2016
Quote: Luminous35
Actually the vehicles ARE called Superchargers. The NPC's revered to them as a Supercharger.

Really? I thought they were called "Supercharger Vehicles" or Vehicles for short. I also agree, that bothered me a tiny bit

The voices don't bother me at all, though. They're fine to me. BG and CM are different than their game counterparts, but... I frankly like both interpretations equally. I wish they had gotten Alex Ness to reprise his role considering how he's an integral part of the franchise, but I understand the changes.
#33 Posted: 03:54:58 29/10/2016
Some of the npcs said something like "Use your Supercharger to do this zone" or whatever. Something like that. They said it in the first level and more.
---
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#34 Posted: 04:00:51 29/10/2016
Quote: mega spyro
Quote: CelesteInk

Pretty sure it's been stated that this is an alternate timeline or something, meaning it's not canon (I'm not 100% sure though).

Yeah the show is a spinoff, it's not connected to the games at all, Celeste.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#35 Posted: 04:59:30 29/10/2016
I can tell now. I'd like if a canon show that had episodes which were the backstories of the characters, were out, but eh. I liked the final episode. For a non-canon retelling of the story, the last ten minutes did some cool things. I hope season 2 takes that story in good places.
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#36 Posted: 13:47:03 29/10/2016
More trap masters : at least one of each element and let them work in cloud cracker prison.

Vechiles limited to the super chargers and have RB , Pop , JV , Trig and elfy use their respective vechiles.

A darker story I liked how the last few espodies got darker and the last epsoide was definitely my
favourite and had me wanting to see more.

More teams and going deep into some of the charcters back stories.

Cynder rembers spyro but He can't rember her...than Eon tells him that he died with Cynder a long time ago and they were both given another chance by the elders.

Bowser and Donkey kong in an episode.

Kaos falls in love with roller brawl.

More fight scenes.

Kaos's mom and Eon history....it would be cool if they used to be the same person but something happend and they got separated.

Couples I want to see skylander couples.
Spyro Lover122 Gold Sparx Gems: 2147
#37 Posted: 16:24:08 29/10/2016
A must-have is more older characters showing up in the episodes. We have quite a nice bunch already, but some of them don't have very big roles. I personally would like to see more dragon characters, including Cynder. Since she's been confirmed for S2 already, I really want them to look into her past and mention Malefor and her days of evil.

I also really want to see the original Doom Raiders together again. I wanted Krankcase (instead of Broccoli Guy :C) and Gulper to be included. I think there's still hope, since Gulper was mentioned, and Dreamcatcher didn't join them until they went to prison. Even if they just included Krankcase, who has more potential than BG, I would be very happy.

A few more serious moments would be nice too. They've got it going pretty good already, especially with that last episode. But I'd like to see a bit more action.

Other than that, I would like to find out more about the connections between some of the characters, like Kaossandra and Eon for example.
---
Whenever you reach too high, life smacks you down!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:19:45 29/10/2016 by Spyro Lover122
sprocketrocket Emerald Sparx Gems: 3679
#38 Posted: 17:56:47 29/10/2016
All I care about is the fact Kaosandra may not have evil motives! I mean the mother of the main villain secretly being a hero! Oh and more adult joke my favorites from this season were "sheeps gonna get real" and "Son of my mother!"

Sorry my requests are spoilery
---
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#39 Posted: 23:51:01 01/11/2016
^ Hmm, yeah, that's interesting. I mean, just because she's "dark" doesn't necessarily make her "evil".
And yeah, "Son of my mother" was the best line in the whole show.

BUT I just want to see more of the dragon Skylanders. I'm happy we saw Flashwing, and obviously Spyro, but I want to see more of them because they are arguably the best characters. X'D
Also yeah, more plot. It was a shame that the plot only kicked in like in the last two-three episodes, while the rest were basically cliché plots that almost every western cartoon has used. I'm fine will filler episodes though, I know that a series aimed at kids would need them, but I would prefer it if they didn't use such overused plots, ya'know? And yeah, the morals of the episodes need to be a bit more subtle, ehehe.
And I personally don't believe that the animation needs fixing? I think it's brilliant for a cartoon, I'm sure you can't give an example of a kids cartoon with such good looks and animation. I loved how you could see the reflections in the characters eyes. <333 And the lighting was so lovely too.
There's probably more that I'd like to see, but that's all I can think of right now. >.<'
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
Glitchy Witchy Blue Sparx Gems: 911
#40 Posted: 12:38:00 04/02/2017
My only hope was to see Kaos and Glum reunited.

Reading through the thread, there are so many things to hope for.

I actually hope to see a little more backstory to the main characters. I think Eruptor could need a little love, not having that much screentime (compared to the other main characters), but I would love to hear more backstory for all of them.
That said, having focus on both new and already existing background characters would be nice too.

Background or more info about Eon and Kaossandra. Their relationship, but themselves as well. I really need something to convince me that Eon is as awesome as he should be. For me, Eon annoyed me, because he seemed like such and important character, there never really... did anything. I don't mind a serious, important character being comic relief every once in a while... but that was not what Eon did for me. He was portrayed as a serious character, but never did anything that made me believe he was... If that makes sense.

But what I'm looking forward to the most is how Glumshanks and Kaos reunite. If it will even be in season 2 (which I hope), how far into the season, etc.
I just think they make a perfect duo, and it breaks my heart seeing them apart ;w;

All in all, I'm just really looking forward to it. I've waited for the second season ever since I finished the show the first time. Which was a couple of days after airing... By the Gods I love this show!
---
''Ah'm all about, hilarity!''
omer1698 Gold Sparx Gems: 2258
#41 Posted: 12:49:39 04/02/2017
Basicly more skylanders, mabey a rivel or a love intrest. I know those are commen tropes but it dasent necessarily a bad thing. Mabey see some of the npcs from the games like cali, buzz, tessa, mags and i know that is an unpopulier opinion but its mine and i want it, see flynn.

An episode for dark spyro. It could be a graet opportunity in "the skylands are falling" to make a tease for dark spyro. Imagine with me: spyro sleep in his bad after the events of the episode, suddenly spyro wake up frightening with his eyes glow in purple for a few secands. "Just a bad dream" say spyro and goes back to sleep.

More info on eon\kaossandra relationship. Somthing happend beatween those two and i want to know more. Allso more info on this "graet war" eon was talking about, somthing tell me that this can be a huge detail in the portal masters history.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
#42 Posted: 13:13:20 04/02/2017
Now that Cynder's 100% in, Malefor pls.
---
#43 Posted: 17:16:48 04/02/2017
Malefore...serious and dark plot
More scenes of jet-vac laying eggs lol
Bowser and DK https://twitter.com/medx974/status/827921432235606016
There is a possibility BTW.
New charcerts that aren't in the games...a Hunk for goldy
Eon and Kaossandera's history
Kaos falling in love with roller brawl and kidnapping her brothers
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:17:35 04/02/2017 by KingMed
#44 Posted: 17:19:12 04/02/2017
oh i almost forgot!

to find out what the **** that dark and creepy thing was in kassandra book. the darkness? or something worse?...
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:20:09 04/02/2017 by omer1698
#45 Posted: 19:34:28 04/02/2017
They did mention Cynder's dark history so Malefore is pretty much confirmed...it would be cool seeing him outside of the comics smilie)
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#46 Posted: 23:56:26 04/02/2017
+1 for Dr. Krankcase appearing. Thought I'm willing to bet if he did he wouldn't be voiced by Quinton Flynn and that'd make me sad.
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#47 Posted: 11:21:16 05/02/2017
I'm really hoping for an epsoide where the super chargers get assigned.
I Talked to Eric about this concept and asked him if Bowser and DK would be included he said that they are trying to do that with the show.
I Really want to see splat , astroblast , gillgrunt , roller brawl , spitfire and nightfall all in the same team in the show smilie
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#48 Posted: 15:52:23 05/02/2017
How would you even put Bowser & DK in Academy (I mean, assuming Ninty gave the thumb's up)? The only times Bowser spoke in full and complete sentences were the weird anime movie from the 80's, DiC cartoons, and Super Mario Sunshine and after that last one Nintendo vowed he'd only do grunts and roars for all eternity. DK's even worse, since his full speech is limited to the infamous CGI cartoon he was in. >.>
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#49 Posted: 15:55:24 05/02/2017
Quote: HIR
How would you even put Bowser & DK in Academy (I mean, assuming Ninty gave the thumb's up)? The only times Bowser spoke in full and complete sentences were the weird anime movie from the 80's, DiC cartoons, and Super Mario Sunshine and after that last one Nintendo vowed he'd only do grunts and roars for all eternity. DK's even worse, since his full speech is limited to the infamous CGI cartoon he was in. >.>

well technically he talks in the mario and luigi rpg series but he dasent make a sound exapt the grumts and roars you menthind.

and allso we thogut that crash will nenver be in the show and look how that turnd out.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me