First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Nerfed Skylanders
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#51 Posted: 09:31:40 02/11/2016
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
Quote: Drek95
A thing I noticed today: Fling Kong's cymbals-like attack does have hitstun.

Don't remember if he were like this in Trap Team and definitely haven't tried him in SuperChargers, but this may mean there are other TfB characters with that feature.
What's even weirder is that it's not a melee attack, he just generates sound waves, yet they make him stop even if he's far from the enemy they hit.

He seems to have the same problem Free Ranger's wind blast dones. I've noticed Snapshot's jump slam has hitstun too and so does Flip Wreak's spout attack.

I have to try Snap Shot better, but never noticed Flip Wreck's hitstun and I've played as him a lot lately: probably used that attack only for small one-hit-KO enemies.

I guess they might have been like this in SuperChargers as well, and this could mean V.V. tried to remove that mechanic from TfB characters but didn't manage to do it completely for everyone.
Kudos to them, in this case.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
JCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1540
#52 Posted: 21:46:09 02/11/2016
Yeah i noticed older skylanders not being as good as they were. Since I've been working on leveling up, I've only used my eon's elite Stealth elf for the speed run, and I noticed she had trouble in further fights trying to do more damage.

Disappointing cuz she's able to put the smack down on Koas nightmare more in SC. Disappointing if you ask me. Though really just the 'oldlanders nerfed' is just one more reason I'm pretty disappointed in this game.
---
Main Team: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
~N~
Veggie Power Yellow Sparx Gems: 1067
#53 Posted: 02:55:04 03/11/2016
What about Knight Light? Is he still insanely broken like he was in Trap Team (and to a lesser extent Superchargers)?
---
smilie
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#54 Posted: 09:28:51 03/11/2016
Quote: Veggie Power
What about Knight Light? Is he still insanely broken like he was in Trap Team (and to a lesser extent Superchargers)?

I only used him once, but he literally obliterated all the enemies.
I absolutely didn't remember him to be so powerful.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#55 Posted: 19:42:52 03/11/2016
Quote: Veggie Power

When you use his secondary attack he slow down (like when you hit the dummies in Superchargers) (yeah, he's still powerful but they fixed the spamming).
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#56 Posted: 19:52:11 03/11/2016
At least it seems more balanced than Trap Team.
---
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#57 Posted: 20:36:38 03/11/2016
I know I'm probably gonna sound like a sadomasochist for this, but I actually kinda like playing as the older characters on occasion. Even the ones with hitstun. Kinda makes the game a bit more challenging.

I don't really have too much of an issue with the Senseis being stronger than other Skylanders, since I don't think it's by that much depending on who you're comparing to who. I do kinda feel somewhat off about the Imaginators though (which is kind of bad since they're the main selling point for the game) since they can really mop the floor with enemies with the right gear and weapons. Just look at Buuzer's videos (Though I believe he plays on Easy difficulty, but still those damage numbers don't lie). That plus the fact that they can go beyond Level 20 makes me feel like they're too perfect for a Nightmare playthrough, hence why I decided to only use older characters whenever I get around to doing that.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Sworn2Skylands Yellow Sparx Gems: 1353
#58 Posted: 23:34:36 04/11/2016
Even though I could sense this a bit, I didn't really start noticing it until I started testing retro Skylanders that came before Imaginators in Fizzland, at which point THAT was when I realized the inequity that was present in this game between current Skylanders and past Skylanders.

Based on my observations, it seems like the retro Skylanders have had their stats just sundered and ripped to shreds so they are no longer that relevant. It really surprised me how some of my old aces in the hole like my Prince of Darkness Blackout could come so close to losing in places like Shellmont Shores. Of course, I play on hard-equivalent difficulty, but this was really a nasty surprise. Winning with retro Skylanders isn't impossible of course, but it's certainly a spike in difficulty compared to using most senseis or imaginators.

The only consistently effective retro Skylanders I have found so far are these:

Series 3 Blitz Spyro... Spyro: Spyro's charge attack is good for consecutive attacks and stunning foes on this path, and his flame breath is still a solid 3-way projectile. He's good for harder levels.

Cannonball Runner Ka-Boom: Kaboom's 3-cannonballs-per-shot attacks that bounce off of everything are good for spreading the damage around and I think his cannon jump attack may even stun enemies anyway, even if you don't have him on the other path and his missile shots from above (when fully charged) can do lots of damage and possibly even keep up with some senseis attacks (like Ember's attack 1 hits) at raw damage output.

Speed Demon Spitfire: Spitfire's flexible charges that go through enemies, in a 'Z' shape and in a long straight line are awesome for controlling crowds and dealing damage. His fiery tornadoes rock too! I had little trouble when using him, despite his low stats.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#59 Posted: 23:45:29 04/11/2016
Yeah, Spyro and Spitfire have consistently been called flat out good in Imaginators Looks like TfB found they're favorite VV Skylander next to Fryno, hahaha.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#60 Posted: 00:41:04 05/11/2016
Smash Hit is still pretty good and can dish out some serious damage, especially with his Soul Gem. He does have hit stun, though.

I also tried out Fryno and Hex and did all right with them, but mostly because I was playing with them in areas where their elements were stronger.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#61 Posted: 19:08:16 05/11/2016
During the dev stream on Extra Life going on right now, there was a question about these kinds of changes, and apparently most of them are a side effect of damage numbers and converting to new engines, and they don't do a whole lot of deliberate frame changes and nerfs unless it's really apparent.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:08:56 05/11/2016 by Bifrost
diddy50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2554
#62 Posted: 19:55:31 05/11/2016
Could they patch this? OR better yet, would they? Doubtful.
Zekrom Prime Blue Sparx Gems: 816
#63 Posted: 19:58:03 17/06/2017
Quote: juarmo
Quote: Muffin Man
Quote: Darksteelforge
I normally only play with characters of the same series of the current game, because they have been doing this for quite some while (since Giants).

I think it's a good bit worse now though. I've always done a solo playthrough of each game on normal mode using just Spyro, and I've never had trouble with it until Imaginators. I feel like I need to use Eon's Elite Spyro in order to be on the same playing field as the new figures (especially the imaginators who are just insane).

What'd you expect?
The Sorcerer Doomlander gave Spyro and Stealth Elf a hard time in the opening trailer. The 1st boss of the game!
And that was before Kaos powered him up before his fight with you. He was actually weaker than he was when you take him on, and Spyro and Stealth Elf still got rekt.
Clearly the old guys are in over their heads.

And the senei just show off
This game was disappointing as hell
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#64 Posted: 21:05:14 17/06/2017
The Core characters except for maybe Deja-vu , Flashwing and a few are extremely weak in this game and they die easily.

All of my Super chargers are extremely weak in this game except for astroblast and Bone Bash roller braw.

The Trap masters are ok to use.

The Swap force guys are ok I guess but they take a long time to defeat enimes.

I hate using the giants in this game not only are they super slow ,but they are weak too.
sky-dragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3206
#65 Posted: 06:33:33 18/06/2017
My fully max l chop chop with max heroic challenges became so weak in this game all my ssa characters are weak In Imaginators even if there max level
---
"ryuujin no ken wo kurae!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:34:10 18/06/2017 by sky-dragon
Halvmorke Emerald Sparx Gems: 4411
#66 Posted: 10:40:48 18/06/2017
Quote: Drek95
Well, I'm currently playing at Medium and fights are definitely hard for the older Skylanders even if inside their Elemental Areas.

It isn't necessarily bad, I prefer it over SuperChargers fights but they should balance things better.
Crash and Cortex are pretty weak for Senseis' standards, though.

Cortex... weak? The **** are you talking about? He's a beast! Once he's fully upgraded in the Gadgets Galore path, he easily cleans the stage no matter how many and powerful enemies arise.

Crash is hard to use, but once you're used to his gameplay, he's really great. I love him. And he's the brawler sensei with the highest power stat.
---
Elite: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Senseis: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
JLrosen Yellow Sparx Gems: 1110
#67 Posted: 15:59:04 21/06/2017
Any playable Skylander being demoted to NPCs. 'Nuff said.
---
What is there left for this franchise?!
JohnnySmasher42 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3063
#68 Posted: 18:15:06 21/06/2017
Me being a nightmare only player, I felt the nerfs the hardest out of everybody. I honestly thought old characters were unusable...
Until I figured out that an old character in an elemental zone is actually playable!
Unless they're complete trash like Dive Clops or Fiesta smilie
However, there are other characters that actually become gods of destruction with elemental buffs!
Exhibit A: Jawbreaker
Jawbreaker is one of the few old characters that can actually stand their ground without elemental buffs. He does 50 damage per punch, which wouldn't be all that much, until you find out that THEY BUFFED HIS PUNCHING SPEED SO THAT HE PUNCHES WHENEVER YOU PRESS THE BUTTON NO MATTER HOW FAST
Basically, that means that you could be pressing the attack button at mach 4 speed and Jawvreaker could be going ape****, like Stormblade or a quickshot imaginator.
So put him in a tech element zone and yeah, he does almost 100 per hit. Yikes.
Exhibit B: Tread Head
Put him in a tech zone and just run everybody over. It's that simple.
Exhibit C: Turbo Charge Donkey Kong
DK can heal himself on top of the fact that he just hits really hard, so yeah he's broken. Just make sure he's in an elemental zone, or else he won't really stand a chance.
Exhibit D: Snap Shot
It's all about that charge shot. Spam the **** out of it in a water zone and he'll make quick work of those guys
There are of course other characters that work great in their respective zones like Bushwack, Hammer Slam Bowser, Stormblade, Deep Dive Gill Grunt, Rattle Shake, Rubble Rouser, and the most obvious choice:
Drobot
Also there are obviously plenty of characters I haven't tested, probably bc I don't have them or bc I just use Senseis and Imaginators 99% of the time I play this game.
If you're gonna wanna use old guys all the time, just play on medium.
Hope my little PSA helped
---
Skylanders is dead and Activision killed it
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me