Forum

Poll

Favourite CTR:NF Spyro skin?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > Announcing The Nintendo Switch (a.k.a Nintendo NX)
First | Previous | Page 3 of 3
1 2 3
Announcing The Nintendo Switch (a.k.a Nintendo NX)
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#101 Posted: 14:49:07 21/10/2016
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
Well let's not jump to conclusions just yet everyone!

If you honestly think that the Switch is as powerful as either the PS4 or Xbox One, then you're completely delusional. No offense, of course, but it simply cannot be.

So what? I care more about how fun the games are going to be rather than how powerful the machine is. I've actually had an XBox 360 for a while, and I'm kind of struggling to find anything I want to play for the system. Why did I get it then? Fighting games, that's why. Nintendo Consoles don't have a lot of those, and as much as I was begging myself to like Pokken, I just couldn't find it in me. But at the same time, I like just about everything else about the WiiU compared to the competitors more. It has more platformers, more color in its games, more whimsical tones, stuff that I really wish the Microsoft and Sony platforms had more of that they have hardly any of. And honestly, I tend to have more fun with more whimsical games than games that take themselves too seriously. If the Switch has the kind of games I like, then I could care less about how powerful it is.
Bifrost Platinum Sparx Gems: 7135
#102 Posted: 14:56:57 21/10/2016
Well, as people said, in this gen you might as well get a Switch and a good PC if you want the most bang for your buck, unless you're really itching for some MS/Sony exclusives(though with Crash Remasters you don't even need to get the next PS yet). The other consoles are trying to be PCs more than ever while Nintendo just does their own thing, for better or worse.
---
I do art!
MAHARI YUWARE GAAIE SABANARE
AMARE DIRAHI JUMAGI GANASHARA
Drawdler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3118
#103 Posted: 15:16:12 21/10/2016
I'm getting a PS4 before this thing purely for Crash remasters.
I've wanted Warped remake for too long.
/gushing over getting Warped remake over
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 8982
#104 Posted: 15:39:19 21/10/2016
And I got my PS4 for Ratchet & Clank... and I don't regret the decision. *shrug*
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#105 Posted: 16:22:02 21/10/2016
I meant you can stick to the PS4 because the new version doesn't have much going for it, and until the PS5 gets announced the Switch will probably have a good library, hopefully.
---
I do art!
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 6159
#106 Posted: 18:07:05 21/10/2016
Is it just me, or is the Switch what the Wii U should have been? I don't know if the tech wasn't available in 2012 when the Wii U came out, but I can't help but think that the Switch is what the Wii U was trying to do, for example the portable tablet-like controller instead of this weird hybrid thing that the Wii U was trying to pull off?

Anyway, thank god Nintendo went away from the Wii name. That name has been damaged since 2009.
---
'If God is wise, why is he still, when these false prophets call him friend"
Motörhead - God Was Never On Your Side - Kiss of Death (2006)
CountMoneyBone Emerald Sparx Gems: 3267
#107 Posted: 19:06:15 21/10/2016
if you like skylanders i would only advice to get the ps4 or the xbone for the future coming games.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#108 Posted: 19:21:42 21/10/2016
Quote: CountMoneyBone
if you like skylanders i would only advice to get the ps4 or the xbone for the future coming games.

Why? You don't think they'll come to the Switch? Activision was listed as one of the third-party publishers for the thing.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#109 Posted: 19:40:35 21/10/2016

I wouldn't be surprised if the next game has Switch.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:44:57 21/10/2016 by Aura24
Muffin Man Emerald Sparx Gems: 3603
#110 Posted: 20:13:50 21/10/2016
Thank god Nintendo is finally giving up on goofy gimmicky control schemes and instead focusing on a more practical functionality. I've been juggling between my Wii U and 3DS for the past three years and it'll be nice to have it all on one device.

As far as graphics go, I'll be satisfied as long as it's at least somewhat more powerful than the Wii U.

And then not be able to play as Donkey Kong and Bowser? No way Jose!
---
whoever reads this shall succumb to the ways of the Muffin
Sesshomaru75 Platinum Sparx [online] Gems: 6378
#111 Posted: 20:17:24 21/10/2016 | Topic Creator
Edit:
Also, on the subject of the 3DS, there are numerous rumors flying around that Nintendo plans to continue support for the 3DS up until 2018/2019.
It would make sense, since the only reason they're completely dropping and discontinuing the Wii U is because it was a major flop.
The 3DS, on the other hand, has been extremely successful. Now of course "support" could mean just continued production and limited first-party support, but I digress.

Quote: MugoUrth
-snip-

You seem to be under the impression that I'm trying to completely discredit the Switch of any possibility of being an innovative, unique, and enjoyable console.
I was merely stating that it won't be as powerful as either the PS4 or Xbox One. (Even if it ends up being a lot closer in power than the Wii U was)
I wasn't speaking about the experience of the console itself, the quality of the games on it, or anything of the like. Purely the power of it, nothing more.

I, for one, am actually quite excited and looking forward to it, so I'm not trying to completely discredit it.
As HIR put it, the PS4 and Xbox One basically try to emulate the experience of PC gaming. Now that's not necessarily a bad thing, but it doesn't always work.
(That said, I really want a PS4 Pro - Though I can certainly see where you're coming from about the lack of more colorful, vibrant games on either the PS4 or Xbox One)

Nintendo, however, is always striving to offer a unique and innovative gaming experience that you can't get while playing on a PC.
Their innovations are what separate them from their competitors, and it is what makes them so great.
(Although sometimes their innovations don't always exactly hit the mark, like the Wii U - Which I do enjoy, but I cannot excuse a lot of its problems)
Nintendo's games are also usually a lot more colorful, or - as you put it - "whimsical", than their competitors as well.

The Switch is already quite innovative by acting as both a home AND handheld console, something of which hasn't been done before in such a way.
This is an amazing idea for multiple reasons. You have people who don't like handheld gaming all that much. So now they can just hook that mother****er up to their TV.
You also have people that prefer handheld gaming. Well guess what? You can take that **** on the go too.

I think that the Switch will be a MAJOR improvement over the Wii U, as it is basically what the Wii U was meant to be, albeit more powerful.
The Switch's innovation may also be almost as great - if not greater - as the Wii's.
However, that said, while I'm sure it can offer fun and unique experiences, that doesn't mean that they shouldn't strive to make their consoles more powerful.

Making a more powerful console doesn't entirely mean or equal to only having more gritty, less colorful games.
(Obviously you can have more of those, but that's not inherently a bad thing whatsoever)
With a more powerful console, you can also make your colorful and whimsical games even more colorful and breathtaking, as well as improve the gameplay experience.

Tl;dr:
So yeah, I wasn't trying to diss the Switch, just merely pointing out that it isn't as powerful as its competitors.
Which isn't necessarily a terrible thing, mind you, but they can do a lot more if they make their consoles more powerful is all I'm saying.
---
A sword wields no strength unless the hand that holds it has courage.
Edited 7 times - Last edited at 20:40:14 21/10/2016 by Sesshomaru75
willster8 Gold Sparx Gems: 2383
#112 Posted: 05:01:50 25/10/2016
Not really sure wether or not I'll be getting one but...

This is basically the product of the Wii U and 3DS mating and then going ham with some steroids.
Bolt Hunter Gems: 5873
#113 Posted: 05:36:43 25/10/2016
^ Ha, that's an interesting way of putting it ... but I agree. X'D
But yeah, doubt I'll be getting one. The last Nintendo thing I got was the 3DS, and too be honest I'm not a fan of most of the Nintendo exclusives so I don't think I'll be missing out, personally.
I really do like the idea of the Switch though, it's a nice change!
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
fyra Platinum Sparx Gems: 5568
#114 Posted: 12:51:26 25/10/2016
In my case I will surely get it because of the fact it's a handeld that you can link to the tv also the new Dragon Quest will launch on it,I m also sure we will get lots of great games especially rpg and maybe I hope a Spyro remaster.
---
Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope but sometime fear cloud our visions, sometime our strength give out....
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#115 Posted: 13:50:58 25/10/2016
Quote: Bolt
I really do like the idea of the Switch though, it's a nice change!

Don't you mean it's a nice switch?
AHAHAHAHAHAHA, HAHAHAHA, haha... ha...

But in all seriousness I think I might wait to get it as a birthday present.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
emeraldzoroark Emerald Sparx Gems: 3121
#116 Posted: 16:41:56 25/10/2016
I'm looking forward to this. I know the graphics won't be the best but honestly, if I cared, Explorers of Sky wouldn't be my favourite game.
---
This avatar will be a reminder of my ultimate goal.
Even if I can’t bring it to Gen 8.
henryszuch Gold Sparx Gems: 2545
#117 Posted: 20:23:03 25/10/2016
My birthday is in January, so considering Hanukkah is late this year I'll probably ask for the Switch as a combined late present.
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#118 Posted: 15:14:03 26/10/2016
So games huh

Mario Kart 8?
Splatoon?
Super Mario Switch(Not Official)

Just a few I found interseting
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
spyrothe111 Ripto Gems: 3702
#119 Posted: 10:31:39 27/10/2016
Looks interesting, can't wait to see what the new Mario game is like.
Kat-Kun Green Sparx Gems: 415
#120 Posted: 07:57:21 28/10/2016
For a console that small, it has amazing graphics as good as a PS4!
---
Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the waaaaaay!
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#121 Posted: 08:02:05 28/10/2016
Quote: Kat-Kun

source
Kat-Kun Green Sparx Gems: 415
#122 Posted: 08:32:41 28/10/2016
Quote: StriderSwag
Quote: Kat-Kun

source

The trailer. Isn't it OBVIOUS?
---
Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the waaaaaay!
#123 Posted: 10:48:56 28/10/2016
No, because it's very foolish to assume specs from a trailer, supposed to showcase good things about the console and not if it's weaker than X.
---
I do art!
First | Previous | Page 3 of 3
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me