Page 1 of 1
Biggest Fan of SSC AMA
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#1 Posted: 15:32:36 07/10/2016 | Topic Creator
Hello! I, seemingly, am the biggest fan of SSC on this forum. So, why not ask my questions about why I like it so much?
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
abstractsardine Gold Sparx Gems: 2244
#2 Posted: 20:05:07 07/10/2016
Why do you like it so much?
#3 Posted: 20:05:49 07/10/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: abstractsardine
Why do you like it so much?

Cuz it's amazing
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
GaiaMemories Emerald Sparx Gems: 3753
#4 Posted: 00:03:43 08/10/2016
It's obviously just some fanboy getting payed by Activision to talk good about the game/s.
---
Hahahahaha
Takadox360 Gold Sparx Gems: 2852
#5 Posted: 07:09:08 08/10/2016
How does it feel to be the most hated person on darkspyro?
---
i am trash
Alphawolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1692
#6 Posted: 09:15:57 08/10/2016
man things got dark fast lol. the salt is real. i actually liked superchargers. the driving and flying parts were fun and broke up the levels nicely, the side scroll water parts i can do without, to slow paced. the dragon level is probably my top level of the games ive played (only played sf, tt and ssc so far but i got giants and sa). i think skylanders might have a future of sort to be a kind of mario cart clone that is separate from the normal games.
#7 Posted: 13:32:24 08/10/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: Drawdler
What tragedy occured in your childhood to create such terrible taste?

I don't know I'm to drowsy to think of a witty come back.

Quote: Takadox360
How does it feel to be the most hated person on darkspyro?

Shouldn't you ask yourself this?
---
Takadox360 Gold Sparx Gems: 2852
#8 Posted: 13:59:31 08/10/2016
Nice one lol
---
i am trash
a cat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1641
#9 Posted: 19:31:30 09/10/2016
I liked this game, best levels, though miss the villains....
---
GRAND TOTAL SKYLANDERS: 540
Echo2VX Gold Sparx Gems: 2918
#10 Posted: 22:10:55 09/10/2016
I love racing games like Mario Kart. So I had a blast with this game, and it is still one of my least favorite Skylander games.
---
Together, we can stop sheep abuse!
Top 10: smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#11 Posted: 17:33:09 10/10/2016
Should I buy Sea Shadow or Riptide ?
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
#12 Posted: 17:37:38 10/10/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: Dark fhoenix

Riptide. He has better value as you can use him at all times in Imaginators. Sea Shadow will be provided for you in Imaginators racing mode, I think.
---
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#13 Posted: 17:43:27 10/10/2016
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

Riptide. He has better value as you can use him at all times in Imaginators. Sea Shadow will be provided for you in Imaginators racing mode, I think.

Oops sorry I meant to say Reef Ripper
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
#14 Posted: 17:49:30 10/10/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

Oops sorry I meant to say Reef Ripper

Reef Ripper then!
---
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#15 Posted: 01:28:42 24/10/2016
I actually like the game because of the low amount of crap you have to buy...

TFB is back with their glitchy product Imaginators forcing us to buy crystals and senseis which are gonna be useless in the next game

saltsaltsaltsaltsaltsaltsaltsaltsalt
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:30:30 24/10/2016 by Kevin16
Earth-Dragon Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#16 Posted: 19:42:00 11/11/2017
Quote: Kevin16

TFB is back with their glitchy product Imaginators forcing us to buy crystals and senseis which are gonna be useless in the next game

Honestly im just glad other people notice at this point. When no one does, that what’s frustrating. We can have the best of both worlds. VV did a lot extremely well in their two games. Stuff that TfB missed. Neither of their games were the cash grab monstrosities that are TT and SI.

Best advice I can give people for the VV games: they look better to the people who play them on Xbox and PS. Don’t pick them up for the Nintendo.
---
Glad heroic challenges are gone. Imagine doing 165 per skylander. That's 27225 challenges. No thank you.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#17 Posted: 01:49:50 12/11/2017
Quote: Earth-Dragon
Quote: Kevin16

Honestly im just glad other people notice at this point. When no one does, that what’s frustrating. We can have the best of both worlds. VV did a lot extremely well in their two games. Stuff that TfB missed. Neither of their games were the cash grab monstrosities that are TT and SI.

Best advice I can give people for the VV games: they look better to the people who play them on Xbox and PS. Don’t pick them up for the Nintendo.

Call me a TfB fanboy if you want, but I still think that's incredibly subjective.
Not in terms of how much there is to buy, nor how many of those purchases are required to unlock important content, but the fact that's such a negative factor.

I'd gladly buy tons of figures if I found them to be worth it.
And yeah, both Trap Team and Imaginators proved that to me, with all their glitches and flaws.

Can't say the same for V.V.'s titles, especially SuperChargers.
You buy one Sea vehicle and you've basically no reason to buy more: which is good in terms of "mandatory" purchases, not in terms of gameplay variety; there are some minor differences when racing, but seriously, do we really want to compare them to the Skylanders...?
So if I wanted to buy more vehicles of the same terrain type, I'd still get nothing worth the price in return.

And since we like to talk about dropping or reducing compatibility so much, who were the first to do it...?
Yup, V.V. with older Adventure Packs, in SWAP Force.
And who were the first ones to do it with gimmick figures...?
Yup again, V.V. with traps, in SuperChargers.
And they (or Activision, doesn't matter in this case since we are still talking about the game itself) also mocked us with Trophies, which let us play as villains but only on vehicles.
Just what I wanted to do in my Skylanders game.

TfB instead turned some of those trappable villains into full-fledged characters with upgrades and figures.

Creation Crystals weren't even mandatory in any way, unlike Land vehicles, one of which had to constantly be on the Portal to simply make the game work.
No vehicle, no SuperChargers.
That's definitely consumer friendly, isn't it?

Other than that, like what you like.
I have many different reasons to prefer TfB over V.V., but that doesn't mean I find them to be superior in everything, nor that I haven't liked what the other team had to offer.
Some of my favorite Skylanders come from their minds.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#18 Posted: 02:01:49 12/11/2017 | Topic Creator
Well, I mean I doubt the lack of backwards compatibility was by a "screw that" choice. I'm sure they wanted to do it if they could.Old APs in Swap Force likely were cut to focus on the new ones (As would make total, understandable sense),and for time reasons. Giants DID get those chests, it's not much, but it's something.

As for Traps, it makes sense, seeing what we got in Imaginators. They probably wanted to do it, but once hearing about the Villains in Imaginators, it was likely dropped due to that. Racing as Villains was likely their only way around it, and they likely didn't want to mock us with it. Acti also probably wanted that out to focus on vehicles as well.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:03:16 12/11/2017 by HeyitsHotDog
#19 Posted: 02:18:56 12/11/2017
Giants were fine in SWAP Force.
You could argue that Trap Team also brought back throwable boulders and destroyable walls, but they were still rarely seen and hardly impacted the actual gameplay most of the time.

I do completely understand the reason under V.V.'s choice in SWAP Force, they would have also needed tweaks to work with jumping and a complete graphical overhaul.
I was simply stating the fact they were the actual first items to receive a major partial nerf in terms of compatibility, since people were associating that to TfB.

I however find it harder to understand and excuse traps in SuperChargers.
One thing I can say is that it was the first game which had to deal with non-Skylanders gimmick figures, but even so Imaginators showed how you can reduce the use of a figure without ruining its functionalities.
There were other ways traps could have been kept more interesting and true to their original function, unlocking cards was already a step in the right direction but it stopped there.

I do agree on saying Activision probably had too much power on the games than they should have.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#20 Posted: 02:28:43 12/11/2017 | Topic Creator
The lack of proper trap usage in SSC likely was what I said, the villains were going to be playable characters in Imaginators and VV decided to drop the villains as characters, yes you COULD have them in SSC as playabale characters, it'd be great too, but what about the next game? How would traps work? Would they be playable? Would my Trapped Wolfgang would the same as Sensei Wolfgang? If not, why? What about the other Villains, how come they didn't get new paths and such like the villain senseis?

It might be a more complicated reason than we think, as I guessed above.
---
#21 Posted: 03:04:03 12/11/2017
They might have found out what TfB had in store for Imaginators, but I personally don't think that was the main reason.

Portal Masters posses power over time, which is why you can use a Skylander inside a level where he/she is also a Storyteller.
You could have had restricted area where you could have used your villains; Eon is imprisoned iside Traptanium during the start of the game, why not have special Traptanium-made areas scattered around the chapters?
Or even just some areas to play around with them in the Academy.

Not even Imaginators bothered to answer why traps can't be used anymore, so clearly that's not a problem for both developers.

But yeah, I too think there's definitely more than what we think behind the decision.
Just pointing out it could have been done, and those are just the first ideas which came to my mind.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Earth-Dragon Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#22 Posted: 03:42:08 12/11/2017
Gimmicks have become more the Achilles heel of the series then the saving grace. As I pointed out in another thread, every gimmick and extra, to just include any standard skylander and their series Xs with bonus powers, still have to be worked to ensure they are all working properly. I can only imagine the guy have to deal with all the swappers on that lava bike....probably didn’t just take him the day that’s for sure trying to find the exact right seating position that had to work for all body and leg combos.

And as for the cash grab: it’s more objective then subjective. The subjectivity is what content do YOU want access to versus the objective of which game gives me a higher percentage of the content with minimal extra purchasing. As for Swap Force, if you had the previous two starter packs and a 2nd controller, the only thing you were missing was an Earth Skylander and you had access to everything but the “utility” Challanges. That’s pretty awesome bang for the buck. And the Stealth Elf worked in the previous two games, encouraging people to buy those earlier installments.

As far as accessibility and casual friendly, swap Force tops it. (Remember, the first two required the entire collection if you wanted all Heroic Challanges, but they were playable by all characters, giving lots more replay value versus Trap Teams Villian Challanges, only playable by the villian themself)

Again looking Objectively at Superchargers, the Sky and Sea racing packs provided two tracks, access to a circuit, 4 villian chases which then unlocked 4 unique racers, Access to all story mode areas of the associated type, thus gaining access to EVERYTHING story with those two purchases after the main game and no other (which could have been even cheaper if you just bought an air and sea vehicle if that’s the only thing you desired), gave you access to the elemental challenge of the associated element, the SC challange of the associated combo, and of course the ability to play with the provided figures with their unique move sets.

So even in Spyros Adventure, to gain access to everything Story (meaning obtaining 3 stars on all the main story chapters) it cost you a minimum of $36 extra bones to fill out the elements (a triple and a pair of singles). SC was $30 for the pair of vehicles, while giving you the (subjective) incentive of doubling for a large percentage of post/side game content.

My only point here is it should be noted and respected at the attempt to streamline more of the content to the end user. To access all story gates in both TT and SI, I’ll need to shell $120 for the other 8 elements. That’s not mentioning anything about the other half of the “combo” gimmicks in those games.
---
Glad heroic challenges are gone. Imagine doing 165 per skylander. That's 27225 challenges. No thank you.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me