darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > new characters and villains !?!?!?!
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3
new characters and villains !?!?!?!
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#1 Posted: 06:09:37 05/07/2016 | Topic Creator
Came across this little gold mine while blog surfing. Dark spyro may explode .
There's lots in this iMage to discuss. But I'll get the ball rolling with ...

HOODSICKLE & BAD JUJU

Enjoy smilie

[User Posted Image]

This is the main pic but the Blog site also has some slightly interesting things in other photos.
http://www.thebrickcastle.com/...skylanders.html
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:19:34 05/07/2016 by B-BOB358
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#2 Posted: 06:41:35 05/07/2016
Maybe Hoodsickle is being reassigned to the Dark element?
---
Boop me if you see this.
#3 Posted: 06:52:43 05/07/2016 | Topic Creator
Hood sickle is confusing but he was one of my favourites so whatever. I doubt they would've reassigned him to dark though. seems an odd move . And I suppose the villains don't need to be exactly 1 per element , as even classes are mire important than elements for this game. But I am worried if he took the place of someone else. But maybe he and or Wolfgang were the 11th villains as they were both really popular , so they could've decided to use both.

I think we have all our tech senseis now though:

Sentinel girl with satellite dish on her back
Swashbuckler barbarian man ( he looks amazing )
And crank case quick shot

The swashbuckler with Eons helmet seems a little dull and she Could easily be water,air or light

Does anyone else find the smasher familiar? I swear I've seen that before and not just because it looks like bad juju
---
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 07:01:38 05/07/2016 by B-BOB358
#4 Posted: 06:57:57 05/07/2016
Here's what I think the elements are:

[User Posted Image]
---
Boop me if you see this.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#5 Posted: 07:06:05 05/07/2016
Bad Jujuu~! YEEESSSS!
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
SoulfulWolf Platinum Sparx Gems: 5782
#6 Posted: 07:06:24 05/07/2016
Huh. Not sure how to feel about this, on several levels. I'm not sure I buy this, so to speak. While the new characters look decent, the art style is all over the place from, what looks to be old artwork [Villians, most notably Wolfgang], 3D models [Tri-tip and I think the 2 new sentinels], and concept art [basically everyone else, but most notably the swashbuckler with what looks to be... Eon's Helmet?].

Plus the whole thing of having 2 Villains of the Undead element? It just doesn't seem right. I would think the 11th Villian would be Kaos element [most likely Kaos] or a 2nd Guest Star [Cortex?].

And although I like Bad Juju, I would really rather have Dreamcatcher. But that's more personal preference than dissecting the image. I'm just on the boat of wanting the Doomraiders [+ Painyatta]. Even Gulper and Chompy Mage.

That being said, I'm going to predict this might have something to do with Traps? Maybe traps with specific villains in it will give the Imaginator a new weapon or part? (Ex. Having a Hoodsickle trap would give your Sentinel Imaginator his scythe?]

Although, I do really like the look of the 2 "Bowslinger Senseis".
#7 Posted: 07:13:46 05/07/2016
Actually I'm rethinking the girl with Eon's helmet. She has both white and black coloration, so I wonder if she has the ability to use both elements? That would put her in the Magic element since it's the element that controls all the other elements.
---
Boop me if you see this.
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#8 Posted: 07:14:53 05/07/2016
Really old interface and prototype Class Titles. Not sure how accurate it is to the final product, but there are some pointers to take from it. Most notably the new characters.

Hood sickle is definitely an oddity, though.
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
Skylander3112 Gold Sparx Gems: 2115
#9 Posted: 07:15:31 05/07/2016
Why are the classes renamed? E.g bowslinger to archer or sentinel to dervish
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#10 Posted: 07:18:06 05/07/2016
Quote: Skylander3112
Why are the classes renamed? E.g bowslinger to archer or sentinel to dervish

That's what they were called in the 'Skylanders 2016' demo, before they had even finalized the title of the game.
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#11 Posted: 07:19:52 05/07/2016
The female with eon's helmet looks very interesting. Not particularly attracted by the others though, except for the white and black horned head next to wolfgang.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
deadpool_98 Green Sparx Gems: 441
#12 Posted: 08:04:12 05/07/2016
The hype is reaaaal!!!!
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#13 Posted: 08:24:14 05/07/2016
Green Arrow looks nice. And yay for Bad Juju!
---
bye
sky-dragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3206
#14 Posted: 08:29:08 05/07/2016
I'm impressed my fav undead villian made it to be a villian figure. Hood sickle
" your time is running out"
---
"ryuujin no ken wo kurae!"
#15 Posted: 08:33:21 05/07/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: SoulfulWolf
Huh. Not sure how to feel about this, on several levels. I'm not sure I buy this, so to speak. While the new characters look decent, the art style is all over the place from, what looks to be old artwork [Villians, most notably Wolfgang], 3D models [Tri-tip and I think the 2 new sentinels], and concept art [basically everyone else, but most notably the swashbuckler with what looks to be... Eon's Helmet?].

Plus the whole thing of having 2 Villains of the Undead element? It just doesn't seem right. I would think the 11th Villian would be Kaos element [most likely Kaos] or a 2nd Guest Star [Cortex?].

And although I like Bad Juju, I would really rather have Dreamcatcher. But that's more personal preference than dissecting the image. I'm just on the boat of wanting the Doomraiders [+ Painyatta]. Even Gulper and Chompy Mage.

That being said, I'm going to predict this might have something to do with Traps? Maybe traps with specific villains in it will give the Imaginator a new weapon or part? (Ex. Having a Hoodsickle trap would give your Sentinel Imaginator his scythe?]

Although, I do really like the look of the 2 "Bowslinger Senseis".

Traps being functional again in a usful sense is more unlikely then anything in these pics lol.

Considering villains in this game are now official Skylanders , there might not be any real reason for not producing 2 undead villains senseis.
As far as we know Villains don't have any different function at all compared to regular senseis, the only thing that defines these "villains" is their past action in evil deeds.

Maybe the line up of villains isn't exactly 1 for each element , maybe they just chose the top ten most very favourite villains that would sell.
---
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#16 Posted: 08:35:43 05/07/2016
Hood Sickle! Oh well, two undead characters? 11 villain confirmed.
Bad Juju... well never liked her...
That Dark & Light bowslingers + Female Eon looks pretty cool and sexy to me. I can't wait to see them in the game. And that Earth skylanders... meh... another female that looks the same as the others one like Head Rush.
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
#17 Posted: 08:43:23 05/07/2016 | Topic Creator
She looks like a tech element with a satellite coming out of her backpack to me.
---
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#18 Posted: 08:49:04 05/07/2016
WOW!

Ok, let me give you my honest impressions.
First of all, the prototype names makes me think many of those designs could be unfinished as well and may even not appear in the final game (looking at you, Hood Sickle).

The first unknown Bowslinger is one of the two who has a clearly visible golden belt.
He could be green, thus Life, but I'm more inclined to think he's Dark especially since Wolfgang does hint at a Dark Bowslinger.

The second Bowslinger (most likely Light, or Magic) gives me too much of a V.V. vibe and I'm not liking it, but I do see potential in his design and he actually reminds me of Spellslamzer.

The Sentinel, probably Tech since it would also match the orange part of Ember's artwork, looks ok.
Nothing too special but her weapon seems interesting, gives me the feeling it could have electric powers.

The first Swashbuckler has yet another boring humanoid design, but Ember's thought me not to judge simply by the upper part of a figure.
I'm sincerely curious to know why she wears Eon's helmet, that's not something you see everydays (she also looks really human... Maybe an apprentice Portal Master...?).
Light or Magic as well.

THAT. TECH. SWASHBUCKLER.
Great allmighty Ancients that could be the single most creative Tech designs since... I don't know, Drill Sergeant?
At first I thought it was a Life character made of leaves but that's definitely half a gear.
Fantastic first look.

And finally, the cutest Undead character in existence.
I have a soft spot for short and adorable creatures (Pop Thorn, Short Cut, Dive-Clops) and this little guy here is no exception.
His design makes me thing we can forget Bad Juju (even if this makes me sad...) and his golden belt is also visible as well.

Didn't talk about villains because, frankly, I think both of them were placeholders.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#19 Posted: 09:48:51 05/07/2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNwICMDMV-g
Just imagine that the strawberry is Dreamcatcher.

Wow, just wow. I have so many feeling going from extreme salt to uncontrolable hype. So we'll get two Undead villains with one of them most likely being turned Dark, that's what I call a missed opportunity. *cough Mesmeralda cough* I like Bad Juju and she'll probably have an amazing figure, but I can't be that happy about her after the loss of the villains I really wanted. (though still better than any other Air villain) Those two fit their classes perfectly and Bad Juju probably confirms that there are no legs for Swashbucklers, but after all of this I don't think it's real. As some already mentioned, those could be just placeholders because they're the best ones they could think of in a minute. I'm sorry for all that want Bad Juju and Hood Sickle, but take this with a grain of salt.

As for the characters, I can't really judge them since most of them probably won't look anything like this in their final artwork/toy. Though I adore the Bowslinger and it would be great if he's Light. The other Bowslinger looks cool, but I may skip him even if he's Dark. The girl looks rather strange, same goes for her overall head, at first I though she was an Imaginator but I guess I have to wait and see. The girl with Eon's helmet could have a very interesting backstory, but right now she doesn't really speak to me. The Undead one looks way too much like Bad Juju and he's probably going to be the new Short Cut. And last but not least, the Tech Swashbuckler, well actually he is the least because he looks like I'll skip him with no doubt.
Sure hope we'll get to know more soon.
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#20 Posted: 09:59:04 05/07/2016
Well whoever these new guys are, they look amazing. Also you can actually find the golden sashes on the girl with Eon's helmet, the small undead guy and the totally epic bowslinger who must be a dark element Skylander.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#21 Posted: 10:31:28 05/07/2016
We might get more than 11 Villans....because hood sickle isn't that special so I don't see why would they make him the 11th Villan .
SkylandrPurists Emerald Sparx Gems: 3389
#22 Posted: 10:58:37 05/07/2016
Quote: Drawdler
In an easier format, here:

[User Posted Image]

I'm worried about what two Undead villains would mean. I hope the distribution isn't uneven.
I gotta say though that devlish white Bowslinger and the Tech Swashbuckler look real schwifty.

Maybe the extra Smasher is just hidden, still not 100% confirmed, at least I don't think!
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmilie
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#23 Posted: 11:26:00 05/07/2016
I might actually get bad juju because I liked her move set in TT
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#24 Posted: 11:34:16 05/07/2016
Bifrost is ****ing dead. Please leave your message after the beep.

However, as this is SUPER early prototype as seen from the names(Paul, your Dungeons and Dragons is showing again), I think I'll talk about those other Skylanders first since ghost waifu and out-of-the-left-field aren't redesigned yet. I see tons of women this time, and one of them has Eon's helmet for some reason, even the same gem at the top. That's really odd.

And, if we apply the artwork theory, Bad Juju's friend there actually is Magjc. We'll have to see, but it could be the first time we ses an Undead at the very element that opposes them!

There's also another blog post about this event floating around, with different and less useful pictures(early version of the creator, no new parts), which makes me think this had a hefty NDA until yesterday.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 12:17:01 05/07/2016 by Bifrost
#25 Posted: 12:22:15 05/07/2016
I need these Villans :
Mesmeralda
Luminous
Tae kown crow
Dragon Hunter
Spell slamzer
Money bone
and I don't think that the gulper is going to recive a figure because he's most likely to be a swash Buckler and bad juju took that spot and were going to get one Villan for each class
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:27:20 05/07/2016 by KingMed
#26 Posted: 12:28:00 05/07/2016
Well, if this roster is final, you're not getting most of them.
---
#27 Posted: 13:20:43 05/07/2016 | Topic Creator
yeah let's face it , unless they have increased the villain positions from 10 or 11 , no one is getting all their favourites villains.

e.g. I don't think we'll be seeing GULPER in figure form . It's not even about what class he could be, I just think that they are picking the best villains they think will be popular, can suit a class well and of course...sell well.

Which is fine by me, I love hood sickle, and bad juju had decent attacks and personality.

But we'll wait and see, it won't be too long until another villain is revealed then we might have An idea of what's going on . I'm betting on not seeing a villain for every element , they'll just give figures to the ones they like.
---
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#28 Posted: 13:20:43 05/07/2016
One question.
WHERE THE FRICK IS PAIN-YATTA?
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Skylandskid Blue Sparx Gems: 721
#29 Posted: 14:05:22 05/07/2016
Skylandskid is no more. He died as soon as he saw that DREAMCATCHER WAS NOT CONFIRMED. So much Dreamcatcher salt right now. Praying that this as just an early prototype list or was made by some one unofficial. *breaks to the floor crying* why activision? WHY? Why couldn't you just put her in one game? One game!
---
rest in peace, Dreamcatcher
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#30 Posted: 14:06:59 05/07/2016
Quote: AdamGregory03
One question.
WHERE THE FRICK IS PAIN-YATTA?

As an early build, its entirely possible they didn't pick the villain Smasher yet, seeing as the third smasher is just... missing.

At least, I hope that's the case.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#31 Posted: 14:12:27 05/07/2016
All right, I'm just gonna give my predictions on these characters' elements, I suppose.

Bowslinger 1: Dark
Bowslinger 2: Air

Sentinel 1: Tech

Swashbuckler 1: Magic
Swashbuckler 2: Earth (You can kinda make out the Earth symbol on it's head thingy)

Smasher 2: Undead
---
Check this out! Please?
#32 Posted: 14:13:40 05/07/2016
Also, Bad Juju taking Dreamcatcher's spot makes her all the darker. She'd rather be imprisoned(until she gets freed again as usual) than abandon her cruelty and join her friends. Bad Juju's dialogue makes it seem she doesn't really care which side she's on, but Dreamcatcher not getting redeemed means she's even crazier... Or thinks she doesn't deserve redeption.

I didn't bring this up before, but it's a good thing if it means she'll keep villain appearances instead of being playable. Of course, the racing characters theory points otherwise, but this would make more people satisfied.
---
#33 Posted: 14:14:46 05/07/2016
Could that girl be eon's daughter!!! ....or maybe that sensi isn't a female but eon from the past .
#34 Posted: 14:16:51 05/07/2016
They have yellow eyes, Eon's are blue. But it is possible that it's another retired Portal Master to have that headdress, that would be cool.
---
#35 Posted: 14:18:08 05/07/2016
So, looks like the artwork theory is correct. The sentinel lady next to Ember looks Tech-ish, and Ember's artwork shows that she has the Tech orange color next to her.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#36 Posted: 14:18:48 05/07/2016
HOLY FRICK! THAT'S A LOTTA LEAKS!

First impressions? They look interesting. Granted, we can only see their faces, But whatever...

Bad JuJu and Hood Sickle are pretty interesting. Wouldn't it be funny if the reason there's an uneven amount is just because. Wouldn't be the first time TFB screwed around with the numbering. I wonder if Hood Sickle might be a preorder bonus ala Gearshift. Then they could justify the extra villain.
#37 Posted: 14:19:30 05/07/2016
I hope that they add three more Villans *hopes for Kaos mom*
#38 Posted: 14:22:19 05/07/2016
I'm glad we got a leak like this this early, it means they'll have to do damage control soon, probably end up revealing a few new characters soon.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
#39 Posted: 14:35:57 05/07/2016 | Topic Creator
lol poor game makers, I revealed half their roster in one tiny post. Now they're all over Instagram.

The only reason I was even trying that hard to find new pics by searching over a month ago in blog history was because the lack of new characters/game content revealed so far had me craving new info lol.

So I say it's their fault lol smilie
---
GinjaNinja Gold Sparx Gems: 2604
#40 Posted: 14:41:57 05/07/2016
Quote: Muffin Man
Here's what I think the elements are:

[User Posted Image]

I was going to try to guess their elements, but I pretty much agree with what you put. Maybe life bowslinger instead of dark though if you ask me.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:46:23 05/07/2016 by GinjaNinja
#41 Posted: 14:44:40 05/07/2016
Quote: Bionichute
I'm glad we got a leak like this this early, it means they'll have to do damage control soon, probably end up revealing a few new characters soon.

Well, considering SDCC is like two weeks away I guess it'd make sense for them to do that.
---
Check this out! Please?
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#42 Posted: 14:47:33 05/07/2016
I'm calling the second Swashbuckler "Rigfoot".
It really gives me a sasquatch vibe and I still think he's Tech (the symbol on his headpiece could be the Senseis' one for the Sky Chi moves).

Didn't thought about the skeleton Smasher being Magic: Bad Juju definitely prooves not all the undeads need to be Undead, as already said.
I had to admit it was mostly for his black dress than the fact he has a skull as his face.

That humanoid Skylanders has lots of features which make me think he's related to Eon but I'm guessing more along the lines of a nephew, rather than a son.
I see Eon as being too busy protecting the Skylands to have time for a family but he could have a brother or a sister.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#43 Posted: 14:48:11 05/07/2016
Quote: B-BOB358
lol poor game makers, I revealed half their roster in one tiny post. Now they're all over Instagram.

The only reason I was even trying that hard to find new pics by searching over a month ago in blog history was because the lack of new characters/game content revealed so far had me craving new info lol.

So I say it's their fault lol smilie

To be fair, if I didn't screw up google searching and missed this blog post entirely, we'd have found this much sooner and it'd have gone out of control. Seriously, I kept going for 'skylanders' instead of 'skylanders imaginators' and thought there was nothing, now that you said it I went back a week with the right tag and there's a dozen missed blog posts, which thankfully don't have anything we haven't seen aside from this.

So thanks for finding this because it'd probably disappear in obscurity until much later when Google for some reason throws old blog posts when they get added into archives. That'd be awkward when we read the post date.
---
#44 Posted: 14:52:43 05/07/2016
Quote: Drek95
Didn't thought about the skeleton Smasher being Magic: Bad Juju definitely prooves not all the undeads need to be Undead, as already said.
I had to admit it was mostly for his black dress than the fact he has a skull as his face.

I hope its not magic because that would mean that Smashers only get two Senseis, and some other class is going to get 4, and completely throw off everything.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
GinjaNinja Gold Sparx Gems: 2604
#45 Posted: 14:55:22 05/07/2016
Quote: Bionichute
Quote: Drek95

I hope its not magic because that would mean that Smashers only get two Senseis, and some other class is going to get 4, and completely throw off everything.

Well we saw how they handled Trap Team. Keeping everything evenly numbered is a lost concept to TFB it seems.
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#46 Posted: 14:55:31 05/07/2016
Well, we don't know for sure if the villains are really in (though it will most likely be them) and the others seem to be just rather early artwork and we don't see much of them either. This sadly isn't as big as the Wave 2 leak for TT.
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#47 Posted: 15:04:46 05/07/2016
Here's my list of predictions:

Bowslinger 1: Life or Dark
Bowslinger 2: Light

Sentinel: Tech or Earth
Hood Sickle: Undead or Dark

Swashbuckler 1: Light or Magic
Swashbuckler 2: Tech

Smasher: Undead, Dark or Magic
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me