Forum

Skylanders: Battlecast

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Battlecast expansion promo cards
lamoracke Yellow Sparx Gems: 1635
#1 Posted: 00:38:40 30/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Hey all. They are now out in some places on the East Coast. New cards, probably can't scan them into the game yet.

10 cards, 4 of which we have already (Spitfire, Stealth Elf, Mood Ring, and Jackpot)

2 new characters - Prism Break and Sonic Boom
2 new variants - Trigger Happy and Hot Head
2 new spells - The Beam is Supreme (Prism Break) and Full Scream Ahead (Sonic Boom)

Thus, with these cards coming out (I won two online but dont have yet, but have the pictures of these two), its likely a precursor to an expansion.

So far they were seen in family size boxes of Honey Nut Cheerios. If similar to Trap Team, that means likely Fruit Cheerios, Cookie Crisps, Reeses Puffs, and Cinnamon Toast Crunch could be possible too.

I checked 5 of my biggest chains on the west coast today. No luck.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#2 Posted: 00:54:30 30/06/2016
Whaaaat, just as we thought they'd abandon the game.

Those two spells are just their catchphrases though, kinda rushed I feel.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#3 Posted: 17:41:47 30/06/2016
Prism Break is yeeeeeeeeeeeah! But Sonic Boom is... eehhhhhh
Duddert Green Sparx Gems: 168
#4 Posted: 21:08:58 30/06/2016
If it's not too much to ask, could you perhaps upload pictures of some of the cards?
#5 Posted: 02:08:23 01/07/2016 | Topic Creator
I only have 2 of them and even then, its just blocked scans. Not an expert how to post images in the posts here.

I did just want to add that these cards do not scan yet. The person sending to me sent me unblocked pictures and the game wigs out when I try to scan them.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#6 Posted: 19:54:57 01/07/2016
Quote: lamoracke
I only have 2 of them and even then, its just blocked scans. Not an expert how to post images in the posts here.

I did just want to add that these cards do not scan yet. The person sending to me sent me unblocked pictures and the game wigs out when I try to scan them.

you can upload images of the cards (with a shield of course) using imgur.com- just take the image from yout phone and it'll give you a link to put it here.

also, prism break.

Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#7 Posted: 20:00:56 01/07/2016
Told ya
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#8 Posted: 18:18:01 03/07/2016
I just heard from an eBay person selling extra BC cards that expansion in these cereal boxes is in fact coming.
#9 Posted: 18:29:41 03/07/2016
Quote: TakeYourLemons
I just heard from an eBay person selling extra BC cards that expansion in these cereal boxes is in fact coming.

cool. now i gotta buy some cereal LOL
WillyDeWulfe Red Sparx Gems: 16
#10 Posted: 17:59:54 06/07/2016
Hello guys. I'm the one who sold the original cards to lamoracke. I'm just here to dump a bunch of raw info I gathered about the promo:

ORIGINS
I've only seen them in family size boxes of Honey Nut Cheerios. Last time I went searching, most of the boxes had been replaced with either generic boxes or they had a promotion for The Secret Life of Pets (6 toys to collect!) Given that that movie has just come out and will probably be around for a little bit, I'm guessing that it will be the main promotion running for the next few weeks, possibly for the rest of the month.

Everything I've found on the Internet relating to these cards can be attributed to me. Another customer told me that a GM representative was trying not to confirm that these cards were on the shelves, so I put together a theory

Someone at the warehouse dun goofed. The two Food Lions I found that received the boxes should not have had them. General Mills was gearing up to try to get a bunch of the promo boxes on the shelves at once and someone grabbed the wrong pallets when they shipped to my town.

I would guess the actual Skylanders promo won't start until late July or early August. You can probably hold off looking for boxes in earnest until then. They probably won't scan until then either.

PACK TYPES
From the packs I've opened, I believe that certain cards are always packaged together. Here's the list:
Trigger Happy, Full Scream Ahead, Spitfire (Opened 2)
Hot Head, Mood Ring, Spitfire (Opened 2)
Sonic Boom, The Beam is Supreme, Stealth Elf (Opened 1)
Prism Break, Mood Ring, Stealth Elf (Opened 1)

I suspect the reasoning for these particular packs is as follows.
Spitfire and Stealth Elf were part of the McDonalds promo and are relatively easy for people to get their hands on (correct me if I'm wrong), so one in every pack as kind of filler.
Trigger Happy is fairly common (though I suppose this variant isn't), so Full Scream Ahead is packaged with him to sort of make up for that.
The regular Hot Head isn't a common card, so his variant is already worth a little more. He gets packaged with cards we already have.
Sonic Boom is new, but from what I can tell he's not one of the most popular characters. To boost him up, he gets packaged with The Beam is Supreme, hinting that Prism Break is just waiting to be found out there.
Which brings us to Prism Break. From what I can tell, people REALLY want him. That means he's worth enough on his own, so they package him with cards we already have.

What surprises me is that I haven't found Jackpot at all. I suspected it would be with Prism Break, but it wasn't in the one pack I opened. So either I'm wrong and the cards in the packs are a little more random than I thought (Possible, but I don't think so), there is no Jackpot card in the set at all (seems like something they wouldn't mess up, but I don't know), I got a messed up pack (most likely), or all the Prism Break packs are like this right now and it will be fixed later (also likely).
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:50:51 06/07/2016 by WillyDeWulfe
darkrai848 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#11 Posted: 20:01:17 07/07/2016
Cards are more random then that, I just got 2 boxes at my local target on the east cost.

Cards are as fallows:

Prism Break, Mood Ring, Stealth Elf (Opened 1)

Trigger Happy, Mood Ring, Stealth Elf (Opened 1)

Was so happy I got Prism Break as he was the one I wanted most!
---
If you like toys to life, you might be interested in Lightseekers!
Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playfusion/lightseekers/description
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#12 Posted: 20:05:14 07/07/2016
Does he have a special ability or something? From what I've read the update for them to scan isn't in yet, obviously,but does the card itself describe anything?
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#13 Posted: 21:02:38 07/07/2016
Discription is: "(Mystery) Scan this card in Skylanders battlecast to add Prism Break to your collection" attack is just a ? and HP is just a ? so really no info at all.
---
Kickstarter:
#14 Posted: 23:20:12 07/07/2016 | Topic Creator
Lucky, I just checked Target stores in Washington State and Colorado, nada at each.
#15 Posted: 23:21:31 13/07/2016 | Topic Creator
I just got my 20 packs, in case anyone wants a break out, this is what I got...

Prism Break x5
Beam is Supreme x5
Sonic Boom x4
Full Scream Ahead x6
Hot Head variant x7
Trigger Happy variant x4

Stealth Elf 8, Spitfire 12, Mood Ring 6, Jackpot! 3

Dont care about the last 4.

11 packs i got 2 of the exclusives, 9 packs I only got 1. So its basically every other pack you get 2 of the new 6 cards instead of 1.
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#16 Posted: 00:03:35 14/07/2016
I just got my 20 packs, in case anyone wants a break out, this is what I got...

Prism Break x5
Beam is Supreme x5
Sonic Boom x4
Full Scream Ahead x6
Hot Head variant x7
Trigger Happy variant x4

Stealth Elf 8, Spitfire 12, Mood Ring 6, Jackpot! 3

Dont care about the last 4.

11 packs i got 2 of the exclusives, 9 packs I only got 1. So its basically every other pack you get 2 of the new 6 cards instead of 1.

How are the stats and effects? And what do the variant cards do?
#17 Posted: 00:11:46 14/07/2016 | Topic Creator
We do not know, they are not the traditional type of cards, they all say "scan this card in Skylanders Battlecast to unlock a variant "insert skylander name" in your collection.

And as they do not scan, do not know what they do.
sirxtommy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1814
#18 Posted: 03:53:47 01/08/2016
They finally released update to make scan promo Card work just in time, except mood Ring and jackpot
that did't fix
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#19 Posted: 04:16:55 01/08/2016
Oooh! Obsidian Hot Head looks amazing! I hope this is Foreshadowing Giant reposes or something.
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
skylandsfan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5272
#20 Posted: 04:22:38 01/08/2016
Sonic Boom:
50 attack 350 Health.
Hatch a Plan
Gain a card that costs 1.

Egg Toss:
Crack a random enemy for 50 damage.
---
My life will not be complete until I own Sun Dragon
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#21 Posted: 10:23:07 01/08/2016
So Sonic Boom & Prism Break have the same stats... I don't know if that's a coincidence or just laziness. Sooo, is there a way to get them without physical cards, because I don't think they'll ever happen to appear in Europe.
#22 Posted: 16:17:20 02/08/2016 | Topic Creator
I still do not understand the new special ability for Prism Break. His glowing geodes do not seem to do anything. Anyone figure it out what, if anything, they do?
SkylandersEzra Emerald Sparx Gems: 3659
#23 Posted: 16:49:10 02/08/2016
I still do not understand the new special ability for Prism Break. His glowing geodes do not seem to do anything. Anyone figure it out what, if anything, they do?

Yep.

You create a Glowing Geode on your turn. Then on your next turn the Glowing Geode will disappear, but you will gain an extra energy for the turn.
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#24 Posted: 17:46:02 02/08/2016
They are pretty glitched, as is battlecast itself. Sometimes you can't even battle anyone, and PB and SB have no voices or sound effects.
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
pezskylander Gold Sparx Gems: 2496
#25 Posted: 18:15:51 02/08/2016
Is the Mood Ring card any different? It is the only one I did not get, but if it looks exactly the same, I will not worry about it.
#26 Posted: 16:13:14 03/08/2016 | Topic Creator
Mood Ring, Jackpot, Spitfire and Stealth Elf are the exact same cards as far as I can tell.
pezskylander Gold Sparx Gems: 2496
#27 Posted: 01:59:00 04/08/2016
Mood Ring, Jackpot, Spitfire and Stealth Elf are the exact same cards as far as I can tell.

Is there any difference when you scan it?
#28 Posted: 06:21:40 04/08/2016
LOL there is a difference when you scan the new mood ring... The difference is the new one dose not work. Got 2 copys of it both give an error when scanned even tho my in-game mood ring is level 3.
---
Kickstarter:
#29 Posted: 22:33:29 06/08/2016
So i got a box of cheerios, and 3 cards- prism break, sonic boom's spell, and spitfire. needless to say i was pretty stoked about prism.

i scanned him in and decided to test him out in story mode. his special, "Geomancy", gives you an extra crystal the turn after you use it. (so you use it one turn, enemy turn, then you get an extra crystal.) it's pretty good in decks with high-cost cards, since the special costs 1 crystal to use. it pays for itself.

he only gets 80 max attack and 250 max hp, so he's more of a "keep on the sidelines" guy.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me