darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Crash Bandicoot (CONFIRMED IN SONY STREAM GG THE HYPE)
First | Previous | Page 6 of 7 | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Crash Bandicoot (CONFIRMED IN SONY STREAM GG THE HYPE)
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#251 Posted: 18:13:13 14/06/2016
Quote: Luminous35
Is it true that in the Crash Edition, Crash, King Pen AND Golden Queen are in the pack?

Not confirmed just yet because of the odd price.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#252 Posted: 18:17:05 14/06/2016
Ok good to know. I won't cancel my pre-order for the regular pack JUST yet.
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#253 Posted: 18:32:32 14/06/2016
So is Crash's Skylanders design also gonna be the one in the HD remakes?
Vertalus Blue Sparx Gems: 547
#254 Posted: 19:03:00 14/06/2016
Quote: UncleBob

Who says Crash can't talk? smilie

Those commercials are the main reason why I could never really get into Crash Bandicoot. To see a guy's face in Crash's teeth was kind of off putting.
at least it's for the Playstation
---
Favorite type Skylander: Feline and Dragon. Still need: Echo, Rocky Roll, the ever elusive dark element trap,and more
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#255 Posted: 19:44:47 14/06/2016
Do you guys think they're be a Dark Edition of the Crash Starter Pack? I think there might not, as we've already seen the regular Dark Edition PS4 Starter Pack, right? Still, it would be neat to see Crash in a Dark Edition form.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#256 Posted: 19:55:01 14/06/2016
Nah, I think that would just be too many. Dark Crash would be pretty cool, though! smilie
darkrai848 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#257 Posted: 20:35:33 14/06/2016
Just read that : "In addition, Vicarious Visions will be heading up the remasters of the first three Crash games that will be released on Playstation 4 in 2017." does that mean they will not be making skylanders 7?
---
If you like toys to life, you might be interested in Lightseekers!
Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playfusion/lightseekers/description
SirKev7 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1251
#258 Posted: 20:49:23 14/06/2016
Quote: darkrai848
Just read that : "In addition, Vicarious Visions will be heading up the remasters of the first three Crash games that will be released on Playstation 4 in 2017." does that mean they will not be making skylanders 7?

I'm sure they could work on both, but I actually wouldn't mind if they weren't. I always liked Toys for Bob's games better.
SirKev7 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1251
#259 Posted: 20:56:31 14/06/2016
This isn't really Skylanders related but I think a lot of people here will be interested in it.
Someone on twitter pointed out that one of the pictures of what we assume is Crash in Skylanders might actually be an image taken from one of the remakes, because Aku-Aku and wumpa fruit can seen in the background. I'd post the actual picture, but I can't figure out how to upload images to this fourm, so here's the link:
https://mobile.twitter.com/Jer...3789568/photo/1
Burning Gnorc Emerald Sparx Gems: 3463
#260 Posted: 20:58:48 14/06/2016
Quote: Darklander
Crash Backstory:

A wormhole has opened in Skylands and the great Aku Aku appears! He has come to announce the once-in-two-decades Synchronization Celebration--a time when all of the worlds align perfectly. All the inhabitants of Wumpa Island are having a party and they want to invite the Skylanders. But with Kaos on a quest to take over Skylands using his army of Doomlanders, the Skylanders must focus on stopping his evil plans. Never one to shy away from danger, the legendary marsupial Crash Bandicoot leaps through the wormhole to join the Skylanders in the ultimate battle against Kaos!

When you think about it, this story doesn't make a lot of sense because 90% of the Crash Bandicoot cast was made up of villains (unless they're referring to all three characters of the heroic side). If anything, it'd be like the "party" in Twinsanity which was a thinly veiled excuse to attack Crash.

Anyway, my second favourite franchise is back in the limelight (first is Sonic. Sorry Spyro)! I mean, I prefer other characters in the franchise to Crash, but you can't go wrong with a bit of bandicoot.
---
Eh.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:59:36 14/06/2016 by Burning Gnorc
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#261 Posted: 21:03:13 14/06/2016
The problem is V.V. couldn't come up with a SWAP Force or a SuperChargers, with just one year (actually a bit less) to work on the game.
It would be another Giants (which I'd thankfully accept but would still be quite a pity).

I think we might have a Dark Souls II situation, here.
In case you didn't know, Miyazaki and From Software's main team were asked by Sony to make an exclusive game (which turned out to be Bloodborne) and had to leave Dark Souls' sequel development right after starting working on it.
To keep its release date, From Software's team B handled the development.
Miyazaki than came back to work on his own Dark Souls II which later became the third chapter.

We already saw a rather heavy change in direction with SWAP Force, I guess V.V. could leave their plans to another studio (NOT BEENOX) while they work on Crash's remasters, especially since Skylanders' art-direction and aesthetics aren't as pivotal as in the Souls.
I simply hope it would be a temporarily thing: two developers are fine but three might become too much.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:46:57 14/06/2016 by Drek95
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#262 Posted: 21:56:56 14/06/2016
Is there going to be a dark crash?
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
#263 Posted: 21:57:34 14/06/2016
Quote: mantez
Is there going to be a dark crash?

I don't think so, but it'll probably happen.

Also, I'd quite like to know what's in this Crash pack...I'm sort of hoping that it has everything in an average starter pack plus the extra stuff. That way, I should only have to buy the Crash Pack and the Dark Wii U pack to have everything I need starter pack wise.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:44:14 15/06/2016 by Chompy-King257
RaymanTwilight Blue Sparx Gems: 947
#264 Posted: 00:55:26 15/06/2016
On the Skylanders website I noticed something, it said that if you preorder the Crash starter pack, you get the Crash figure.

On the Dark starter pack, it says if you preorder the game you get some Kaos book thing. By the wording, does it mean Crash is a preorder exclusive?

Maybe I'm just being stupid.
#265 Posted: 00:58:22 15/06/2016
Quote: RaymanTwilight
On the Skylanders website I noticed something, it said that if you preorder the Crash starter pack, you get the Crash figure.

On the Dark starter pack, it says if you preorder the game you get some Kaos book thing. By the wording, does it mean Crash is a preorder exclusive?

Maybe I'm just being stupid.

"Pre-Order the Crash Edition for an exclusive Crash Figure!"

...Very interesting...
---
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#266 Posted: 01:00:02 15/06/2016
EXCLUSIVE CRASH FIGURE.
EXCLUSIVE.
EXCLUSIVE
EXCLUSIVE
Hmmm....?
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
Bitmap Yellow Sparx Gems: 1818
#267 Posted: 02:07:45 15/06/2016
I'm glad Vicarious Visions is coming back to Crash. If you really think about it Vicarious Visions is really the only developer left that could do a new Crash game as VV still has many people who worked on the GBA games along with Crash Nitro Kart. Naughty Dog has barely any of the people who made Crash possible left, Eurocom is defunct, Traveller's Tales is doing Lego games these days, T-Tales Oxford is dead, Radical was working hard on a Crash reboot back in 2010, but Activision laid off the entire team and they're practically non-existent these days. It helps that Vicarious Visions is owned by Activision, and I've been saying for years Crash in the modern VV Alchemy engine is a match made in heaven.

We're basically getting Ratchet & Clank PS4-esq remakes of the original 3 games by VICARIOUS VISIONS. I am super glad Vicarious Visions is back making Crash games!
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#268 Posted: 02:22:26 15/06/2016
oh no.

OH NO.
#269 Posted: 02:45:14 15/06/2016
Quote: ZapNorris
oh no.

OH NO.

What's wrong?
---
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#270 Posted: 03:21:04 15/06/2016
oh no.

OH NO.

Oh, Yeah!

[User Posted Image]
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
Portal___Master Emerald Sparx Gems: 3718
#271 Posted: 03:35:20 15/06/2016
Kool-Aid man is the next guest skylander!!! LOL smilie
---
smilie
Guinness Book of World Records holder for Largest SkyLanders Collection.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SkyLandersCollectorsGroup
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#272 Posted: 10:29:19 15/06/2016
Quote: Portal___Master
Kool-Aid man is the next guest skylander!!! LOL :P

I'm sure it'll be better than the last KAM video game I played.
Braveheart2015 Blue Sparx Gems: 760
#273 Posted: 20:32:21 15/06/2016
Will Crash get a single pack? That's actually the only reason I wanna get this game. Not to hyped about the whole "create your own Skylanders!" or the fact that they totally killed off my vehicles from Superchargers.
---
I'm so legendary, no one has even heard of me!
#274 Posted: 20:43:51 15/06/2016
Quote: Braveheart2015
Will Crash get a single pack? That's actually the only reason I wanna get this game. Not to hyped about the whole "create your own Skylanders!" or the fact that they totally killed off my vehicles from Superchargers.

Your vehicles are fine, racing is still in this game. He'll probably be in single pack, just waay later and unnanounced like the amiibo.
---
#275 Posted: 21:13:22 15/06/2016
oh no.

OH NO.

Oh, Yeah!

[User Posted Image]

(crash bandicoot breaks the wall)
#276 Posted: 21:29:47 15/06/2016
oh no.

OH NO.

Oh, Yeah!

[User Posted Image]

Oh should you say...CRASHES through the wall?
---
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#277 Posted: 22:16:50 15/06/2016
What! It let me select Wii U on the crash edition in the website [User Posted Image] This most likely was a mistake and not true, but still....
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
#278 Posted: 22:17:02 15/06/2016
Quote: Chompy-King257

Oh, Yeah!

[User Posted Image]

Oh should you say...CRASHES through the wall?

yes, yes

and spyro walks in, and is like "nice to see you're back, buddy!"

(somebody better be writing this down)
#279 Posted: 01:36:28 16/06/2016
Quote: Bifrost

Your vehicles are fine, racing is still in this game. He'll probably be in single pack, just waay later and unnanounced like the amiibo.

I know, I just liked using them in this last game a lot. And if Crash doesn't come in a single pack, I might have to resort to getting a PS4! Can you believe those things? 500 GB......that's the lowest they have, the highest one I saw was 2 TB!
2 TB = 2000 GB!
---
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#280 Posted: 01:43:41 16/06/2016

I know, I just liked using them in this last game a lot. And if Crash doesn't come in a single pack, I might have to resort to getting a PS4! Can you believe those things? 500 GB......that's the lowest they have, the highest one I saw was 2 TB!
2 TB = 2000 GB!

lol calm down dude
Crash is getting a single pack and your vehicles will still work lol

but yeah unless all you ever plan on doing is playing Skylanders 500 gb isn't enough.
#281 Posted: 18:00:31 16/06/2016

2 TB = 2000 GB!

That is because it does not play the game off the disk, it installs them to the hard drive. So a disk game requires the same amount of space as a download game on PS4.
---
Kickstarter:
Alphawolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1692
#282 Posted: 22:05:13 16/06/2016

2 TB = 2000 GB!

That is because it does not play the game off the disk, it installs them to the hard drive. So a disk game requires the same amount of space as a download game on PS4.

yes and no. if you have the disk it does not install the entire game onto your hard-drive only part of it to help speed the game up. if you have the disk version of the game you still need to put the disk in to play it. if you plan to play alot of different games i would go for a larger drive at least 1 tb. it will full up really fast if you download alot of games.

also im not 100% on this but you can always swap out your hard-drive to a large size later on, i know i did that with my ps3, not sure if you can do it with a ps4.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:07:02 16/06/2016 by Alphawolf
Wolfgang Gold Sparx Gems: 2044
#283 Posted: 23:33:14 16/06/2016
Quote: Alphawolf

2 TB = 2000 GB!

yes and no. if you have the disk it does not install the entire game onto your hard-drive only part of it to help speed the game up. if you have the disk version of the game you still need to put the disk in to play it. if you plan to play alot of different games i would go for a larger drive at least 1 tb. it will full up really fast if you download alot of games.

also im not 100% on this but you can always swap out your hard-drive to a large size later on, i know i did that with my ps3, not sure if you can do it with a ps4.

It's pretty simple on PS4. You know the panel on the top left that's a shinier black? It slides off easily to allow access to the hard drive.
---
♫Cheap smoke, risin' like a spirit in the- soft glow of a New York street.
No glamour or garb can hide the animal heart inside of me.♫
#284 Posted: 00:05:11 17/06/2016
I never knew PlayStations had become so complicated! The last one I played on was PS2!
---
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#285 Posted: 02:01:58 17/06/2016
I never knew PlayStations had become so complicated! The last one I played on was PS2!

Everything they said except replacing the harddrive is the exact same as on the PS2, just now you can download games.
It sounds complicated but it's really not.

believe me dude its worth it for crash.
for crash.
#286 Posted: 03:40:08 17/06/2016

just for reference, the disk based version of swap force requires 14.52GB to run, and the disc based version of trap team requires 18.37GB to run. These numbers where taken from my ps4's hard drive and do not include the space required for save data.

PS2 was like a mega powered DVD player, PS4 is like a mid level computer.
---
Kickstarter:
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:41:21 17/06/2016 by darkrai848
#287 Posted: 09:53:06 17/06/2016
Oh my god it's hilarious. That idiot that made the rumor hate video earlier on is now openly trying to make videos on how he hates Skylanders, probably because he didn't expect people to ever *gasp* be fine with Crash in Skylanders.

My heart cries out for this stranger's feelings and how Acti has to account for a single person's childhood. Ah, the salt.
---
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#288 Posted: 11:14:53 17/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Oh my god it's hilarious. That idiot that made the rumor hate video earlier on is now openly trying to make videos on how he hates Skylanders, probably because he didn't expect people to ever *gasp* be fine with Crash in Skylanders.

My heart cries out for this stranger's feelings and how Acti has to account for a single person's childhood. Ah, the salt.

Who??
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
#289 Posted: 12:34:36 17/06/2016
The guy who made the video a few pages back. He doesn't deserve one cent of ads from anyone let alone us if he'll be a crybaby, so I won't post any links. Just set Skylanders to last 24 hours on youtube and you can't miss it.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:39:18 17/06/2016 by Bifrost
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#290 Posted: 13:55:17 17/06/2016
"What have they done to Crash?!
Screw you, Activision, first Spyro and now him...?
That's not my childhood hero, he's just an awful copy for stupid kids!"

Then, please, go play Titans.
And don't you dare complaining for his design there.

EDIT:
Shouldn't have watched his last video... Definitely shouldn't have...

Aside for the fact he's so blind because of his completely pointless hatred for Skylanders to the point of thinking a dragon-like Imaginator was the year's version of Spyro (not kidding)... I sincerely stopped watching his video when he said "Skylanders are less worthy than Amiibos" or something like that.

No, my friend, that's not how objective nor subjective criticism work.
You can hate the series as much as you like, if that's makes you happy, but make the right comparisons: Amiibos unlock some extras and rarelly let you play as those characters.
Do you really think we can compare them to Infinity, Skylanders or Dimension's figures...?

I know, I know, I'm wasting my time but really, what truly bothers me is the complete lack of knowledge about the thing you are supposed to love/hate (as well as the lack of interest to know more of it) simply because you love/hate it too much to bother.
And it happens more and more often, lately.

Forgot to mention he thinks developers are starting to become attached more to their money and less to their games because they look at what Activision is doing to Skylanders.
Yep, because this problem of the industry is definitely related to a 6 years old series.
That video would be extremely funny if it weren't so whiny.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 14:17:36 17/06/2016 by Drek95
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#291 Posted: 14:31:56 17/06/2016
Oh, we're talking about that guy who's video I posted a while back?
Y'know, I legitimately wonder if that guy is looking at these forums and reading everything we're saying about him as being a bunch of stupid kids (despite the fact most people on these forums are teens, in their twenties, or even older then that).

I mean, let's ignore the fact that Crash is mainly being used as promotion for his own games coming out in the near future.
Yeah, they're just HD remakes of his first games, but that's better than nothing. Worked out for Ratchet and Clank, didn't it?
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#292 Posted: 14:34:12 17/06/2016
I never got the whole "Skylanders aren't of characters I recognize and therefore are worthless" argument. I could make the same argument for Infinity and Amiibo if I never grew up with Disney or Nintendo properties. I collect them because they are cool little monsters that do awesome things. I remember being a kid back when SSA was first a thing and I was blown away by all the sweet looking designs. You know, like LITERALLY EVERY ORIGINAL TOY LINE EVER! Transformers didn't just magically become a nostalgic property like that. It had to build itself up! Make new characters that kids would enjoy. That's what Skylanders has done and is continuing to do every year.

I'm sorry, what is the point of asking the audience who Slam Bam and Warnado are? That's such a retarded argument. That's like asking a random person off the street "Who is Mutagen Man?" Or "Describe what a Victreebel looks like!" If they are a fan of the series... They will know who that is. That has nothing to do with how special each one is! In fact, I literally answered the question that he posed. And he still assumes that I couldn't answer it.

This video is dumb...
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 14:42:16 17/06/2016 by TheToyNerd
#293 Posted: 14:44:36 17/06/2016
That guy must be retarded
#294 Posted: 15:47:18 17/06/2016
That insult is a bit 10 years too old, Zap, and kinda insults people with actual disorders that are nice and reasonable.

But close minded manchild who can't move on and throws an innacurate tantrum when it doesn't go his way? Hmmm.

The arguments that he seems to be using are all cop-outs. Seen it in rant videos in the past. You don't have any real argument that's not your opinion, so let's just make up a bunch of **** and claim that if it's not popular and well known it's bad. Watch them do a 180 on some new IP and praise it for being never seen before.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:47:45 17/06/2016 by Bifrost
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#295 Posted: 15:58:29 17/06/2016 | Topic Creator
The guy who made the video a few pages back. He doesn't deserve one cent of ads from anyone let alone us if he'll be a crybaby, so I won't post any links. Just set Skylanders to last 24 hours on youtube and you can't miss it.

Ooh you mean Haedox. Yea, that guy is a brat I'm just gonna ignore him.
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
#296 Posted: 17:55:09 17/06/2016
I don't know why that guy is fussing.....it's been what, 10 years since Crash's last appearance?!? Holy Cow! I'm so happy about Crash, he's actually the only reason I'm getting this game!
---
#297 Posted: 17:59:06 17/06/2016
you can also use his arms for your imaginators.

[User Posted Image]
#298 Posted: 18:27:54 17/06/2016
You make it sound like it's as simple as brutally ripping off Crash's arm and taping it to the Creation Crystal, LOL.
No offense, that just popped in my head when you said that.
---
Bitmap Yellow Sparx Gems: 1818
#299 Posted: 20:23:55 17/06/2016
I don't know why that guy is fussing.....it's been what, 10 years since Crash's last appearance?!? Holy Cow! I'm so happy about Crash, he's actually the only reason I'm getting this game!

8 years since his last home console appearance (Mind Over Mutant), 6 years since his last Game (Crash Bandicoot Nitro Kart 2 on iOS devices), and 2 years since the use of the IP in anything (The Art of Naughty Dog Book and Gallery in Alhambra, Los Angeles). Uncharted 4 was his first game appearance since CBNK2.
#300 Posted: 22:25:15 17/06/2016
Quote: Bitmap

8 years since his last home console appearance (Mind Over Mutant), 6 years since his last Game (Crash Bandicoot Nitro Kart 2 on iOS devices), and 2 years since the use of the IP in anything (The Art of Naughty Dog Book and Gallery in Alhambra, Los Angeles). Uncharted 4 was his first game appearance since CBNK2.

Okay, wasn't quite sure on the time there, thanks!
---
First | Previous | Page 6 of 7 | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me