darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Crash Bandicoot (CONFIRMED IN SONY STREAM GG THE HYPE)
First | Page 2 of 7 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Crash Bandicoot (CONFIRMED IN SONY STREAM GG THE HYPE)
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#51 Posted: 13:38:39 10/06/2016
You can't really tell completionists to stop being completionists. It's like trying to convince someone to stop playing games, nah they enjoy it as it is.

But we discussed this plenty. If we actually made ourselves heard that exclusive guest stars were no fun during Superchargers, maybe they'd think differently,but they learned it's a quick fix to get people buying starter packs even if it didn't solve the game's sales last year. Acti goes for the route with the least risks, and a mascot that's all-consoles is a risk(since Lego took Sonic first they're out of a big name mascot).
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
MagnaSurge Yellow Sparx Gems: 1045
#52 Posted: 13:51:55 10/06/2016
If you want to compare a person who plays video games to completionists, it's more like if the person is so addicted to video games and if they see the error of their ways (completionists) they'll stop being so addicted. Completionists need to calm themselves and accept the guest stars. There, that's a better comparrison and my argument still has a point.

And Bowser and DK being "not fun" in Superchargers is your opinion. I'm sure there are people who enjoy them and they are their favorite Skylanders. And make yourselves heard? You going to make an online petition? Hah. So just because you view the guest stars not being fun to play, you want all future guest stars to be excluded in future games. That's really fair for everyone and not selfish.
---
- I want Tara Strong to voice my waifu.
- Ashi will forever remain in my heart. :'c
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#53 Posted: 13:54:19 10/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: AdamGregory03

Opinions...?

Wow he's pretty salty
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
#54 Posted: 13:58:14 10/06/2016
Quote: MagnaSurge

And Bowser and DK being "not fun" in Superchargers is your opinion. I'm sure there are people who enjoy them and they are their favorite Skylanders. And make yourselves heard? You going to make an online petition? Hah. So just because you view the guest stars not being fun to play, you want all future guest stars to be excluded in future games. That's really fair for everyone and not selfish.

Calm down, I'm in no way acting like this could go any different or whining, I'm trying to see it from their side. I mean we ate up the skymiibos and swarmed the Wii/WiiU/3DS packs just for them or went through the double packs, and because they sold, Acti now sees that as a totally good idea no matter if it's exclusive. if I could really make a change I'd just want them to be all-consoles characters, for example Sonic even if that one's out of the question now.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:58:36 10/06/2016 by Bifrost
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#55 Posted: 13:59:17 10/06/2016
Like I said in the General Discussion thread I don't see anything wrong with Crash being included. I would have loved to have a different guesta star like PIt, but well, not dissapointed neither.

As long as the "exclusive" characters are not a bunch per platform, the game will still keep that "universal" feeling of all characters being playable on any platform, so I really don't see it as a big issue tbh.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#56 Posted: 14:36:42 10/06/2016
Let me copy my comment from the General Discussion topic:

"Guys, can we please find a way to bring that specific discussion about console-exclusive characters to an end?

Of course making them is a perfect business strategy for Activision, but frankly, why should I care?
I understand it, sure, no doubt about that but I'm a customer, not an Activision partner.
And as a customer I think that console-exclusive figures are probably the worst possible thing for this franchise.

A franchise which started with the idea of "universally compatible characters able to be taken anywhere" and ended up ignoring its very own concept.
Sure, Skylanders has changed a lot since SA but never to the point of going against itself.
Until Skymiibos.

And, for the 10000000th time, it's not because of Bowser, Donkey Kong, Crash, Link, Conker, Ratchet or whatever guest-star they want to make, it's because they aren't universal.
No problem if they go for multiplatform characters, or even for console-exclusive features (Wii U version of Trap Team had a funny little trap-screen where you could see your trapped villain and I think nobody complained about not being able to do it on their PS4 or XBOX ONE) but no exclusive figures.

We had no problem complaining for Trophies acting as nerfed substitutes for items we already bought and couldn't use, why should we have them regarding guest-stars...?"

Please, don't make the mistake to think all those who are against guest-stars in Skylanders are like the guy in that video, or are stupid and addicted completionists.
I consider myself a completionist but I know where to stop and what to accept because I use my brain and try to not get overwhelmed by a game: if others don't I'm sorry for them, but it's their problem not a problem.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:39:04 10/06/2016 by Drek95
#57 Posted: 14:45:19 10/06/2016
Wait,the guy in the video is mad about Crash on the game ALSO because of this issue?

Mad salt and complaining about games you don't play is a recipe for disaster. I thought he was just going 'nooo don't ruin my childhood'.
---
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#58 Posted: 14:56:17 10/06/2016
Quote: Bifrost
Wait,the guy in the video is mad about Crash on the game ALSO because of this issue?

Mad salt and complaining about games you don't play is a recipe for disaster. I thought he was just going 'nooo don't ruin my childhood'.

Kinda, he's mad because he hates Skylander for what it has done to Spyro and thus is worried for what may happen to Crash.
Nothing about completion, though.

Just a rephrase of the usual "I don't like this thing so it shouldn't exsist" whine.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
ladala Yellow Sparx Gems: 1935
#59 Posted: 15:01:35 10/06/2016
Pretty cool for PS4(3?) owners if this turns out to be true and exclusive. For my Wii U-using tendencies, I hope he's not Sony-exclusive, but then again I'm not really a Crash fan so I don't know if I'd get him anyway.

Couldn't really care less for console-exclusive guest stars. Unless they pop up with a character I'm actually a fan of, like Spyro(oh wait), Pokemon characters, or Croc(who even owns that nowadays anyway?), it doesn't affect me much.

But honestly, Crash was one of the most requested Skylanders all the way back from SSA. It was only a matter of time, with all the fan suggestions they've been doing: "This game sucks, you can't even jump!" "Now you can. (SF)" "Hey guys, there should be a Skylanders racing game!" "That's a good idea! (SC)" "You should make this character I made up a Skylander!" "Now you can make it yourself! (Imaginators)"

The only issue I have with guest stars is that Spyro will never get that love-letter-like treatment since he's already a Skylander. They have their appearance, attacks, and even sound effects all based on their source material. Of those Spyro only has the attacks of his Classic counterpart. I doubt we'll ever see a figure that actually looks like his old self, with sound effects in-game and all. Or TLoS for that matter.
---
Thank you for releasing me!
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#60 Posted: 15:10:39 10/06/2016
The thing is Crash doesn't have to be exclusive. He went multi-platform a long time ago. They could always ship him in a special PS4 Starter, but make him available in a single that is usable on all platforms. Unlike Bowser and DK, which are owned by Nintendo. That is unless Sony paid for the exclusive, but if they did that you would figure they might choose a character that has not appeared on other platforms - maybe Ratchet/Clank, who would fit very well in the game.

Keep in mind Spyro also started as a Sony exclusive that later went multi-platform.
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#61 Posted: 15:54:21 10/06/2016
Ok, whatever Destructoid! "Conker Treatment"... Seriously?

https://www.destructoid.com/ru..._medium=twitter
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:55:07 10/06/2016 by TheToyNerd
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#62 Posted: 16:12:45 10/06/2016

Opinions...?

That guy sounds like locoguy.
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
Portal___Master Emerald Sparx Gems: 3718
#63 Posted: 16:50:13 10/06/2016
I don't always have 1st class 1st world problems, but when I do, it's about SkyLanders. LOL
---
smilie
Guinness Book of World Records holder for Largest SkyLanders Collection.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SkyLandersCollectorsGroup
yrocgames Gold Sparx Gems: 2714
#64 Posted: 16:51:37 10/06/2016
He doesn't sound enjoyable to listen to at all.
---
Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC0_L3dsR6hprEa93PItzjw
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#65 Posted: 17:19:35 10/06/2016
jesus christ, that man-baby in the video...

just... please... get over it. there are more important things than a ****ING PURPLE DRAGON TOY.
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#66 Posted: 17:21:03 10/06/2016
Quote: KeybasHedKey
Yes it does haters need to die.

Okay, Ms. Nazi.

Remember, it's just his own opinion, even if it is hateful. Not something worth wishing death to a person for.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#67 Posted: 17:25:09 10/06/2016
I'd just continue this discussion by saying how hate filled the comment itself is but derailing a topic.

4 days for us to learn the truth. Either another to the pile of Crash teasing, or the salt reckoning starts by tuesday.
---
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#68 Posted: 17:38:18 10/06/2016
All right, the Nazi thing was kind of uncalled for... I'm sorry...

Please accept this kitten as an apology.

[User Posted Image]
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#69 Posted: 18:13:01 10/06/2016
Wasn't refering to you Adam, but we all need to cool off. Can't let someone's whining get to us if we love the franchise and know why we do, or how we know this might be Crash's chance of a 20th anniversary thing instead of just being forgotten.
---
SirKev7 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1251
#70 Posted: 18:23:56 10/06/2016
If Crash actually does end up being in the game (though I'd doubt it), then he definetley won't be exclusive to the PS4. The only reason Bowser and DK were exclusive to Nintendo systems is that they were Nintendo's property. Crash is now Acitivision's property. They can do whatever they want with him.
Also, people have seemed to forgotten that Spyro was originally a Playstation exclusive too.
SoulfulWolf Platinum Sparx Gems: 5782
#71 Posted: 18:44:01 10/06/2016
Quote: MagnaSurge
Quote: Alphawolf
just why??? no more guest stars please. i own a ps4 and i like crash but i still dont want to see him as a cross over, it just spoils the game a little bit for everyone not playing on that console.

It doesn't ruin anything. I don't own a PS4 and this possibility is still really amazing. At least those who can't play the PS4 version can still get the figure when it's released in a single pack and still enjoy Crash. I don't know why most of you here are so against guest stars. "Waaaah gaem ez knot combpeet gunna whine." Stop being completionists and enjoy what you have. Having guest stars for a crossover is always a great thing. How about you guys stop complaining that we continue to get guest stars, because THAT ruins everything more way for others than you crying about those guest stars in your precious game. I'm so glad Activison, TFB and VV doesn't listen to whiny fans who are against the guest stars. Don't care if I get hate for this.

I want Banjo-Kazooie next year for the Xbox One exclusive.

It's not that some of us don't want guest stars at all, but that we only want multi-platform guest stars. We (or at least I) don't like the characters being exclusive to 1 version of the game (although it's already too late for that for Nintendo). It's about being able to have 1 copy of the game that can play with every character released. (Frankly, if a lot of us had it our way, Bowser & DK would have worked on non-Nintendo consoles, and there wouldn't even be as much guest star controversy as there is.)

Being selfish, since it's already happened, I'd want most the guest stars to be more Skymiibo. And since Crash is multi-platform anyway, him to be playable on the Nintendo systems. (He can still be in the Playstation starters, as that's still where he's most associated with, but just make him usable everywhere.)

Regardless I hope this happens. I've been wanting Crash as a Skylander since Swap Force was announced.
LittlePunk Blue Sparx Gems: 893
#72 Posted: 19:26:53 10/06/2016
What if the guest star ends up being ratchet and clank?
---
smilie This fire is outta control!
smilie Let there be rock!!!
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#73 Posted: 19:42:54 10/06/2016
Quote: skylandersspyro

Opinions...?

That guy sounds like locoguy.

That voice is painful to my ears.
Is it really a big deal? No, it's not.
See, I don't care if you were so "attached" to Crash Bandicoot as a character. I respect that, but what bothers me is that hes saying that hes being "mistreated" and that Activision is a "horrible company" and how Spyro being put into Skylanders "ruined his childhood" or something.
Is it HONESTLY a BIG deal? Sure, have your opinions, but stop trying to ruin it for others or whatever.
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#74 Posted: 19:56:47 10/06/2016
If Crash really is the guest star and he is multi-platform, we have a game where Spyro, Cynder, Bowser, DK and Crash co-exist smilie
---
bye
#75 Posted: 19:58:40 10/06/2016
To be fair, the argument isn't wrong on the outside. They could be getting new titles, Acti could be making money on the nostalgia, but are just sitting in the IP and treating 3D plataforming like everyone else does when they could singlehandedly revive it. You're wrong the moment you present that as feels, and put your childhood at the pedestal rather than the franchise. There's much more being lost than a few memories that they have no obligation to care about.

Which is entirely why I'm on the side of the devs; they can't do much, but they're making sure they stay relevant and a good game is still priority. I'd rather support professionals, even if they don't do what I feel is best going foward, than whiny manchildren that can't let the past go.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:05:51 10/06/2016 by Bifrost
HuskerfanChuck Yellow Sparx Gems: 1225
#76 Posted: 20:57:46 10/06/2016
VP of Publisher Relations for Sony, on May 7, 2016, stated in a tweet responding to a direct question about ownership, "yes, as I've said before Activision owns the rights to Crash Bandicoot". No quibbling, no room for doubt, a straight simple statement. You and others can read into whatever you want. That statement seems pretty clear cut that yes, we indeed do know who owns the IP.

I made this comment in the main thread and am calling it here: if Crash is the guest star this go round, I think it's a timed exclusive, and will be available for wider release for all consoles about four to five months down the line. Similar to DI and Boba Fett last year. Otherwise, why exclude the PS3 in this deal?
---
HuskerfanChuck

Repping the Light, Huskers, and Nebraska!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:37:30 10/06/2016 by TTD
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#77 Posted: 21:51:54 10/06/2016
Quote: angelg
Like I said in the General Discussion thread I don't see anything wrong with Crash being included. I would have loved to have a different guesta star like PIt, but well, not dissapointed neither.

As long as the "exclusive" characters are not a bunch per platform, the game will still keep that "universal" feeling of all characters being playable on any platform, so I really don't see it as a big issue tbh.

to be fair you could probably make your own pit. just get a light crystal and go with the options, most likely there will be angelic types of items from wings to halos in the mix

Quote: HuskerfanChuck
crash is the guest star this go round, I think it's a timed exclusive, and will be available for wider release for all consoles about four to five months down the line. Similar to DI and Boba Fett last year. Otherwise, why exclude the PS3 in this deal?

most likely you can use crash on ps3 but since ps4 is more popular and possibly guarenteed to sell more they went with ps4 as the pack than ps3. personally i'm glad the wii version is done being brought up, people need to upgrade to wii u or ps4, etc by now. I highly doubt he's going to be compatible with nintendo or xbox though. It might be a yearly thing from now on to do console exclusives like this.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:59:13 10/06/2016 by tigerdr
Swap Force Fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 4095
#78 Posted: 22:02:03 10/06/2016

Opinions...?

I honestly think he needs to get over this possibility. At least Crash is going to be in something this year.

*shakes head* I mean, how much goofier could they make Crash...
#79 Posted: 22:17:53 10/06/2016
A game designer with a proposal for a series reboot managed to redesign Sonic into a cutesy generic mascot up to eleven, yes, even more than the OC base he is now. You can ALWAYS ruin a design with the "right" choices.

But to fit Skylanders they'd probably just give him a backpack and maybe gauntlets so the spinning makes more sense(doesn't have a shell or weapon like other characters, and as Nathan Drake said in the easter egg, "how does he spin so much and doesn't get hurt/dizzy" I can't remember entirely), maybe make his hair a little wilder and the jeans less modern-looking. He's very much the goofy animal standard for the series already.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:18:13 10/06/2016 by Bifrost
Alphawolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1692
#80 Posted: 22:32:22 10/06/2016
Quote: PwnageFTW
Quote: darkrai848
Going to be laughing so hard when it turns out to be ratchet and clank (or something) and the word crash was a place holder. That said I do think it is a gest star, because they had said something about there being one. The odd thing is activision owns crash now so he would not have to be a PS4 exclusive.

I'd be fine with Ratchet and Clank, I enjoyed that game.

man if they did have a ratchet and clank one i would be so torn. ratchet and clank is my favorite game of all times and im huge fan and i would get it with a very heavy heart. these cross overs and console exclusives are not really healthy for the gaming community. it takes time money and resources away from the game to make content just for a small group of people in a attempt to make people buy X console over Y console. I would rather have them spend that time polishing the game more or adding other small features for all to enjoy.
#81 Posted: 23:18:07 10/06/2016
[User Posted Image]

it's happening.
#82 Posted: 23:32:29 10/06/2016
Best Response
Iblistech Platinum Sparx Gems: 5099
#83 Posted: 23:36:47 10/06/2016
I'm not even mad or salty that Crash is going to be in the game this time. I'm all for it! smilie
---
Hail to the King, baby!
#84 Posted: 23:56:44 10/06/2016
We did it DarkSpyro, Skylanders is officially the saltmine franchise. A weapon to surpass Pachinko machines.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:56:55 10/06/2016 by Bifrost
Skylanders fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3952
#85 Posted: 23:59:09 10/06/2016
wow fdtv latest two videos were gameplay of crash ironic isn't it
---
Yep still around just not posting much anymore
#86 Posted: 23:59:35 10/06/2016
We did it DarkSpyro, Skylanders is officially the saltmine franchise. A weapon to surpass Pachinko machines.

BORN TO DIE
ACTIVISION IS ****
KILL EM ALL 2016
Skylanders is trash game
410 BILLION DEAD CRASH BANDICOOTS

Also, the broken Crash link also shows that the Crash Bandicoot Starter Pack is exclusive to Toys R Us... Time to break out the soft pretzels!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:05:37 11/06/2016 by TheToyNerd
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#87 Posted: 00:01:41 11/06/2016
Quote: Skylanders fan
wow fdtv latest two videos were gameplay of crash ironic isn't it

They usually tease stuff like that.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Bitmap Yellow Sparx Gems: 1818
#88 Posted: 00:11:48 11/06/2016
Hey guys! I'm new to the forum and this is my first post on here. I never really had any interest in joining DarkSpyro, but then yesterday's leak happened, and the rest is history.

I've been a lurker on here since 2007, keeping up with Spyro news over the years and what-not. I am a member on CM forums and Spyroforum, so some of you may be familiar with me.

It really is bizarre though that this is happening, I mean why else would they call it the 'Crash' pack? It's gotta be Crash Bandicoot for sure. If it's not, than I'm gonna be really confused as to why they referred to it as that.
#89 Posted: 00:11:49 11/06/2016
Quote: TheToyNerd

BORN TO DIE
ACTIVISION IS ****
KILL EM ALL 2016
Skylanders is trash game

Also, the broken Crash link also shows that the Crash Bandicoot Starter Pack is exclusive to Toys R Us... Time to break out the soft pretzels!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

NOW I KNOW WHERE TO LOOK
Skylanders fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3952
#90 Posted: 00:27:18 11/06/2016
just got on the chat with a team member of tru so take with a grain of salt they said the crash pack "is this starter pack still have not been released, it will be PS4 exclusive set up to be announced on the E3 conference"
---
Yep still around just not posting much anymore
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:28:44 11/06/2016 by Skylanders fan
AJAwesome Platinum Sparx Gems: 6290
#91 Posted: 00:37:14 11/06/2016
[User Posted Image]
---
I'm a girl. My name is Reese. :3
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#92 Posted: 00:42:54 11/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Prepare for salt, man the cannons! The haters are coming!
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
Portal___Master Emerald Sparx Gems: 3718
#93 Posted: 00:46:36 11/06/2016
Interesting that ToysRUs is getting this Crash Exclusive Starter Pack, especially since TRU also had the Dark Bowser Starter Pack exclusivity; guessed they sold enough for Acti to give them another exclusive starter pack. well done.

Quote: TheToyNerd

BORN TO DIE
ACTIVISION IS ****
KILL EM ALL 2016
Skylanders is trash game

---
smilie
Guinness Book of World Records holder for Largest SkyLanders Collection.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SkyLandersCollectorsGroup
Iganagor Emerald Sparx Gems: 3552
#94 Posted: 00:46:39 11/06/2016
I guess I will be fine with it in the long run, but seriously? A starter pack FOR crash?
---
Summoning a STUNFISK
1. Go to a beach - 2. Fall flat on the ground - 3. Recite Stunfisks fart-cry
4. Flop 618 times - You have a STUNFISK!
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#95 Posted: 01:10:04 11/06/2016
Quote: Skylanders fan
the crash pack "is this starter pack still have not been released, it will be PS4 exclusive set up to be announced on the E3 conference"

That part seems pretty much guaranteed at this point. The question is whether or not this PS4 exclusive starter pack will feature Crash Bandicoot or if the word Crash is just a placeholder.

I'm on the side of it being a placeholder, particularly since the image posted from the official site only has it labelled as "Crash" and not "Crash Edition".
---
Boop me if you see this.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#96 Posted: 01:24:15 11/06/2016
I will be absolutely fine with Crash in Skylanders if it's more a Bowser/DK situation, and he's getting his own big new game on PS4 anyway.

But if it's another Spyro situation where they just absorb him and don't put him in his own games, then holy **** this would be Nintendo-tier tone deafness.

[User Posted Image]

It wouldn't be so bad either if it weren't for the years and years of teasing they've been doing about Crash. But if all that comes out of this is Crash in Skylanders and nothing else, then man this might literally be one of the biggest gaming disappointments of the decade.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:26:05 11/06/2016 by sonicbrawler182
#97 Posted: 01:29:26 11/06/2016
They didn't have the guest star denominations at the time, there's no reason to keep Crash here, especially if it's an exclusive edition.
---
First | Page 2 of 7 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me