Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > All-Purpose Sonic the Hedgehog Topic (25th Anniversary Edition)
First | Previous | Page 8 of 12 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
All-Purpose Sonic the Hedgehog Topic (25th Anniversary Edition)
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#351 Posted: 21:39:02 01/09/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: HIR
I'm hoping the Steam version will get the kind of mod support Generations got. That would be nice to see. <.<

Ironically, a member of the Generations modding community is recreating Green Hill Zone (Classic Sonic) and City Heights (Modern Sonic) from Sonic Forces, for Sonic Generations.

https://twitter.com/TwilightZo...480383911505921
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#352 Posted: 21:49:36 01/09/2017
Of course they are. But with the OC creator the mod possibilities are too good to resist here.
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5694
#353 Posted: 00:21:57 06/09/2017
Got a notification from Amazon saying that my Sonic Forces preorder would ship anywhere from the 21st to October 2nd! What's the deal? I thought it wouldn't be released till November!
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#354 Posted: 18:18:31 06/09/2017
New renders of the villains, there's also Metal Sonic but we've seen it already. Infinite's appearance is finally a bit clearer.

[User Posted Image]

It's weird how much his texture reflected pretty much everything in the scenes he's in. Not blue, not red, it's all effects.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:19:27 06/09/2017 by Bifrost
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#355 Posted: 19:24:05 06/09/2017
Chaos looks awesome, surprised to see Shadow as a bad guy, but I don't expect for that to last long, the Devil Guy I always thought was badass and I hope he'll appear more in future Sonic games and media. Didn't he turn good in Sonic Lost World's later half or something?

And Infinity is just oozes Sonic Edgy.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#356 Posted: 19:26:41 06/09/2017
Nope, Zavok just takes over the plot for a hot minute, loses, supposedly dies and it goes back to Eggman.
---
#357 Posted: 19:29:48 06/09/2017
That's dumb, Zavok is rad af.

Also calling it now, we'll eventually see Infinity's mask come off and learn his backstory. Not in that order, but it's probably gonna end up in the game in some manor.

Was it Chaos who turned good? I swear there's another redeemed villain outside of Shadow.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:31:27 06/09/2017 by HeyitsHotDog
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#358 Posted: 19:53:18 06/09/2017
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
Was it Chaos who turned good? I swear there's another redeemed villain outside of Shadow.

Sonic Adventure spoilers ahead.

Chaos got rid of his rage and the negative energy from the Chaos Emeralds at the end of Adventure, so now he's peaceful again as he was many ages ago. But he can easily go back to a evil state... Well, at least that's what I understood. Adventure's plot is not very well-told.
---
Bruh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:53:36 06/09/2017 by Crash10
#359 Posted: 02:47:11 07/09/2017
Shadow's turned evil b/c changing his VA to Kirk Thornton made him into a gigantic jackass. I think SEGA may have quietly chucked large parts of Shadow's backstory into the "canon discontinuity" bin. <.>
---
#360 Posted: 13:57:26 08/09/2017
So we have a superhero poster and a communist propaganda available at Sonic Channel:

[User Posted Image]

We haven't seen the villains' symbol before, so that's good.
---
Bruh
#361 Posted: 15:09:18 08/09/2017
It annoys me how Shadow is a villain...
---
#362 Posted: 15:39:16 08/09/2017
The fact that Infinite is feature more prominently than Eggman REALLY makes me think he's our new Monster of the Week and Eggman's gonna end up 2nd banana.
---
#363 Posted: 00:17:24 13/09/2017
Completely out of the blue, a new mobile game was released on the Philippines:

Here's some gameplay too:

People were able to rip the World Map song and a new version of the main theme from this app, but in a obviously lower sound quality than the actual console version.
---
Bruh
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:21:50 13/09/2017 by Crash10
#364 Posted: 17:17:55 14/09/2017
Story trailer is out in japanese, dunno if it's worth posting now when the dub will show up soon.
Not gonna lie I'm disappointed at a few things, especially how seriously this is being portrayed. Hopefully it's different with the english voices.
---
#365 Posted: 01:25:51 15/09/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bifrost
Story trailer is out in japanese, dunno if it's worth posting now when the dub will show up soon.
Not gonna lie I'm disappointed at a few things, especially how seriously this is being portrayed. Hopefully it's different with the english voices.

I disagree, the sincerity of it is what's making it good. Fans have been asking for this for ages, actual plot and stakes in a Sonic game, rather than an hour of static cutscenes where Sonic talks to himself and sometimes Tails when he's not being a moody tsundere.

I think my favourite thing here is Knuckles being the resistance leader. I've always thought Knuckles should be more cool than goofy, so I'm glad they're giving him a dignified and important role for once. Hell, he seems even more important than Tails so far.

The tone is honestly looking more or less like what I've wanted Sonic to be for a while - a sense of high stakes to the story and giving characters actual defined and dignified roles, while also still giving them entertaining and charming personality and not taking things as pretentiously seriously as Shadow the Hedgehog or Sonic '06. It's like a cheesy shonen anime and that's fine. They seem like they're going for the Unleashed/Storybook games kind of tone which I've always thought was the best for the series. The last game like this was Black Knight in 2009, which means it's been far too long.

I didn't mind Colours too much when it came out but after that the Pontac/Graff brand of humour started to wear thin on me. Especially since the Sonic Boom TV show started. The TV show has done sit-com Sonic much better than anything else, so trying to have the main games go with this style just felt redundant to me, especially since they weren't as good at it. I'm fine with Knuckles being a dope in Boom for example and they handle it well there, but in the main games it just doesn't work when they're trying to tell an actual story with stakes (and when they just can't write actually funny jokes for the character), so giving him and other characters more legitimate roles again is exactly what we needed. Like, there are still people who legitmately have an attachment to characters like Knuckles and Shadow so I don't think it's fair to treat them like meme characters all of the time, they should get legitimate roles in the stories every now and then.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:26:34 15/09/2017 by sonicbrawler182
#366 Posted: 01:31:13 15/09/2017
I was meaning exactly the pretentious seriousness from S06 tho. It's entirely possible it's just a good regular serious story, but that whole trailer gave me bad vibes. The other Infinite trailer where they embraced how ridiculously edgy he looks, without pointing it out, felt a lot more genuine.
---
#367 Posted: 01:51:57 15/09/2017
Quote: sonicbrawler182
Like, there are still people who legitmately have an attachment to characters like Knuckles and Shadow so I don't think it's fair to treat them like meme characters all of the time, they should get legitimate roles in the stories every now and then.

I mean, Knuckles is my favorite character and one of the main reasons is exactly his memes. I do agree that the way they handled his personality in recent games wasn't the best, but I feel he works more like his personality in Adventure (as messy as that plot is, the characters had a solid personality here).
---
Bruh
#368 Posted: 02:48:33 15/09/2017
Knuckles has been in this weird position pretty much since the transition to 3D (and even more so following Heroes). If they're making him out to be a competent heroic leader in Forces, fine by me. I have faith Travis Willingham can give a more serious Knuckles performance without it being Dan Green-esque shouting all the time.

But can we all agree Boom Knuckles is a treasure? Not for the leg day memes, but for some of the amazing lines he gets in the cartoon?
---
#369 Posted: 19:47:37 15/09/2017
Seems like Amazon threw out the name of a stage we haven't seen before.

[User Posted Image]
---
Bruh
#370 Posted: 12:53:04 16/09/2017 | Topic Creator
I was meaning exactly the pretentious seriousness from S06 tho. It's entirely possible it's just a good regular serious story, but that whole trailer gave me bad vibes. The other Infinite trailer where they embraced how ridiculously edgy he looks, without pointing it out, felt a lot more genuine.

'06 was pretentious and weird because the plot itself was overly convoluted and focused more on the original human characters than the actual Sonic characters for a good chunk of it. Hell, one thing '06 messes up is that it doesn't have a clearly defined premise - there is way too much different stuff going on that all gets lazily connected by the end. Like I couldn't easily sum up what Sonic '06 is about in one or two sentences. Plus it had the SonicxElise thing that generated some of the worst "inspirational quotes" that have ever come from Sonic ("IF YOU'VE GOT TIME TO WORRY, THEN RUN, RIGHT?"). The game also lacked any semblance of attitude, Sonic himself was a cardboard box and there was just no charm because the game took itself 100% seriously. Even the facial animation was very muted.

Forces isn't looking like it has a pretentious, over-convoluted plot. It's premise is simple and can be summed up in two sentences - "99% of the world has been claimed by Dr. Eggman, with help from a mysterious new villain and old foes and rivals from Sonic's past. Join the fight as your own original avatar and help Sonic reclaim the world's freedom as part of the Resistance!". And we still see that, so far, the various Sonic characters have actual personality like they should. Sonic's still cocky, supportive, and level-headed despite the dire situation, Knuckles is being given a "macho army leader" role that kinda fits his character, giving him just the right combination of seriousness and goofiness. Classic Sonic is the same mute n' cute pantomime character like in Generations. Silver is the young, enthusiastic optimist by the looks of it. We haven't seen much of the other characters but so far the characters seem to be acting like how they should be. Also, the robot designs are still on the more cartoony side, even using classic era badniks, as opposed to Sonic '06 wannabe-Gundams and lava monsters.

I'm fairly certain the "war" theme itself was chosen specifically because of the Avatar, and not to be edgy - it's the only way you can naturally integrate an avatar character without it feeling like forced fanfiction. It's kinda ironic - Infinite represents what you would expect a typical Sonic OC made by a 12 year old to be (edgy, overdesigned, made in a lab by Eggman, unrealistically and over the top powerful with a wide range of abilities with no connecting theme to them, "faster and stronger than Sonic", and *teleports behind you*™). By contrast, the actual player avatar is just a guy/gal who decided to join this Resistance because they probably had nothing better to do anyway since the world is kinda screwed, and they have no amazing powers or anything, they use gadgets instead (which we'll probably find out are made by Tails or made from Eggman robot scraps). Most games from a licensed franchise that give you an OC creator have a bad habit of making the OC overshadow the iconic characters, and Sonic Forces seems to be avoiding that pretty well through it's premise alone.

The game seems most comparable to Unleashed, in that at it's core, it's got serious, over-the-top stakes, but the characters themselves still have levity and personality that makes things feel less pretentious and more genuine. And even the music is like cheesy anime music.
---
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#371 Posted: 14:51:20 19/09/2017
Shadow's gonna be a playable DLC character in Sonic Forces.

http://www.eurogamer.net/artic...ow-the-hedgehog

Oh... the edge... Shadow ain't gonna Infinite steal his crown as King of the Edgy OCs.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
#372 Posted: 14:55:37 19/09/2017
Shadow is pulling a Persona 4 Arena Ultimax, I see.
---
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#373 Posted: 15:55:38 19/09/2017
I really hope this means Forces gets DLC support. Imagine if they do this with other characters!
---
Cool cool.
#374 Posted: 16:35:17 19/09/2017
Wait, SEGA's actually acknowledging Shadow and giving him a DLC story? What is this madness?
---
#375 Posted: 17:03:17 19/09/2017 | Topic Creator
In addition to the three extra levels in the Shadow DLC, you can play as him in "over 10" Modern Sonic stages after you beat Shadow's story.

Not only is it cool to see Shadow back in playable form, but it seems we got soft confirmation on how long the game could be. At least 10 unique locations with likely at least 1 stage for each of the 4 gameplay styles (Modern Sonic, Classic Sonic, Avatar, Tag Team), meaning we're getting a total of 40+ stages by the looks of it.

For comparison, Generations had 9 unique locations with 2 main stages for each (and then a bunch of re-tooled missions which I think Forces has too anyway, judging by the "Missions" tab on the main menu").

So it could be closer to the length of something like Unleashed, just trading the longer stages + hub worlds there for shorter stages with more gameplay styles.

That's really good considering the game is only €40-€45 in some places.

also Blaze DLC when???
---
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#376 Posted: 19:01:28 19/09/2017
Quote: sonicbrawler182
In addition to the three extra levels in the Shadow DLC, you can play as him in "over 10" Modern Sonic stages after you beat Shadow's story.

Not only is it cool to see Shadow back in playable form, but it seems we got soft confirmation on how long the game could be. At least 10 unique locations with likely at least 1 stage for each of the 4 gameplay styles (Modern Sonic, Classic Sonic, Avatar, Tag Team), meaning we're getting a total of 40+ stages by the looks of it.

For comparison, Generations had 9 unique locations with 2 main stages for each (and then a bunch of re-tooled missions which I think Forces has too anyway, judging by the "Missions" tab on the main menu").

So it could be closer to the length of something like Unleashed, just trading the longer stages + hub worlds there for shorter stages with more gameplay styles.

That's really good considering the game is only €40-€45 in some places.

also Blaze DLC when???

Dude, Metal Sanic DLC
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5375
#377 Posted: 19:11:35 19/09/2017
I think we're forgetting about something...
Charmy Bee DLC
---
Soon.
#378 Posted: 20:55:28 19/09/2017
Quote: emeraldzoroark
Charmy Bee DLC

This is very much a EmeraldZoroark joke.
---
#379 Posted: 21:05:21 19/09/2017
Charmy Bee DLC

This is very much a EmeraldZoroark joke.

You're welcome.
---
Soon.
#380 Posted: 12:14:11 20/09/2017
Quote: Drawdler
But guys, what about Infinite DLC???

Not sure that's possible. You can only store so much in a cartridge.
---
#381 Posted: 12:15:16 20/09/2017
If it's DLC, it wouldn't be on the cartridge; it'd be on the system memory, which, for the Switch, can be a little worse.
---
#382 Posted: 17:49:27 20/09/2017
Imagine a sd card with THAT much DLC. Our money would be gone.
---
Soon.
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#383 Posted: 22:17:55 20/09/2017
Episode Silver plz

story idea: I don't know just give the poor hedgehog an actual continuity this guy can't catch a break he has like three of them
---
Cool cool.
Underian Emerald Sparx Gems: 3095
#384 Posted: 21:58:35 21/09/2017
more boost 2d gameplay great
#385 Posted: 17:20:00 22/09/2017

Well you're right

---
Bruh
#386 Posted: 17:41:08 22/09/2017
Team Chaotix, 3 different characters (Modern, Classic, Custom), Eggman conquering everything in 3 days... never heard that before.
---
Soon.
#387 Posted: 18:22:57 22/09/2017
The sound mixing on this version is hoooorrible, but the feel is a bit better with the less aloof voices. Maybe it's because I don't get japanese entonation.
---
#388 Posted: 18:25:16 22/09/2017
Team Chaotix, 3 different characters (Modern, Classic, Custom), Eggman conquering everything in 3 days... never heard that before.

You're a bit late there, buddy.

Quote: HIR
This whole game is basically Sonic Heroes growing up and going through its angsty teenage phase. Appropriate, since the game will be turning 14 right around the time Forces comes out. XD
---
#389 Posted: 23:11:17 22/09/2017
Ssshhhh.... no one needs to know.
---
Soon.
#390 Posted: 12:34:45 23/09/2017
So Sonic Forces and HOOTERS are teaming up in Japan.
---
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#391 Posted: 14:27:05 23/09/2017
So Sonic Forces and HOOTERS are teaming up in Japan.

WTF!!!!
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#392 Posted: 14:32:22 23/09/2017
I can't believe it, either.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ninte...tion_announced/
---
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#393 Posted: 23:43:34 23/09/2017
Hooters
...& Knuckles
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
#394 Posted: 17:36:44 24/09/2017
A behind the scenes video of the game's orchestral tracks:

---
Bruh
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#395 Posted: 01:28:43 25/09/2017
Quote: Chompy-King257
Hooters
...& Knuckles

You know, it just occured to me that Tails and Knuckles are both named after their body parts.

I suppose Hooters could've been Rouge's name, following that same theme.
---
Boop me if you see this.
#396 Posted: 16:54:47 26/09/2017
Gameplay of an all-new stage as Classic Sonic:

---
Bruh
#397 Posted: 21:28:29 26/09/2017
Level looked good, but it didn't seem to have any hazards or enemies...strangely.
---
First | Previous | Page 8 of 12 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me