Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > All-Purpose Sonic the Hedgehog Topic (25th Anniversary Edition)
First | Previous | Page 5 of 12 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
All-Purpose Sonic the Hedgehog Topic (25th Anniversary Edition)
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#201 Posted: 15:25:39 16/05/2017
Your Sonic OCs are confirmed for Sonic Forces. No really!

This is real!

---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#202 Posted: 15:25:47 16/05/2017
And the mystery Character has been revealed.

Sonic OCs.....Not kidding

---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#203 Posted: 15:26:07 16/05/2017
GOD DAMMIT
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#204 Posted: 15:27:43 16/05/2017
Sonic Imaginators here we gooo
Joke aside I prefer this over random character we'll never see again. However, this lines up with the leak...
and it said your OC won't make it iirc.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#205 Posted: 15:29:06 16/05/2017

The floodgates just got bursted wide open
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:23:23 16/05/2017 by TheToyNerd
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#206 Posted: 15:37:54 16/05/2017
I feel a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of Deviantart users suddenly freaked out at Sonic Forces and got louder than a video uploaded by sammyclassicsonicfan...

Seriously though, this is not only cool, but it's GENIUS on Sega's part.
---
Cool cool.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#207 Posted: 15:46:17 16/05/2017
Damn it, Penders! What have you done?!

(Seriously, in before SEGA gets a frivolous lawsuit from the guy and Forces gets delayed.)
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5357
#208 Posted: 16:15:30 16/05/2017
Sonic "Well if you like your OC so much, maybe they should do all the stuff Sonic does instead" Forces
---
Soon.
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#209 Posted: 16:59:14 16/05/2017
Oh mama I'm gonna get my OC ready.

Jokes aside, I liked the new Wisp mechanic.
---
Bruh
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7089
#210 Posted: 17:39:38 16/05/2017 | Topic Creator
I actually think this looks really cool. Really tasteful, and I like how lesser used species like Wolf and Dog are an option.

Plus, there's some really cool accessories.

[User Posted Image]

"SONIC, BELIEVE IN THE ME THAT BELIEVES IN YOU"
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#211 Posted: 17:42:31 16/05/2017
Quote: HIR

(Seriously, in before SEGA gets a frivolous lawsuit from the guy and Forces gets delayed.)

No echidnas, so we get to have OCs and flip the bird at him at the same time

In fact, you can't make echidnas(probably because of said legal issues), but you can make Bubsy the Cat.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:50:47 16/05/2017 by Bifrost
#212 Posted: 17:59:49 16/05/2017
Quote: Bifrost

In fact, you can't make echidnas(probably because of said legal issues), but you can make Bubsy the Cat.

True, but all it'll take is one fan making Scourge aaaaaaaaand WHAM! (I kid, I kid...)

Apparently the different usable species have slightly different attributes. Nothing mind blowing, of course. But it's nice that the avatars aren't superficial in their differences.

Also, one of those gadgets is totally a Swingshot from Ratchet & Clank. XD

EDIT: Wait, this is coming to Steam, isn't it? ...Does this mean people can mod the character creations? O.o
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:05:42 16/05/2017 by HIR
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#213 Posted: 18:14:03 16/05/2017
This game will encourge people to make more bad OCs great, in a other news you can make other species your character aside of hedgehogs.
#214 Posted: 18:33:08 16/05/2017
Or make bad OCs worse. Imaginators fanart is proof you can always butcher your own design if you put little enough effort.
---
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#215 Posted: 19:10:06 16/05/2017
Quote: sonicbrawler182
I actually think this looks really cool. Really tasteful, and I like how lesser used species like Wolf and Dog are an option.

Plus, there's some really cool accessories.

[User Posted Image]

"SONIC, BELIEVE IN THE ME THAT BELIEVES IN YOU"

"Kamina the Wolf"

I like the sound of that. JUST WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM

True, but all it'll take is one fan making Scourge aaaaaaaaand WHAM! (I kid, I kid...)

Apparently the different usable species have slightly different attributes. Nothing mind blowing, of course. But it's nice that the avatars aren't superficial in their differences.

Also, one of those gadgets is totally a Swingshot from Ratchet & Clank. smilie

EDIT: Wait, this is coming to Steam, isn't it? ...Does this mean people can mod the character creations? O.o

Great, now I want to make Scourge in this game.

Would Penders really have any legal say in this? I mean, he can't have control over anyone who decides to recreate his characters in this game.
---
Cool cool.
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5337
#216 Posted: 20:15:11 16/05/2017
I can't wait to play as Muffin Man the Hedgehog.
---
Boop me if you see this.
LameLime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1200
#217 Posted: 22:41:24 16/05/2017
Don't know why SEGA is bringing the Imaginators approach to this game.

Now watch those deviantArt OC-ers go nuts on this game. I too find this game interesting, but then again, not a fan of modern games due to overpricing and graphics.
---
NOSTALGA-LANDERS COLLECTION (Spyro's Adventure)
30/32 Skylanders -- 4/4 Levels -- 8/9 Items (Includes VV)
Missing: smilie smilie + Ghost Swords
#218 Posted: 22:50:51 16/05/2017
Quote: LameLime
Don't know why SEGA is bringing the Imaginators approach to this game.

Now watch those deviantArt OC-ers go nuts on this game.

You gave yourself the answer.
---
Bruh
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#219 Posted: 00:46:49 17/05/2017
the pandora's box of autism has been opened, god help us all
#220 Posted: 00:52:27 17/05/2017
Make all those other species(expect hedgehogs) oc's and stop the evil hedgehog oc's once and for all!

It's a bad idea and a good idea at same time. Need to get the PC version though.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#221 Posted: 01:34:51 17/05/2017
Quote: KeybasHedKey
Make all those other species(expect hedgehogs) oc's and stop the evil hedgehog oc's once and for all!

It's a bad idea and a good idea at same time. Need to get the PC version though.

i will make a bear because i can
Iblistech Platinum Sparx Gems: 5099
#222 Posted: 02:35:52 17/05/2017
Quote: KeybasHedKey

I can assure you that the character I've had in mind for the game will definitely not be a hedgehog.
---
Hail to the King, baby!
#223 Posted: 05:05:02 17/05/2017
I was joking i would make a Dog it's not very common in the Sonic Game Universe to see one.
#224 Posted: 08:45:16 17/05/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: ZapNorris

As someone who's actually worked with kids with autism on a professional level, and as someone who has friends with autism, this isn't funny or clever and your sense of humour is below anyone with autism that I've met for making that joke.

Also you literally copied it from a comment on the trailer, at least be subtle about it.

You also literally can't like Imaginators or Miis in Smash and Mario Kart, yet act like this is somehow a problem.
---
#225 Posted: 10:13:02 17/05/2017

As someone who's actually worked with kids with autism on a professional level, and as someone who has friends with autism, this isn't funny or clever and your sense of humour is below anyone with autism that I've met for making that joke.

Also you literally copied it from a comment on the trailer, at least be subtle about it.

You also literally can't like Imaginators or Miis in Smash and Mario Kart, yet act like this is somehow a problem.

I'm at the best end of the spectrum and lucky to communicate with others like a normal person but there are many who aren't lucky. Seeing a-holes exploiting people with autism as to say how bad Sonic fans are is really not cool.

There are many ways to insult people who make Sonic OCs like they're mad, insane, they're aliens from outer space, they're like mental patients you see in 12 Monkeys or Jacob's Ladder or their Trump's bastard children but autistic? I've seen a stamp on deviantART that said the Wii U is for autistic babies. That's low even by console war fanatic standards.

This is not asking for safe space because that's a popular phrase for bullies as a means of victim-blaming and demand they should be allowed to bully people for their race, gender or disability while simultaneously demand their own safe spaces to be free of criticism.

Sorry for the tangent but mocking autism is just not funny.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
#226 Posted: 12:03:40 17/05/2017 | Topic Creator
There isn't really even anything weird about OCs, even the badly drawn ones.

It's just kids drawing their ideas because they have vivid imaginations and, surprise surprise, aren't on the level of a professional artist yet. Recolours of official characters exist because the official art looks nice so to them, making a recolour means they have an "official" looking character.

Like seriously, if anyone genuinely thinks most OCs are made by older people, especially the bad ones, you need to get a reality check. Same goes for other fandoms, I remember the younger crowd on this site used to post their Spyro OCs and stuff all of the time. There's a section of the site specifically for that kind of thing too.

And when you do get OCs drawn by older, actually talented artists, you actually get some interesting character designs that would fit in the Sonic universe.

As far as the custom character in Sonic Forces goes, all of the parts and options are literally designed by the official character designers of the Sonic characters, so they're gonna fit in with the cast no matter what. The focus seems to actually be less on making characters with different proportions and what not, but more on outfits and accessories. Other than that, your character fits into the art style pretty well. It's literally no different than Dragon Ball Xenoverse in that regard. I'd actually argue it's better because in Xenoverse, your character is basically a Mary Sue self-insert that gets shoehorned into iconic DBZ scenes. In Sonic Forces, it's a completely new story where the context of said story (i.e. Eggman took over the world and Sonic is building up a resistance group to stop him) properly facilitates the addition of a self-insert character in a way that makes sense and doesn't require other characters to bend over backwards to make your character look cooler by comparison (I mean two versions of Sonic are still playable and your OC is slower than both so Sonic doesn't come off as "less cool" to make your character cooler).
---
#227 Posted: 12:21:09 17/05/2017
There ARE really bad OCs on both fandoms made by older people, but you can tell the difference - especially because people that never evolve with drawing have shortcuts that show. Kids can be real cringy, especially little girls just discovering fanfics(oh the memories...) but you see effort and what inspired them.

Either way, there is much worse that fandoms can do. OCs are harmless fun and now a source of memes.
---
#228 Posted: 12:29:09 17/05/2017 | Topic Creator
There ARE really bad OCs on both fandoms made by older people, but you can tell the difference - especially because people that never evolve with drawing have shortcuts that show. Kids can be real cringy, especially little girls just discovering fanfics(oh the memories...) but you see effort and what inspired them.

Either way, there is much worse that fandoms can do. OCs are harmless fun and now a source of memes.

I didn't say older fans never make bad OCs, just that they don't come from there the majority of the time.

And even when they are made by the older crowd, they're often ironic anyway (even Coldsteel was an ironic meme made by someone intentionally, contrary to what a lot of people seem to think).
---
Spyro Fanatic Hunter Gems: 12063
#229 Posted: 12:40:54 17/05/2017
Did you sense that? The dA community is coming...

#230 Posted: 13:21:28 17/05/2017
I think of Sonic OCs and a lot of mannequin bases on deviantART are basically templates but people just change the colours below and above the PNG layers. I shouldn't say what I think because that's what everyone thinks but what I should say this pretty much like flipping Unity assets and calling it your own work.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
#231 Posted: 14:23:34 17/05/2017
It's fanart dude, it's already not your own. Also most of the time it's more than a color swap, gotta add these superfluous scars, goth acessories and rainbow eyes.
---
#232 Posted: 16:53:50 17/05/2017
And a dark backstory.
---
Bruh
Iblistech Platinum Sparx Gems: 5099
#233 Posted: 23:00:25 17/05/2017

That disgustingly cruel joke is ALL OVER the Interwebz, which is absolutely sad. Everyone who takes part and delights in making said cruel, sick joke is ultimately just hurting themselves, not the people they're insulting.
---
Hail to the King, baby!
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:02:08 17/05/2017 by Iblistech
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#234 Posted: 02:22:38 18/05/2017
Y'all realize Zap's got autism too, right?
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5337
#235 Posted: 07:18:15 18/05/2017
I think it is possible for jokes like that to be meant as playful teasing rather than hurtful insults, but it's a delicate topic for sure.
---
Boop me if you see this.
BorisTheParrot Yellow Sparx Gems: 1117
#236 Posted: 15:04:31 18/05/2017
If someone is going to make an Autistic joke, I won't find it insulting if there is actually some depth to it and isn't just simply used to describe something. The so-called jokes from bullies like Leafy stink to high heaven and don't contain any wit or intellect to it, it's just trying way too hard to be edgy and it does more damage than they think. Ricky Gervais's standup on Autism is a perfect example on how these jokes should be handled, it doesn't come across as being an arsehole solely to be edgy and actually feels relatable.
---
"Don't criticise what you can't understand" - Bob Dylan
#237 Posted: 00:11:20 28/05/2017
...No one's likely to care about this, but just in case people were intrigued by this game suddenly veering in the dark and edgy direction...

https://twitter.com/warrengraf...507805331476480

Warren Graff is writing the game. Now I didn't mind Colors's or Lost World's dialogue, to be honest. But I believe that his writing is a pretty sore spot among the fandom these days? Especially for fans of Ian Flynn.
---
#238 Posted: 00:20:21 28/05/2017
I had my problems, but they have potential. Everyone harks on 'badly mcnosehair' and Tails' badly developed jealousy but I still compliment Eggman's breakdown and a LOT of dialogue in Colors hit the spot frequently.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:21:25 28/05/2017 by Bifrost
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#239 Posted: 01:02:12 28/05/2017
Quote: Iblistech

That disgustingly cruel joke is ALL OVER the Interwebz, which is absolutely sad. Everyone who takes part and delights in making said cruel, sick joke is ultimately just hurting themselves, not the people they're insulting.

Quote: TheToyNerd
Y'all realize Zap's got autism too, right?

Really, like seriously
If they didn't know this before that's fine, but.
You,(Not Toynerd) just called someone with Autism terrible, for making a joke about autism.

Well, how the tables have turned
(But seriously, Autism is a serious thing, and shouldn't be joked about)
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#240 Posted: 03:14:03 28/05/2017 | Topic Creator
^I said his sense of humour was terrible, not the person.

Reading is good.
---
#241 Posted: 17:22:43 30/05/2017
Ooooh nice trailer:

---
Bruh
#242 Posted: 17:55:24 30/05/2017
WAIT WAS THAT STARDUST SPEEDWAY ZONE? 0.0

EDIT: I thought I recognized those drawings. That's Tyson Hesse, a penciller with the Archie Sonic Comics. He did the Mega Drive specials, the last of which will sadly never see the light of day. THANKS KEN PEN-... I MEAN SCOTT FULOP. ¬_¬
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:57:50 30/05/2017 by HIR
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#243 Posted: 19:48:01 30/05/2017
Apparently there is a pair of rabbit ears in the trailer to reference Sonic's earlier design Feel the Rabbit

His name was literally Feel
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#244 Posted: 20:21:30 30/05/2017 | Topic Creator
I really hope the game has animated cutscenes like this, a la Sonic CD. It's so charming.
---
#245 Posted: 20:47:41 30/05/2017
According to Hesse's Twitter, Aaron Webber hit him up about doing this promo, I believe.
---
#246 Posted: 16:23:49 06/06/2017
Sounds good.

---
Bruh
#247 Posted: 17:43:41 08/06/2017

Chemical Plant confirmed for Mania. And this does seem to confirm the notion that for returning levels, Act 1 will be more "traditional" whereas Act 2 is very original. On the one hand, you could feel disappointed that it looks like the bulk of this game is returning levels. I mean, we have Generations for that already. On the other hand, what they've done to freshen up the levels is pretty great. AND HOT DAMN DAT MUSIC TEE LOPES COME THRUUUUU!

How many zones do you guys think are in this game anyway? I'm hoping for at least as many as 3&K (w/ lock-on). <.<
---
#248 Posted: 18:49:53 08/06/2017
They say it's longer than Generations, but I don't know if they count boss stages into that, so I'll keep myself to expect at least 10 levels.
---
Bruh
#249 Posted: 18:53:53 08/06/2017 | Topic Creator
I'm guessing at least 14-15 zones, with 4 or 5 being brand new and the rest being remixed ones.
---
First | Previous | Page 5 of 12 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me