Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3
E3 2016 topic
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6239
#51 Posted: 02:31:30 14/06/2016
I liked how the E3 conferences got collectively better as time goes on. Sony was better than Ubisoft, who was better than Microsoft, who was better than Bethesda, who was better than EA.

Only Bethesda and EA could be considered disappointments. Everyone else was at least satisfactory, and Sony and Ubisoft were just fantastic.

I know people are going to ride the idea of Crash remakes until the cows come home but I honestly found other things about Sony's conference to be worthwhile and we actually had trailers and gameplay for them. Really interested in Detroit.

No I'm not counting Nintendo as a conference.
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#52 Posted: 02:33:34 14/06/2016
SONY WON E3
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6239
#53 Posted: 02:35:16 14/06/2016
Oh right I'm also way more hyped for Insomniac Spiderman than I have any right to be.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#54 Posted: 02:36:17 14/06/2016
CRASH IS BACK

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

[User Posted Image]
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:47:56 14/06/2016 by Matteomax
#55 Posted: 02:36:42 14/06/2016
Quote: CAV
Oh right I'm also way more hyped for Insomniac Spiderman than I have any right to be.

INSOMNIAC SPIDERMAN HAS ME TURNED ON

I THOUGHT E3 WAS ****ED AND I WAS RIGHT BC SONY ****ED THE COMPETITION
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7089
#56 Posted: 03:00:31 14/06/2016
I didn't watch EA or Bethesda as I didn't care and I was right to. Though it's cool that I'll be getting a Skyrim remaster for free.

Microsoft was quite solid. Didn't really have any "WHOA" moments, but it had plenty of "oooh, neat" moments.

Same with Ubisoft really, except for South Park, which is still the best game shown off so far IMO (because they did a really good job of actually showing it off, and what they showed looks amazing).

Sony killed it, plenty of "WHOA" moments. Crash is back, Insomniac X Spider-Man is nostalgic as hell, God of War looked interesting, Horizon (second best game shown at E3 IMO so far) looks amazing and could be a potential Zelda competitor, Kojima is back...almost everything was just really good in some way.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#57 Posted: 07:44:36 14/06/2016
GO HARDER SONY-SAN
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#58 Posted: 09:55:29 14/06/2016
a naked norman reedus has saved e3, thanks sony
Big Green Platinum Sparx Gems: 6323
#59 Posted: 11:12:59 14/06/2016
I'm so torn now, I really want the Last Guardian but I have no PS4 :'(

Kojima's game looks pretty cool and I am super pumped for Fractured But Whole
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#60 Posted: 13:21:37 14/06/2016
Okay, thoughts so far on stuff that interested me:

-Resident Evil VII is probably my favorite game shown off from what I've seen so far.
-Crash coming back is pretty cool I guess. I never played Crash but I know he has a huge following so good for the fans who wanted him back.
-The new Spider-Man game looks great.
-Death Stranding looks really good. Really glad Kojima has a lot more creative freedom now.
-Dead Rising 4 looks over the top and ridiculous and I absolutely love it.
-I'm really hoping Watch Dogs 2 gets a similar treatment that Assassin's Creed II got. This franchise has a lot of potential and I'd really like to see it succeed.
-really excited for Tekken 7
-Telltale's Batman game looks cool.
-Very mixed feelings on the Walking Dead: Season 3. I'm still going to get it obviously, because I love the first two games so much, but not much is known right now, and a lot of questions are being left unanswered right now. All Season 2 had to answer was that Clementine is still alive, and although I'm thrilled to see she's back as the main player character(along with whoever the heck this "Javier" person is), there's a lot that was left hanging at the end of Season 2.
-I really enjoyed all of what Bethesda had to offer, especially Quake Champions, which looks awesome. Yeah, it doesn't beat their conference last year where they pretty much owned the show, but I still liked what they showed.
-I'm sorry, but I'm still not sold on Titanfall 2. I absolutely hated the first game and this multiplayer just looks like more of the same. And the single player campaign honestly looks like garbage to me.

Everything else either didn't interest me or I haven't gotten to see it yet.
---
Cool cool.
WilltheWizard Yellow Sparx Gems: 1779
#61 Posted: 16:28:33 14/06/2016
The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild

holy shi shi mama im dying this is amazing
---
Spread those positive vibes
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#62 Posted: 16:33:06 14/06/2016
ZELDA!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6059
#63 Posted: 18:15:11 14/06/2016
Honestly, I don't really like South Park, so Ubisoft was meh altogether imo.

Prey looks interesting
We Happy Few is cool and I want to at least see a playthrough of that.
PS4 Spidey looks cool and I am interested in seeing more.
Hyped for KH 2.8
Lego Dimensions series 2 is going to be cool.
Cool to see Crash getting revived.
Happy to see Last Guardian finally have a release date.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#64 Posted: 00:59:57 15/06/2016
Guys it's over, the Waluigi amiibo clearly wins E3 2016. ^.^;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#65 Posted: 01:20:32 15/06/2016
^ was waiting for this post.
---
My life is complete.
Iblistech Platinum Sparx Gems: 5099
#66 Posted: 03:56:47 15/06/2016
Quote: HIR
Guys it's over, the Waluigi amiibo clearly wins E3 2016. ^.^;

OYES.

#WALUIGITIME
---
Hail to the King, baby!
FireMeowth Emerald Sparx Gems: 3230
#67 Posted: 06:56:01 15/06/2016
Nintendo's show is only at the halfway point and they're already clearly the best of this year's E3. Really excited for tonight's announcements and stream, too. :D
#68 Posted: 07:03:17 15/06/2016
Quote: FireMeowth
Nintendo's show is only at the halfway point and they're already clearly the best of this year's E3. Really excited for tonight's announcements and stream, too. smilie

S O N Y

a waluigi amiibo, a few more "basic *****" pokemon, and Shirtless Link Blows Up Hyrule™ doesnt make it the best of this years e3
maybe if nintendo actually revealed some new interesting stuff that wasnt pieces of plastic then it would be, but it didnt, so it wasnt

- - -
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:09:16 15/06/2016 by StriderSwag
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#69 Posted: 07:08:13 15/06/2016
Quote: StriderSwag
Quote: FireMeowth
Nintendo's show is only at the halfway point and they're already clearly the best of this year's E3. Really excited for tonight's announcements and stream, too. smilie

[User Posted Image]

a waluigi amiibo, a few more "basic *****" pokemon, and Shirtless Link Blows Up Hyrule™ doesnt make it the best of this years e3
maybe if nintendo actually revealed some new interesting stuff that wasnt pieces of plastic then it would be, but it didnt, so it wasnt

- - -

compared to sony, that's nothing.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
#70 Posted: 07:15:10 15/06/2016
Eh, Sony didn't have anything interesting for me, while I've loved everything Nintendo have shown so far. Then again I've always been a Nintendo fanboy through and through. :P
Underian Emerald Sparx Gems: 3080
#71 Posted: 07:31:02 15/06/2016
i dont really care about anything that anyone else did besides Nintendo, and the only thing thats really caught my attention are the new pokemon. i love them
Spyro Fanatic Hunter Gems: 12063
#72 Posted: 09:41:33 15/06/2016
Making your own vaults using resources from a company that's been gone for over 200 years? Totally not lore breaking...

Oh yeah, elevators and conveyor belts! That'll totally make the Fallout franchise the great RPG series it once was.

[User Posted Image]

And who asked for a Skyrim Remaster? If you want overhauled graphics they've been available by modding since 2011.

---

Anyways, in a more positive tone, I was hoping to see the Knight Rider Lego Dimensions pack. Oh well.

I'm still hyped for The Last Guardian.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 12:33:54 15/06/2016 by Spyro Fanatic
sprocketrocket Emerald Sparx Gems: 3679
#73 Posted: 11:41:43 15/06/2016
Guys yesterday was just the first day we can't count anyone out yet!
---
"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
#74 Posted: 12:22:52 15/06/2016
Quote: henryszuch
I think Nintendo was great, and Zelda looked amazing, but I understand why some people might not agree, especially since they only have one game (so far).

Well, they've shown two (technically three cause Sun and Moon :P) Nintendo games so far, and the four Nindies. They did spend insane amounts of time on Zelda, but that's pretty understandable considering the insane amounts of stuff they had to show. And to think that's only... what did they say? Less than two percent of what the game has to offer? Yeeeaah...

And in just a few hours they'll be showing off Pokémon GO, TMS#FE, Monster Hunter Generations, Paper Mario: Color Splash, Dragon Quest 7, Rhythm Heaven Megamix, Mario Party: Star Rush and at least one more brand new game... It's so exciting!
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#75 Posted: 15:19:58 15/06/2016
Quote: Big Green
I'm so torn now, I really want the Last Guardian but I have no PS4 :'(

Kojima's game looks pretty cool and I am super pumped for Fractured But Whole

just wait until the ps4 4k comes and the prices for the original models will come right down

Quote: Spyro Fanatic
Making your own vaults using resources from a company that's been gone for over 200 years? Totally not lore breaking...

Oh yeah, elevators and conveyor belts! That'll totally make the Fallout franchise the great RPG series it once was.

[User Posted Image]

And who asked for a Skyrim Remaster? If you want overhauled graphics they've been available by modding since 2011.

Maybe if you buy the Fallout 4™ season pass you might change your mind!

[User Posted Image]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:21:00 15/06/2016 by Blackholes_Wolf
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#76 Posted: 15:44:31 15/06/2016
Well I've always been a Nintendo fan cause their IPs are more suited for what I like, so they win.

But overall, not taking my own opinions into account, I would probably think that Sony wins.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#77 Posted: 17:33:25 15/06/2016
Quote: MagicFizz
^ was waiting for this post.

[User Posted Image]
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#78 Posted: 20:08:11 15/06/2016

I honestly think this looks really cool. They just showed it off in the Treehouse Stream and it literally looks like a Mario RTS game.

If it has online play I'm sold.
---
#79 Posted: 20:29:51 15/06/2016
I have never been LESS interested in Nintendo than I am right now lol.
#80 Posted: 20:43:08 15/06/2016
Quote: Sesshomaru75
I have never been LESS interested in Nintendo than I am right now lol.

[User Posted Image]

I never thought that I'd have to use this against a friend.

>E3 Topic
>Can't complain about one of the ****ties lineups from Nintendo
lol okay have fun
#81 Posted: 21:06:33 15/06/2016

[User Posted Image]

I never thought that I'd have to use this against a friend.

>E3 Topic
>Can't complain about one of the ****ties lineups from Nintendo
lol okay have fun

Where did I say in my post that they had a good lineup? The only thing that really helped them this E3 was Zelda U, which actually did a lot for them.

Despite that, they had barely anything new to show off otherwise and didn't even show of the NX. Of course it's one of their most disappointing lineups.
I'm not denying that whatsoever, which is why I agree with on the grounds of Sony winning E3.
(Even despite the fact that I'm super excited for Breath of The Wild, it's just that it's not enough to carry Nintendo imo)

That said, you don't need to be s passive aggressive about the whole thing.
We get it, you aren't happy with Nintendo and aren't exactly excited for what they have to offer.
No reason to keep dragging it back up just because some people are excited for what Nintendo has to offer.

Then fine, I'll drop the passive and go straight to being aggressive about it.
This could've been a good E3 for Nintendo. They could've blown Sony out of the water. But yet again, they took things I was ACTUALLY looking forward to and revealed it to be absolute trash.

I was SO excited for Pokemon Go. Before E3, I would have said that it was one of the games I was looking forward to the most this year. Then they showed it off.
What the **** was that? That isn't ****ing Pokemon. It's literally Ingress, just reskinned with Pokemon. It looks like trash.

Nintendo CONSTANTLY does this now, and I think I'm allowed to express my feelings about it in a related topic.
Pokemon Go? Literally just Ingress.
Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild? It looks okay, but it certainly isn't living up to how much they hyped it up.
Metroid Prime: Federation Force? I have no idea what that even is, but it sure as hell isnt Metroid.
Star Fox Zero? Literally Star Fox 64 with **** controls and packaged with a tower defense game that's better than the ACTUAL ADVERTISED PRODUCT.
I'm tired of Nintendo hyping us up with things we've wanted for a really long time, only to shove garbage in our face and say "Look guys! It's good!" I'm tired of getting ****ed over CONSTANTLY by their crappy choices.

When the thing that most people are excited for is the Waluigi amiibo, that says something about your conference.
#82 Posted: 21:07:27 15/06/2016
Good things Nintendo did:
-Everything about Zelda, it was also the most talked about E3 game on social media
-The new amiibo
-A new IP that actually got trending on Twitter
-The new Mario Party looks really cool and it was a new announcement for E3
-Pokémon GO
-Pokémon Sun & Moon

I might be forgetting a few things but considering what they had us expect going in, I think they did alright.

They still need to have a proper presentation in the future and just have more games in general but I have been entertained by them.
---
#83 Posted: 21:17:00 15/06/2016
@StriderSwag -
Pokemon GO was always supposed to be Ingress with Pokemon, so I don't know why you're surprised. lol
I've heard from quite a few people that it's fun, however. (The beta testers, of course)

I honestly think that both you and Pancake didn't watch enough of the Breath of The Wild stream because your complaints were all easily countered and dismissed by SB.

And yeah, I can see what you mean with Federation Force and Star Fox Zero. I'm certainly not excusing a lot of Nintendo's decisions as of late.

But my point is that other people in this topic have said that they preferred Nintendo overall, and you shouldn't be trying to force them to think otherwise.
That's where my problem lies, not necessarily with your disappointment with Nintendo atm.

Then they shouldn't have led us on in advertising that Pokemon would be anything more than consumables.

Understandable.

And I'm not trying to force them into it. If they're allowed to say how great Nintendo is, then I have the right to be cynical about their treatment of their fans.
#84 Posted: 21:19:42 15/06/2016
Quote:
When the thing that most people are excited for is the Waluigi amiibo, that says something about your conference.

buddy you need to sit down and throw your biased and emotional reactions out the window and start looking at facts

Breath of the Wild may not be you cup of tea, but the vast majority of people are all over it.

It is the least of Nintendo's problems. No, it isn't a problem at all, it's exactly what they've needed. They need more games like it.

https://mynintendonews.com/201...n-social-media/

[User Posted Image]
---
#85 Posted: 21:26:24 15/06/2016
Quote: sonicbrawler182
Quote:

buddy you need to sit down and throw your biased and emotional reactions out the window and start looking at facts

Breath of the Wild may not be you cup of tea, but the vast majority of people are all over it.

It is the least of Nintendo's problems. No, it isn't a problem at all, it's exactly what they've needed. They need more games like it.

https://mynintendonews.com/201...n-social-media/

[User Posted Image]

Okay, sorry for not being an emotionless robot then, Spock.

The only reason people are all over it is because it's been promised for years and it's a Zelda title. I guarantee that if they led E3 with ANYTHING else, including Pokemon Sun and Moon, it wouldn't have gotten near they hype it has now.

And yes, they do need more games like it. They need more games that actually fulfill the wishes of the fans rather than shallow cash grabs and empty promises.
#86 Posted: 21:36:18 15/06/2016
I meant in the context of this instance.

You were literally throwing a tantrum and acting like Zelda was this big problem because it wasn't your personal cup of tea, and then said "oh people are most excited about the Waluigi amiibo, goes to show how bad the stuff they had was", which completely ignores both how people are CLEARLY hyped for Zelda, and the fact most of the "hype" for the Waluigi amiibo is just ironic meme culture since he's literally a meme character.

Quote:
The only reason people are all over it is because it's been promised for years and it's a Zelda title.

Or maybe because it's just a really good, ambitious game.

Quote:
I guarantee that if they led E3 with ANYTHING else, including Pokemon Sun and Moon, it wouldn't have gotten near they hype it has now.

...No, because Zelda is one of their most popular franchises so people were going to keep an eye out for the brand new Zelda game regardless.

Quote:
And yes, they do need more games like it. They need more games that actually fulfill the wishes of the fans rather than shallow cash grabs and empty promises.

No, they need more ambitious games.

If they purely listened to fans, Breath of the Wild would not be the way it is.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:37:27 15/06/2016 by sonicbrawler182
#87 Posted: 21:47:06 15/06/2016
I meant in the context of this instance.

You were literally throwing a tantrum and acting like Zelda was this big problem because it wasn't your personal cup of tea, and then said "oh people are most excited about the Waluigi amiibo, goes to show how bad the stuff they had was", which completely ignores both how people are CLEARLY hyped for Zelda, and the fact most of the "hype" for the Waluigi amiibo is just ironic meme culture since he's literally a meme character.

Quote:
The only reason people are all over it is because it's been promised for years and it's a Zelda title.

Or maybe because it's just a really good, ambitious game.

Quote:
I guarantee that if they led E3 with ANYTHING else, including Pokemon Sun and Moon, it wouldn't have gotten near they hype it has now.

...No, because Zelda is one of their most popular franchises so people were going to keep an eye out for the brand new Zelda game regardless.

Quote:

No, they need more ambitious games.

If they purely listened to fans, Breath of the Wild would not be the way it is.

Literally how is the new Zelda "ambitious"? It's doing what SHOULD have been done before, but wasn't. An open world Zelda isn't ambitious, if that's what you're thinking. Tons of other companies have made open world fantasy games with varying degrees of success. Just because it's open world doesn't mean its special. There is no way this is ambitious, because from what I've seen, it's all stuff that's been done before by other companies that actually listen to fans.
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#88 Posted: 22:00:09 15/06/2016
There's no doubt that Sony had the best conference, but I can't really think of much that got my interest there so by default Nintendo 'won' for me personally, simply because Breath of the Wild appeals to me, Sun and Moon appeals to me, and Ever Oasis (that was the name, right?) caught my eye. smilie
#89 Posted: 22:16:07 15/06/2016
Quote:
Literally how is the new Zelda "ambitious"? It's doing what SHOULD have been done before, but wasn't. An open world Zelda isn't ambitious, if that's what you're thinking. Tons of other companies have made open world fantasy games with varying degrees of success. Just because it's open world doesn't mean its special. There is no way this is ambitious, because from what I've seen, it's all stuff that's been done before by other companies that actually listen to fans.

It's ambitious because of the size of the world in relation to how much there is to do in it.

Not to mention you can literally interact with everything. You can cut down any tree and it will fall with real physics, which can be used to make loose bridges, for example.

And you can actually do this in-game:

[User Posted Image]

You can even go fight the Final Boss straight away if you feel crazy enough to do it.

If you actually watched the streams and videos you would see how much ambition and stuff this game has to offer.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:16:50 15/06/2016 by sonicbrawler182
#90 Posted: 22:25:14 15/06/2016
Quote:

It's ambitious because of the size of the world in relation to how much there is to do in it.

Not to mention you can literally interact with everything. You can cut down any tree and it will fall with real physics, which can be used to make loose bridges, for example.

And you can actually do this in-game:

[User Posted Image]

You can even go fight the Final Boss straight away if you feel crazy enough to do it.

If you actually watched the streams and videos you would see how much ambition and stuff this game has to offer.

And there have been bigger games that offer more than what's offered in this one.

Yeah, I saw that. Once again, something that should have been done a long time ago.

Why would I want to do that?

I did watch the streams, and was still unimpressed. Don't make stupid assumptions.
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#91 Posted: 22:40:49 15/06/2016
LMFAO

y'all getting petty for no reason

you can't ever have a civilized argument on ds what am i saying *shruggie*
---
My life is complete.
#92 Posted: 22:44:50 15/06/2016
Quote:
Yeah, I saw that. Once again, something that should have been done a long time ago.

You mean by every other game right? Because Zelda is the first to do it.

Quote:
I did watch the streams, and was still unimpressed. Don't make stupid assumptions.

It's not an assumption when your comments yesterday and now today quite clearly showed you had very little knowledge of what the game was actually like.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:45:33 15/06/2016 by sonicbrawler182
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me