darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Imaginators: a more logical evolution of the series
Page 1 of 1
Imaginators: a more logical evolution of the series
thatmovieguy Green Sparx Gems: 424
#1 Posted: 03:48:29 07/06/2016 | Topic Creator
After the release of Swap Force, I had taken a break from the Skylanders franchise, even though I loved it. At the time, I only had a Wii, so I wanted to wait until I got a more powerful system to continue through it. Plus, my wallet needed a break, lol. Amazingly, I ended up with a PS4 last Christmas, and seeing the Trap Team starter pack going for $20, I decided to pick it up.

I LOVED it! It was a fun story, rich with personality, and boasted INCREDIBLE graphics. I was so happy to see the Skylanders I'd had since Day One in full, glorious HD. I really enjoyed the villains, too; each was unique and had a great shtick going for them. So I'm ready to get back into the franchise once again!

However, I think I'll end up skipping Superchargers, because with everything I've seen of Imaginators, it seems like THAT should've been the game after TT. With it turning villains into fully-fledged Skylanders, adding the ability to create your own characters, and Kaos creating evil Doomlanders. It's a more logical successor to Trap Team than Superchargers with it's vehicles (which only work in specific sections) and "villain drivers" (which, again, only playable in sections).

So I think I'll end up skipping Superchargers because, well, it kind of feels like I should. Here's hoping, though, that the next game's open world, and that the old vehicles allow you to traverse the game world easier. Maybe then I'll go back and get into it.
---
You're not going crazy. You're going sane in a crazy world!
-- The Tick
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#2 Posted: 05:11:26 07/06/2016
Superchargers will definitely always be the black sheep of the Skylanders series (unless VV releases an even blacker sheep next time...), but I do think it has a lot of merits that will be better appreciated years from now after the fanbase has gotten plenty of other Skylanders games that provide more traditional gameplay. Especially since it'll be dirt cheap by then.

But yeah, if you're not really feeling the vehicle gimmick then at this point you're better off skipping it for now. You can still buy some superchargers figures for use in Imaginators, and maybe even a couple vehicles to test out in Imaginators' racing mode to see how you like it.
---
Boop me if you see this.
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#3 Posted: 20:00:00 07/06/2016
Yeah you should skip SuperChargers, it isn't the best...
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#4 Posted: 05:45:05 08/06/2016
Quote: Kevin16
Yeah you should skip SuperChargers, it isn't the best...

See I don't agree with that. While I wasn't a total fan of all the vehicle stuff the actual campaign was AMAZING. I had more laugh out loud moments in Super Chargers than I have in any game in quite some time. Seriously, I think Superchargers might have been the most fun I've had with the Story in the entire franchise. I mean come on, that "end fight" had me in stitches with the "Super Chargers" song with the credits and then...(well if you know then you know...).
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#5 Posted: 08:42:09 08/06/2016
Absolutely agree with Tigorus.

It was plain terrible under certain aspects, the Story Mode wasn't one of them.
The levels were unique all always had a special twist, the plot was well written and had some pretty intense moments and the characters had an interesting development.

I definitely recommend you to at least buy the game and a Land Vehicle.
If you like the story of Skylanders you won't regret it. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#6 Posted: 10:57:41 08/06/2016
Yeah there was some really amazing cutscenes, a lot of work went into the story,and the levels were really inventive, just a little short coz of all the vehicle related stuff.

Playing the game with just a land vehicle is probably the best method to play through the story so it doesn't drag on.
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#7 Posted: 11:34:49 08/06/2016
Some level designs were amazing in SC (cloud kingdom, the library, etc), plus it's the first one with online features.

I think it's worth it.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#8 Posted: 16:28:34 08/06/2016
Quote: B-BOB358
Yeah there was some really amazing cutscenes, a lot of work went into the story,and the levels were really inventive, just a little short coz of all the vehicle related stuff.

Playing the game with just a land vehicle is probably the best method to play through the story so it doesn't drag on.

Technical superiority with graphics and story is in SuperChargers, and for that alone deserves its place in the ranks. The major buzzkill is the wreckage of the forced gimmick gameplay that interrupts flow and takes you OUT OF the Skylanders experience. I think history will view it this way.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me