Page 1 of 1
Class defining characteristics
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#1 Posted: 03:31:41 06/06/2016 | Topic Creator
thought people might just want to study the class constellation images for detail And discussion

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#2 Posted: 04:01:23 06/06/2016
It looks like the picture for Knight is using the Smasher design by mistake.

But anyway, just going by the symbols it seems like the fighting styles are like this:

Knight: Longswords

Ninja: Ninja stars and stealth attacks

Bazooker: Rocket launchers and cannons

Sorcerer: Spellcasting

Quickshot: Guns

Brawl: Punching based attacks (with maybe wrist gauntlets or brass knuckles)

Sentinel: staff weapons (maybe with an emphasis on twirling them to deflect attacks?)

Swashbuckler: Dual blades

Bowslinger: Archery

Smasher: Heavy melee weapons
---
Boop me if you see this.
Red Riding Hood Green Sparx Gems: 304
#3 Posted: 04:05:50 06/06/2016
I'm feeling that sorcerers, sentinels, and maybe swashbucklers will be more of the unique classes. At least in the sense where they differ from other skylanders and each other skylander to be released with this game, but we will have to see I guess.
---
-----
Star Strike Main smilie
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#4 Posted: 07:02:34 06/06/2016
Knight: One handed sword. The other hand may wield shield.

Ninja: Fast short range melee weapons. Maybe stealth moves as well and small range attacks (shurikens)

Bazooker: Heavy fire weapons.

Sorcerer: Offensive long range spellcasting.

Quickshot: Light fire weapons.

Brawl: Fist gameplay style. Martial arts.

Sentinel: Long melee weapons: separs, trident. Maybe some healing skills as well.

Swashbuckler: Dual sword wielding.

Bowslinger: Bows.

Smasher: Heavy melee weapon.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
#5 Posted: 12:36:01 06/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Also your right, I think I took the screenshot just at the wrong time so the knight class has the pic of the smasher, but alwell everyone knows what I knight is.

I think we can find the best examples of these styles in already existing characters.

KNight - easily stuff similar to knight light and nightmare , solid weapon combos with elemental attacks to assist their melee

Ninja - I think the best example of this would be stealth elf, but the ds version when she had throwing stars.

Bazooker- definitely stuff like Ka boom

Sorcerer- Enigma style

Quickshot- easily food fight and bouncer types

Brawler- I think this might be a really interesting class , as actual weapons don't seem to be required. Seems like armour and gear will be the defining point.

Sentinel- it's hard to tell but I think zoolou might be a good example here.

Swashbuckler- I think swashbucklers might not just be limited to swords, but duel handed weapons in general, e.g. Twin axes, ooo and twin pirate hooks.

Archers- are easy, flameslnger and snap shot Styles with bows and elemental backup attacks .

Smashers - are definately Crusher types , but may also stretch to bushwhack style. I love the mace in the pic .
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:37:15 06/06/2016 by B-BOB358
Quid Yellow Sparx Gems: 1577
#6 Posted: 13:12:16 06/06/2016
Here's a screenshot of the Knight:

[User Posted Image]

I'll be very happy if the brawler is a 'weaponless' class. Martial artist Imaginators!
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#7 Posted: 13:14:08 06/06/2016
I'm kinda surprised that no one's brought up the obvious Trigger Happy or Food Fight in the room yet.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#8 Posted: 13:16:36 06/06/2016
Quote: AdamGregory03
I'm kinda surprised that no one's brought up the obvious Trigger Happy or Food Fight in the room yet.

Their parts, that is.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#9 Posted: 13:38:01 06/06/2016
Quote: AdamGregory03

It was already brought up in other threads.
From what I can tell they are mostly a way to showcase how much we'll get to modify our Imaginator, going further than big and small Swappers-like humanoids.

Also, I think characters like Dune Bug and Hoot Loop give a better idea of Sorcerers than Enigma, Who still uses his staff mostly for melee attacks and summonings instead of shooting projectiles, at least fron what I can tell for now.
Still unsure about Sentinels: they most likely use long ranged weapons such as spears, haleberds and double ended ones but I guess they might also have healing or summoning abilities which would help them differentiate even more from other Classes.

Brawlers definitely use weapons (you can see the red constellation segments on the fists, just like for the other Classes' weapons) like caestus but you might have the option to not use any of them, unlike the other Classes.
That would be really interesting.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#10 Posted: 13:58:09 06/06/2016
Seems that melee/ranged are evenly split.
Ranged: Ninja, bazooker, quickshot, sorcerer, bowslinger
Melee: Brawler, smasher, knight, sentinel, swashbuckler

Other Characteristics, melee/ranged
Dual-wield (small): Brawler / Ninja
Dual-wield (medium): Swashbuckler / Quickshot
Single light weapon: Knight / Bowslinger
Single heavy weapon: Smasher / Bazooker
Single long weapon: Sentinel / Sorcerer
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:03:28 06/06/2016 by Nightmoon
#11 Posted: 14:41:24 06/06/2016 | Topic Creator
If they really have evened out the ranged and close combat fighters. its a good sigh. The general trend in the last few games has been that pretty exclusive close combaters (like slam bam and fright rider etc) have been at a pretty big disadvantage( e.g. alot of enemies were too dangerous to fight close range, and close combaters also struggled with waves, having to run to any enemy before being able to land damage.

So id hope that this means they designed the game a bit more evenly to the classes, so just running around and shooting projectiles isnt the easiest/best strategy.
---
Fizzle Blue Sparx Gems: 854
#12 Posted: 16:43:59 06/06/2016
Maybe off topic but looking at the bowslinger and quickshot class pictures you can see Flameslinger and Food Fight but the other pictures are characters we haven't seen before. Do you guys think these could be new Senseis or maybe new enemies like the new drow or just some generic artwork they threw in there?
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#13 Posted: 17:15:29 06/06/2016
Quote: Fizzle
Maybe off topic but looking at the bowslinger and quickshot class pictures you can see Flameslinger and Food Fight but the other pictures are characters we haven't seen before. Do you guys think these could be new Senseis or maybe new enemies like the new drow or just some generic artwork they threw in there?

We already know there'll be Skylanders character parts. Camo tail, Hex headdress, Knight Light wings and many others have been found - in fact Swashbuckler is using a Ninjinni leg set; those are probably just head pieces.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:17:30 06/06/2016 by Bifrost
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#14 Posted: 20:37:18 06/06/2016
Does anyone notice the Bazooker has a clear outline of Chop Chop? Just thought it was cool :3
Anyway, so I'm going to take some guesses of what elements will be having what classes. I'll start with Water.

We know Water has a Brawler, because of King Pen, and that other Water character seems to be a Quickshot.
And if Gulper is the villain... it will probably be Sentinel.

Water: Brawler, Quickshot, Sentinel.
Fire: Sentinel (all we know so far)
Life: Knight
Air: Knight
Earth: Smasher, Sorcerer
Undead: Bowslinger

For the ones we know so far.
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:37:40 06/06/2016 by Luminous35
#15 Posted: 22:56:10 06/06/2016
You know, looking at those two designs makes me wonder if we'll have the option to completely remove certain body parts in order to create more unique characters.
For example, we could remove the legs and turn our tail into the Imaginator's lower body or we could also remove the head and focus solely on one big eye.

In this case, I think we might be able to completely remove the body so that the limbs are connected directly to the head.

I know at least two of those configurations are there; what I'm unsure about is the fact they are obtained by manipulating basic parts or if they are simply special ones (so that the limbless tail is actually a special kind of legs).
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Blink182Bouncer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1659
#16 Posted: 23:23:44 06/06/2016
We know we have a translucent body type....
---
Still Waiting For Legendary Tom DeLonge To Come In The Blink-182 Triple Pack.
WHY DID THEY MAKE MATT SKIBA "CALIFORNIA EDITION EXCLUSIVE"
#17 Posted: 00:14:42 07/06/2016
Quote: Blink182Bouncer

[User Posted Image]

Apparently there is a translucet head as well (you can see the top of hit at the bottom of Squid Head's column).
Maybe those parts make the part itself disappear...?
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#18 Posted: 01:30:31 07/06/2016
We know how those parts look like, it's the default.

[User Posted Image]

Those seem to be the closest to removal you can get with the required parts, while optional parts are, obviously, optional, thus removable.
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
#19 Posted: 01:44:30 07/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: Drek95
You know, looking at those two designs makes me wonder if we'll have the option to completely remove certain body parts in order to create more unique characters.
For example, we could remove the legs and turn our tail into the Imaginator's lower body or we could also remove the head and focus solely on one big eye.

In this case, I think we might be able to completely remove the body so that the limbs are connected directly to the head.

I know at least two of those configurations are there; what I'm unsure about is the fact they are obtained by manipulating basic parts or if they are simply special ones (so that the limbless tail is actually a special kind of legs).

I'm pretty sure they are Special legs, it would be a bit of work on the tails to make them all work as legs without some decent specific programming, as not all the tails are gonna be long snd snake like , they'll probably be a pigs curly tails for example.

we've seen a snake tail, ninjini's/persephones tail and a levitating fish tail in place of legs so I think we'll see a few more specific leg alternatives.

I'm hoping for centaur legs from knightmare at least , so we can almost make 4 legged animals lol.
---
#20 Posted: 07:01:48 07/06/2016
Quote: Drek95
Quote: Blink182Bouncer

[User Posted Image]

Apparently there is a translucet head as well (you can see the top of hit at the bottom of Squid Head's column).
Maybe those parts make the part itself disappear...?

I just keep wondering why they have named the purple heads in the third and foruth row "human heads" if they are, well,...purple.
---
#21 Posted: 07:49:33 07/06/2016 | Topic Creator
its the best description for them , and you can always change the colours.

My issue is that these human designs exist.
the closest we've had to humans in skylands were ELfs etc ( except for portal masters) .
But that knight picture looks really human, like a DI character. It doesn't fit with the world.
---
#22 Posted: 08:06:44 07/06/2016
Quote: B-BOB358
its the best description for them , and you can always change the colours.

My issue is that these human designs exist.
the closest we've had to humans in skylands were ELfs etc ( except for portal masters) .
But that knight picture looks really human, like a DI character. It doesn't fit with the world.

I suppose they human heads are there for kids that want to make themselves or someone they admire as an Imaginator. While humans don't really 'fit' into Skylands, lore wise it does have an explanation - as a product of imagination made real, the Imaginators don't have to follow the rules of the world anyway. I probably won't be using the human faces much myself, but I'm glad that other players will have the option.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:09:08 07/06/2016 by Quid
#23 Posted: 09:32:33 07/06/2016
^I guess I'm one of these people who like to make human characters.

It has been mentioned in another thread I believe that humans are, indeed, in skylands, but only a very few of them.
---
#24 Posted: 11:50:15 07/06/2016
Quote: angelg
^I guess I'm one of these people who like to make human characters.

It has been mentioned in another thread I believe that humans are, indeed, in skylands, but only a very few of them.

I actually have this silly idea that humans are not only exceptionally rare in Skylanders, but all of them have portal master powers - so they were almost entirely wiped out with the rest of the portal masters. Also because of this, the term 'portal master' was often used to refer to the human race, and nowadays the word 'human' has become obsolete (hence why Eon is always called a 'portal master' and not a human in-game). There's probably something in canon that disproves this, but w/e ; ) But hey, all the humans that play Skylanders are 'portal masters', sooo....

Off-topic theories aside, you're right that there's nothing wrong with human Imaginators lore-wise.
#25 Posted: 12:16:24 07/06/2016
Dunno, Eon was a servant of Nattybumpo so humans weren't all special.
What I do wonder is if we can have floating weapon mods, and thus the possibility of quadruped models. We see a character floating and doing hand gestures while their wand twirls on its own, though it could be just an idle animation.
---
#26 Posted: 12:26:29 07/06/2016
My guess is that certain weapons will change your character's "pose" more than others.

I assume that wand belonged either to Sorcerer or Sentinel weaponry and maybe your Imaginator is forced to use that floating pose if he uses it.
That or it's some special equipped item.
Definitely not a simple idle animation from what I can tell.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Rovaulin Green Sparx Gems: 447
#27 Posted: 16:52:54 08/06/2016
I'm not too crazy about humanesque skylanders either. In my mind humans can't be skylanders, since they are the portal masters. All the human looking skylanders we had so far, were specifically stated to be something other then human (golding, elf...).

-Rov
---
Hey there! I don't comment much, but I'm always watching! =)
-Rov
Shin Majin Yellow Sparx Gems: 1145
#28 Posted: 17:28:15 08/06/2016
Quote: Rovaulin
I'm not too crazy about humanesque skylanders either. In my mind humans can't be skylanders, since they are the portal masters. All the human looking skylanders we had so far, were specifically stated to be something other then human (golding, elf...).

-Rov

Ah, but the human Imaginators aren't necessarily human. They could just be made in a human image.
---
Team quadruped.
Joseph > Jotaro
Squicman Yellow Sparx Gems: 1552
#29 Posted: 21:04:07 08/06/2016
All these images seem like the characters in them are imaginators (custom), like the bazooker with Chop Chop -like head but robot legs, or the Swashbucler with Ninjini's body and head but different weapons. If this is true, then the Ninja and Gunslinger show that it is possible to make Trigger Happy sized characters. The Ninja is from new parts, and gunslinger is made from Food Fight's head/body and different weapons.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me