Page 1 of 1
Possible Dreamcatcher Concept [CLOSED]
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#1 Posted: 15:33:46 05/06/2016 | Topic Creator
So with Doom Raiders getting figures, everyone is speculating on what they will be like and what class each one will be part of. There is still one character that is in question, however - Dreamcatcher. Because she is just a floating head, I think that she would have many limitations as a Skylander. Her figure would be difficult to make because she would have to balance on something or have supportive struts. It would be hard for her to fit into a class with her conditions. In fact, I'm even speculating we might see Krankenstein as an Air Bazooker instead. However, I know many of you are fans of Dreamcatcher, so I thought of a possible alternative for her:

What if she didn't necessarily fight herself? What if she mind-controls a Shadow Duke that fights for her?

It's a confusing yet interesting concept. She would float around, and a living suit of armor would follow her, as she is controlling it with her mind. Her primary attack would be that she controls the knight to perform deadly combos with his sword, while her secondary could be that she summons her little Claw minions. The second attack can be upgraded so she can summon more minions at a time. The third attack is where things get interesting. When pressed, Dreamcatcher will release her grip on the Shadow Duke, and it, now lifeless, will fall to the ground with a clatter. She will then float around on her own, and be able to perform her own attacks. Her first attack would allow her to release dream tornadoes like she did in Trap Team, while her second attack stays the same. Her third attack would allow her to reconnect with the knight, bringing it back to life and having their moveset go back to normal. Their Soul Gem would be that once they reconnect, they will have a powerful bond between them that shortly makes them both more powerful. If Dream Catcher disconnects while the bond is still present, there will be a giant energy explosion that does massive damage to enemies.

If this was the concept that they choose, I think that this would either put her in the Knight Class or the Sentinel Class, due to how the Shadow Duke would play. I think this is a very unlikely concept, but if they put Dreamcatcher in, I think this would be the coolest way to do it. However, this still doesn't solve the problem of how her figure would work.

So, what do you think of this idea? Do you think it's a good way to try and bring Dreamcatcher into the game? Do you have other ideas for how she would play? Share what you want to say below.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
Skylandskid Blue Sparx Gems: 721
#2 Posted: 16:05:50 05/06/2016
Please, just give me my Dreamcatcher. And nice concept!
---
rest in peace, Dreamcatcher
Akseyomiht Yellow Sparx Gems: 1494
#3 Posted: 16:06:30 05/06/2016
I have to disagree, I see Dream catcher as really easy desing, really simple (not bad), there are ways to balance a head figure, using the hair as supportive struts or adding a cloud effect under like the warmando ligthcore figure

Don't get me wrong your idea is cool
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:08:04 05/06/2016 by Akseyomiht
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#4 Posted: 17:48:25 05/06/2016
Quote: Akseyomiht
I have to disagree, I see Dream catcher as really easy desing, really simple (not bad), there are ways to balance a head figure, using the hair as supportive struts or adding a cloud effect under like the warmando ligthcore figure

Yeah, but what would her class be?
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#5 Posted: 17:50:00 05/06/2016
Giving Dreamcatcher a body would make her 35% less attractive.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#6 Posted: 17:54:17 05/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bionichute
Giving Dreamcatcher a body would make her 35% less attractive.

No - she wouldn't have a body. She would still be a floating head. She would just a have knight minion stand by her side and attack enemies for her.
---
Akseyomiht Yellow Sparx Gems: 1494
#7 Posted: 19:32:16 05/06/2016
Quote: Deja Vu
Quote: Akseyomiht

Yeah, but what would her class be?

No idea but Wolfgang is bowslinger...
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#8 Posted: 20:04:15 05/06/2016
Like Zelda's ....I forgot the name of the enemy that she summons in Smash, referencing that she has some control over them in some of her games? It'd be pretty nice, especially if Sentinel's a bit of a tank.

However, I think the best enemy for her to control would be a Pain Glass(we don't actually have screenshots of them but it's the guys on Spell Punk Library). They're a lot more odd-looking just like her and float around, perfect to align one with Air.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#9 Posted: 20:17:31 05/06/2016
I feel like her controlling a minion would make it less a Dreamcatcher character and more the enemy, kinda ruins the point of the Skylander.

Besides, she already has some form of playstyle in Trap team, why drastically change it?
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#10 Posted: 20:19:02 05/06/2016 | Topic Creator
I feel like her controlling a minion would make it less a Dreamcatcher character and more the enemy, kinda ruins the point of the Skylander.

Besides, she already has some form of playstyle in Trap team, why drastically change it?

Because she doesn't fit into any classes with her current style.
---
#11 Posted: 20:19:49 05/06/2016
There's probably better ways to do that than to take everything away from her.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
#12 Posted: 20:21:25 05/06/2016 | Topic Creator
There's probably better ways to do that than to take everything away from her.

I mean, I'd rather have Krankenstein as a Bazooker. This is just how Dreamcatcher could work if she was in.
---
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#13 Posted: 20:31:52 05/06/2016
I'd rather not have Krankenstein at all, which is why I fully support this idea. She still could have psychic powers to hold up a weapon though, no one said she has to use fists if she isn't a Brawler.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#14 Posted: 20:45:16 05/06/2016
Even if she was a brawler, her tertiary attack in Trap Team was bashing her head on the ground and conjuring a tornado, so it's not much of a stretch to imagine her launching herself at enemies and head-bashing them. It would definitely be comical, but that's nothing new in Skylanders.
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
Skylandskid Blue Sparx Gems: 721
#15 Posted: 20:53:58 05/06/2016
Maybe sentinel with her dream spider things that she can control and for the figure have the spider things underneath her?
---
rest in peace, Dreamcatcher
GamerZack7 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1709
#16 Posted: 22:26:30 05/06/2016
Maybe her figure will be surrounded by translucent dream energy, which could act as a support for her floating head form, as well as a means for her weapon/implement to "levitate".

Quote: Bifrost
Like Zelda's ....I forgot the name of the enemy that she summons in Smash

You mean the Phantom? smilie
---
MY SUPERCHARGER SKYLANDERS
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie | *smilie* | smiliesmilie*smilie*smiliesmilie | smilie | smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
*Currently absent*
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:26:53 05/06/2016 by GamerZack7
Fizzle Blue Sparx Gems: 854
#17 Posted: 02:49:20 06/06/2016
I could see them just letting her use a floating weapon with telekinesis but I think it could be funny if she used her hair as arms and hands and control something with that
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me