darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Giants > The Army of The Darkness (A Skylanders challenge): Giants
Page 1 of 1
The Army of The Darkness (A Skylanders challenge): Giants [CLOSED]
abstractsardine Gold Sparx Gems: 2244
#1 Posted: 13:33:52 05/06/2016 | Topic Creator
[User Posted Image]

Thanks HeyitsHotDog for the challenge name.

I've been working on this challenge for almost a year now.
The purpose of this challenge is to test your skills in nightmare mode, but with a few extra rules to make it tougher!
Are you up for it?

-----

The rules:

Once a skylander is defeated they can't revive for two chapters.
If you lose a S1, S2, LC etc. all of the other versions and variants will also need to revive.
You can only do this challenge solo, no playing with friends.
If all of your skylanders are defeated you lose.
Giants will need to wait for three chapters to revive.
For chapter 16, all skylanders will revive.
You have to stick with the skylander you're currently playing as until they're defeated.
No magic items.
When you lose, post the chapter you where you lost.
Lastly, if you beat the game then post it on this topic, and post how many skylanders remained.

-----

Active portal masters:

Captainfishlip
StormDragon21

-----

Defeated portal masters:

Drawdler - Chapter 8
MugoUrth - Chapter 15

-----

Victorious portal masters:

LameLime - 36 Characters

-----

Good luck and have fun!
Edited 15 times - Last edited at 17:47:01 18/06/2016 by abstractsardine
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#2 Posted: 13:38:08 05/06/2016
I'm not gonna do this, but GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE WHO DOES!
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#3 Posted: 13:45:44 05/06/2016
I have a full army of Skylanders, although I only have access to certain figures. A few questions...

How many Skylanders am I allowed per level?
Must I reset them for this challenge?
What about collectables? Are they usable?
What about Heroic Challenges or Arena Challenges?
Can I farm money from the ship?
#4 Posted: 13:48:43 05/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: MugoUrth
I have a full army of Skylanders, although I only have access to certain figures. A few questions...

How many Skylanders am I allowed per level?
What about collectables? Are they usable?
What about Heroic Challenges or Arena Challenges?
Can I farm money from the ship?

Any skylander that's active.
No.
Only magic items are restricted.
Those do give you stat boosts but it doesn't give you much of an advantage
Go ahead.
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5683
#5 Posted: 19:03:46 05/06/2016
The problem I see with this is the lack of a restriction for how many Skylanders you have. Veterans like me have a large collection, and even back in Giants there were forty non-repose/variant Skylanders. A lot of people here, if not most, can accomplish this challenge pretty easily.

I just suggest maybe an eight Skylander restriction, one of each element. It’s easy to remember what you have knocked out, and it also acts as a tension builder if you lose a lot of Skylanders in a level.
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
#6 Posted: 19:09:33 05/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: zookinator
The problem I see with this is the lack of a restriction for how many Skylanders you have. Veterans like me have a large collection, and even back in Giants there were forty non-repose/variant Skylanders. A lot of people here, if not most, can accomplish this challenge pretty easily.

I just suggest maybe an eight Skylander restriction, one of each element. It’s easy to remember what you have knocked out, and it also acts as a tension builder if you lose a lot of Skylanders in a level.

Hmm... maybe if you lose a S1 it will effect all of the other versions of that character....
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5683
#7 Posted: 19:13:37 05/06/2016
A lot of users on the forums never really collected the reposes or variants, and while some did get them, there are still quite a few Skylanders to choose from even with that restriction. Forty lasts for quite a while, even in Nightmare. Especially without resetting.
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
#8 Posted: 19:30:22 05/06/2016 | Topic Creator
A lot of users on the forums never really collected the reposes or variants, and while some did get them, there are still quite a few Skylanders to choose from even with that restriction. Forty lasts for quite a while, even in Nightmare. Especially without resetting.

True, characters like Sunburn will be unaffected by that rule, but only so many characters work with Giants. With that rule in mind it limits down the roster to about 40 characters. The majority of these characters have reposes and variants.
LameLime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1200
#9 Posted: 19:46:47 05/06/2016
Well I have been coming around in a 100% Nightmare Mode run. I have 3-starred the first three levels.

Count me in. I'll start soonish.
---
NOSTALGA-LANDERS COLLECTION (Spyro's Adventure)
30/32 Skylanders -- 4/4 Levels -- 8/9 Items (Includes VV)
Missing: smilie smilie + Ghost Swords
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#10 Posted: 21:40:49 05/06/2016
Quote: abstractsardine

True, characters like Sunburn will be unaffected by that rule, but only so many characters work with Giants. With that rule in mind it limits down the roster to about 40 characters. The majority of these characters have reposes and variants.

48 actually.
#11 Posted: 21:42:31 05/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: weebbby

48 actually.

Oh, yeah, left out a few....
#12 Posted: 08:57:15 06/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: Drawdler
Do you have to reset your characters? I'll probably join, it'd be more fun than just replaying SA again, plus I don't think I finished Nightmare Mode on Wii U anyway.

Also, do you get bonus points for collectables, or is it better to just run througg as fast as yu can?

Nah, you don't need to reset any of your characters. I suggest taking your time, you can get collectibles if you want but it won't really affect the final result.
Captainfishlip Green Sparx Gems: 415
#13 Posted: 17:48:46 06/06/2016
I'll do this I've already done Swap Force Nightmare mode and might as well make my Giants run interesting
---
SA 31/32 SG 16/16 SF 27/32 TT 30/52 SC 9/20 SCV 3/20 SI 3/31
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5537
#14 Posted: 01:42:43 07/06/2016
Sign me up! I need a break from all of my phone games to play console games.
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
#15 Posted: 09:59:18 11/06/2016

No.

So... there's nothing stopping me from leveling up eight Skylanders to max before starting this challenge?
#16 Posted: 13:21:40 11/06/2016 | Topic Creator

No.

So... there's nothing stopping me from leveling up eight Skylanders to max before starting this challenge?

Well if you can then go ahead.
#17 Posted: 19:44:12 11/06/2016
ooh I forgot about this for a while. I'm currently finished Secret Vault so almost halfway. What a thrill. Continuing soon.
---
#18 Posted: 01:26:02 12/06/2016

No.

Well if you can then go ahead.

Then I guess I'm in.

Edit 2: Current Update.

Starting Team:
Bash
Flameslinger
Boomer
Slam Bam
Chop Chop
Pop Fizz
Camo
Whirlwind

Level 1:
Played with: Bash
Injured Skylanders: None
Won With: Bash

Level 2:
Played with: Bash, Flameslinger
Injured Skylanders: Bash
Won With: Flameslinger

Level 3:
Played with: Flameslinger, Boomer
Injured Skylanders: Flameslinger
Won With: Boomer

Level 4:
Played with: Boomer, Slam Bam
Injured Skylanders: Boomer
Won With: Slam Bam

Level 5:
Played with: Slam Bam
Recovered Skylanders: Bash

Level 6:
Played with: Slam Bam, Chop Chop, Pop Fizz
Injured Skylanders: Slam Bam, Chop Chop
Recovered Skylanders: Flameslinger
Won With: Pop Fizz

Level 7:
Played with: Pop Fizz
Recovered Skylanders: Boomer

Level 8:
Played with: Pop Fizz

Level 9:
Played with: Pop Fizz, Flameslinger, Camo, Whirlwind, Chop Chop, Bash
Injured Skylanders: Pop Fizz, Flameslinger, Camo, Whirlwind, Chop Chop
Recovered Skylanders: Slam Bam, Chop Chop
Won With: Technically Chop Chop, but he and Brute died at the same time, so I finished with Bash.

Level 10:
Played with: Bash
Recovered Skylanders: None
Won With: Bash

Level 11:
Played with: Bash, Slam Bam
Injured Skylanders: Bash
Recovered Skylanders: None

Current Level:
Currently Playing As: Slam Bam
Recovered Skylanders: Pop Fizz, Flameslinger, Camo, Whirlwind, Chop Chop
Estimated Injuries: One or two.

When I lost all of those Skylanders in Kaos' Kastle, I thought I was done for, but I managed to beat level 10, which is a really hard level, all with Bash alone, and managed to clear Drill X's Big Rig, a slightly easier level, mostly with Slam Bam. I am surprised I beat Drill X with just Slam Bam, as Slam Bam is not a good pick for fighting him.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:10:18 16/06/2016 by MugoUrth
#19 Posted: 12:06:09 16/06/2016
I've finished Level 12: Molekin Mountain yesterday. I plan to go fourth and finish up this morning, and I'm going to livestream this cleanup progress. Join me if you like, but however, "Parental advisory explicit content".

https://www.twitch.tv/robertwitchgaming

If you're seeing this right when it posted, I'm just getting a drink and setting up the elgato. I'll begin playing in 10-15 minutes after posting this.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:06:22 16/06/2016 by LameLime
#20 Posted: 14:17:39 16/06/2016
Ladies and gentlemen, the first winner of the challenge: Me!

I never played through the whole game in Nightmare Mode, but my god, was it tedious fighting big enemies and dealing with fainted heroes every few seconds. The most annoying part is when I spawn a skylander that it doesn't have time to react to incoming attacks from enemies. I had almost a full character set of 47 characters (16 new Giants characters and all but one in SSA). So I should suggest a large collection like that, which doesn't have to be a full one, is essential to make good progress and potentially beat the challenge. I actually had 11 knock-outs on the final level (36 remaining) . Whereas the penultimate one was about double. So Level 15 was the hardest level. The final boss wasn't as frustrating as that.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:18:58 16/06/2016 by LameLime
#21 Posted: 14:35:53 16/06/2016
I think level 14 is worse than 15. I'm currently on 14. I beat Molekin Mountain and The Oracle with Whirlwind, and lost Slam Bam and Boomer in Molekin Mountain. Whirlwind is the closest I've ever gotten to beating level 14 with one Skylander on a previous challenge run (Where I had to go through each level with only one Skylander, but I could choose which one), so I hope to at least get far. Those two Juggernauts are going to be hard.

I have to wonder what the designers were thinking with the Save the Princess Trial of Valor. It's a complete joke.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:38:28 16/06/2016 by MugoUrth
#22 Posted: 21:43:54 16/06/2016
Guess I had an easier time with it in the past. My challenge ended in level 15.
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#23 Posted: 03:55:42 07/09/2016
Ch 1 Terrafin S2
Ch 2 Terrafin S2
Ch 3 Terrafin S2, Legendary Lightcore Chill
Ch 4 Legendary Lightcore Chill
Ch 5 Legendary Lightcore Chill
Ch 6 Legendary Lightcore Chill, Stealth Elf S2, Hex S2
Ch 7 Hex S2
Ch 8 Hex S2, Drill Sergeant S2
Ch 9 Drill Sergeant S2
Ch 10 Drill Sergeant S2, Eye Brawl, Whirlwind S2, Flashwing, Ninjini, Sprocket, Terrafin S2, Royal Double Trouble, Stealth Elf S2
Ch 11 Stealth Elf S2, Gill Grunt S2, Swarm, Molten Hot Dog, Voodood
Ch 12 Voodood, Ignitor, Legendary Lightcore Chill
Ch 13 Legendary Lightcore Chill, Royal Double Trouble
Ch 14 Royal Double Trouble, Ninjini, Tree Rex, Molten Hot Dog, Stealth Elf S2
Ch 15 Stealth Elf S2, Sprocket, Chop Chop S2, Terrafin S2
Ch 16 Terrafin S2, Wham Shell, Ignitor, Molten Hot Dog, Gill Grunt S2, Scarlet Ninjini, Royal Double Trouble, Legendary Lightcore Chill.

12 Skylanders remain.

This was fun! It was easier than I thought, maybe because I have more Skylanders now and they are all leveled up, fully upgraded, and have all the heroic challenges done. I made it more challenging by only picking 20 Skylanders. I haven't played with Terrafin in so long I forgot how awesome he was. I was also surprised by some disappointments with some old favorites like Sprocket, Chop Chop, Eye Brawl, and Ignitor. I also preferred Scarlet Ninjini over regular now because the Ancient Djin path is more powerful at a range. Whirlwind and Drill Sergeant are still some favorites of mine that are underrated. Swarm is better than I remember. A couple that I would like to bump up to my favorites list after this challenge are Hex S2, Stealth Elf S2, and Tree Rex. And my new all-time favorite Skylander is... Legendary Lightcore Chill!!
---
Any last wishes?
Edited 10 times - Last edited at 03:19:50 08/09/2016 by Wishblade
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me