darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > It's not really interesting to discuss, but...
Page 1 of 1
It's not really interesting to discuss, but...
Drawdler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3133
#1 Posted: 15:32:18 03/06/2016 | Topic Creator
I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope they go back to SA-TT control scheme where the shoulder buttons could be used to attack. I hated the SC on-foot controls. Attacking with face buttons makes the moves feel so cramped together and it really sucked that there was no option to change that.
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#2 Posted: 15:37:51 03/06/2016
I went back to Trap Team the other day and I was not used to it, so I hope they don't.
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#3 Posted: 15:38:14 03/06/2016
Unfortunately, from what we've seen, R1 (R/Rsmilie is interact and R2 (ZR/RT) is "Soul Gem" for the Customlanders, so that pretty much confirms we'll only get the face buttons for attacks again.

EDIT
Quote: Luminous35
I went back to Trap Team the other day and I was not used to it, so I hope they don't.

It's optional... Just because you don't like it doesn't mean they should remove the option, when there are many who prefer using the shoulder buttons. You can still play SSA-STT perfectly fine using just the face buttons.
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:42:06 03/06/2016 by Nightmoon
Qcumber Yellow Sparx Gems: 1054
#4 Posted: 15:38:59 03/06/2016
In the Imaginators Move Selection menu, it shows that one of the shoulder buttons (forgotten which button) is used for the Sould Gem attack.
---
You can't handle MEMES
Drawdler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3133
#5 Posted: 15:40:46 03/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Aww, dammit... I knew about the Soul Gem thing for Imaginators but not the Interact button. Boooooo. There'd better be an option to change it this time :V
#6 Posted: 15:43:57 03/06/2016
Quote: Nightmoon
Unfortunately, from what we've seen, R1 (R/Rsmilie is interact and R2 (ZR/RT) is "Soul Gem" for the Customlanders, so that pretty much confirms we'll only get the face buttons for attacks again.

EDIT

It's optional... Just because you don't like it doesn't mean they should remove the option, when there are many who prefer using the shoulder buttons. You can still play SSA-STT perfectly fine using just the face buttons.

No, but the thing is, in Superchargers you press RB to interact with things, and thats what I'm used to. In Trap Team, you press RT.
---
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#7 Posted: 15:44:28 03/06/2016
At least there's button remapping on PS4, for those of us playing on that system...

EDIT:
No, but the thing is, in Superchargers you press RB to interact with things, and thats what I'm used to. In Trap Team, you press RT.

Well, the interact button has changed multiple times. Go back to SSA-SG and it's the top face button (triangle/Y/X) smilie
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:48:07 03/06/2016 by Nightmoon
#8 Posted: 15:45:24 03/06/2016
I'm playing on that system this year... I forgot.... oh yeaaaahhh
---
#9 Posted: 15:49:28 03/06/2016
At least there's button remapping on PS4, for those of us playing on that system...

EDIT:

Well, the interact button has changed multiple times. Go back to SSA-SG and it's the top face button (triangle/Y/X) smilie

I played on Wii during SSA - SSF.
Sorry for double post.
---
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4741
#10 Posted: 16:40:33 03/06/2016
What's weird is that I used to feel the exact opposite.

I've mostly played games where your main buttons are the frontal ones, so it kinda "shocked" me at first how the majority of new games uses the shoulder ones most of the time.
I passed a similar situation after analog sticks became mandatory, and now I find it really hard to play using the d-pad.

Long story short: I hope we'll have the possibility to use both types of buttons or at least to selection our favorite configuration, but I'll most likely end up using face buttons anyway. smilie

Could this possibily explain why I suck at triggering certain powers which require two buttons to be simultaneously pressed, such as Shroomboom's self shot or Hot Head's hot rod transformation...?
I'll definitely have to experiment a bit.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:48:45 03/06/2016 by Drek95
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3962
#11 Posted: 20:09:44 03/06/2016
I'd like to be able to use the shoulder buttons too so I can properly play Series 2 Flameslinger again.

I forgot about that, yay! smilie
---
bye
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2663
#12 Posted: 22:09:54 03/06/2016
Sooner or later I always broke some of my pad's buttons, so wouldn't be bad to have the option to change controls...just in case.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me