Page 1 of 1
A Theory About Skylanders Academy
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#1 Posted: 15:08:51 03/06/2016 | Topic Creator
If there's an appropriate topic for Academy, then I'll be totally fine with it being moved there, I just couldn't find it. Anyway, I have a theory regarding the show, but it's a simple one: The first season is going to be a redemption arc.

Why do I think this? Villain Senseis, that's why.
I mean, think about it. The Senseis are Skylanders that are teachers for the Imaginators. The Imaginators are new Skylanders, er go their teachers would have to be completely trustworthy. I'm aware the Golden Queen's new backstory states that the Doom Raiders (assuming all the Villain Senseis are the Doom Raiders) were sorting books for two years and they reconsidered their life choices and stuff like that, but if you'd ask me, that's not really enough to make everyone forget about your criminal record. The Doom Raiders have been described in Trap Team to be the most notorious villains in Skylands, even more so than Kaos, so I doubt everyone would just be totally accepting of the fact that these most wanted criminals are suddenly Skylanders now just because they sorted books.

Now, it's been confirmed that Kaos and the Doom Raiders will be a part of the show via Eric's Twitter, I believe. So here's how I believe the first season will go down:
In the first episode, the Doom Raiders are attempting to pull off the biggest heist of their lives, possibly by raiding the Academy or something like that, but are defeated and locked back up into Cloudcracker Prison by the end of the episode.
In the second episode, the Senseis are introduced, and they want to give the Doom Raiders the option of joining their ranks, to which they begrudgingly agree.
After that, the rest of that episode and season starts off where the Doom Raider's redemption story starts, except instead of reorganizing books, they're being trained to be Skylanders and Senseis, at first just to get out of jail, but overtime start to legitimately enjoy being heroes, all while Kaos tries to sabotage the Skylanders by attempting to convince the Raiders to stick to their villainous roots.

Not only would this be a better explanation for how the Doom Raiders became Senseis, but it would also provide a lot of comedic moments and character development. Although, maybe I'm mostly speaking from what I personally want to see...
So... Thoughts?
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#2 Posted: 15:12:42 03/06/2016
It's in General, though it's really a news topic so I think it fits here just as fine.

Eric Rogers confirmed Doom Raiders are the villains,though. Academy doesn't follow the game canon though it uses the same rules, same as the comics(since Graduation Day would mean the Doom Raiders only had an year for redemption, meaning the comics' events happened before Trap Team).
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#3 Posted: 23:17:35 03/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Huh... Surprised this hasn't gotten much attention. Oh well.

Anyway, I think Eric said that they weren't going to have any new villains because they wanted to focus on the Doom Raiders, not specifically that they were the villains. Or, maybe they are the villains until the end of the season or something.

I don't know, really, this is just my personal wishlist. Also I don't think it's been confirmed that Academy wouldn't follow the game's canon, just that it wouldn't be the exact same story.
---
Check this out! Please?
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#4 Posted: 00:07:18 04/06/2016
Quote: Bifrost
It's in General, though it's really a news topic so I think it fits here just as fine.

Eric Rogers confirmed Doom Raiders are the villains,though. Academy doesn't follow the game canon though it uses the same rules, same as the comics(since Graduation Day would mean the Doom Raiders only had an year for redemption, meaning the comics' events happened before Trap Team).

It was confirmed the show is canon, but follows it's own stories, actually.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#5 Posted: 23:23:28 04/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Deleted. smilie
---
Check this out! Please?
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 12:07:31 09/06/2016 by AdamGregory03
Rovaulin Green Sparx Gems: 447
#6 Posted: 03:46:54 09/06/2016
I like the redemption arc idea! Buuut, I think it would be better if the Doomraiders were villains for the majority of the show and could start on the path to goodness in the last few episodes. Then they could end the series with the villains starting their book sorting work. I could be kinda funny, with the Doomraiders like,

Chompy Mage: "It's just one library, and there's seven of us. How long could it take to sort a few books?"

Hugo opens the door to the academy library. Stacks and stacks of misplaced books lie everywhere, tall shelves stretch to the high ceiling, and the large room never seems to end, just fading out of view. A huge stack of books topples over, cascading to the ground.

All the Doomraiders look on, jaws dropped.

Hugo: "Good luck. I'll be in my study. And tell me when you're ready to move on to the next ten floors!"

Then the show would end, and it could sort of lead into Imaginators.

-Rov
---
Hey there! I don't comment much, but I'm always watching! =)
-Rov
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#7 Posted: 05:06:47 09/06/2016
God I hope the Academy is gone. I'm ready for a new hub. Let's not even have a hub. Let's have a base of operations that needs to keep changing since we're on the run from Kaos and the endless onslaught of vicious attacks from the Doomlanders who have intimate knowledge of Skylander bases and hideouts!!!!!
#8 Posted: 11:43:51 09/06/2016
Quote: Tigorus
God I hope the Academy is gone. I'm ready for a new hub. Let's not even have a hub. Let's have a base of operations that needs to keep changing since we're on the run from Kaos and the endless onslaught of vicious attacks from the Doomlanders who have intimate knowledge of Skylander bases and hideouts!!!!!

Read the posts on the thread before assuming everythibg, we're talking about the show.
---
#9 Posted: 14:27:30 09/06/2016

Read the posts on the thread before assuming everythibg, we're talking about the show.

Then why is this in the Skylanders: Imaginators section? Usually your quick to point that out. Regardless my post is still valid if an when the show or game reaches the point of covering the Doomlanders.
#10 Posted: 14:33:39 09/06/2016
Because the theory is about how the show will use the Doom Raiders given their Imaginators story. Maybe if you read the OP instead of me you'll find out why.

On topic, considering Eric said Season 2 will have focus on other skylanders than the leads, that might be a season finale thing for 1 too. Imaginators and its spoilers are already out, no need to hide that the Doom Raiders changed sides.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:38:30 09/06/2016 by Bifrost
PopFizzFan5 Red Sparx Gems: 52
#11 Posted: 14:35:34 09/06/2016

Then why is this in the Skylanders: Imaginators section? Usually your quick to point that out. Regardless my post is still valid if an when the show or game reaches the point of covering the Doomlanders.

There really isn't a Skylanders Academy section
#12 Posted: 14:41:18 09/06/2016
Quote: PopFizzFan5

There really isn't a Skylanders Academy section

I'm personally more than fine about the discussion being here I was only pointing out that my personal point was relevant to the show and game.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me