First | Previous | Page 3 of 3
1 2 3
Dark Starter Pack discussion
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#101 Posted: 18:25:19 05/06/2016
Quote: Portal___Master
Lol prove to u. All im saying is the ps and xbox logos are a big problem. They cant sell it like that. Both companies will throw big fits. The box looks custom. Not the artwork but the box as a whole. When these things are found, a link would be beneficial. There are known users on social media who love to make things (fake images) to attract attention. Remember that nitro SSC fig?

So whoever faked this made their own art, that looks highly official? And they made that chest thing? I'm pretty sure that the Playstation thing in the corner is NOT going to be in the final product. It's likely just a mockup box until official release.
---
Dead
SirKev7 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1251
#102 Posted: 18:53:30 05/06/2016
Quote: Chompy-King257
Quote: pezskylander
Does anyone have an answer about whether the Dark Starter Pack is definitely a Gamestop exclusive? I have seen different opinions and wondering if anyone that has gone to GAMESTOP knows for sure.

Yes. It's confirmed to be an exclusive.

Edit: *Coughs*

[User Posted Image]

First off, what's that treasure chest? Second, the Life Crystal is different.

Where did you find this?
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#103 Posted: 18:58:01 05/06/2016
Quote: SirKev7
Quote: Chompy-King257
Quote: pezskylander
Does anyone have an answer about whether the Dark Starter Pack is definitely a Gamestop exclusive? I have seen different opinions and wondering if anyone that has gone to GAMESTOP knows for sure.

Yes. It's confirmed to be an exclusive.

Edit: *Coughs*

[User Posted Image]

First off, what's that treasure chest? Second, the Life Crystal is different.

Where did you find this?

Originally on SCL, but it was first seen here: https://www.facebook.com/Skyla...753030368171626

Edit: The image has been removed.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:02:18 05/06/2016 by Chompy-King257
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#104 Posted: 19:43:51 05/06/2016
Looks like a placeholder that somebody has edited.
Wolfgang Gold Sparx Gems: 2044
#105 Posted: 19:46:40 05/06/2016
Yeah... I wouldn't quite trust that image, but at least we have a solid enough source of what figures are included in the Dark edition.
---
♫Cheap smoke, risin' like a spirit in the- soft glow of a New York street.
No glamour or garb can hide the animal heart inside of me.♫
GinjaNinja Gold Sparx Gems: 2604
#106 Posted: 19:56:14 05/06/2016
That pictures looks really fake to me. But if it is real I'll need to buy that chest second hand.
#107 Posted: 20:10:32 05/06/2016
Quote: yelvy
Looks like a placeholder that somebody has edited.

Quote: Wolfgang
Yeah... I wouldn't quite trust that image, but at least we have a solid enough source of what figures are included in the Dark edition.

Quote: GinjaNinja
That pictures looks really fake to me. But if it is real I'll need to buy that chest second hand.

I would think so too, but the fact that the art of Wolfgang is new and that the figures are shown at different angles in the box is odd enough for me to believe it. Also, that chest looks exactly like the ones in the game, so it couldn't be from something else.
---
sunburnninja Yellow Sparx Gems: 1118
#108 Posted: 21:55:06 05/06/2016
Using dark crystal for ninja
---
Subscribe to join Team Sun Today!!!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-I9N_yeZJSmhYTDu3lbSyg
griswoldthunder Gold Sparx Gems: 2953
#109 Posted: 22:46:05 05/06/2016
In case some of you haven't been to GameStop: there is an information sheet for Skylanders Imaginators. At the bottom of the sheet, there is a list of what is included in each of the two types of starter packs. For the Dark Edition it reads:
Skylanders Imaginators Video Game
Portal of Power
3 Skylanders Sensei Figures
3 Imaginite Creation Crystals
2-Sided Collection Poster
And more to be announced...

Maybe that treasure chest is the more to be announced. I would guess that it might be a chest of parts to turn your Imaginators Skylanders into Dark Skylanders.
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#110 Posted: 22:49:36 05/06/2016
Does anyone think that the crystal's look a little too big...?
And would they REALLY add a SKY background on a DARK EDITION starter pack?
But, if it is real, does anyone think they could be releasing Imaginite Chests in like, a triple pack or some kind of pack that will unlock some customization for you?

Another thing to point out, realize how the Life and Dark crystal's don;t have their elements on it, yet the Fire one does?
But I don't think it could be fake, or at least an earlier product, because how would they get the Life and Dark Crystal's without the glow? And the figures from that angle?
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:51:37 05/06/2016 by Luminous35
#111 Posted: 22:56:54 05/06/2016
Quote: Luminous35
Does anyone think that the crystal's look a little too big...?
And would they REALLY add a SKY background on a DARK EDITION starter pack?
But, if it is real, does anyone think they could be releasing Imaginite Chests in like, a triple pack or some kind of pack that will unlock some customization for you?

Another thing to point out, realize how the Life and Dark crystal's don;t have their elements on it, yet the Fire one does?
But I don't think it could be fake, or at least an earlier product, because how would they get the Life and Dark Crystal's without the glow? And the figures from that angle?

They added a Sky Background on other Dark Editions, like the Swap Force one.

With the Creations Crystals - Well, they're more expensive than Traps and almost the same price as a regular Skylander, so they're bound to be a bit bigger than traps.

Again, keep in mind that this is not a final product. It's probably just a mock-up.
---
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#112 Posted: 23:00:33 05/06/2016
Crystals are hueg,guys. Bigger than the short Cores.

[User Posted Image]

It's slightly bigger than they should be,but not by much.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:00:59 05/06/2016 by Bifrost
#113 Posted: 23:18:09 05/06/2016
Whoops! From the videos I saw, they looked pretty small.
---
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#114 Posted: 23:19:46 05/06/2016
Whoops! From the videos I saw, they looked pretty small.

Just get a swap force portal, put a core on it, and compare it to the picture.
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#115 Posted: 23:24:43 05/06/2016
Literally no one in this thread who is skeptical of this image has provided an explanation for the new Wolfgang artwork or new models for the Creation Crystals. Those are what make it real for me. So, if anyone can stand up to the plate and convince me that they aren't real, I'm all ears!
4inCreation Gold Sparx Gems: 2989
#116 Posted: 23:27:45 05/06/2016
The SWAP Force Portal matches the design of the bases and crystal pretty well. I wonder how much different the final portal will be if there is one. The fact that the SWAP Force portal is being used there, could mean that you can at least still use any portal for Imaginators. I'm sure somebody already mentioned that somewhere, but design wise that's pretty nice!
#117 Posted: 23:28:05 05/06/2016
Yeah, that's what's making me have a little hope. The Artwork.
Wait, I DON'T WANT HOPE. I DON'T WANT ANYONE GETTING SOMETHING EXTRA!
Also, I noticed, about the cloud background, Trap Team's DE had that, so I guess I can't say anything.
---
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#118 Posted: 23:35:42 05/06/2016
I think I've noticed something about how the Portal reacts when a Creation Crystal is placed on it.
Probably should post it in the General topic but we are discussing that now, after all.

Apparently the Portal lights up in a different way when you place a crystal on it: instead of simply glowing and changing color, it starts emanating light pulses from the center (maybe to mimic the crystal's heartbeat-like glows) while changing colors more rapidly.
Maybe they are using the SWAP Force Portal because it was already programmed to have different configurations, like the one during Kaos' Mom fight.
They could keep that very same tech and simply change the aesthetic to match a more "imaginative" concept.

I know this gif hasn't the best quality, but should be enough to show what I'm talking about:

[User Posted Image]

I think it's shown in quite a few videos as well.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:41:23 05/06/2016 by Drek95
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#119 Posted: 14:30:54 06/06/2016
It's the little details like the portal lights they add that make me love these games. They could be as careless as they want and still be able to make money off of the games, but the reason I love them so much is the fact that they add so many small details and features in the games.
BatWolf Blue Sparx Gems: 517
#120 Posted: 19:28:49 14/08/2016
Quote: Dark35
Why is everyone so hyped about Wolfgang? He's just some stupid prissy harp playin heavy metal puppy! Wait for actual news! Not Pups

hey you dont talk crap bout wolfgang, hes a BOSS and idc if your a gill grunt fan no-one talks about wolfgang like that

on other notes, hopefully pre-ordering dark edition today, and its very lucky since they dont usually have dark edition in Ireland, really hope the kaos figure comes with this one cause i heard only SOME retailers sell the kaos figure with pre-order
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie
: http://steamcommunity.com/id/BatWolfGaming
~DEFENDER OF TRI-TIP!~ One does not simply zoo tycoon machinima
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:42:42 14/08/2016 by BatWolf
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#121 Posted: 20:18:22 14/08/2016
Don't think some people didn't see the post before the edit. You don't have to like other people's opinions but you might want to be a little less rude.

The Dark Edition description is the same as the Swap Force again uuuurgh

None of the Dark characters this time were even notorious at the time(King Pen was a nobody, the villain were imprisoned). They could at least handwave this is a newfound batch of Petrified Darkness.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#122 Posted: 00:03:52 15/08/2016
I'd get the normal version, i never really liked dark variants besides Spyro and a few others. It looks like the colors are just randomly put on them like the legendaries after SSA.
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#123 Posted: 02:31:26 15/08/2016
Get the DE for PS4, since they're not doing one for PS3. However I am getting the Crash SE for PS3, though it should be $89.99 since only one figure's added as oppose to 2 figures and 2 creation crystals that the DE has.
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
#124 Posted: 02:37:45 15/08/2016
Spyro is actually the only Dark Skylander I like, but Spitfire is pretty good too.
---
Street50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#125 Posted: 09:13:21 15/08/2016
I like Dark Golden Queen, Blast Zone, Slobber Tooth and Wildfire
but don't think I care about any of the other dark edition characters.

But I really think Tri-Tip should have been in instead of wolfgang. He'd have looked good in it.
#126 Posted: 14:52:24 15/08/2016
Dark Golden Queen and King Pen look great, but i still prefer the originals.
---
BatWolf Blue Sparx Gems: 517
#127 Posted: 15:41:29 15/08/2016
@luminous35 same but atleast the dark ones are stronger in stats ( i think)
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie
: http://steamcommunity.com/id/BatWolfGaming
~DEFENDER OF TRI-TIP!~ One does not simply zoo tycoon machinima
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#128 Posted: 18:50:51 15/08/2016
Spyro is actually the only Dark Skylander I like, but Spitfire is pretty good too.

Dark Spitfire's my favorite dark edition so far!
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#129 Posted: 19:11:24 15/08/2016
I like all Dark variants except Dark Golden Queen and Dark Wolfgang. I'm going to buy Dark King Pen in the future since I'm getting the Crash Edition.
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#130 Posted: 21:34:27 15/08/2016
Is it safe to assume you will get the dark crystal in later waves?
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#131 Posted: 21:35:06 15/08/2016
If we don't, I'm gonna be so mad. I want the Crash Edition, not the Dark Edition, and I'm not changing my pre-order again.
---
stoat2337 Gold Sparx Gems: 2270
#132 Posted: 02:31:21 24/10/2016
So, now that the Dark Edition has been released, has it been discussed that it will ALWAYS be a GS exclusive? Any chance it is only a timed exclusive?
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#133 Posted: 02:39:01 24/10/2016
Quote: stoat2337
So, now that the Dark Edition has been released, has it been discussed that it will ALWAYS be a GS exclusive? Any chance it is only a timed exclusive?

It's a timed exclusive meaning online has already sold out and stores are actually running low already as well. Only GS will be carrying them, which sounds like not for long. smilie
First | Previous | Page 3 of 3
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me