darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Character Creation, to What Extent?
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Character Creation, to What Extent?
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#1 Posted: 14:43:54 01/06/2016 | Topic Creator
All right. So I, like many others I'm sure, am going to be one of those people. Who may make some original characters, but will mostly try to make characters from other fictions. And I've already got some ideas... It's all just a matter of whether or not the creator will allow them or not.

Personally, I believe that along with their own pieces, you'll be able to scan in Skylanders from your collection to also unlock parts for custom Skylanders. My evidence?
1. Splat's face during one of TAGG's screenshots.
2. The Imaginator in the "sneaking into Skylanders HQ" video having a head similar to Tree Rex.

I don't know though, what are your thoughts on character creation? You gonna make OCs only, make characters from other fictions, or a little of both?
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#2 Posted: 14:47:40 01/06/2016
I'm not really going to try to replicate things from other games, as I'll never be satisfied with how poorly the creator would be able to replicate them.

That said, I love the idea, and will make 10 new characters, one per element, one per battle class, should I be willing to buy enough Creation Crystals for that.
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#3 Posted: 14:57:57 01/06/2016
The Character Customizations are pretty diverse. I at least want to be able to make Reindhart from Overwatch. That's my wish!
#4 Posted: 15:01:17 01/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Something just occurred to me, do you think it's possible to delete characters from crystals or even name them? Because I haven't seen any evidence of that yet...
---
Check this out! Please?
#5 Posted: 15:04:17 01/06/2016
Quote: AdamGregory03
Something just occurred to me, do you think it's possible to delete characters from crystals or even name them? Because I haven't seen any evidence of that yet...

You can name it! Don't know if you can delete it, though
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#6 Posted: 15:16:10 01/06/2016
There was an option to name your character under the Music and Sounds button. It's possible that they'll let you delete it in case you wanna change your character's battle type.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#7 Posted: 15:32:30 01/06/2016
as i understand it if you want to make a specific element character. then you will have to buy that specif element crystal.. 10 crystals thats like 100 dollars right there.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:33:31 01/06/2016 by CountMoneyBone
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#8 Posted: 15:35:06 01/06/2016
Quote: CountMoneyBone
as i understand it if you want to make a specific element character. then you will have to buy that specif element crystal.. 10 crystals thats like 100 dollars right there.

There's also the unknown variability of the crystal design itself, like the traps. That's going to be a fool's errand, though. If they come out with 4 designs per element that's $400. smilie

Personally, I'm going to be fine buying the figures and villains (no variants) and sidestepping the creation process. If my kids want a couple to play around with the feature that's fine but not going there this year. The idea is awesome, love the lightcore aspect of the toy, but it's very much on rails for kids. They still haven't addressed / communicated the game content yet, so there are still quite a number of unknowns. At this point I'm going to go with "more of the same".

Still, this year already promises to blow away last year's entry. The fact that we're getting basically 3 gimmicks and all of them are optional is a TREMENDOUS step in the right direction. We're able to pick and choose which ideas to adopt.
Edited 6 times - Last edited at 15:42:35 01/06/2016 by TakeYourLemons
#9 Posted: 15:41:56 01/06/2016
Quote: TakeYourLemons

There's also the unknown variability of the crystal design itself, like the traps. That's going to be a fool's errand, though. If they come out with 4 designs per element that's $400. smilie

Personally, I'm going to be fine buying the figures and villains (no variants) and sidestepping the creation process. If my kids want a couple to play around with the feature that's fine but not going there this year. The idea is awesome, love the lightcore aspect of the toy, but it's very much on rails for kids. They still haven't addressed / communicated the game content yet, so there are still quite a number of unknowns. At this point I'm going to go with "more of the same".

Still, this year already promises to blow away last year's entry.

did you get trigger happy racing pack and thrilliped/buzzwing?

anyway if u go for it i go for one of each for the crystals... if variants im not gonna pick them up..
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:43:10 01/06/2016 by CountMoneyBone
#10 Posted: 15:43:11 01/06/2016

I'm 100% complete on SC. All collecting dust.
#11 Posted: 15:44:54 01/06/2016

okay i see, but at least you have them all...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#12 Posted: 15:47:16 01/06/2016
There's a default set of features avalaible from the start. In order to expand that initial set you can do the following:

- Buy Senseis: they unlock new gear, skills and increase the level cap of imaginators (+1 per senseiof the same element).

- Collect them in the main campaign: You can find gear thorugh the levels as well as unlock new body features

- Buy Crystals: The crystals are elementally alligned. Yhis is may sound obvious but If you want to provide you skylander, for instance, with air skills you have to get the air crystal.

- I really don't think old skylanders will unlock anything tbh
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:48:18 01/06/2016 by angelg
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#13 Posted: 15:49:07 01/06/2016
I think they might since Double Trouble's head is avaliable. Like, the entire thing. That or it'll be some 'legacy' set all about the old guys in chests.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#14 Posted: 15:50:14 01/06/2016

This all ends with this entry. Unless they blow me away on game CONTENT. I'm not going to hold my breath.
Shin Majin Yellow Sparx Gems: 1145
#15 Posted: 16:32:57 01/06/2016
Quote: angelg
There's a default set of features avalaible from the start. In order to expand that initial set you can do the following:

- Buy Senseis: they unlock new gear, skills and increase the level cap of imaginators (+1 per senseiof the same element)

You...have to...*eye twitch*...BUY a higher level cap?!
---
Team quadruped.
Joseph > Jotaro
#16 Posted: 16:35:57 01/06/2016
Well, what of it? They only increase HP and from what they said before they'd stick to 20 otherwise. This seems to be to compensate the fact acessories have stats so you can wear whatever without dying more than Trigger Happy.
---
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#17 Posted: 16:50:49 01/06/2016
It's not like you have to buy an higher level cap.
Doubt anyone would buy extra Senseis only for that, you still have a normal cap of 20.

There indeed are more old Skylanders' parts than I thought; I also spotted Tuff Luck's head and eyes in the trailer, as well as Knight Light's wings and what I believe is Rattle Shake's tail in the creation screen.

I do hope they will be unlocked by figures, but I have the feeling they will simply be legacy customization parts normally found inside the game (maybe Mythical, though).
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:51:20 01/06/2016 by Drek95
DragonShine Yellow Sparx Gems: 1539
#18 Posted: 17:06:26 01/06/2016
Quote: Drek95
Doubt anyone would buy extra Senseis only for that, you still have a normal cap of 20.

There indeed are more old Skylanders' parts than I thought; I also spotted Tuff Luck's head and eyes in the trailer, as well as Knight Light's wings and what I believe is Rattle Shake's tail in the creation screen.

I do hope they will be unlocked by figures, but I have the feeling they will simply be legacy customization parts normally found inside the game (maybe Mythical, though).

Ooo if oldlanders unlock parts then I can combine my dragons into a MEGA DRAGON! smilie
---
Still trying to recruit to my dragon army:S2 Bash, S2 Zap, Thorn Horn Camo, S1 Whirlwind,s1 Cynder
#19 Posted: 17:09:44 01/06/2016

This all ends with this entry. Unless they blow me away on game CONTENT. I'm not going to hold my breath.

i nearly ended it with the superchargers, but this week a friend traded me the game for a six pack of beer and a few music cds... so i have been out bargain hunting for figures and vehicles. only miss trigger happy racer pack and thrilliped/buzz wing now.. so i am back in again.. what i am mostly not happy with is that 255mb download patch. that include game content added after the game got released, and will be missing from the game after they shutdown the servers. but after i have been playing the game and got more in-dept with it, i think the game aint that bad for what it is. anyway its good to take a break if you're not feeling it, i did and are now excited for the skylanders again smilie
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#20 Posted: 17:09:45 01/06/2016
Quote: DragonShine

Ooo if oldlanders unlock parts then I can combine my dragons into a MEGA DRAGON! smilie

so much yes
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#21 Posted: 17:15:01 01/06/2016
if old guys unlock new parts then first thing i'm doing is putting down krypt king do i can make a classic JRPG anime boy-san with a BIGASS SWORD
#22 Posted: 17:31:52 01/06/2016
Quote: ZapNorris
if old guys unlock new parts then first thing i'm doing is putting down krypt king do i can make a classic JRPG anime boy-san with a BIGASS SWORD

Just saying, that would be an AWESOME incentive for them to get rid of stock, especially the overstock SC. I'm also betting the "digital vehicles" will require a purchase for racing, whch may then help them get rid of their SC stock. Just a speculation on my part.
#23 Posted: 17:35:36 01/06/2016
Quote: Shin Majin

- Buy Senseis: they unlock new gear, skills and increase the level cap of imaginators (+1 per senseiof the same element)

You...have to...*eye twitch*...BUY a higher level cap?!

You can still get to level 20 like in the past games. However if you wanna "break" that limit and go 21 you'll need a sensei of the same element to do so. I guess the limit will be 23, as there are two senseis and one villain per element. They should have been included in the "body parts" menu.

Yep, Knight Light wings are clearly shown in the trailer. I'm so happy with thatsmilie. However there two things that worries me a bit:

1)Why the wings are featured in the "backpack" cathegory (you can see this issue in one of the trailers)?Wrong!That way it feels like there are some sort of technological device rather than natural organic wings.

2) Will "equipping" the wings provide the power of flight? We'll we get the power of flight as an option at least?

I know nobody cares about it, but I feel betteer if I write it.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:37:52 01/06/2016 by angelg
#24 Posted: 18:01:38 01/06/2016
"Backpack" is a common character creator customization area that always has the wings. This is so people don't wear back shields, backpacks, wings etc over each other because we'd have a clipping party. It's why only one of each is allowed.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:02:00 01/06/2016 by Bifrost
Icebrrrg Green Sparx Gems: 327
#25 Posted: 18:04:55 01/06/2016
It would be fun to make holiday(Xmas/Halloween) themed characters!
#26 Posted: 18:08:24 01/06/2016
Quote: Bifrost
"Backpack" is a common character creator customization area that always has the wings. This is so people don't wear back shields, backpacks, wings etc over each other because we'd have a clipping party. It's why only one of each is allowed.

That makes sense. Feel a bit better now smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:09:11 01/06/2016 by angelg
#27 Posted: 18:42:56 01/06/2016
To answer you second question, angelg, I do hope flight will be an ability but maybe it will be tied to Air only as a regular upgrade instead of being part of wings parts.

I'm saying that because I doubt they will separate wings from other Backpack parts in terms of special functions, but I do hope they will.
I don't see why we shouldn't be able to create flying Water or Earth Imaginators.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#28 Posted: 18:57:35 01/06/2016
To answer you second question, angelg, I do hope flight will be an ability but maybe it will be tied to Air only as a regular upgrade instead of being part of wings parts.

I'm saying that because I doubt they will separate wings from other Backpack parts in terms of special functions, but I do hope they will.
I don't see why we shouldn't be able to create flying Water or Earth Imaginators.

You are right. Thinking it twice, I don't think wings will have any function attach to it, but rather work as an aesthetic element alone.

I would be happy if at least one of the elements got this skill, that would be more than enough for mesmilie What I would dislike though, is to have my air imaginator constantly hovering, without having the possibility of landing, as this it's been the case for many skylanders and villains (luminous for instance).

Another problem is SC had a great deconsideration for flying, not a single character had a proper hovering skill. I dont know if this a tendecy or an ocassional issue limited to SC.

Time will tell I guess.
---
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#29 Posted: 19:25:27 01/06/2016
1) Why the wings are featured in the "backpack" cathegory (you can see this issue in one of the trailers)?Wrong!That way it feels like there are some sort of technological device rather than natural organic wings.

2) Will "equipping" the wings provide the power of flight? We'll we get the power of flight as an option at least?

Well, the "ear" category includes horns, items such as pencils and corn cobs, and Déjà Vu's pigtails. The categories just represent which portion of the body it modifies.

I don't think the wings will automatically enable flight, since there are several winged characters that can't fly. It's most likely a power option, though.
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
#30 Posted: 19:25:51 01/06/2016
two words-

shrek ears.

[User Posted Image]
#31 Posted: 19:30:55 01/06/2016 | Topic Creator
It's all ogre for us now...
---
Check this out! Please?
#32 Posted: 19:32:40 01/06/2016
Quote: AdamGregory03
It's all ogre for us now...

I was gonna say that
---
Street50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#33 Posted: 19:43:21 01/06/2016
I may be buying three crystals an element. I'm all about creating characters in games.
#34 Posted: 19:45:30 01/06/2016
Quote: Street50
I may be buying three crystals an element. I'm all about creating characters in games.

That is if they don't cost much, I'm hoping they're around $6 to $7 this time around, like the traps.
---
#35 Posted: 19:45:43 01/06/2016
Quote: Nightmoon
1) Why the wings are featured in the "backpack" cathegory (you can see this issue in one of the trailers)?Wrong!That way it feels like there are some sort of technological device rather than natural organic wings.

Well, the "ear" category includes horns, items such as pencils and corn cobs, and Déjà Vu's pigtails. The categories just represent which portion of the body it modifies.

I don't think the wings will automatically enable flight, since there are several winged characters that can't fly. It's most likely a power option, though.

I really hope we get the power of flight as an option, even if it's only for one class or one element.

I'm pessimistic, though, as flying has totally been forgotten in SC, plus I have watched again that video that shows the powers selection screen and it seems quite limited:

[User Posted Image]

1) Primary: You don't get any option for your primary attack, it's probably determined by the class you choose.

2) Elemental attack. Obviously this is determined by the element of the crystal you're using. Only 4 options

3) Secret technique: This is probably were the flight power of flight could be located. Only 4 options, and I don't thin they wanna use one of those slots for flight.

4) Soul gem: Only one

It feels like the powers are mainly determined by the class and element smilie
---
#36 Posted: 19:47:53 01/06/2016
Quote: PwnageFTW

That is if they don't cost much, I'm hoping they're around $6 to $7 this time around, like the traps.

9.99 each
LameLime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1200
#37 Posted: 19:48:41 01/06/2016
Quote: ZapNorris
two words-

shrek ears.

img-snip

Cool, now I can try making a Shrek-lander!

However, I don't plan to straight-up make Shrek as a skylander, I'll do it like the Sky-amiibo. Something like "XXX XXX Shrek"
---
NOSTALGA-LANDERS COLLECTION (Spyro's Adventure)
30/32 Skylanders -- 4/4 Levels -- 8/9 Items (Includes VV)
Missing: smilie smilie + Ghost Swords
#38 Posted: 19:54:18 01/06/2016

They are $10 each. They light up really nicely, though, so it's all good!
#39 Posted: 20:02:20 01/06/2016
As I said in GD, we aren't seeing all the attack options, selecting the tertiary brings up a list.
---
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#40 Posted: 20:03:12 01/06/2016
So far this looks good but does anyone else get the feeling that, with them basically giving us the developer kit to create our own Skylanders, this is the last entry or a franchise reboot is next?

I love the idea of "custom landers" but it also has the feeling of "this could be the end".
#41 Posted: 20:05:38 01/06/2016
Quote: Tigorus
So far this looks good but does anyone else get the feeling that, with them basically giving us the developer kit to create our own Skylanders, this is the last entry or a franchise reboot is next?

I love the idea of "custom landers" but it also has the feeling of "this could be the end".

Nah, Activision said a while ago they plan on making 10 - 20 games. It's far from over, my friend.
---
#42 Posted: 20:07:34 01/06/2016
@Bifrost: Good news indeed. The guy of the video didn't made any power selection, he just got into the menu to give a glimpse of the selection screen.

Some otherusers have the same feeling. I personally think there's still room for greatness, like PvP online with our own created skylanders...
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:09:07 01/06/2016 by angelg
#43 Posted: 20:08:18 01/06/2016

Nah, Activision said a while ago they plan on making 10 - 20 games. It's far from over, my friend.

Didn't Infinity say they had vast plans for the future as well? I don't take anything for granted anymore. If Disney can throw in the towel without notice, anyone can.

I don't want the franchise to end but I'm a little apprehensive this year.
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#44 Posted: 20:09:47 01/06/2016
[User Posted Image]

1) Primary: You don't get any option for your primary attack, it's probably determined by the class you choose.

2) Elemental attack. Obviously this is determined by the element of the crystal you're using. Only 4 options

3) Secret technique: This is probably were the flight power of flight could be located. Only 4 options, and I don't thin they wanna use one of those slots for flight.

To me, it seems more like:

Primary Power: Pick 1 basic power, with all customs having the same selection of powers to choose from.
Elemental Power: Pick up to 4 (requires unlocking) powers from a list based on the Element of the crystal.
Secret Technique: Pick up to 4 (requires unlocking) powers from a list based on the Battle Class you chose.
Soul Gem: Like with Primary, 1 power from a universal list, but end-tier, rather than Primary's entry-tier.
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:11:44 01/06/2016 by Nightmoon
#45 Posted: 20:13:34 01/06/2016
I am fairly impressed with what little we've seen in regards to the actual customization. Part of me does hope that certain unlocks are linked to older figures (like Double Trouble's Mask) since it would add massive value and purpose to our collections. Something that's been lacking since they took out Heroic Challenges. I love the fact that you can affect pretty much every aspect from fighting style down to voice and color. Hell you can pretty much make your own Giants now. I wonder if they'll have Swap Force Creation Crystals...kind of blows your mind a little huh lol...
#46 Posted: 20:31:17 01/06/2016
Quote: Nightmoon

I really hope we get the power of flight as an option, even if it's only for one class or one element.

I'm pessimistic, though, as flying has totally been forgotten in SC, plus I have watched again that video that shows the powers selection screen and it seems quite limited:

[User Posted Image]

I think there are more options if you select the different upgrades.
You probably have to unlock them by leveling up, but then you can choose the one you like.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#47 Posted: 20:34:40 01/06/2016
I just noticed the Deja Vu hair... I'm starting to think more and more, that we will get customization parts on the characters we add into the game.
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
#48 Posted: 20:39:09 01/06/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: Luminous35
I just noticed the Deja Vu hair... I'm starting to think more and more, that we will get customization parts on the characters we add into the game.

That's what I'm thinking is the case too. I mean, it would make sense, especially for people who have been playing these games since Spyro's Adventure.
---
Check this out! Please?
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#49 Posted: 20:41:13 01/06/2016
Exactly. I hope that's the case, because i want Knight Light wings from the start so I can make my fabulous Water Character, Snowflight.
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
#50 Posted: 20:45:53 01/06/2016

Didn't Infinity say they had vast plans for the future as well? I don't take anything for granted anymore. If Disney can throw in the towel without notice, anyone can.

I don't want the franchise to end but I'm a little apprehensive this year.

I think we'll see that while the idea of infinite possibilities is alluring, this will be overall a nice distraction. It was kinda worded in their video that this was kinda the "ultimate gimmick" so it gives that tinge of finality here. That being said, sales will rule the day and I suspect we'll see at least a 50% uptick in sales this year (3 million will be my estimate). At least. Kids are gonna love this idea A LOT MORE than vehicles. Vehicles are more of a male gender thng and this idea will inspire all to want and try this out. And who can be repulsed by cool lightcore figures? I also think the show will help promote the game.

I'm simply happy we aren't going to be forced to do anything. Heck I can stick my S1 Spyro on the portal and play the entire game with nothing else.

I do think they went in thinking this will be the last game--hence the possibility of a Kaos figure, etc. But I also think they might wait to see how it does. However, given the games are on two year development cycles...if we haven't heard the announcement of Sky 7 yet, then it's fair to say they've either already cancelled the series after this entry or giving it a year hiatus.
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 20:55:26 01/06/2016 by TakeYourLemons
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me