First | Previous | Page 3 of 3
1 2 3
Skylanders 6 Skymiibos prediction [CLOSED]
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#101 Posted: 13:09:37 06/06/2016
Quote: Portal___Master
Quote: GaiaMemories
Hopefully there won't be any more. It's kind of a dead horse but they really breaka core skylanders rule of not working on all consoles.

Agree with this so much. The main benefit about SkyLanders is the cross platform functionality, we're okay-ish with the cross over 'Landers, but when it's just to one specific brand, that's a downer to us.

I would love to agree with you, but I can't. It doesn't hurt you that it doesn't work. You don't have to get 'everything'. It's just another option for people with the weakest version of the (full) game to spend money on, its not free for them or anything. Besides, do the raw numbers, if they do '2' skymiibos out of 20 base + 10 Crystal characters, that's like a 7% increase in playable character options...in a game where you can possibly MAKE the character anyway from a gameplay stand point.

Where I dislike it however has more to do with the 'amiibo' side of the equation. Last time it was regular Bowser and regular DK, and frankly the amiibos are still nothing more than physical unlock codes for some outfits, and some demos. So I already had DK, I already had 2 Bowsers (fan of his and customed one to match metal mario), I get dark Bowser and dark DK, get regular Bowser, was going to get regular DK, but the cost just wasn'[t worth it, especially when I figured out they were useless as Amiibos to me.

THAT needs to change. If they do 'Yoshi', it needs to be a 'special Yoshi' Amiibo or I'm not even going to bother.
- Unreall
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#102 Posted: 13:18:01 06/06/2016
Quote: chaosworrier
I haven't read this thread but will simply state that I asked today and was informed that Activision have lost the co-licensing deal to implement new Skymiibos. So, long story, short, no new ones will be created at this stage. The good news is that Lego Dimensions may, just may, have something in the pipeline...

Link please to where they said this?
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#103 Posted: 14:37:41 06/06/2016
We are still at that, aren't we?
The problem is not the fact I don't need to buy all the characters, items or extra figures, of course I don't: but since I want that, with Skymiibos I simply can't unless I own a Wii U or a 3DS (where they are pretty useless as of now).

And it would be the same even if they were Microsoft or Sony exclusives, it would still mean they would alienate certain customers; doubt anyone would buy a figure they can't use just because it looks pretty.
NO exclusives at all, if they do want to add guest-stars then they can look for multi-platform characters.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5337
#104 Posted: 14:48:10 06/06/2016
I agree that multiplatform guests would be better going forward. Sonic and Megaman would be perfect, for instance, and they could possibly even still function as amiibos while being compatible with all consoles.
---
Boop me if you see this.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:04:36 06/06/2016 by Muffin Man
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#105 Posted: 18:59:20 06/06/2016
Quote: Drek95
We are still at that, aren't we?
The problem is not the fact I don't need to buy all the characters, items or extra figures, of course I don't: but since I want that, with Skymiibos I simply can't unless I own a Wii U or a 3DS (where they are pretty useless as of now).

And it would be the same even if they were Microsoft or Sony exclusives, it would still mean they would alienate certain customers; doubt anyone would buy a figure they can't use just because it looks pretty.
NO exclusives at all, if they do want to add guest-stars then they can look for multi-platform characters.

I can sympathize with trying to get them all, again, I went HAM last year on them until I realized how much of a waste it was as I finished the game with characters I still hadn't played, and the replay for the game was honestly crap, especially since I couldn't stand the control for the vehicle portions. Just increasing dmg done and lowering damage dealt by percentage doesn't make me play a game again either. I'm digressing.

I just can't cry about it, there are literally more figures than you can REALLY play as anyway, if you want the skymiibos for colelctors purpose and can't play them (shrug) it would be no different than half your collection anyways. My feelings about it are lessened even more with the gimmick of making your own characters. I expect to see some sonics or Yoshis or Links...literally day one.

And hey, if they mean that much to you, then you'll get it for that console, I REALLY wanted Bowser and DK, especially Bowser, so I bought it for both consoles - OVER my XBOne and even though I have a PS4 now, I most likely would still get it for the Wii U if they have an exclusive (that's the whole point)....iits just hard to complain about system exclusives outside of how fragmented they were last year (I would of had to buy 5 starter packs to get everything I wanted, still did 3).

With that said, I'd rather they skip the exclusive Skymiibos and instead released Nintendo exclusive audio/costume packs.
- Unreall
boomerfan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1602
#106 Posted: 20:55:18 06/06/2016
I wish some of the third party smash bros characters like sonic and mega man could get in as skymiibos, but for me and realistic terms eho will get in i think we could get wario, yoshi or kirby.
---
smilieBRING THE BOOM!smilie
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#107 Posted: 00:15:24 07/06/2016
Quote: AdamGregory03
Quote: chaosworrier
I haven't read this thread but will simply state that I asked today and was informed that Activision have lost the co-licensing deal to implement new Skymiibos. So, long story, short, no new ones will be created at this stage. The good news is that Lego Dimensions may, just may, have something in the pipeline...

Link please to where they said this?

Verbal communication, sorry but from a source that has been right most of the time. Track record examples:
  • Said the last SL game would involve cars long before that became public
  • Told me about BttF, Simpsons and Ghostbusters being in LD long before that was announced

My source goes to a lot of game conventions, etc as a component of their work and has a deep interest in this stuff as they are a collector. Whilst they sometimes misconstrue things or are even told the wrong thing, themselves, I have pretty good faith in them.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
First | Previous | Page 3 of 3
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me